Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2006, 19:04   #16
vRS
BHPian

The grapwine is that Skoda Auto is making some 'small' attempts to clean up the mess. Nummer Eins Service Centre at Kalachowki was closed down due to lack of facilities. But a lot more needs to be done.

Clearly even Maruti and Hyundai service centres are better than Skoda's. I think they have too many cars to handle and so are not bothered about satisfying the customer. One option would be for Skoda Auto to have more service centres - so that there is some competition. The existing service centres have so much work that they do not even have place to park cars within their premises and hence cars get parked on the roadside. Really pathetic.

With Skoda Auto's monopoly over the luxury diesel market going to end soon due to many new launches... it is evident that they will go down badly once this competition comes in. Customers will not be forgiving at a time when they need them.
Old 18th September 2006, 10:30   #17
BHPian

guys the best in customer servie is maruti, skoda, ford, gm are all wannabes, they can only sell they have no idea about customer satisfaction, Foer the record TAFE, Metro, Sundaram, India garage Mahindra, Mitsibishi, Ambassador are all owned by the same group
Old 18th September 2006, 11:14   #18
BHPian

Having gone through so much pain, i guess you should try using TOI/Economic Times - they both look for such stories to go after corporates and if published would bring a dramatic turnaround of the attitude of the TAFE and a good number of skoda owners would benefit from it.. If there are multiple such horror stories, it would be great to use the forum to compile them and send them in one lot and collectively we could bring pressure on Skoda to get their smirk of their faces and do something..
Old 18th September 2006, 11:28   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.prashanth
Foer the record TAFE, Metro, Sundaram, India garage Mahindra, Mitsibishi, Ambassador are all owned by the same group
Wrong

Tafe is owned by a tractor conglomorate. Dealership is a mere drop in the ocean.

Sundram is part of TVS ( only connection betwen the two is that the Tafe MD is married to Venu Srinivasan)

India Garage - is owned by the VST group as also Metro Ford
Old 21st September 2006, 20:31   #20
Senior - BHPian

ambassador is part of hinduja group and no where related to TVS
Old 4th October 2006, 00:29   #21

I advised a friend of mine to buy a Skoda. He promptly said no as TAFE service is not just poor but BAD !!! Now I see a example.
Old 4th October 2006, 18:25   #22
Senior - BHPian

Re-affirms my decision NEVER to buy a SKoda!1... SKoda-PODA!~!

I have gazzillion stories to add.. but most of it has already been discussed.. They get away with things because the layman is always reluctant to approach the courts considering how long it takes to resolve anything.. hope things change and our courts implement the old credo "Justice Delayed is Justice Denied" !!

Last edited by kb100 : 4th October 2006 at 18:29.
Old 4th October 2006, 18:51   #23
Senior - BHPian

"Justice Delayed is Justice Denied"

Right said kb100. Sometimes wonder if our system would even change in the next 100 years.
Old 4th October 2006, 19:49   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

btw, any updates on this thread ?? What happened finally ??
Old 10th October 2006, 11:59   #25
BHPian

The owner of the vehicle in question is in the process of filing a case against TAFE and I think SKODA as well.
Old 10th October 2006, 12:27   #26
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
One option would be for Skoda Auto to have more service centres - so that there is some competition.
I think that such terrible service at so many Skoda centers indicates one thing : Skoda does not care enough. If they were to inculcate dealership training programs, customer feedback ratings, strict satisfaction policies...then we would see something different at Skoda service stations.

They obviously need to learn a tremendous lot on tightening the rein on dealerships. Too much freedom to the institution that is your only interface with the customer is not a good thing.
Old 10th October 2006, 12:30   #27
Team-BHP Support

Just came across this thread and suffice to say I'm shocked! I can relate to Satya's initial shock at receiving the estimate. I had a mild heart attack when I got my estimate as well.

However, the work on my car was carried out to my satisfaction, and even 7 months after the repairs, when I had a problem with the bonnet, they replaced it without any problems (that they had no right giving me a shabby bonnet in the first place is no excuse!).

But your experience seems to be one of the worst I've come across (aside from the Tata Sumo episode). I do hope that you have kept detailed records of everything that has gone on, and make it a point now to have everything in writing and not verbal. Also do send all this to Skoda HQ in Aurangabad as well as to their Worldwide HQ and parent company VW as well.

Keep us updated on the progress.
Old 10th October 2006, 13:04   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vRS
Clearly even Maruti and Hyundai service centres are better than Skoda's.
vRS - MUL and Hyundadi are a different league and miles ahead of Skoda service.

Quote:
I think they have too many cars to handle and so are not bothered about satisfying the customer.
Then how do MUL and Hyundai do it ? Its the ATTITUDE that matters

Skoda better act and ACT NOW else they are going downhill soon
Old 31st October 2006, 01:44   #29
BHPian

skoda is now asking for applications for new dealerships in bangalore,
tafe acess was also into spare part distribution for tata in abig way but same anteccedents made tata to withdraw their authorisation and award it to someone else,
coming back i understand that the new appointment will also be a replacement to tafe,
anyone interested(with massive working capital and prime space can apply).
Old 3rd November 2006, 11:06   #30
BHPian

The monopoly that TAFE has in Bangalore (for Skoda) is partly to blame for the service mess. And the sheer number of Skodas in the last few years has made one service center just not adequate (there is a 3 week waiting queue for routine service!) . I thought the new facility will have a large workshop and parking area for vehicles but it is cramped for space as well (not to mention the awful location).

Just like Honda, if they have to launch Fabia, they have to open atleast one more dealership in b'lore. Then hopefully there will be some competition and result in better service.

I have had mixed experience with the service done by them. The first service was a bad experience. Not as bad as the one in this thread but in relative terms after having been used to Maruti service centers. The most recent one was pretty good. I had a minor body work to be done and initially the service manager (Mani) told me that I have to wait aleast for 10 days (being diwali holidays and with a huge backlog as well) before they can take up the job. I had gone for routine servicing and requested him to squeeze in the repair as well if possible. He said he can't promise. But to my surprise they called me later in the day and said they will do the job and the vehicle will be ready in 3 days. And they delivered to satisfaction (remember the expectations were low to begin with).

But I wouldn't expect a quick turnaround for anything more than minor dent work. Maruti can put the vehicle back on road within 10-15 days for the kind of damage mentioned in this thread but TAFE will take atleast a month or two (partly probably due to waiting period for spares).

All I can say is drive your Skoda carefully and be mentally prepared for a long wait if anything untoward happens (and have a spare second car). Not 6 months though. That is a bit too much.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks