Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2017, 06:43   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Criminal malpractices at Volkswagen Downtown Service Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
... " - Maruti recommends changing steering column at 40000 Km & hence we're suggesting."
dont know whether to laugh or get angry with such a response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Through the years I learned that every service advisor working from Tata to Tesla, have a sales target on them.
Why only SA's ? Even doctors at hospitals have their sales targets !

For all that Tata has been vilified for, I still go back to TASS for servicing. Touchwood - I have not seen these problems, and hope things will continue. Knowing at least something about one's car, and building a relationship with your SA goes a long way.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2017, 12:15   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg25 View Post
I would love to hear some feed back and next steps that should be taken in this case from forum members here who may have faced such issues in the past.
As asked by others -

1) Were you given the damaged or worn out mounts? It is a practice for Skoda/VW to give you back the changed parts.

2) Was the rattling sound you heard the second time different? Or was it similar?
Old 6th February 2017, 12:21   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
As asked by others -

1) Were you given the damaged or worn out mounts? It is a practice for Skoda/VW to give you back the changed parts.

2) Was the rattling sound you heard the second time different? Or was it similar?

1. The worn out mounts were given back to me.
2. I am not quite sure if the rattling sound was different the second time around to my untrained ears.

Evidence of malpractice was certainly there as they has loosed both the front tyre nuts and marked the spots with yellow markers. They were very apologetic over the phone and clearly sounded guilty of the same.
Old 8th February 2017, 00:32   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg25 View Post
1. The worn out mounts were given back to me.
2. I am not quite sure if the rattling sound was different the second time around to my untrained ears.

Evidence of malpractice was certainly there as they has loosed both the front tyre nuts and marked the spots with yellow markers. They were very apologetic over the phone and clearly sounded guilty of the same.
Have you taken it up to the higher authorities at Shaman if not VW? Or are you not proceeding with further escalations? What are the resolutions?

The claims you made are not insignificant. I can't believe that you've caught this practice but there's been nothing more than just apologies verbally?

Also if this was the case - did you go back in person to the workshop and speak to a concerned authority apart from just the service tech's or did you just leave this at a phone conversation?

Other VW owners in Mumbai like myself will be concerned.
Old 21st February 2017, 09:01   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
dont know whether to laugh or get angry with such a response
I can understand; for me, at that point in time, I felt like I'm cheated outright, but was standing helpless. Through the years, I understood my driving style & how much each parts can withstand & how to respond when such statements are said.

Quote:
Why only SA's ? Even doctors at hospitals have their sales targets
Ahem!! greed & fear are 2 factors that will yield to anything; hospitals play with another emotion "love & affection"

Quote:
Knowing at least something about one's car, and building a relationship with your SA goes a long way.
This is THE KEY factor Nothing else matters

PS - Just observed your post & pardon the late response
Old 1st May 2017, 15:30   #21
BHPian

Re: Experiences with VW Downtown, Mumbai

My experience at VW dealer - Volkswagen Mangalore.
I have a Volkswagen Polo Trendline Diesel purchased in May 2017. Since there was no VW dealership in Mangalore at that time, I had to purchase the car from M/s. Elite Motors, Bangalore, who were the authorised dealers then. I had faced plenty of problems with the new car and had a very tough time in setting the problems right after several visits to the dealers workshop in Bangalore. The problem faced at that time has been discussed at length in the Team BHP Forum.
A few months later VW appointed Volkswagen Mangalore as their dealer for Mangalore area. I was taking my car to the workshop of this dealership for servicing and any repairs whenever required. After taking delivery of my car which was kept for a paid service at this workshop I found that the reverse sensor speaker was not working. This I came to know only after reaching home because I did not have to reverse the car at their workshop. I promptly called the Service Manager who attended my car and told him about the problem. He assured me that he would set it right whenever I brought the car to their workshop. A couple of weeks ago I got a call from the dealership requesting me to get my car to their workshop for some "Engine Software Updating" which had to be done "gratis" under emission norms violated by the Company.
I took my car to the workshop for the job to be done and also requested the very same Service Manager who had attended my car earlier to set right the reverse sensor speaker problem. In the evening when I reached the workshop to take delivery of my car, the Service Manager informed me that the speaker was not working and I have to get it repaired/replaced outside their workshop.
I brought this matter to the notice of VW persons who call from the company (presumably Pune) to enquire about my opinion of the service at the dealers workshop. I told them my bad experience with the workshop and they promised to look into the matter. A day later a person from the dealership calls me to find out details of my complaint. I told them the entire experience of mine and they promised to revert on talking to the Service Manager. Subsequently I get a call from the same person saying that this "accessory" is not from VW and they can't do a thing about it. (I am attaching a copy of the letter received from the Service Supervisor). I replied saying that this was fitted by the VW dealer in Bangalore as there was no dealership in Mangalore at that time. The real problem was that when I gave the car for servicing the reverse sensor speaker was working. Every time I keep the car at the workshop the Service Supervisor gives me a copy of small dents, scratches on the car and accessories in the car etc. If the reverse sensor speaker was not working he would have mentioned that as well. I feel the workshop is responsible for spoiling my reverse sensor speaker and they should either set it right or replace it at their cost.
The matter has dragged on for several days with VW sending mails to me assuring that their Mangalore Dealership will contact me and resolve the issue. But the Mangalore Dealership is absolving themselves of the responsibility in this matter.
It looks like I have to take up the matter very seriously with the Company as I had done after I took delivery of the car almost seven years ago.
Attached Thumbnails
Experiences with VW Downtown, Mumbai-20170418_175524.jpg  

Most Viewed