Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2006, 15:05   #1
Senior - BHPian

Service Report - Green Tracks / Javali Motors, Bangalore - for Fiat Palio

After hearing lots of positive feedback about Green Tracks / Javali Motors, I decided to check it out myself and so did my 13000 Service at Green Tracks, Bangalore on Sep-9 (Sat):

10 AM: Thanks to the precise directions by Bijoy, could easily locate Green Tracks / Javali Motors @ Hosur Road.
Took the Car inside the Workshop & as soon as I opened the doors, a Service Advisor came towards me, forgot his name (he wears specs), I told him it is just the 13K Routine Service. So he starts filling in the Job card. Later, Mr.Prasad also joined him, He asked me any complaints? Only one - Rattling noise from the rear doors. Asked him not to change the Engine oil & Filter, since I had changed them just 4000kms back. Also, I had bought a copy of Service Checklist for 15000 kms. Gave it to him & told him just adhere to this checklist.
Asked him when I can collect the Car. He told me he will give me call at 4 PM and tell me the status.

The Workshop was quite spacious, neat & clean, one side was for Fiat cars & other side for other brands.
It looked like a decent well maintained Workshop.

Just then, a well dressed elderly gentlmen meets me, he was Mr. Kulkarni (Workshop Manager). A long conversation starts between us about Fiat India, Service issues, erstwhile Sundaram motors etc.....
He took me around the workshop, showed me the all the facilites, equipments, Paint booth, Spares room etc....
Took me to his cabin, asked me for a Tea, and the conversation continues....
Asked him specifically, whether Green Tracks is Fiat authorized Service center, he said currently it is not, it is a multi-brand S C, but they do Warranty service for Fiat Cars sold by Javali Motors, Bangalore and will do paid Service for all Fiat cars. He also said getting spares is not a problem, they get it from Javali, Hubli.

Finally, I leave the Workshop with much content, knowing that my baby is in safe hands.

Evening, waited for their call till 4:30 PM, no signs of any call, so I decided call them & check the status.
They told me my Car has gone for a Wash, will be ready by 5:30PM.
So I reach the Wokshop at 5:45 PM, one young guy (who had worked at Sundaram) forgot his name, he is the Service Incharge, told me that Car is being vacuum cleaned & will be ready in 10 mins.
Meanwhile, he showed me the Bill and the breakup.

General checkup: 150.00

Wheel Alignment: 250.00
Full Washing: 250.00
Four Wheel Brake cleaning: 300.00
Emission Test: 50.00

I guess the charges were reasonable, paid the amount & took the delivery.

The Car looked sparkling new, opened the bonnet & casually checked if everthing is fine.
I got inside, saw 2 - 3 streaks of grease on the seat covers (that was the only negative I found in their service).
Called the Service Incharge, showed him the same, told him next time they shud put some plastic or something before servicing the Car. He said than normally they do that, not sure how it happenend on my car....
He assured me he will remove & clean the Seat covers when I go next time.

Once I drove the Car, I could feel the difference, the Car was real smooth and pickup was much better.
It was fun to drive & rip the car now.
Also the rattling noise from the rear doors had reduced by 90%.

I will rate Green Tracks with 9/10, for their Professionalism and Quality of Service. No doubt, I will be going there henceforth....
Old 12th September 2006, 16:39   #2
DRC
BHPian

I thought you had already tried it out..
I just returned from Green tracks, I was there to introduce one of my friends there, who has a 2002 Palio 1.2. Saw a red PUG sticker there. Did you put that?

Am thinking why not a Team-bhp sticker, get some PR. what say mods?
Old 12th September 2006, 17:25   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hi DRC, Nope, this was the first time I went there for Service...
Yep, I had put the PUG sticker there....Cheers!
Old 12th September 2006, 17:28   #4
Senior - BHPian

Nice report there finney.

Your experience mirrors mine when I took my car there for its first service.

Lets hope they can keep up the good standards!
Old 12th September 2006, 23:33   #5
Senior - BHPian

The service charge looks to be very cheap. In Hyd, Anuroop charges Rs. 800 for wheel alignment.
Old 13th September 2006, 13:40   #6
BHPian

Yeah, this is definitely good news.

One question. Javali Motors have opened up showroom in Bangalore? Where is it? I do not see any in FIAT India website.
Old 13th September 2006, 14:57   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight
Yeah, this is definitely good news.

One question. Javali Motors have opened up showroom in Bangalore? Where is it? I do not see any in FIAT India website.
Though Jalavi Bangalore is not a official FIAT dealer, but they are authorized dealer/Service centre in Hubli.

Javali Bangalore Service is done at Hosur road, near Silk Board junction.( towards Electronic city).
Old 13th September 2006, 15:43   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatDrive
Javali Bangalore Service is done at Hosur road, near Silk Board junction.( towards Electronic city).
Thank you. No showroom?
Old 13th September 2006, 15:58   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. No showroom?
They do have a showroom with only deisel palios/petra on display.
Old 13th September 2006, 19:40   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
WhiteKnight, GreenTracks and Javali Motors showroom share the same premises. Javali Motors, Bangalore is only authorized to sell Fiat cars (mainly diesel). Green Tracks is not an authorized Service Center, but they take up Free (Warranty) Service on behalf of Javali, Hubli and they do paid service for all Fiat & non-Fiat Cars.
Old 13th September 2006, 21:19   #11
Team-BHP Support

This is great news. Had they done this couple of years back, I would have owned a Petra instead of Baleno. I decided against Petra mainly due to A.S.S in Bangalore. BTW, I think we do have a Team-BHPian here who is related to Javali Motor's owner.
Old 21st September 2006, 07:30   #12
Senior - BHPian

My service report:

I had my service booked on Monday, 18th of Sep. I had asked whether the pick up and drop service is available, but Mr. Santosh had let me know that they are facing shortage of drivers now but this will be resolved in time for my next service. So, I had to take it to the service station this time.

I was there dot at 9:30 despite of the ring road traffic. I drove directly into the service room where I met Mr. Santosh. I appraised him of all my issues, which were a few:
1. The left side bulb in the head light section had gone kaput.
2. Rattling from the rear.
3. A few other small niggles.

While I was having a chat with him, I got an oppurtunity to take a look at the service center. The dealership itself is very small compared to many others, but the service room is pretty neat. This is an all brand service station with a few bays reserved for Fiat cars. On the day I was there, there were a lot of Palios, around 40% of them, for service.

Mr. Santosh advised a full engine oil change and when he opened up the bonnet, he detected a minor oil leak there. He told me that the ignition coil needs to be replaced, for which I agreed. The rattling sound from behind was later attributed to the exhaust not being aligned properly.

Basically, this is what I was charged:

Labour:
------
Ignition coil replaced 180
Valve door basket replaced 180
Coolant replacement 180
Paid service 500
Wheel Balancing 200
Wheel brakes blown and cleaned 300
Silencer muffler aligned 100
------
------

Parts:
----

Fuel Filter 93.00
Engine Oil 421.33
Oil Filter 85.80
Valve door gasket 131.56
Wheel Weight 133.00
Coil "O" Ring 26.00
Coolant 209.00
Consumables 50.00
-------
Total 1149.69
-------
Sum Total: 2789.69 + VAT

The estimate that was given to me was 3500. Well within the estimate I should say. I had asked for a few more accessories and things like seat cover, etc, and I have not included their cost here.

The service quality is good. The car has been washed and cleaned thoroughly. There are no marks or stains anywhere and the job is professional. The plastics are cleaned good enough. Even the seat cover job is good. The rear rattling is taken care of. All the issues I had are being taken care of.

Since there was a failure of power supply on Monday, they could not do the wheel balancing job. I asked them to do it and I took delivery on Tuesday evening.

The only glitch I am seeing right now is that there is some moisture in the left headlight, where a bulb was replaced. I will wait for a few days and if the issue persists, I will call Mr. Santosh and let him know.

All in all, a thorough and a professional job. The staff is courteous and Mr. Santosh is a capable person who listens to you and will get things done according to your tastes. Will I give my car to Javali for servicing again? Yes.
Old 16th August 2007, 10:13   #13

Green Tracks - address

Hi, Could you give me driving directions for green tracks, i have just moved to bangalore from pune and would like my fiat palio 1.2 to be looked at

I will be driving down from the Mantri Sarovar HSR layout road and reach the Silk Board junction, with the silk board building i guess across the road on my right.

regards
Old 16th August 2007, 14:41   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul verma View Post
Hi, Could you give me driving directions for green tracks, i have just moved to bangalore from pune and would like my fiat palio 1.2 to be looked at

I will be driving down from the Mantri Sarovar HSR layout road and reach the Silk Board junction, with the silk board building i guess across the road on my right.

regards
No, Silk board bulding comes on the left. For Javali, you'll have to take left at silk board and reach Bommanahalli (Yes, sorry about that )then take a u turn, join service road (whenever possible) and just before reaching silk board you'll find Javali/Green Tracks on the left.
But I would suggest you to go to Hariprasad automobiles which is a bit far in comparison (directions to which has been given in another thread).
Old 16th August 2007, 14:54   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul verma View Post

regards
I would also not recommend Javali, If its general checkup or washing etc, better go to Tata's and if you want more specialized work, go to hariprasad as suggested by Siva.

cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks