Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2015, 12:12   #1

CarTrade.com Certified Cars - How reliable?

Hi,
I am looking at a used car through CarTrade.com and it mentions the said car as being CarTrade certified.

Has someone here the experience / knowledge on how reliable that is?

Thanks,
Anoop
Old 15th August 2015, 13:27   #2
BHPian

Buddy, do you really trust some random website to tell you how reliable a used car is?

Follow the team bhp checklist for buying a used car to the T, don't miss anything from it and you should be safe.

When it comes to buying cars, new or used, don't trust anyone else's opinion. Use the wealth of info available on team bhp to your advantage!
sourav9385 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th August 2015, 13:48   #3
Senior - BHPian

re: CarTrade.com Certified Cars - How reliable?

We have various stories with Mahindra First Choice, Maruti True Value, etc. so now we have dedicated thread for CarTrade ! Lets see the replies.

Now we have Carwale certified, Cardekho certified and Qukir certified used cars too !!!

Nowadays we have many options for certifications. Would like to read about those experiences too.

These certifications are to be taken with a heavy pinch of salt but they definitely add a feel good factor to the prospective victims err buyers.
Old 15th August 2015, 14:44   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: CarTrade.com Certified Cars - How reliable?

The only person who should certify the car is you - the one who's actually paying for it! Follow our used car checklist to the T and you'll be set - related link (ARTICLE: How to buy a *USED* Car in India). I speak as a happy owner of 5 pre-worshipped cars. In fact, from buying cars for 15 years, the only two lemons I've had were bought new (C180 & Indigo). The pre-owned cars performed flawlessly. All you have to do is take the right precautions (which are listed in our article).

That said, this kind of certification from well-known companies does add a layer of security to the deal. It's not a substitute for the background checking & professional evaluation you should get though.

Remember, you'll get bad cars at good dealers and good cars at bad dealers. Dealer inventory is a matter of luck. And it's not the dealer who is responsible for the car's condition - that would be the previous owner. Precisely why I won't blindly trust a car from a 'good dealer' and won't ignore a seemingly tight car from an 'unknown dealer'.

Last edited by GTO : 15th August 2015 at 14:46.
GTO is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 21:59   #5
BHPian

I recently saw the same car on 2 websites with different odometer readings. Car identified by registration number. On car trade and on a dealer website
fergus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2018, 10:18   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: CarTrade.com Certified Cars - How reliable?

Dropping a link to the fraud thread (CarTrade certified car turns out to be a flood-damaged, total loss vehicle - Now what?) so no one reading this thread misses it.

Please continue the discussion on the new thread.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed