Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2015, 13:47   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mercedes E-Class Accident: Unhappy with repair experience at T&T Motors

Estimate part is a standard procedure, they would put everything that they assume as damaged from the looks of it, and then the insurance agent would come for inspection and ask them to dismantle. Next would be the final negotiations and approval, which usually would be much lesser (amount). This is across brands and workshops.

From the looks of it your hood can be repaired and then they have to update if the aircon condenser and radiator needs replacement. Otherwise a bumper replacement along with some clamps and clips should suffice. Even the hood can actually be repaired if they have decent pulling equipment. But having said that, leave it to the dealer and they will rip the customer apart and push as much as nonsense as possible, especially since its an insurance claim.

What you have done is the right thing, escalate and try to be present when the actual survey negotiations happen so that the claim is limited to only essentials.

Hope this gets sorted out and you have your gleaming car back soon.

I am actually surprised for a merc the paint job plus bumper quotes are pretty reasonable.
Jaggu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 15:44   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I am actually surprised for a merc the paint job plus bumper quotes are pretty reasonable.
Labour is generally reasonable across brands as it is difficult to justify crazy hourly late even for a Mercedes dealer.

It is the parts that cost a bomb and I am sure will have a decent markup. What I have observed is OEM part retails at X, Mercedes puts its brand on it and sells it at 2X and then duties and dealer markup makes final cost 4X.

Take the headlamp of 2.7 lakhs incl vat (4000USD)
This genuine Mercedes part will sell in US online portal for half: 2000USD
The same OEM part say from Hella would cost in US: 1000USD.
androdev is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 17:58   #18
BHPian

I wanted to a buy a second hand E class.

The car was perfect. With only a broken rear view mirror.

When I enquired I found out that the mirror costs ₹65000. That was it.

I never looked back at the car again
ortho_surgeon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 22:34   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortho_surgeon View Post
I wanted to a buy a second hand E class.

The car was perfect. With only a broken rear view mirror.

When I enquired I found out that the mirror costs ₹65000. That was it.

I never looked back at the car again
Something like a Nissan Teana is what I always recommend to those looking for a large sedan to be pampered in. Sure it is a CBU but it is a mere D2 segment car and a Japanese one at that so maintaining one is still within reason
Old 19th August 2015, 22:59   #20
BHPian

It's pretty much a very similar situation in Mumbai. Autohangar and Shaman have more than enough cars too keep their workshops busy throughout the year. They don't really care about customer satisfaction. Whenever my car has gone for bodyshop work, I have always had to send it back because they mess up the paintwork everytime. Only recently, when I raised a complaint with mercedes (and refused to take my car back from them for a period of 2 weeks), did they do a good job. Their management practices is really not customer oriented. 2 days for a regular service, improper diagnosis, delayed bodyshop work (especially longer when insurance is involved)... pretty much the norm here.

Thanks,
Simple_car

Last edited by Simple_car : 19th August 2015 at 23:12.
Simple_car is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 23:55   #21
BHPian

Update on the car.
Took delivery earlier today at T&T's workshop in Okhla. Had the car polished, waxed and dry cleaned with a new coat of paint protection too. The hood and bumper alignment was slightly off but they fixed that well and promptly. I've said this before but T&T has some great people; their system, not so much. Everyone was polite, courteous and patient. The rest is history.

Here's what ended up getting changed:
-front bumper (complete plastic piece + 2 parking sensors)
-hood (denting wasn't working)
-radiator
-2 front crash members
-assorted related parts
TOTAL DAMAGE = 4.8 lakhs
I paid about 30k of which 10 was for consumables and 20 for pampering the car.

Note: The front right headlight had some scratches but no evident damage besides. I asked the workshop to test it for leakages and they did so twice, with nothing out of the ordinary to report. However we have a written understanding from the insurance company wherein the headlight will be replaced for free if problems arise later on.

So to end this story (hopefully), I'd just like to relay my learnings as a first-time luxury car owner: They're great, these things. But they're delicate, sensitive, finicky and skittish especially in India with all its unruly traffic and harsh conditions. I'd think a few times before buying one not just because of their effect on your bank account, but your daily life too. I'm lucky to have had a backup car or two because otherwise I would've been stranded without any transport for weeks thanks to one errant auto rickshaw guy.
Stigissimo is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 25th August 2015, 01:29   #22
BHPian

Due to unfortunate circumstances had to send our 1 week old C class for a bumper change.

T&T workshop in Gurgaon returned the car with scratches through the center console.

They responded by suggesting they will perform a 'special treatment' during the first service. They weren't sure what that treatment would be though.

Any suggestions what treatment this may be and if I should pursue this further ?
Attached Thumbnails
Mercedes E-Class Accident: Unhappy with repair experience at T&T Motors-imageuploadedbyteambhp1440445970.748292.jpg  

Mercedes E-Class Accident: Unhappy with repair experience at T&T Motors-imageuploadedbyteambhp1440446005.275914.jpg  

rohanGT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2015, 10:03   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanGT View Post

Any suggestions what treatment this may be and if I should pursue this further ?

The scratches are on the clearcoat, so most probably they will be doing a compounding (if the scratches are deep)+polishing and a waxing or a sealer. Better take it to a detailer, they will do a better job than the service center.

Last edited by ::CMS:: : 25th August 2015 at 10:09.
::CMS:: is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 13:52   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanGT View Post

Since you are in Delhi, contact Dazzle detailing on Facebook (Notorious on the forum). Their number is 0818465071. Yet to see a detailer better than him. He should be easily able to take care of this.

Disclaimer: Not commercially involved. Just mighty impressed with his work.

Rohan
Old 24th September 2015, 14:48   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple_car View Post
It's pretty much a very similar situation in Mumbai. Autohangar and Shaman have more than enough cars too keep their workshops busy throughout the year. They don't really care about customer satisfaction. Whenever my car has gone for bodyshop work, I have always had to send it back because they mess up the paintwork everytime. Only recently, when I raised a complaint with mercedes (and refused to take my car back from them for a period of 2 weeks), did they do a good job. Their management practices is really not customer oriented. 2 days for a regular service, improper diagnosis, delayed bodyshop work (especially longer when insurance is involved)... pretty much the norm here.

Thanks,
Simple_car
I've just had a terrible experience at metro motors Mumbai (auto hangar). Paid 28k for installing reverse parking sensors on my brand new c220 and what do I get?
- 3 days to install - ridiculous.
- botched up paint job with a scratch and a dent below and above the bumper - looks worse than what a local roadside mechanic would have done
And all of this after continuously chasing them for more than10 days to get this job done. Very unprofessional and poor service.

I'm planning to write to Mercedes India and Germany informing them about this unacceptable level of service

Last edited by shethsa : 24th September 2015 at 14:50.
shethsa is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks