Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2006, 02:10   #1
BHPian

Bought a new Swift which had been hit before it was delivered,I have proof as well.

I bought a Metallic Azure Grey Swift Vxi from AVG Thiruvalla, Kerala on April 18th. I had posted a thread about this a few months ago. I’ll link that to this thread.
Well making it really brief

There was a small gap between the front fender and bumper. We realized that initially and decided to show that during our first service. On April 19th we gave it for our first service and reported it, and they said that the gap was a “manufacturing defect

After calls from their head office AVG in Kottayam, they said to bring the car again and they would have it fixed. We gave the car on April 22nd and they called that evening and said the car had met with an accident from our hands and that we had the fender hit straight and repainted. They showed that the fender had marks on the opposite side off it being hit straight. After making an unavoidable scene over there, because off the attitude of there service guys, we decided to leave the car back there and call the GM of AVG

The GM called finally after 2 days and said that he will get the car checked in AVG workshop in Kottayam. We reached there that day with the car and he took the car to get it checked and said the car had not been hit and just reduced the gap a little bit. We seriously didn’t mind the gap as long as we knew that the car had not been hit. He said that he would do an investigation as to how that happened and he would call us back. I sent him mail and called him regularly as to his reply but got no reply

I complained to Maruti Complaint line on June, and the next week, the customer care manager, told us to bring our car to AVG Thiruvalla, and had the car fixed with no charge and she promised to give an explanation. And guess what she said that the car has definitely met with an accident.

Well I was just browsing through my computer when I found a couple of photos which me and my brother had taken when we visited AVG Thiruvalla to decide on the car on April 10th, before the car was delivered to us. There is a vast area AVG Thiruvalla has where the keep their cars collecting dust before it is sold. And guess what we took a photo of a Metallic Azure Grey Swift, when I zoomed in to the fender the same gap which was there on my car, IT WAS MY CAR. I had a photo of my car before it was delivered to me. I took the photos today to the customer care manager and she said that she will show this to the CEO tomorrow and call back.

]Now I need to know what can I expect to happen now, I have solid proof. Will they have the car replaced, the car has done 1200kms so far.

What happens if I take this to court?

What kind of compensation can I expect, I bought a car that had met with an accident before

Last edited by ajmat : 5th August 2006 at 09:34.
Old 5th August 2006, 02:22   #2
BHPian

why is my post like that, is it because i pasted it from word, please guys read it?

This is the link of my previous post
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-de...ed-advice.html

These guys gave me different stories, first they said that it was a manufacturing defect, then the second time they say they car had met with an accident by us, next the GM said that there is no chance that the car had met with an accident, and now the customer care manager says that the car had met with an accident.

Please guys read the above post.
Old 5th August 2006, 10:42   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

ECM, I have PMed you and please discuss such off-topic issues via PM. There is no need to hijack this thread, which by itself is a very serious issue. Condor - Thanks for your reply.

Getting back to the topic - Micraft : You have paid for a new car. What you have received is damaged goods. They will surely compensate you and if you are happy with that...fine. But I would sue for a fresh replacement.
Old 5th August 2006, 11:00   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by micraft
And guess what we took a photo of a Metallic Azure Grey Swift, when I zoomed in to the fender the same gap which was there on my car, IT WAS MY CAR. I had a photo of my car before it was delivered to me. I took the photos today to the customer care manager and she said that she will show this to the CEO tomorrow and call back.
Congrats micraft - with a combinaton of luck and perciverance you have done a Feluda !

Quote:
Now I need to know what can I expect to happen now, I have solid proof. Will they have the car replaced, the car has done 1200kms so far.

What happens if I take this to court?

What kind of compensation can I expect, I bought a car that had met with an accident before
Well, for one, I read both your posts with much interest - it is sad to say the least to happen to a new buy. Also, worse that every customer should have pre- and post-purchase photographs to "prove" that he was given a defective product . Technically, of course, it would be very difficult to prove that the picture of the car you took before delivery is the very same car you bought later. However, I think the dealer will help you out sort out the issue to avoid any embarrassment. Replace, I don't think he will, but I am sure your problem will be solved.

With the kind of experience you are going through, it is but natural that you start finding more faults with your car - and I won't blame you if you did. Even the minutest of defects will magnify itself. I just hope that you love the good points of your car - so you don't end up feeling bitter about owning a vehicle you have yearned to buy.

Do let us know what happens.

Best regards,

johy
Old 5th August 2006, 11:19   #5
aZa
Senior - BHPian

micraft : i read both ur posts too... Atleast these guys are accepting their faults. My santro had a its front bumper underside scrapped when i got the car. Due to the excitement of the new car i didn't really find it, but then after a week i found the scrapped paint. When i reported this to the dealer they bluntly said that it was probably done by me. Anyway the damage doesn't show and it pretty small so i left it at that. But i never went back to that dealer again for anything even the schedule service is done at other dealers. 3 More hyundais were bought in my family, i took the test drives from this very dealer but made sure the cars were bought from other dealers

Anyway i would SUE them if i had the sorta proof that u have.
Old 5th August 2006, 14:49   #6
BHPian

well johy,
i can prove that the car i photographed was mine. AVG Thiruvalla had a large ground where they keep car before their sale collecting dust and bird crap. My photo was taken on April 10th, before i purchased the car, on that ground, and when u zoom in u can see the gap b/w the fender and bumper. The customer care manager who had seen my car also agrees that its my car.

My problem has been solved, after i called maruti they fixed up my car. But thats not good enough, i paid for a brand new car, not a car which had been hit before.

aza, AVG never accepted their faults, they kept pointing there fingers on me, even now. After calling Maruti only did the customer care manager fix up my car and confirmed that the car had met with an accident and after her enquiry she says that it didn;t happen from AVG. There was absolutley no cooperation, just trouble from AVG, till i called up Maruti, then we had the customer care manager only to help us out.

They had taken us for a round for the last 4 months, first they said it was a manufacturing defect, and then they said the car had been hit from our hands and that we had it fixed in a local workshop, and then they say then the GM says that the car had never been hit and he'll enquire as to how this happened and says he'll call back, no reply from him for 2 months, called maruti, and then they fixed up my car and the customer care manager confirms that the car had been hit.
Old 7th August 2006, 02:43   #7
BHPian

cmon guys, was expectiong more replies.

Tomorrow I'm expecting a call from AVG.

What can i expect as compensation from them?
Old 7th August 2006, 07:31   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
cmon guys, was expectiong more replies.

Tomorrow I'm expecting a call from AVG.

What can i expect as compensation from them?

Franky, you should have inspected the car on delivery and refused to accept it as the defect was quite apparent

Expect -repair to as new. I do not think the car is structurally damaged to expect a new car. You have not shown any pics
Old 7th August 2006, 18:21   #9
BHPian

I don't think that they will replace the car completely for you. The AVG guys have big time attitude, so be very strong in what you tell them, also give them a hint that u would probably take it up with Consumer court. I don't think the car would have met with a big accidend, anyways ask them to replace the front fender completely for you, also be with them when the take ur car to their workshop in eerakadave, coz the mech drive like Shumi on those roads....
Old 7th August 2006, 20:57   #10
BHPian

Also Micraft, since it seems luck is not on your side, and even otherwise, everytime you give your car for servicing make sure you write in down in the Jobcard "Car not to be taken for test drive".

I have started doing that. You dont want any mechanic trying stunts with your car in the name of test drive. When you go to collect the car, tell the supervisor "pls come with me for a test drive" and you drive.
Old 7th August 2006, 22:22   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

micraft,

I feel you shouldn't have taken delivery of the car in the first place, having seen the gap between the bumper and body. My feeling is the car had been bumped about during transit from Maruti to your dealer or from your dealer's godown to the showroom. If this incident had happened in a consumer-biased country, your dealership would have been forced to pay you lot of money and take back the car. However in India we-the consumers need be that much more wary of that shifty short-cut every business looks to make.
Old 7th August 2006, 22:27   #12
Team-BHP Support

well i don't think you can do much on this, as last i recall the showroom people make you sign on a document that says you ahve received the car in perfect and desired shape.
can someone confirm this?

manson.

Last edited by manson : 7th August 2006 at 22:33.
Old 7th August 2006, 22:37   #13
Senior - BHPian

Frankly, every auto company practises this.
If an undelivered new car meets with an accident/mishap,the company just does a patch job and sells it.
Always get the new car checked by an experienced mech before taking delivery.
Old 7th August 2006, 22:47   #14
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson
well i don't think you can do much on this, as last i recall the showroom people make you sign on a document that says you ahve received the car in perfect and desired shape.
can someone confirm this?

manson.
Yes manson .. U are right .. On the delivery challan its quite clearly stated that " All goods are handed over to the customer in good condition " or something like that under which the customer has to sign before getting the delivery of the vehicle .. So , legally u cant do much ..
Old 8th August 2006, 00:46   #15
BHPian

unless the photo you clicked shows any kind of Temp Number plate or any other Car ID Number...Its not possible to Prosecute the dealer under this piece of evidence, however the biggest proof of damage is the Maruti Lady who admits that this happened, I suggest get the bumper changed and forget about the problem..If you move to the courts firstly you will have to stop using your car, secondly the court may at the most ask the dealer to pay compensation and have the car repaired...Replacement is very very difficult considering its a job that can be replaced with..However for your satisfaction Why don't you get it checked for any other damages or signs of damages due to the impact, I doubt there would be any left since the dealer must have repaired or replaced every part which could have...! Most Imp..Once you sign on the dotted line its a rarity that the dealer can admit his fault...At least in case of Cars

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks