Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2008, 13:06   #16
BANNED

1. Am I a VIP?
  2. Can I pull a string or two and make the service center bend on knees?
  • If your answer is yes to both these questions, then Skoda is for you.
  • If you answer yes to one of them, you can consider Skoda.
  • If your answer is no to both of them, then Skoda is not for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
I am extremely curious to find out more about the thought process of people owning and maintening a Skoda.
Old 30th April 2008, 13:31   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Holy crap! Is this what you expect when you spend 15 - 20 lakh rupees on a car? Shame on Nummer Eins.

But I have something to recommend, not to the dealer, but to Skoda India. When the heck are they going to wake up and smell the coffee? What their dealers, evidently need, is an iron-fisted approach. Serve the customer or perish. Monitor service performance, implement training exercises, adopt disciplinary procedures when a complaint comes in etc. etc. Skoda needs to realise that they need to serve their 15 lakh rupee customer *atleast* as well as Maruti / Hyundai do their 4 lakh rupee hatchback buyers.

So many BHPians have backed out of buying a Skoda due to the horrible service support already, how many more to come? I am left absolutely disgusted upon reading about this incident.
Old 30th April 2008, 14:55   #18
Senior - BHPian

So goutham guess you changed your service center??
Old 30th April 2008, 15:07   #19
Senior - BHPian

Long time back Maddy. I prefer going to JMD. Check out my review on JMD here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-stations.html
Old 9th June 2008, 18:53   #20

Just Beware of Nummer Eins

Nummer Eins is the Mumbai's No. 1 dealer for fake spares of Skoda. This had been happening from last several years under the watchful eyes of Skoda management. Even after several complaints from car owners to Skoda, no action has been taken on Nummer Eins....Why?? Is Nummer Eins tooo big or powerful for even Skoda??? This can happen only with the blessings of some top guy at Skoda or the dealers political connections.

Nummer Eins replaces even critical & life saving parts in Skoda cars with fake / spurious ones. Can you belive it?? If you have ever gone near Nummer Eins with your Skoda car....please get the same checked with some other dealer or any good mechanic.....and I am sure you will find several parts which are fake and which were billed to you as original or swapped without your knowledge, when you left your car there for service repairs.

Awiaiting to hear from you guys.......
Old 20th July 2008, 15:52   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Well,

Nummer Eins does it again.

Quoted from Mid-Day dated 29th April 2008.

The article is here - Mid-Day - Article
Continuing from this post - Mr Harish Kanchan is still fighting the battle against Skoda. Am attaching a few clipping from the newspapers - it is apparent that Skoda is still not doing anything or is it ?
Attached Files
File Type: doc maharashtra times.doc (852.0 KB, 574 views)
File Type: doc navbharat times.doc (425.0 KB, 421 views)
File Type: doc times of india.doc (332.0 KB, 523 views)
Old 6th September 2008, 20:07   #22
BHPian

skoda shuts down nummer eins

05/09/08 times of india pg 25. skoda terminates dealership of nummer eins

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Friends,

What I am amused at is - how can you guys take all the Skoda attitude so lightly!

I have been reading all the Skoda related threads for a long time and not a single customer seems to have the real urge or resolve to straighten things up with Skoda!!!

You guys seem to be extremely rich (too rich to take a Rs.10 to 16 lacks car too seriously) and Skoda seems to have observed this and they are making merry...

Of all the Skodas running on the Indian roads, majority carry a VIP or special number plate while very few have the regular numbers!!! The ratio is exactly opposite in case of Honda....speaks a lot about the kind of customer base both the companies have (in spite of the fact that both are considered up-market brands in India) and to me seems directly proportional to the quality and attitude of the service offered by the two...

I am extremely curious to find out more about the thought process of people owning and maintening a Skoda.

No offence meant to anyone.
Old 6th September 2008, 20:47   #23
Senior - BHPian

After going this thread, I feel this should have been done much more earlier than now. Anyways, I think it might be a big relief to the people of Mumbai (who are owning Skoda cars) by closing this dealership.

I read in one more thread today that skoda is planning to launch around 8 models by 2013. If these were the dealerships, then they would'nt have sold which ever the models they have currently leave alone the newer models.
Old 6th September 2008, 20:53   #24
BHPian

Yes feel's very good that skoda terminates dealership of nummer eins.

I'm very late to write about NUMMER EINS but i onced worked for numer eins TVS which was owned buy the same person who own's the nummer eins skods his name is SHIMPU VIJAN and i have seen the guys replaceing some part's of a good skoda with the parts of SHIMPU'S car he also has a ivory white colour skoda shame on him. He lost the TVS dealership and i think he also had a
M n M dealership which was also lost and now SKODA
Old 7th September 2008, 20:09   #25
BHPian

Good riddance from bad rubbish, I say. However it is not that simple for Skoda. When you have one or two bad dealerships, those are bad apples. But when a majority of your dealerships suck, you are sitting on a cultural problem....an issue much larger. Skoda is gonna have to rethink its customer service strategy, heck I don't think they had any in the first place.

A competent dealership management cell, one company executive placed at each dealership and comprehensive / consistent dealer training is in order. Such an exercise requires a high level of commitment. Question is, does Skoda have it?
Old 20th September 2008, 16:24   #26
Senior - BHPian

Harish Kanchan has won the case against Skoda and Nummer Eins. The report was in yesterday's Mid-Day or Mumbai Mirror.
Old 20th September 2008, 17:19   #27
BHPian

What kind of business practice the Skoda Cars dealership owner is into?? Is it the way to earn lots of quick bucks and risk the lives of so many people who give their precious Skoda Cars for service?? First(as per previous post) the TVS dealership, then the M&M dealership and now the Skoda dealership which is been terminated. The owner of Nummer Eins should be put behind bars for such fraudulent activities.
Old 20th September 2008, 17:35   #28
Senior - BHPian

Car is real, parts are not

Link to the article about fake parts substitution by Nummer Eins.

Most Viewed