Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2015, 10:42   #1
Senior - BHPian

Satyam Ford: New Ford dealership in Thane

Hello all,

Thane is set to have a new Ford dealership, Satyam Ford. Work is still in progress. I expect it to be operational in a month or so, just in time for Aspire launch. I have been seeing the work in progress for the last 3-4 weeks.

There are two locations, one is at Majiwada and another near Patlipada both facilities are on Ghodbunder Road. It is quite likely that one of them will be a showroom and other would be service center. Till date I have not seen any signs to determine which will be showroom, and which will be the service center.

Today, the Majiwada facility has got a signboard of Certified used cars as well.

Last edited by AkMar : 30th July 2015 at 10:47. Reason: Added a point
AkMar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 08:23   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Satyam Ford: New Ford dealership in Thane

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
There are two locations, one is at Majiwada and another near Patlipada both facilities are on Ghodbunder Road. It is quite likely that one of them will be a showroom and other would be service center.
Today, the Majiwada facility has got a signboard of Certified used cars as well.
Thats some good news for the Ford customers in Thane who otherwise were deprived of the services when Shreeji Ford was declared unauthorized by Ford. Where is Majiwada is the new facility coming up? Patlipada I know, its on the service lane at the start of the Patlipada flyover where earlier there was a buffalo shed.

It seems Shreeji Ford which was a part of Balaji group (which also owns Tata & Fiat dealership) are in the plans for acquiring GM dealership. Sorry for going OT.
Old 3rd August 2015, 11:04   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Where is Majiwada is the new facility coming up?
It is coming up on the corner of the turn to Pokhran road number 2 from Ghodbunder road.
Old 3rd August 2015, 11:09   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
It is coming up on the corner of the turn to Pokhran road number 2 from Ghodbunder road.
Is it at the same place as the earlier SC Chevrolet workshop? If yes, then where is the GM workshop moving to?
Old 3rd August 2015, 19:03   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is it at the same place as the earlier SC Chevrolet workshop? If yes, then where is the GM workshop moving to?
Honestly speaking, I am unaware of the location of SC Chevrolet workshop. However, I am attaching a screenshot of Google Maps to show the location. The facility is at the location circled in grey.
Attached Thumbnails
Satyam Ford: New Ford dealership in Thane-untitled.png  

AkMar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2015, 11:19   #6
Senior - BHPian

Patlipada facility is their showroom. It seemed to be opened today - in time for Aspire launch as I said earlier. I could spot an Ecosport and a white Aspire on display. Near the showroom entrance there was a banner announcing that bookings for Aspire are now open.
Old 31st August 2015, 15:40   #7
BHPian

Quote:
It is at the same place where earlier there was a used car showroom (I think sterling), just before taking a left turn for Oswal Park. Its a tiny showroom
Old 4th June 2016, 10:47   #8
BHPian

This service center is very good. I have giving my Figo for servicing on two occasions and I have been very satisfied. The service advisors are good and they do listen to the customers.

Location: https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/...2.969797?hl=en
Old 19th December 2016, 13:20   #9
BHPian

Hi
I have had numerous bad experiences here. The workmanship is shoddy and they are pretty much out to take you for a bad ride. They hand out appointments for a number of cars that they cannot service and deliver on time. Their technicians are not properly trained and mess up the work. But the management is worse and do not take responsibility for their mistake.
Case in point: my experience yesterday.
1. I ask for an appointment... and reach there before time at 11.30.
2. The work on the car actually starts only at 3 PM.
3. At 6 PM the service advisor asks if he can deliver the car a day later. I refuse. They finish half the work and bill me for the same. I dispute nothing except for a 700 rupee nut that they had broken due to improper removal practices which they finally do not charge me for. Final bill: 28.1 k for a new engine mount and 2 shock ups.
4. The technician does not fix the coolant reservoir cap properly and I miss it. The coolant boils over and is emptied on the way home.
5. The next day I ask them to fix it, or I would fix it myself if they are again going to charge me for their mistake. They ask me to come over by filling up with water in the meantime.
6. They decide to charge me for the coolant since the coolant I had been using was not the ford specified coolant. I leave without getting anything done.

Moral of the story: If the service center, through their own mistake, breaks anything that is not Ford standard, you pay for the replacement. My stereo isn't the standard Ford supplied one. So if their technician breaks my expensive Blaupunkt stereo, I should expect to replace it with a standard Ford stereo by paying for the same. If they break your non standard wiper blades, pay for the Ford supplied ones. How is this fair? This is nothing short of fraud... will not be going back to Satyam Ford again. Wasted one and a half day here and missed business meetings. Very bad business practices just to make a quick buck at the customer's expense.
Old 23rd December 2016, 13:16   #10
BHPian

UPDATE:

Escalated the matter to Ford India and got it fixed. Ford India was very helpful while the service center did not even apologise. They still tried to charge me for the fix (by first suggesting that I get some other parts replaced- which originally I had asked them to on day one but now I no longer wanted to get it done) and then building the job card to show that the fix was to be paid for by me (again! ). I asked them to clear it up before signing anything and suggested I would have a word with Ford India again if there was any confusion. Then they fixed it reluctantly. Overall, not a pleasant experience.

Navneet Motors (Maruti Suzuki SS) actually sends technicians to your place to fix up things they missed. Satyam Ford expects you to show up over and over and pay for their mistakes.
Old 29th July 2017, 16:43   #11
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Big thanks to Janak J for sharing!

Quote:
I would like to share some information regarding the closure of Ford's showroom on Ghodbunder road. It seems they have packed their bags overnight; since last week I have observed that there is no activity in the showroom. All the hoardings have been removed and no cars are parked in the service lane.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2017, 21:15   #12
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Big thanks to Janak J for sharing!
Janak sends in this followup email. Looks like they are back in business:

Quote:
The showroom has started working at the same place, seems like it was closed for some interior work.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 10:17   #13
Senior - BHPian

In other slightly off topic news, Ford has got another dealership in Runwal greens building, Mulund. The new showroom, Hare Krishna Ford, seems to be owned by the same group which has a Maruti Suzuki showroom a few hundred metres away. I feel this is good news for Ford owners along Central railway line as this showroom is backed by a group experienced in running car dealerships. Somehow it gives a feeling that it will be a more stable dealership (less chance of shutting down).
Old 10th March 2023, 11:00   #14

Hi,

I am planning to buy a 2nd hand Ford Ecosport and wanted a review on how is the service for Ford in Thane?

Any horror service related stories after Ford left India in 2022?
Old 10th March 2023, 15:57   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltrozGuy View Post
Hi,

I am planning to buy a 2nd hand Ford Ecosport and wanted a review on how is the service for Ford in Thane?

Any horror service related stories after Ford left India in 2022?
I am selling my EcoSport in Pune. Please PM me or send an email from Team-BHP.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks