Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2014, 18:19   #1
BHPian

Jetta Breakdown: Exceptional experience with VW Service

Hello,

I would like to share my recent experience with VW after sales service, which I would rate 15/10.

On the morning of Saturday, 20th December, I woke up to the bad news of my uncle being hospitalised in Mangalore. We three needed to reach Mangalore urgently and with the Xmas holidays, there wasn't a single ticket available on any flight, train or bus. So we planned to drive down. We embarked on our journey in my 21 month old Jetta DSG. Everything was very smooth and we were cruising along when my brother failed to notice a dead dog in the right lane between Nippani and Belgaum. It hit the under side of the car with a loud thud. We stopped and checked for any leakages and continued our journey with me at the wheel.

After about 50 km, there was an alarm on the MID and we stopped at the roadside and switched the engine off. The engine refused to start thereafter. We were stuck between Belgaum and Dharwad and made a call to RSA. The call was registered and within five minutes we received a call from VW Hubli asking for our exact location. I explained my reason for travel and was thrilled to hear from them that they were sending me a service car so that I could continue my journey. The service car reached us in 70 minutes and we continued our journey. The replacement car, which was a 77K km run Polo 1.2TDi, had a few issues such as worn out tyres and gear lever problems which popped up when we were about 100 km from Mangalore.

Late night, at 2.45 am, I receive a SMS from VW Hubli that my car had reached their service station on a flat bed. Next morning I received a call from them asking if I was ok with the polo they had lent me. When I told them about the issues that I faced, they promptly organised a Vento Tdi from VW Mangalore. Even though it was a Sunday, my car was attended to by service engineers and diagnosed to have a fuel system error. Monday morning, I got to know that the part wasn't available with VW Hubli. They organised the part from their Hyderabad dealership, but it would take about 36 hours to reach them. This meant I would be stuck in Mangalore till the 24th. With a family function to be attended early morning on 24th in Mumbai, I was in a dilemma and I conveyed the same to VW higher-ups who were in constant touch with me. They asked me to take a flight to Mumbai, for which they would refund the fare amount after the claim process and also offered to drop my car to Mumbai, which was like a blessing. I was skeptical about it initially, but then I was so satisfied with the experience so far that I agreed to it. They also organised to pick up their Polo, which was at the Mangalore workshop for fixing its issues. On the 23rd at noon, I flew to Mumbai and worked till late night. I was anxious about my car, which was still at Hubli awaiting spares. The next morning, I attended our family function and at 11 am, I received a call that the part had arrived. At 1 pm, the car was ready and by 2 pm, it left Hubli to be delivered to my place in Mumbai by their driver and executive. At 11 am, I met them at Vashi and as they had to leave back for Hubli ASAP, organised two tickets for them. I kissed my Jetta (I missed her a lot during those 4 days) and drove it back home all smiling and happy. They had sent the bill which I settled in cash. Next morning I received a call that there was some mis-communication and I was erroneously billed. They had taken up the case as a warranty repair and promised to refund the entire amount ASAP. Again, another cherry on top!

What made me write this experience review was that there were innumerable rantings about VW service, but I had a totally opposite experience. They made me feel like a part of their family and went out of their way to make things comfortable for me. They constantly updated me about the status and fixed the issues in the promised time. This experience has made me a life time VW costumer.

People, I would like to make special mention about Mr. Moorthy from VW Hubli, Mr. Sathish Kannan, VW South India head services and a big thank you to all of you at Team VW.

Regards,

Dr. Akil Mohan Kodavoor.

Last edited by Aditya : 29th December 2014 at 12:04.
docaxe is offline   (121) Thanks
Old 26th December 2014, 18:52   #2
BHPian

re: Jetta Breakdown: Exceptional experience with VW Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by docaxe View Post
Hello, I would like to share my recent experience with VW after sales service and I would rate it as 15/10.
So nice to hear!!. Yes they assist you in every possible ways. Kudos to the dealer and VW .

I think the issue is more to do with dealers than the company VW. Of course it is VW's responsibility to find and appoint dealership like this.

A point worth to mention, when my bro's Polo had a breakdown at Coimbatore, TN. Ramani VW handled the case better. I logged in the details here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3438622

But we have only bad experiences here in Chennai .
DRIVE_ADDICT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2014, 18:58   #3
Team-BHP Support

Terrific experience there. Just goes to show that VW are capable of a '15/10' experience, it's just the intent that's usually missing.

Really heartening to see at least ONE VW dealer who's treating a customer as he deserves to be treated. I can only hope this becomes the norm rather than staying an exception. Forget everything else, their excellent cars deserve a better support experience to go with them.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2014, 19:00   #4
BHPian

Wow. I hope other dealers also do this, VW and otherwise. I have found that even getting a loaner car is a big nightmare, and here you got 2.
Old 26th December 2014, 19:15   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docaxe View Post
Hello, I would like to share my recent experience with VW after sales service and I would rate it as 15/10.
Wow, what a story. An experience like that will make anyone a customer for life. It particularly gladdens someone like me who bought a VW impressed with the tech but always had a niggling fear at the back of my mind, even though the experience has been great so far.
StarScream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2014, 19:22   #6
Senior - BHPian

Oh my! This is the most customer friendly service incident I have had the pleasure to read on team bhp. They not only went out of the way, they treated you like royalty without charging anything for it. Kudos!
extreme_torque is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2014, 19:36   #7
BHPian

Exceptionally Brilliant Experience!!!

Wow! How I wish all owners were treated like this. I sincerely hope these are a sign of things to come and the positive effect of such services inspires other dealerships as well.

Well done VW keep it up!
Old 26th December 2014, 21:06   #8
BHPian

WOW...!! That's something exceptional from Volkswagen.
Its truly opposite to the rants that we keep reading and hearing about this German.

Hat's off to that particular service center.
Are the other service centers reading? Its called "Customer Service" guys.!

Honestly, not only VW, but rest of them should also be learning from this.

Last edited by iamahunter : 26th December 2014 at 21:08.
Old 26th December 2014, 21:56   #9
BHPian

A really good experience. Things like this can start a new chapter.

VW/Skoda have awesome cars if they follow up with after sales even 20% as good I would buy one!

I hope to see some more of such news from VW/Skoda.
Old 26th December 2014, 22:07   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Did the sun rise in the west the day you embarked on the journey?

This is top notch service. I think the dealers in smaller cities respond better than these ego filled metro dealers. Case in point being the hubli, mangalore and mysore.
sagarpadaki is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 26th December 2014, 23:11   #11
i10
BHPian

This is way beyond exceptional service. They went out of their way - a rarity coming from any automobile manufacturer / dealer. Did they actually refund the flight fares?
Old 26th December 2014, 23:44   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i10 View Post
This is way beyond exceptional service. They went out of their way - a rarity coming from any automobile manufacturer / dealer. Did they actually refund the flight fares?

Have just sent my bills for claim purpose will receive it once it's processed
docaxe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2014, 08:27   #13
BHPian

The question is, did you ask the authorities to clear the dog, or it could have posed as a threat for other people as well.
prakhar1998 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2014, 08:47   #14
Senior - BHPian

My experience with VW Service

Vow,that's super service. Had VW had service like this I probably would be driving one of their DSG machines. Let's hope they do this in all their service centres or would probably recommend moving lock,stock and barrel to Hubli,ha ha.
Just read a thread on Vinayak Skoda Bangalore last night and the horror of just simply getting a service appointment.
Hubli VW keep up the good work and let's hope the goodness spreads like viral.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 27th December 2014 at 08:49.
Old 27th December 2014, 09:10   #15
BHPian

That's one great experience doc, especially at a time that you needed it the most !!

If this is any sign of things to come from VAG then they sure are learning from all the feedbacks & horror stories about them. Such customer experience stories will help a lot to rebuild that lost faith & build confidence in customers. I for one am feeling much better than I am generally used to after having taken up the gamble of buying a car from them. Hope to hear more of such happy experiences !!

Now, the million dollar question... did they refund your airfare along with your bill ?

If yes, then its truly merry Christmas time & VAG is playing Santa :beer:

Last edited by suhas_raj : 27th December 2014 at 09:15.

Most Viewed