Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2014, 20:27   #46
BHPian

Re: Jetta Breakdown: Exceptional experience with VW Service

Wow. Santa Claus did leave a lot of gifts under your Christmas tree!! Could you please elaborate a bit more on what the problem was exactly which they rectified? And what part- if any took a hit/developed the problem? Superb! If some more reviews like these come up, I would definitely look at buying the Polo TDI

Last edited by rahul4321 : 28th December 2014 at 20:28. Reason: typo
Old 28th December 2014, 22:39   #47
Senior - BHPian

Wow! This indeed is something that the company was missing all these years. I have always believed that VW has a superb lineup in their portfolio and the only factor which was forcing potential customers to check out other stables were the infamous customer experiences. Looks like all this is changing for the better.

Great job and keep it up VW. If such service levels become a norm, I promise to soon get a Polo GT in my garage.
Old 28th December 2014, 23:33   #48
BHPian

Nice to read your all is well experience!

But sadly for my father and I it hasn't been a pleasant experience with VW even before we could own a VW!

My father booked the polo petrol highline on the 25th of this month at VW Guwahati (no VW dealer in Shillong) but we still haven't been provided with a test drive of the car.

It so happened that their test drive car got busy for some marketing event that day itself and they provided us a diesel polo for test drive.

The SA attending us told us that the very next day(26th) the car would be taken to Shillong for the same event and that we'd be provided a test drive of the polo here for which they'd give us a call, sadly we did not get any call and on enquiring from the SA that night we get to know that the car is on it's way back to Guwahati and then the SA told us that he'll look into the matter.

That night itself I get a call from someone from VW Guwahati apologising for not giving us a call and I tell him that we can't buy a car without a test drive and that giving us a diesel for the test drive will not help, the person on the line was very apologetic and told me that he'd arrange us a test drive as soon as possible.

27th, that is yesterday, we had no contact with vw Guwahati.

Today morning the SA calls me up and apologises about what happened and then tells me that he can't arrange the test drive vehicle for us in Shillong now as it isn't in his hands and that I'll have to go down to Guwahati again just for a test drive.

Last edited by GTO : 29th December 2014 at 14:49. Reason: Typos
Old 29th December 2014, 01:27   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul4321 View Post
Wow. Santa Claus did leave a lot of gifts under your Christmas tree!! Could you please elaborate a bit more on what the problem was exactly which they rectified? And what part- if any took a hit/developed the problem? Superb! If some more reviews like these come up, I would definitely look at buying the Polo TDI

Fuel pump had taken a hit and was broken.
docaxe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2014, 04:56   #50
Senior - BHPian

WOW...!! That kind of service needs to be truly appreciated , hope this is not an exception but will be a regular feature at VW.

VW definitely needs more such service stories to bring back the customer confidence in the VW brand, good to see such a positive review in a sea of negativity against VW.

Last edited by GTO : 29th December 2014 at 14:50. Reason: Typo
tj123 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 29th December 2014, 08:19   #51
BHPian

I have a VW Vento which has clocked 21,000kms now. My brother has a VW Polo 1.2 TDI which has now clocked 90,000kms. In total, my family has spent a chunk of their life in a VW. When i was buying a Vento, i asked my brother atleast 5 times - " Shall i buy it?". Every time he said " you must if you want to drive a car . If you want more buttons in the cockpit better buy something with a "H" in italics " . I have visited the SS 4 times and here is my experience of VW Pune West.

1) 1st service - 7000kms - I think this interval was introduced pretty late by VW and only involves minor checkup. The earlier VWs only had 15K as the first service. I got an appointment . The car was in at 10am and got released at 3pm. Everything checked, washed and dried.
Bill - Rs 900 odd - only charged for Engine Oil top up.

2) Around 10000kms - Sometimes i park my car in a tight spot in office and usually have to exit from the passenger side gate. One fine day the circus misfired and the gear lever was hit. That broke the gear lever return spring. The car was fine but i could feel the gear level being mushy. Took it SS the next day. It was a lunch so had to wait for an hour. The head mechanic attended to my problem with a test drive. He agreed that the return spring is gone but advised me to get it done during regular service. I obeyed the advice. Satisfied with service. No problem till now.

3) 2nd Service - 15000Kms - Asked for appointment. Weekday assigned. The car was in at 10am. At this point the SA checked everything and gave me an estimate of things. I received an SMS confirmation . At 5:30 the car was ready and got a call from SS. The total bill was Rs 9100, that included oil change, air/diesel/oil filters and other general service items. When i reached home i realized that one of the accessories was missing. It was a key chain with a leather strap that i kept in the storage. I immediately called up the SA and told him about this. Actually he told me to remove everything from the car in the morning, but i ignored his advice. The SA said that he will look into this next day as it was already late evening.
The next morning i got a call that he cannot find the accessories. As that was a key chain given by the dealer , i was offered a new one. Though i was not fancy of a keychain, i told him to take this missing stuff as a feedback. To be fair enough, i should have removed it from the car. Chapter closed.

4) around 20000Kms - I brought a cheap mobile charger and plugged it in. That crap worked fine for 2 days then suddenly stopped worked. I thought the charger went bust. Tested in my other car and found it working. Concluded a blown fuse. I delayed the visit to SS . After couple of weeks i went to SS and told them the problem. Though i expect 30 min of time, the SA immediately called a mechanic. Checked and fixed. All this was 10 mins in total. No charges.

The Vento has clocked 21000 now and the car is running just fine. Amazing performance( you cant dispute this on a VW) and reliable. The other Polo in family has gone through terrible roads and abuse. Still holds solids.

Here is just 2 liners about service experience of my other cars - Suzuki Alto
It has been 8 years now and 90000 kms. There is one thing in my car that has never worked properly - The headlights. I have stuck to Sai service for many years and they claim to fix it every time but alas. Then is the build of the car. The body noise has become terrible. Then to top it all is the biggest myth the mankind has ever known - Maruti is cheaper to maintain. Sorry , i dont buy this one.

An experience with Honda. Though i dont own one , one of my close friend owns a Amaze iDtec. His experience with a Honda dealer has been terrible.
The Honda services in Pune are known to be good.

Now my experience with Maruti doesn't make their service bad in any way or may not change perception of VW. Finally it all boils down to the dealers and little bit of pro-activeness from the customer as well.

I have most of the bills available. I can upload on request.
spyder_p8 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th December 2014, 09:47   #52
Senior - BHPian

My O My are you sure it was VW or was it Santa .
I am glad to see something good about VW . I drive a Swift and was planning to shift to VW . No doubt the Swift DI is a very good car but off late i hear lot of rattling which gets on my nerves thanks to the substandard plastics. I TDed one of my close friends GT TDi and I must say that car shouts quality . I also was lucky enough to drive a Jetta for 1 month during one of my outstation trips in Germany .
If indeed this is a change I am sure my next car would be a VW for sure....maybe in a year
Old 29th December 2014, 09:49   #53
Senior - BHPian

Honestly, when I read the review for the first time, I thought of two things:
  • This is a paid review by the VW team to better their already shattered image in India.
  • The Sun indeed did rise from the West the day Dr. took his Jetta for the journey!!
Exceptional post and truly exceptional experience.
Infact, in even my wildest dreams, this sort of experience will be unheard of.

If these sort of reviews come from owners more often than the horror stories we normally associate with VAG(including Skoda), their robust cars would sell at least double their present sales figures.

VAG cars are superior. Bogged down by the ASC experience.
Experiences such as Dr.'s may be a one of case but then it speaks volumes of the dealer..
VAG has to identify such dealers and benefit not only the customers but themselves at the same time.

Kudos to the VW team!!

Last edited by arnabchak : 29th December 2014 at 09:50.
Old 29th December 2014, 10:07   #54
Senior - BHPian

The issue is not VW, but some of their dealers. Many of the dealers appointed by VW were fresh in the automotive business and behaved like over the counter retailers who do not understand what service is.
The older established dealers who had shifted from other brands always gave good service.
VW Pune West is BU Bhandari group. They initially sold Matador for Bajaj Tempo, and later shifted to Daewoo. When Daewoo closed down they took a TATA dealership, which they later surrendered, for a Mercedes and a VW dealership.

These people know what service and relationship with customers means. Though the category differs, and it is comparing apples to oranges, my maintenance cost per km is lower than my previous Innovas in-spite of the costlier synthetic oil.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2014, 10:31   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Rao View Post
I have Purchased my Polo TDI from BU Bhandari Pune, and all services have been done by them. I am fully satisfied with their service.
==========
I am only praises for VW service with BU Bhandari Pune West

Rahul
I agree with you Rahul. I have only good words for the people at BU Bhandari Pune West. I had taken my Polo for first year service on a Sunday and they did the servicing in 3 hours flat.

The other VW service centre in Pune is not that great. (Don't want to name them but then I don't need to, there is only one other than BU Bhandari in Pune. ) In fact I had the worst experience there. Would never ever visit them again.

Actually it all depends on how good the service centre guys are. Some of the bad guys are ruining the VW brand image.

Lucky to have BU Bhandari guys in Pune.
Old 29th December 2014, 10:35   #56
Senior - BHPian

I own a 2011 Vento. My front three AC vents got broke. All the slats started falling-off. I knew it was something to do with poor quality of vents. I've raised a complaint through VW Toll free number and dealer was VW Downtown - Housr Road.
Immediately got a call from CRM and they took photographs of the vents and told me that, they will send it to HO and let us know. I’ve never heard from them for past two weeks. Called up the VW Toll free number once again and got to know that complaint was closed. I’ve insisted to reopen the same complaint once again.
Got a call from the same CRM and she promised to replace the vents with “GOOD WILL”
My job was done!!
Ramsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2014, 10:55   #57

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 29th December 2014 at 14:52.
gurramvimal is offline   Received Infraction
Old 29th December 2014, 11:07   #58
Team-BHP Support

This is a wonderful turn around for a VW experience. I for one believe that it is the ground level staff and dealers who make or break the customer experience, for cars and bikes especially true due to regular maintenance they need. Often wondered also, why some manufacturers would take this seriously, while others just don't care about it.

Hope the breed (good dealers) grow wider and wider
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2014, 11:34   #59
Senior - BHPian

great to know about such a good experience.
I have completed 3 services + 1 drive in break down repair due to rat damage for my polo.

Each time the service experience has been good. The last service was excelent where service center themselves identified that steering rack has some play and noise, so asked me to allow them to replace it under warranty. so far it is good going for me!
Old 29th December 2014, 11:49   #60
BHPian

India is probably one of those markets where the customer demands (doesn't say it though ;-)) to be treated like a god by the sales men even if the product screams of quality. More so in the this industry in India.

These are proper cars and they simply are one of the best in what they do. Now in India, this is not sufficient and we have a need to be pampered. Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai, Toyota and et all understood it. VAG has understood this very late but not too late I believe; they have gone to such an extent that they have even reduced their sales target and are now aiming to consolidate their market share and improve customer experience.

I think what we have here is one of those action plans that VAG has to get back the customer confidence in their after sales service. Glad that @docaxe had a good experience.

Z.
zavegur is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed