Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2015, 18:16   #91
BHPian

Re: Platino Classic, Cochin sells me an old BMW 320D display car. Repainted, bumper swappe

yaseenar - Any update from BMW on your issue?

Just to mention, I have seen your posting on your BMW car issue shared by multiple sources in Facebook through Rushlane link.
Old 13th January 2015, 16:53   #92
BHPian

Re: Platino Classic, Cochin sells me an old BMW 320D display car. Repainted, bumper swappe

Sad to hear this happen with you. Look at the below news items related to fraud by Platino Classic Motors, Kochi

BMW Fraud Case: Poser to RTO on Action against Dealer

ACJM miffed with the probe into BMW fraud case
Old 13th January 2015, 20:34   #93
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaseenar View Post
I am in touch with Bmw, India and Hoping for a positive response from them.
Yaseenar,

Any update on the situation with the car?
Old 14th January 2015, 12:17   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isandy View Post
yaseenar - Any update from BMW on your issue?

Just to mention, I have seen your posting on your BMW car issue shared by multiple sources in Facebook through Rushlane link.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Yaseenar,

Any update on the situation with the car?
Yes, I got email from Bmw. The main points are below:

Quote:

- The dealer Platino Classic sold a new BMW 320d as per the standard terms of sale.

- You have highlighted paint quality issues on the front bumper and Alloy wheels.

You have got the matter to our attention nearly 6 months after securing the delivery of the car. In this case, please understand that we are at loss to establish if the Paint quality issue actually emanated at the dealer end.

Sir, BMW India is a wholesale company. Our reach is to ensure that the dealer delivers the car as per series standards or as specified by the customer. In this case, the dealer has actually delivered a new BMW 320d. We are not privy to the contract of sale that was entered between the buyer and the dealer and hence we cannot comment on the workings of the transaction. We therefore ask you to kindly take up the matter directly with BMW Dealer.

Regarding the paint defect, the dealer has extended a generous offer to not only repaint the front bumper but also attend to additional body and paint jobs that are required on the car. We find this offer from the dealer a comprehensive resolution to the matter at hand and would kindly ask you to evaluate this option.
In short, Bmw wants me to sort it out with the dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp View Post
I have an X1 which according to the vin number is a Oct 2011 vehicle but Navnit BMW Mumbai had given in writing (by email) that it is a 2012 vehicle while booking, and on receiving the RC card it really mentions 'Jan 2012' as the manufacturing year.

May be the vin number mentions the kit production date in Germany or there is something fishy by BMW India or the dealer that they are managing to manipulate the manufacturing year at the RTO.
As per email from the dealer these are the dates:
- Manufacturing date: 6th January 2014

- Invoice to Platino Classic: 9th January 2014

- Date of receipt in stock: 20th January 2014

- Booking date: 20th May 2014

- Invoice date: 31 May 2014

In RC too it is January 2014 but when you decode the VIN it is 9th October 2013. As you said, latter must be the Kit production date in Germany.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Seems like this is a con dealership with plenty of fraudulent cases against it. Why the dealership license has not been cancelled by BMW yet is beyond me.

Hope BMW India does the right thing and provides you with an actual brand new car for the money you paid for. Settling for just a repaint and wheel fix is like getting fooled the second time , so be strong and determined in getting what is fair or just drag them to court for what they're worth.
I would have dragged them to court if the car was in my name. My wife is pregnant and don't want to trouble her or her family so I am not considering it. My father-in-law was considering to see a senior advocate who has won many cases against Bmw but I stopped him.

So, finally when the dealer called me, I asked them to apologize to my father-in-law for two things:
- Selling a Display car without informing him (even if the car is brand new) and then later claiming that the buyer knew about it which is a BIG lie!
- During our talks they told me that they have given discounts which they cannot reveal to me. I had the Invoice and Booking form with me and it was clear that other than Rs.2 Lakh IMA member discount not even a single rupee was given as discount. So they lied again there.

Yesterday night the GM visited my father in law, expressed his apologies, told him that including him, all the staff at the dealer are new and is unaware of the dealing with us. GM apologized for what has happened and requested him to close this issue.

It is clear that the dealer has nothing else to offer. We had asked for a BSI extension not because we can't easily afford one but as a namesake compensation for their mistake.

My father-in-law called me and told me that they apologized and I replied to Bmw now to ask the dealer to collect the car.
yaseenar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2015, 10:05   #95
Senior - BHPian

So is this it? BMW raises their hands and tells their existing customer to sort out the issue with the dealer?

I had once written an email to Maruti (not the dealer) expressing my displeasure for a minor issue with my grandfather's Alto 800. By EOD my grandfather got a call from a service adviser (from the dealership) profusely apologizing for the same. The very next morning he came to our residence with a technician to sort out the issue. Maruti could have told me to visit a dealer and sort out the problem, but it is this kind of service that distinguishes Maruti from these callous brands. My respect for Maruti just grew.
S2!!! is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2015, 10:47   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Sometimes I think that how these brands made so much of a name with this kind of attitude towards their customers. May be they are riding on the fame they actually have in Europe and other developed nations where rather than manufacturer's 'will'; it is more of a 'law' to treat the customer right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
----Maruti could have told me to visit a dealer and sort out the problem, but it is this kind of service that distinguishes Maruti from these callous brands. My respect for Maruti just grew.
So, basically, it is Maruti which has spoilt us But literally, I too have very good experiences with Maruti where a complain once made a MASS call me, collect the car from my house, set the complain right and drop it back home. Even the insurance surveyor turned up at the MASS. This is what really distinguishes Maruti from others. Imagine a customer of 3-4 lacs hatchback gets this kind of treatment and on the other hand, people spending in north of 40-45 lacs are left at the dealer's 'charity'!
saket77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2015, 13:52   #97
BHPian

All companies take customers for a ride due to old and uneffective , long drawn legal process in India which all MNC's are misusing ,if this was the case in any european / US these companies would have have been stripped bare
rm_arjuna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2015, 11:10   #98
BHPian

So, we got the car back after the paint job and the issue has been resolved.

Thank you all for your advice and suggestions!

P.S: My father-in-law was given a John Cooper Works Key chain as a complimentary gift :P
Attached Thumbnails
Resolved: Platino Classic, Cochin sells me BMW 320D display car. Repainted, bumper swapped-imag0868.jpg  

yaseenar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2015, 12:54   #99
BANNED

Quote:
Good that the issue has been solved.

If you don't mind can you post a few pictures of the car with the newly painted panels?!

I mean like Before and After. Thanks.
Old 26th January 2015, 14:04   #100
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
P.S: My father-in-law was given a John Cooper Works Key chain as a complimentary gift :P
A Key Chain! Are you serious?

You should have given it back, asking them to keep it as a mascot, which can remind them not to do similar tricks with future customers.
vb-saan is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th January 2015, 15:36   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Who initiated the accord, BMW or Platino Classic?
Is there any non-disclosure consensus in the settlement or is it that, with the repainting everything is closed and the model month/year fiasco, remaining unresolved.

Last edited by rajeev k : 26th January 2015 at 15:42.
Old 27th January 2015, 08:27   #102
Senior - BHPian

They sure got a good customer and hence got lucky.
I really hope that if the entire team is new at Platina ( as they say), they better keep you and rest of the current owners happy if they want to keep the dealership.

Would also like to know the cases the advocate had won.
Old 27th January 2015, 10:18   #103
BHPian

Is this the way to settle such a cheating case? Can understand about your wife's condition and your unwillingness, but how can we make sure they don't do this in the future? This is not an Alto or Eon ,this car is worth couple of millions. I think at least a consumer court action would have been good .If these people can pull this off like this,other car dealers and manufacturers will be merry to make the best out of it.
There must be something better than a key chain.
An exemplary punishment should have been given ,since in a place like India , customers are not valued at all.
Old 27th January 2015, 10:44   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Good that the issue has been solved.

If you don't mind can you post a few pictures of the car with the newly painted panels?!

I mean like Before and After. Thanks.
Sure. I will take pictures and post them soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
A Key Chain! Are you serious?

You should have given it back, asking them to keep it as a mascot, which can remind them not to do similar tricks with future customers.
They gave it to my father-in-law when they met him to say sorry. I would not have accepted a key chain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Who initiated the accord, BMW or Platino Classic?
Is there any non-disclosure consensus in the settlement or is it that, with the repainting everything is closed and the model month/year fiasco, remaining unresolved.
I have written record(via email) from Bmw and Platino classic stating that the car is brand new with specific dates. If proven otherwise by anyone in the future then I can still go against them with evidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
They sure got a good customer and hence got lucky.
I really hope that if the entire team is new at Platina ( as they say), they better keep you and rest of the current owners happy if they want to keep the dealership.

Would also like to know the cases the advocate had won.
I will let you know in a week or so

Quote:
Originally Posted by commonman View Post
Is this the way to settle such a cheating case? Can understand about your wife's condition and your unwillingness, but how can we make sure they don't do this in the future? This is not an Alto or Eon ,this car is worth couple of millions. I think at least a consumer court action would have been good .If these people can pull this off like this,other car dealers and manufacturers will be merry to make the best out of it.
There must be something better than a key chain.
An exemplary punishment should have been given ,since in a place like India , customers are not valued at all.
Key chain obviously is not the solution. They have repainted the bumper,the alloys and also two minor scratches on the side.

Last edited by yaseenar : 27th January 2015 at 10:46.
Old 27th January 2015, 11:24   #105
BHPian

This apology should have been in writing, verbal apologies and settlements don't mean anything in such a big cheating case.

I also think that once you have accepted their verbal apologies, it's too late to ask for a written apology now.

Better you should Settle for free maintenance or similar free services which pose some financial burden on them.

Last edited by rev_rohit : 27th January 2015 at 11:29.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks