Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2015, 09:36   #1
BHPian

Renault dealer (Nirmal Cars, Jaipur) crashes a month old Duster

Source
https://www.facebook.com/Thousandtho...e=3&permPage=1

Breach Of Trust By Renault.
Nov 4 at 9:12pm in Jaipur, India
NOTE: This post is in relations to what had happened with me ( founder of Thousand Thoughts ) and I thought of sharing this here just to spread a word because if this can happen with me, it can happen to you as well ( I hope you don't have to suffer with such incident. )
These huge companies do not bother to provide post sale services, once there product is sold, they think their responsibility is over, and we the customers have to suffer.

I request you to share this if you feel like supporting me to spread a word.

To,
Renault India

Subject: All New Renault Duster being badly damaged on first service and now they are denying to replace my brand new vehicle.

Registration Number: RJ 14 AC 2404
Date of purchase: 17th September 2015
Chassis Number: MEEHSRAW5F8095394

Service Complaint 4-01131859 [ ref:_00Db0cZvn._500b0Ras9F:ref ]

Dealer: Nirmal Cars Pvt. Ltd.
B-12 Malviya Nagar Ind. Area,
Malviya Nagar Jaipur - 302017 Renault Malviya Nagar

This is to bring your attention to this incident that happened with me on the 23rd Oct 2015, my newly bought #Duster being badly damaged while it was on servicing ( it was the very first service ) at the above mentioned address. The vehicle was so badly hit that even the airbags are out and the bumper got damaged, there may be other damages as this seems to be a severe accident but on my conversation with the dealer's staff they only tried to convince me that it was a minor accident that took place because of a MISTAKE ON PART OF their WELL TRAINED staff.

They might not have a better excuse than this I guess. The problem is that I have bought my vehicle a month back and spent rupee 12Lakhs approx, and it's understood what it takes to buy one for this much amount, that too when the buyer is a 24 year old guy spending out of his pocket. Moreover, there are emotions attached as it was my very first car.

Now, the thing is I've invested this much in my first car and they say
"Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you. We request you to treat this case as an exception and not a yardstick to the levels of service we strive to achieve."

Do you really think this is worth accepting, Renault asking for apologies will set off the losses I had incurred because of this, both financially and mentally? It's been 2 weeks and there is no concrete solution being discussed about. From Last 2 weeks I am travelling on Taxi and I don’t have other car , who will pay the business loss to me, is this the after sale service they praise about?
I've had it enough, over mails, telephonic and face-to-face meeting as well with the "GM Rajasthan, Renault India" and area Area Manager but the meeting ended with no solution. I doubt whether #Renault India is even aware of what their customer suffer from and treated like by the dealers?

I've explained my points well enough and asking for a replacement, which is not at all a big deal for Renault. I COULD NOT AFFORD TO TAKE AN ACCIDENTAL VEHICLE as my vehicle was merely a month old, and the mistake was on part of #renault so they should and they must bear. The dealer offered me to get my vehicle repaired, with no compensation for the damage done to the vehicle and to my own business routine. Moreover, an accidentally repaired vehicle will be an accidentally repaired vehicle, no matter they don't show this in records. Would you accept your brand new 12lakh car damaged by company, delivered after repairs? No, you can;t. Then why should I?

See, I am a consumer and I don't have millions to spend on a new car again and again, this time it's #renault next time it could be some other brand, so don't you think that I should not compromise on these terms?

It would be better to deal in a legal manner I believe, because seriously I had it enough. This will be intimated in next 2-3 days to the concerned deale and Renault IndiaIndia

and, kindly don't make that usual comment of your's asking for my number and getting in touch unless you can provide me with a solution because I already have wasted hell lot of time after #renault. So kindly comment only if you have a solution for me.

CarDekho CarWale ZigWheels.com Team-BHP.com Renault India Renault The Logical Indian Educate Inspire Change Consumer Court India Ranbir Kapoor Renault Fan Club Filmydrama Alternative Press Laughing Colours Navbharat Times Online Dainik Bhaskar Dainik Jagran NDTV Daily Bhaskar Aaj Tak Doordarshan National (DD1)

Rest, you know how powerful this social media is, specially these days. (Y)

Rohit Kumar.

Renault dealer (Nirmal Cars, Jaipur) crashes a month old Duster-2.jpg

Renault dealer (Nirmal Cars, Jaipur) crashes a month old Duster-1.jpg

Renault dealer (Nirmal Cars, Jaipur) crashes a month old Duster-3.jpg

Last edited by Jaggu : 11th November 2015 at 16:32. Reason: Edited the link to remove mobile version of FB
StepUP! is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th November 2015, 09:51   #2
BHPian

re: Renault dealer (Nirmal Cars, Jaipur) crashes a month old Duster

Sorry for the trouble you have been through.
I completely agree with you that the car has to be replaced. I guess this could have been handled at the dealer level itself as clearly its a dealer's fault. If the airbags have been deployed, its a serious crash for sure. I hope Renault will respond to your email and direct the dealer to do the replacement. If not, you need to fight it the hard way unfortunately!
Figopian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2015, 10:04   #3
BANNED

Sorry to hear your experience with Renault Service and pathetic attitude of the DEaler.

Do try to send a mail to customer@renault.com and hope they wi take stern action against dealer and initiate a replacement process.

If this does not work, then pm me and I'll share an email ID which worked for me but I can't share it in public domain.
micrographics is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2015, 10:19   #4
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 10th November 2015 at 12:22.
mvadg is offline   Received Infraction
Old 10th November 2015, 10:40   #5
Senior - BHPian

That seems to be a pretty bad damage with the airbags being deployed , must've been a bad front collision. How can they call this a minor damage - this isn't a paint scratch.

Accidental cars have less resale value, so even if they repair the car at their cost, you will stand to lose our during resale, so they need to compensate you for that as well if they're not willing to replace the car.
sdp1975 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2015, 11:07   #6
BHPian

My sympathies on the sad state of affairs at Renault!

Please don't waste any more time on niceties - initiate the process by sending a Legal Notice to the Head of Renault India, by name - copied to all Auto magazines and the social media!

The rest (logical conclusion) will follow
Old 10th November 2015, 11:22   #7
Senior - BHPian

Accidental vehicles fetch less in the used car market also the Duster's 3 star ncap rated safety cage, may be severely compromised in a crash of such severity. Even if Renault says they wont add it to the car's service records, that is fraudulent because as a used car buyer I would like to know what the car has been through and if I do my due diligence and even the company lies to me, I find that absolutely pathetic attitude. Renault better resolve such matters immediately
Old 10th November 2015, 11:26   #8
BHPian

Guys just to clarify, I have just shared the incident which took place with the person called Rohit Kumar. I am in no way involved or related to this.
Old 10th November 2015, 12:00   #9
BHPian

Irrespective what an accidental vehicle fetches on resale, that should not be the reason (prime) for a 1:1 replacement. The accident was caused by Renault on a vehicle, and they have to replace it. Heck, even if this was done on an aged vehicle (not that we should pray for this), Renault has to bear the consequences and replace. I am surprised at the lackluster attitude of Renault and the escalation level reaching forum levels. Which clearly shows the frustration and helplessness of the car owner, induced by Renault's post operative mechanism (s).

Sad.
asingh1977 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2015, 12:26   #10
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Renault dealer (Nirmal Cars, Jaipur) crashes a month old Duster

The 1st service at the one month mark is little more than a basic checkup. Honestly, there was no need for service personnel to even take a test-drive of the vehicle. Secondly, that is a severe crash. Prima facie, it sure doesn't look like a low speed accident.

Why should the owner have to suffer heartache? Service center goofed up, they should pay the price.

If I was the owner, I'd fight tooth & nail for a brand new car replacement. After all, it's just a month old car!
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th November 2015, 12:32   #11
Senior - BHPian

Much as I'd like to join the chorus, the fact is that dealers cannot replace every vehicle that has an accident. They simply cannot afford it. However, this case could have been handled much better with the dealer offering to repair it to the same levels as a new car, and offer an extended warranty of 3 years. In case there is any issues noticed in the vehicle as a result of the accident, then it should be replaced. Additionally, a token compensation should be extended to the consumer to make amends for the inconvenience caused.

Of course all this is assuming there is no structuring damage to the chassis or crumple zones that will impact the overall safety and reliability of the vehicle.
Lalvaz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2015, 12:48   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry, all I see is a mis-aligned bumper + scuff plate + the additional bullbar(?). Am I missing something?

While I feel they should replace the car (no doubt, its just one month old), I am not sure I can call this a serious crash or something. And if it was a serious crash, shouldn't both the airbags deploy? I see only driver side airbag is deployed here. The bumper is not even broken & calling it a serious crash is going overboard IMO.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 10th November 2015 at 12:53.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2015, 12:54   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post

Of course all this is assuming there is no structuring damage to the chassis or crumple zones that will impact the overall safety and reliability of the vehicle.
Who will check or confirm that ? If its the same dealer, they are anyway going to make the repairs off the books and say the car is fine.

Also if the owner shifts to a different city tomorrow, the damage will be discovered by another dealer. Since it is not on the records he will lose is entire warranty because it would be said that he has had it repaired from somewhere other than an authorized one.

My suggestion if you get it repaired, get it done on the record and a letter from the dealer mentioning the incident. You will not face warranty issues later.

Also in all probabilities, the vehicle was maybe given for a test drive to a potential customer.
Altocumulus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2015, 12:56   #14
Senior - BHPian

It doesn't really matter if the car is a month old or 5-10 years old. A crash is a heartache for the owner particularly if it is not his mistake. But I don't see the service center budging to the demand of replacing the car. I remember seeing a clause in Maruti's Service job card that stated something like- "the car is being handed over to the service center at owner's responsibility". I don't know if that clause still exist but that time I signed on the job card.
They may, at most, repair the car at their cost. My next car will be a Renault if they replace the car in this case.
Old 10th November 2015, 13:00   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Sorry, all I see is a mis-aligned bumper + scuff plate + the additional bullbar(?). Am I missing something?

While I feel they should replace the car (no doubt, its just one month old), I am not sure I can call this a serious crash or something. And if it was a serious crash, shouldn't both the airbags deploy? I see only driver side airbag is deployed here. The bumper is not even broken & calling it a serious crash is going overboard IMO.
The damage may not be 'major'(the degree of major is debatable), but the fact remains that it is on a month-old vehicle.

I for one, would not accept a scratch, leave alone a crash on a month-old vehicle!
cpbopanna is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks