IBP near Pride Honda Showroom on Jubliee Hills
Old 19th August 2009, 13:43   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
Quality bunks in your vicinity are

Shell in Gacibowli
IBP near Pride Honda Showroom on Jubliee Hills
I stopped using the IBP petrol pump near pride Honda 4 years back when my pulsar started behaving bad after a tankful.
Old 19th August 2009, 15:07   #48
Senior - BHPian

IMO , generally all the BP petrol pumps are good, I trust them. Have used shell just once in my bike, that too around a year back but have heard mostly good things about it. If prices are same then I would also prefer shell, But I tank up at BP outlet at Somjiguda(opp. NIMS), HP is pretty fair , but somehow I don't trust IOCL pumps.
Old 19th August 2009, 15:10   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
IMO , generally all the BP petrol pumps are good, I trust them. Have used shell just once in my bike, that too around a year back but have heard mostly good things about it. If prices are same then I would also prefer shell, But I tank up at BP outlet at Somjiguda(opp. NIMS), HP is pretty fair , but somehow I don't trust IOCL pumps.
I used to be a regular at the Shell bunk at Raj Bhavan Road till they stopped selling normal petrol last year. I then diverted to IOC at Somajiguda, opp Spar. I'm quite happy with them. This apart, I get turbo points on my Citibank IOC credit card----got Rs 1500 fuel free over the past year and a half.
Moshin Brothers BP bunk opp NIMS is also good, but not the IOC bunk near it.

@lonelyplanet & @Mrinalsinha---I think the IBP bunk near Pride Honda is now a company outlet for IOC.

Last edited by vnabhi : 19th August 2009 at 15:13.
Old 19th August 2009, 15:35   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I used to be a regular at the Shell bunk at Raj Bhavan Road till they stopped selling normal petrol last year. I then diverted to IOC at Somajiguda, opp Spar. I'm quite happy with them. This apart, I get turbo points on my Citibank IOC credit card----got Rs 1500 fuel free over the past year and a half.
Moshin Brothers BP bunk opp NIMS is also good, but not the IOC bunk near it.
Yes, Venu sir, Mohsin Brothers is where I tank up,I pay through my ICICI platinum card, so no surcharges for it. I do have citibank IOCL card too but have never used it at IOCL pump. I have also filled up from the IOCL pump opp. spar, but do they always give you a citibank chargeslip, if the petrol is good and if I can use my card, I wont mind going there??
Old 19th August 2009, 15:39   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, Venu sir, Mohsin Brothers is where I tank up,I pay through my ICICI platinum card, so no surcharges for it. I do have citibank IOCL card too but have never used it at IOCL pump. I have also filled up from the IOCL pump opp. spar, but do they always give you a citibank chargeslip, if the petrol is good and if I can use my card, I wont mind going there??
Yes, Full Moon IOC bunks gives out a Citibank charge slip. That is why I've been going there since Feb, 08, though Shell is nearer to my house.
Old 19th August 2009, 15:53   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Yes, Full Moon IOC bunks gives out a Citibank charge slip. That is why I've been going there since Feb, 08, though Shell is nearer to my house.
ok. will try going there next time.
Old 20th August 2009, 16:14   #53
BHPian

Really ? I have been filling petrol ONLY from IBP behind Pride Honda since I have got my new car (1.5months, 1.6K ODO). Is it really bad?. I went there when my friend recommended it.

I think I will try SHELL petrol next time.

Note: I know that Petrol pump in Madhapur(near Police station) is a big time cheater and have heard several first hand stories about how they manipulate fuel as well as furl meter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrinalSinha View Post
I stopped using the IBP petrol pump near pride Honda 4 years back when my pulsar started behaving bad after a tankful.
Old 21st August 2009, 12:32   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrinalSinha View Post
Like vnabhi mentioned this is a COCO pump and I have been using this for the last year and have had no problems.
Old 21st August 2009, 16:49   #55
BHPian

I just did a tank full from SHELL, Gachibowli. I too the normal petrol. The guys were very professional compared to other petrol pumps. I took the "normal" petrol at ~Rs.3/ltr more than what you get at IBP/HP/IOC.

I hope it would be worth the money :-)))
Old 26th August 2009, 12:40   #56
BHPian

9 months back I moved from Bangalore to Hyderabad. presently stay at Jubilee Hills.

Used to get filled at petrol pump near actor Balakrishna's house. last week filled 20ltr from that pump & might have travelled 100kms. my car(Ikon) started getting jerks while driving.
showed my car at a garage next to peddamma temple & they were clueless on this. Then gave to Fortune Ford, they took 2 days to check the damage, finally rectified.

Reason- Adultrated petrol (had a look at that, darker in colour & smell was different, as per the mechanics at ford, its worst petrol they have seen)

parts changed - Ignition coil(Rs4800), fuel sensor(Rs4800), fuel filter(Rs200)

Damage - Rs12500..

Now I might have to search for Shell pump near by..
Old 26th August 2009, 12:47   #57
Senior - BHPian

Sue the pump!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
9 months back I moved from Bangalore to Hyderabad. presently stay at Jubilee Hills.

Used to get filled at petrol pump near actor Balakrishna's house.
Reason- Adultrated petrol (had a look at that, darker in colour & smell was different, as per the mechanics at ford, its worst petrol they have seen)

parts changed - Ignition coil(Rs4800), fuel sensor(Rs4800), fuel filter(Rs200)

Damage - Rs12500..
Hi tiger, give us the name of the pump and company, so that all of us can avoid it. Is it not possible for you to claim the damages from the petrol pump.I know it will be very tough, but you can still do some tough talking if you have the fuel receipt with you.
Old 26th August 2009, 12:53   #58
BHPian

^^^ I wonder how bad fuel could damage the Ignition coil ?

Experts please pitch in.
Old 26th August 2009, 13:01   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbzire View Post
I just did a tank full from SHELL, Gachibowli. I too the normal petrol. The guys were very professional compared to other petrol pumps. I took the "normal" petrol at ~Rs.3/ltr more than what you get at IBP/HP/IOC.

I hope it would be worth the money :-)))

Same, here I either go to the Shell at Somajiguda or the one at Gachibowli and it is worth the extra rupee you shell out.

My Civic has been delivering close to 11+ kmpl more after using Shell. Earlier I used to get in the range of 9-10 kmpl, while my new 1 month old i10 sportz has been giving me an average of almost 14+ kmpl.

The customer service is far superior to any other outlets I have seen.
Old 26th August 2009, 13:20   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Hi tiger, give us the name of the pump and company, so that all of us can avoid it. Is it not possible for you to claim the damages from the petrol pump.I know it will be very tough, but you can still do some tough talking if you have the fuel receipt with you.
Since my company reimburses all vehicle bills, its not there with me now.
But still, I dont think we can do anything to these pumps as all these guys are backed by powerful people.

tomorrow will give the details of that pump. If you are coming from Film nagar, this pump is just before this food court(Mamu's, Movenpick, subway, etc are there)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks