Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2015, 04:17   #31
BHPian

Re: Support Rod falls on my new Kwid at Renault dealership!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pal View Post
Truly unfortunate incident for
1) Owner of a brand new car
2) Dealership
3) Parent company

I hope this post about a mishap with a new car does not blotch all the hard work of its engineers. Like the owner said in his earlier 'no one buy the kwid or cancel bookings' I mean why? The Nano suffered humongously with reports of it going up in flames, didnt it?

Thanks for reading. Best wishes for many long drives with your new car!
-
A friend of mine has cancelled his booking of the Kwid with the Coimbatore dealership yesterday, he currently owns a Duster.

He was unhappy about the waiting period and that he had to book the car before he got a test drive! Yes, no booking no test drive. Wow Renault.
This incident was the final nail in the coffin, he's booked a Baleno.

Last edited by coolkid : 6th November 2015 at 04:32.
Old 6th November 2015, 07:57   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkid View Post
and that he had to book the car before he got a test drive!
That is so outright weird. Why would they implement such a cannibalistic policy.
Old 6th November 2015, 08:10   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asingh1977 View Post
That is so outright weird. Why would they implement such a cannibalistic policy.

I don't know if it is only in Coimbatore or across the country, it radically redefines what a test drive is.
coolkid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2015, 08:32   #34
BHPian

Hi coolkid,

It's really sad to see this. Since its not yet been registered, you can ask for an exchange. You can go for a new one, at any point of time before the car is registered on you, you can ask for the new one. This can be done even if the insurance is already registered.

Cheers
Josh

Last edited by joshuakeys : 6th November 2015 at 08:44.
joshuakeys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2015, 08:38   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestarry View Post
---
It isnt a perfect world and it will never be; rants not withstanding. Get the tyres changed and the Kwid touched up and go on with your life. No one has died...yet !

Far poorer people than us have lost home, hearth, limb and dear ones and borne their loss with more fortitude.
---
However I look it, I fail to understand the logic in your post.

Guess you are lucky to have not encountered such, you will realize your skewed logic once you face one such incident!
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th November 2015, 09:42   #36
BHPian

Quote:
He was unhappy about the waiting period and that he had to book the car before he got a test drive! Yes, no booking no test drive. Wow Renault.
This incident was the final nail in the coffin.
This is unfair, a lot of unheard aspects of Renault are coming out in this thread. "Unfair practices by Renault India dealers" deserves a separate thread.

On the other hand, when your friend had a budget for Baleno, why did he go for Kwid at the first place?

Last edited by MunnabhaiMBBS : 6th November 2015 at 09:45.
MunnabhaiMBBS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2015, 09:50   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunnabhaiMBBS View Post
This is unfair, a lot of unheard aspects of Renault are coming out in this thread. "Unfair practices by Renault India dealers" deserves a separate thread.

On the other hand, when your friend had a budget for Baleno, why did he go for Kwid at the first place?

To understand that, you need to know Coimbatoreans better! Car lovers and irrational decision makers.
coolkid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2015, 10:10   #38
BHPian

Quote:
I met the ASM at noon,
After this post, you should definitely be changing your Display Picture!

Quote:
He's being followed by people from France and also the senior management team in India, I had sent an email to their top management across the globe.
Hope the ASM has not pulled a sting to pacify you!

Quote:
I left with a smile, thank you Renault.
However, you have done the right thing by escalating it. Now your next step would be to get a 100% satisfactory work done on Kwid. All the Best!
Old 6th November 2015, 10:53   #39
BHPian

Quote:

<SNIP/>

This is a new low for you Renault! ...

... He also mentioned that he would repair the Kwid and also compensate with ‘accessories’. He wants me to calm down! Seriously?
I went through all the posts, many are OK with the "Chalta Hai" and others like me don't want any compromise - a new car, nothing less!

I suggest you create a poll with 3 options:

1. Chalta Hai - OK, no big deal, I'll carry on with the dented car.
2. Don't know - middle of the road, whatever they decide is fine
3. New Car - nothing less with do

[I'd create the poll myself, but you have the context (unfortunately)]
Old 6th November 2015, 12:25   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Just goes to show that Renault may have the product to take the fight to Maruti's doorstep but their sales and service issues will drag the Kwid down.
Old 6th November 2015, 13:24   #41
BHPian

Quote:
I met the ASM at noon, he's very professional and acknowledged their shortcomings. He's being followed by people from France and also the senior management team in India, I had sent an email to their top management across the globe.

I was briefed on the challenges they are facing and the rate at which their network is expanding.

I was offered two new tyres for the Duster as the vehicles in the initial lot faced problems with the tyres and had it replaced. Plus I was also told all the other problems with my Duster overlooked by the dealership would be rectified, more of that on a separate thread.

And the Kwid would be restored to how it left their factory with specially trained body shop technicians available locally.....
Good to see Renault trying it's best to appease the customer. However are you sure Kwid can be restored with local technicians ?, and who would the local technicians? - the service center guys?
Old 6th November 2015, 15:48   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asingh1977 View Post
Probably, they follow "TD your own car" policy? When the manufacturer is struggling to keep up with the deliveries before they cancel it, can they afford to waste the cars for TD?
We should be happy they have some photos / videos of the car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunnabhaiMBBS View Post
Sure you must have seen someone in your circle, who initially wanted to go to a small car like Alto, finally ended up buying C1 sedans such as Dzire, Amaze? This happens after slightly extending the budget, and slightly allowing an increase in the EMI. Salesmen can talk better on how only on a few thousand rupees we can own a BIG car!
Old 6th November 2015, 16:35   #43
BHPian

Support Rod falls on my new Kwid at Renault dealership!

Mod note: please avoid Quoting entire large post for replies, affects readability. Thanks.
Quote:
Hello!

Things you must know before you start reading this thread:
====================

Attachment 1435422

Wow! It has been an eventful two days, to start off with I must say I'm very happy with how Renault has handled the situation and the solution provided.

1. I was assigned a Customer Relationship Manager who coordinated with the Area Service Manager for my dealership. Boy must I say the ASM is a very knowledgeable person and knows what he's doing.

2. It is sad how a window person of a company to the customer, the dealer in this case could damage the company's image. I could confirm from what I've seen that Renault is doing its homework right and is progressing in the right direction.

3. I took a look at both my cars and have been promised delivery tomorrow, I shall update the thread with pictures and detailed explanations on what was done once I get the delivery.
3a) The Kwid is out of the curing oven and is awaiting a teflon coat, the body work has been done without a snag. I'm glad I chose outback bronze as the paint difference if any would be hard to notice. There was an engineer sent in to help with the paint mixing.
3b) The Duster's awaiting new shoes and a truckload of other nagging issues since 2012 are being attended to.

I give full credit to Renault and its ASM to have attended to my problems and exceeded my expectations.

And to the dealership - I have lost faith in what I had for the dealer and I expect a slow and steady recovery to get back to how it was, all the best. You have a great leader, please follow.

Your dealer let you down Renault!

Kudos Renault! Customer satisfaction is a serious business.
I was also told any complaints marked to customer@renault.com would be attended to on top priority.

Thanks Team BHP and thank you Renault.

OT: Moderators it'd be great if this is amended to the OT. Thank you.

Last edited by Jaggu : 6th November 2015 at 16:51.
coolkid is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th November 2015, 17:44   #44
BHPian

Renault is pretty damn serious about customer satisfaction.
I wont be surprised if they are in top 3 of customer satisfaction survey some time soon. I posted in Quid test drive thread sometime back about my experience on contacting customer@renault.com regarding the issues i had faced.
you can read it here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3827854

What happened was very unfortunate, but good to know that Renault is adressing your issue

Last edited by i_see : 6th November 2015 at 17:48. Reason: adding information
i_see is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2015, 18:03   #45
Pal
BHPian

Quote:
..with I must say I'm very happy with how Renault has handled the situation and the solution provided.

3a) The Kwid is out of the curing oven and is awaiting a teflon coat, the body work has been done without a snag. I'm glad I chose outback bronze as the paint difference if any would be hard to notice. There was an engineer sent in to help with the paint mixing.
3b) The Duster's awaiting new shoes and a truckload of other nagging issues since 2012 are being attended to.

I give full credit to Renault and its ASM to have attended to my problems and exceeded my expectations.

Kudos Renault! Customer satisfaction is a serious business.

Thanks Team BHP and thank you Renault.
Reading those lines just brought a smile to my face! that's exactly I would have expected Renault to do after you highlighted here on TeamBHP!

This is what is needed from mfgs. No bending over the back tactics as in the long run it does not led to a healthy after sales scenario. Hope they make preventive actions at the dealership.

Cheers.

Last edited by Jaggu : 6th November 2015 at 18:16.
Pal is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed