Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2012, 17:01   #76

Re: TAFE Access (SKODA dealership) sucks

Thanks for the info, i was about to book from tafe. After going through wat people have been thru the dealership, i will never go there. Infact am scared to buy a skoda, i think ford classic is a better option compared to rapid.
Old 4th June 2013, 13:12   #77
BHPian

TAFE Access Bangalore- My experience with Skoda dealership post-accident

A couple of weeks ago I was driving to Chennai (as i regularly do) in my 2009 Skoda Laura TSi for a morning meeting. About 200 kms from Bangalore i swerved to avoid a senseless moped rider who decided to cross 4 lanes in order to take a u-turn. As the highway was empty i slammed my brakes and swerved, resulting in a 180 degree slide which i counter-steered to correct. Another 180 degrees and lost brakes later, i found myself with the rear half of the car lodged on the median and front half on the road, perpendicular to traffic. Luckily, no cars were ahead or behind me at the time of the crash and the moped rider of course sped off on his way to his next destination. The villagers on the scene quickly declared it was a miracle that i walked away scratchless (i agreed with them) and a few hours later i had towed the car to the Tafe workshop on Hosur Road in Bangalore. Insurance formalities were worked out over the phone while i was en route to the dealership and the requisite forms were provided by the friendly managers at Tafe. Bajaj Allianz have provided a pretty hassle-free experience thus far, with immediate inspections and approval for a cashless repair job.

This is where my problem has begun. Almost the entire rear suspension has to be replaced, and Tafe advised me on the spot that it would take 2 weeks for the job to be completed. It has now been close to 3 weeks and they are yet to receive a few more parts required. Im feeling helpless as they keep telling me that the factory hasnt got the parts in stock and neither do the other Skoda workshops in the region. I thus have no clue as to how long it will be before my car is returned, and no idea on how to expedite the process. Is it normal for even a factory to not have fundamental suspension parts in stock? Am i being jerked around? Help!
Old 4th June 2013, 14:32   #78
BHPian

Re: TAFE Access Bangalore- My experience with Skoda dealership post-accident

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirav View Post
This is where my problem has begun. Almost the entire rear suspension has to be replaced, and Tafe advised me on the spot that it would take 2 weeks for the job to be completed. It has now been close to 3 weeks and they are yet to receive a few more parts required. Im feeling helpless as they keep telling me that the factory hasnt got the parts in stock and neither do the other Skoda workshops in the region. I thus have no clue as to how long it will be before my car is returned, and no idea on how to expedite the process. Is it normal for even a factory to not have fundamental suspension parts in stock? Am i being jerked around? Help!
Yes, this sometimes happens. With my Hyundai Verna that had been in an accident, it took them around 45 days to source the parts and fix the car.

However I suggest that you escalate the matter from your SA/dealership to the next person following the correct hierarchical order.

Also, one question: Does your car not have ABS?
Old 4th June 2013, 14:54   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEye View Post

Also, one question: Does your car not have ABS?
Of course the ABS and ESP were both on- the slide happened because i was sideways and i think the brakes went through after 2 rotations due to overheating- i think i would have to let go of the pedal and then reapply to re-use...
Old 4th June 2013, 15:28   #80
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It has now been close to 3 weeks and they are yet to receive a few more parts required. Im feeling helpless as they keep telling me that the factory hasnt got the parts in stock and neither do the other Skoda workshops in the region. I thus have no clue as to how long it will be before my car is returned, and no idea on how to expedite the process. Is it normal for even a factory to not have fundamental suspension parts in stock? Am i being jerked around? Help!
Probably it’s worth checking with other Skoda Service centers in Bangalore. Maybe some Bangalore BHPians (Skoda owners) will be able to help you to connect with the relevant person.

Quote:
Of course the ABS and ESP were both on- the slide happened because i was sideways and i think the brakes went through after 2 rotations due to overheating- i think i would have to let go of the pedal and then reapply to re-use...
I am quite sure that Laura TSI does not have ESP. I think you are referring to TCS.
Old 4th June 2013, 15:31   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I am quite sure that Laura TSI does not have ESP. I think you are referring to TCS.
Yes i was referring to traction control sorry!
nirav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2013, 12:55   #82
BHPian

My Experience with the Skoda Dealership post-accident (TAFE Access Bangalore)

So the saga is over! After 4 weeks, the required part (left rear lower arm) was sent from Aurungabad to TAFE at Hosur Road, Bangalore. The team at TAFE subsequently finished all repairs and had the car ready for delivery within a day of receiving the part. I must say overall i was quite pleasantly surprised at the level of care and attention i received throughout the repair period- regular calls and emails, status updates, etc. Big thanks to TAFE and the team (Navin, Sanjeev, Manjunath) for this.

Last edited by nirav : 26th June 2013 at 12:57. Reason: Wrong title
Old 17th December 2016, 10:01   #83
Team-BHP Support

Re: TAFE Access (SKODA dealership) sucks

Looks like the Singasandra showroom will be demolished this coming week
http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...ion-drive.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks