Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2015, 13:52   #61
BHPian

re: Avenue Nissan, Chennai damages 6-month old Sunny sent for service. EDIT: New Car replacement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
"I have left my car for 1st service on 27-May-2015, which was bought on 28-Nov-2014. It was just a 6 month old vehicle with 6000 KMs. It is almost brand new.

The incident happened on 06-June-2015, 10:00 Am. But it was not informed to me. I have not received verbal or written communication with regard to this at that time. A representative from Avenue Nissan, Ambattur has spoken to me at 8:00 PM on 6_June-0215, about minor damage on the bonnet and asked me to give 4 more days to repair the bonnet"
Sorry to see that picture and my heart goes out to your friend.

What was the reason to leave the car at service station for more than 10 days which is unusual for a first service?

What is the progress between your last post and now, was there a response from Nissan India yet, if yes was it positive?

Cheers!
Old 12th June 2015, 14:09   #62
BHPian

re: Avenue Nissan, Chennai damages 6-month old Sunny sent for service. EDIT: New Car replacement!

Quote:
Hi All,

This has happened to my friend Naresh Sridhar. As he is not part of Team BHP, I am posting on his behalf here for advice /suggestions from everyone.

It has been posted on Nissan's Facebook Page, but nothing has moved so far. Avenue Nissan is promising to bring the car to roadworthy condition with an insurance claim, but why does the Car owner need to claim insurance for Service Station's Mistake?

Please give suggestions.
It is very sad to hear that your friends car has been damaged but please don't accept a damaged car as it reduces the life of the car and also that in case of claim in his name then he would lose the no claim bonus and also have to pay a higher premium every year without a fault of his.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 12th June 2015 at 14:15. Reason: pls > please. Please avoid SMS lingo while posting on the forums. Thanks!
Old 12th June 2015, 14:54   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Well surprising as it may seem, dealers do refund taxi bills. My VW Polo was at an authorized dealer for repairs for 21 days and since they did not have a spare car, they compensated me with Rs. 1200 per day.
That's very surprising. What kind of repair was it? For how many days did they compensate you for?

Here in Chennai, Ford used to provide a spare car at best.
Old 12th June 2015, 15:00   #64
BHPian

Its disheartening to know how till the car is sold everything is so sweet but as soon as the customer faces any issue the dealership starts to show its true colors.

A new car is the only solution in this case. The dealership cannot handle complex repairs which will be needed to make the car "Road Worthy".

Straightaway file an FIR, hire a good lawyer and send a legal notice to the dealership. Explore all the legal options and keep on escalating the issue till it is sorted out to your satisfaction.
Ritesh_Dogar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2015, 15:19   #65
BHPian

Looking at the car if this was mine I would never go for repair. It was just 6 months old car and after so much repairs it will not be the same as new no matter how much they try. I would only be satisfied if the car is sent back to Nissan and the whole job is done at the factory itself.

I would advice your friend to first be strict at the dealership and ask for a "proper" solution.

Last edited by Hashim : 12th June 2015 at 15:20. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 12th June 2015, 16:32   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

This has happened to my friend Naresh Sridhar. As he is not part of Team BHP, I am posting on his behalf here for advice /suggestions from everyone.
From the current status next to joshguy, i believe that he is Banned in Teambhp. So we discussing at lengths on what action should be taken, as a community, we will never get to know the actual fate of this case
soumobakshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2015, 17:15   #67
Senior - BHPian

He got banned in the past two days?

If you see the first post, it says he left the car for service on the 27th of May and then, this damage seems to have hapenned on the 6th of June. Quite unusual for a 6 month car, that too for its first service to be at the centre for so long. While my heart goes out to the car owner for the damage the service centre has caused, why do i think there was some deeper problem to be fixed on the car, therefore keeping it at teh centre for an extended period of days.
Old 12th June 2015, 20:34   #68
BHPian

Slightly off-topic, I just want to understand what happens to your insurance policy/premium etc once you claim insurance?

I have always heard people saying that don't claim insurance if the cost of repair is less than 20k.

If this topic is already discussed at length somewhere, request anyone of you to please redirect me to it.
Old 12th June 2015, 20:55   #69
BHPian

I can't help but notice that the BHPian who has started this thread has been 'red carded'!!

The discussion is 60+ posts long already. How do we get to know what is actually happening??
Geo_Ipe is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2015, 00:56   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwatiS View Post

Slightly off-topic, I just want to understand what happens to your insurance policy/premium etc once you claim insurance?

I have always heard people saying that don't claim insurance if the cost of repair is less than 20k.

If this topic is already discussed at length somewhere, request anyone of you to please redirect me to it.
Hi,
The answer to your question is No Claim Bonus(NCB). As the name suggests, it's a perk offered by insurance companies during renewal to the insured for not making any claims during the insurance term. The cumulative nature of this concept helps in getting substantial discounts over a period of car ownership.
This is definitely , for further information refer to this NCB Link
Old 13th June 2015, 10:51   #71
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
He got banned in the past two days?

If you see the first post, it says he left the car for service on the 27th of May and then, this damage seems to have hapenned on the 6th of June. Quite unusual for a 6 month car
I had the same question posted to the OP in my very first reply, why was the car sitting in service center for almost 10 days for a first service?

Probably since he is banned, there is no reply for all the noise we make here. May be the mods can temporarily close this post until we hear back from the thread starter (once when he becomes eligible to do so).
Amarkarthi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2015, 16:07   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarkarthi View Post
Probably since he is banned, there is no reply for all the noise we make here. May be the mods can temporarily close this post until we hear back from the thread starter (once when he becomes eligible to do so).
There is probably no way to hear back from a BANNED member. Once banned, there is no re-entry. It is just a one way street that goes "Out".

Best to close this thread until some similar incident happens at the same dealer.

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 15th June 2015 at 16:13.
Old 16th June 2015, 10:36   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
That's very surprising. What kind of repair was it? For how many days did they compensate you for?

Here in Chennai, Ford used to provide a spare car at best.
Yes I was taken a back too; pleasantly though!

There was an issue with some bearing called the 'Deep Groove Ball Bearing' which was busted. Apparently it is not common for this part to fail so it took them time to source it. My car was handed over to them on 12th Jan 2015 and I receive my car back on 02nd Feb 2015. I was reimbursed my taxi fare of INR 1200 per day from 22nd Jan to 02nd Feb 2015. Moreover, the work was all done under warranty.

They did not have a spare car and hence this gesture.
Epic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2015, 09:03   #74
GTO
Team-BHP Support

*GOOD NEWS*

Thanks to Joshguy for the latest update!

Quote:
My friend has got confirmation from Nissan that they will replace it with a brand new car.
GTO is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 19th June 2015, 09:16   #75
Team-BHP Support

Re: Avenue Nissan, Chennai damages 6-month old Sunny sent for service. EDIT: New Car replacement!

Wonderful news!

I assume the dealership will pick up the tab for the new car.

In this case, can the dealership still the repair the car and sell it as pre-owned, certified?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks