Team-BHP - Booked Skoda, paid in full, showroom shut down! Now what?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Car Dealerships (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/)
-   -   Booked Skoda, paid in full, showroom shut down! Now what? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/170595-booked-skoda-paid-full-showroom-shut-down-now-what-4.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by i74js (Post 3858723)
Any updates from Skoda or the dealership ! Its amazing to see there is no end of tunnel for customers.

I remember Mr. Mahindra once said in his speech that the customer experience starts from the time of entering into the showroom; here it seems that the customer experience has ended at the showroom.

Since the money has been transferred into the beneficiary account by the bank, can one not reach out to RBI banking ombudsman? at the end of the day it is case of cheating and promised goods are not provided after completing the transaction? I think something will move - I am aware of my experience with Amex, when goods were not received while payment was made through card and based on my complaint (an international travel agency for Christmas / new year holidays), the money was reversed and Amex advised the merchant to prove that delivery has been made which didn't happen and I was saved from financial loss. The most important thing was that money was reversed right when I was on the call with Amex and it was reasonable amount (close to one and half lacs).

Payment through credit cards is always safer than debit cards as your money is not on the line. You raise a dispute with the credit card issuing institution and they block the payment to the seller so you are in a better position to bargain. With debit cards and other modes its your money that is already gone and to get it back is a big and mostly drawn out battle.
Also dealers are afraid to have their transaction on a credit card blocked by a customer (personal experience with a tata sky dealer in Delhi). Seems there are some penalties???

Quote:

Originally Posted by risham (Post 3858921)
Also dealers are afraid to have their transaction on a credit card blocked by a customer (personal experience with a tata sky dealer in Delhi). Seems there are some penalties???

There is no penalty. But if a customer raises a dispute, the onus of providing 'proof of purchase' is with the seller. His money is blocked (or not given by the bank) until he has proved that the sale is done. More paper work and more delay in getting the money.

Quote:

Originally Posted by risham (Post 3858921)
Payment through credit cards is always safer than debit cards as your money is not on the line. You raise a dispute with the credit card issuing institution and they block the payment to the seller so you are in a better position to bargain. With debit cards and other modes its your money that is already gone and to get it back is a big and mostly drawn out battle.

No in this case the dispute was raised in the subsequent payment cycle. Thus in all probability the merchant has received the payment. I received hotel confirmations but the air tickets were not issued and thus for me partial service delivery made no sense if I cannot reach destination. Yes I do agree that Credit cards provide you some bargain power but in this case again transaction has been completed through banking channels and not in cash; there is a clear trail of payment without receipt of goods. This is a case of banking fraud and should be escalated. The participating banks should respond. :)

In US, I have had a different experience, wherein the product purchased through a store was faulty (no online transaction, case of physical purchase). The warranty was not honored by the store. Again since the product was purchased through Amex; I was given complete refund and the faulty product was picked up by Amex. Not sure if this kind of thing will ever happen in India, yet in more mature markets, a transaction means product with service and not just product alone.

In this case, bank though verbally confirmed that there have been few other issues with the same dealer and this is not an isolated instance, should result in some kind of action. I would strongly advocate reaching out to bank in parallel with complaint in writing and then proceed with escalation as per their citizen charter.

Another blog that stinks this dealer - http://skodanegativereviews.blogspot...ri-mumbai.html

Excerpt from the site: "BUYER BEWARE!! Today I am writing this post with great disappointment towards this brand and the associated people who are making things worse day by day.
I had booked a Skoda superb from Senator Motors Pvt. Ltd. (Goregaon west) on 15th May, 2015. I was assured a delivery date of 1st July 2015. I paid the full amount for the car at booking and yet the car was not delivered on time.
I coordinated with the dealer several times regarding delivery of my car, I was only given back to back assurances and promises.
Finally I requested for cancellation on Aug 3rd 2015 and sought to get the payment back. After much hardship and back to back calls I received my cheque From Senator Motors.
Thinking that my problems were finally over I got the shocker of my life, when the cheque got dishonored due to insufficient funds.
I had addressed the same issue with Skoda India customer care on August 4th 2015. My issue has not been resolved yet and as of today August 25th 2015 I have no car and left with a dishonored cheque.
I am not sure when this ordeal will be over? My anxiety and disappointment is growing day by day. I am surprised to come across several forums which are filled with negative reviews about Skoda and their dealers.
Request everyone to make wise decisions before buying cars from Senator Motors."

Very serious concern. A close friend of mine had booked Skoda Octavia Ambition 1.4 Petrol on 7 July with Senator Motors, Chandivali. On request of dealer, paid entire 19.34L on Aug 27, 2015. Delivery was expected by Sept 10. No car received. Finally cancelled booking on October 8, 2015. Continuous follow-up. False promises from dealership to return money. Now even after almost 2 months, no money received. Noone responding to their mails. Skoda on facebook giving standard response that they are "investigating" for last 3 weeks, without even calling up to find out what the problem is or citing any timeline.

This is quite concerning and absolutely customer unfriendly.

Realised that within TBHP others are also facing similar issues. It maybe a good idea to join hands and take this up collectively to make the case stronger. pl inbox me your contact details or lets decide a joint plan of action. We collectively can possibly take it up in the right way and to the just conclusion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icarus_Deft (Post 3859654)
It maybe a good idea to join hands and take this up collectively to make the case stronger. pl inbox me your contact details or lets decide a joint plan of action. We collectively can possibly take it up in the right way and to the just conclusion.

Sorry to hear that buddy, I am going to PM you some details. Better the way you suggested.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gabrielthomas (Post 3859549)
Another blog that stinks this dealer - http://skodanegativereviews.blogspot...ri-mumbai.html

The gentleman's name is Yogesh and the same was reported on Carwale forum. The poor guy had booked the Superb; so I can only imagine the amount at stake then.

To update the forum, the relative had chosen the option to get the refund processed. Progress on the front has been expectedly slow, he has now got two post-dated cheques. Eerily similar to the aforementioned case, I have updated them of a similar case being re-enacted. Let's hope that it doesn't, and some of these guys are put out of their miseries.

Talking of miseries, glad to report that Skoda, after their initial call has not followed up nor have their 'concerned' department shown much of their concern. Wondering why I am glad? Oh well!! Cheers.

Pathetic! Is the situation of Skoda right now. And these Europeans consider our market as 'tough to crack', what kind of rocket science is required to give good after sales experience to their customer. Why can't Skoda find some normal people to do business with?. I own a Skoda fabia, showroom in my state has also closed down and now I am left with a very fantastic but complex car( which no mechanic wants to touch) and no service support.

I think what this dealer has done is a crime, in addition to filing FIR, filing a case in the consumer court should also be considered. Problem in our country is that, thugs like this dealer are always in the look out of gullible people to extort money, and they are not scared of law either. Most often they manage their way either by using their links or paying bribes.

Little off topic: I am currently facing a similar situation, where I had bought a flat from a reputed builder with the promise of delivery in 2010, its 2015 now, I have paid full amount, I have bank loan on which I am paying instalments and interest and that promised delivery is no where in sight. We have approached every body, police, crime branch, courts, problem is where ever we go, authorities are bought and told to stay quiet. Our so called 'consumer right' are only on paper.

If only thugs like these are caught and given severe punishments(fines, jail terms), then only it will serve as a example to all the others to stop duping and taking customers for a ride.

Skoda India has emailed the following statement.

Quote:

Dear Team-BHP forum members.

This is to inform you that Senator Motors is no longer an authorized SKODA Dealership. With regards to each of your concerns, we will extend our support to each one of you.

We will try to ensure that Senator Motors either delivers your car or returns your payment before 10th December 2015. In the meantime, our customer care team will be in touch with you to resolve any issue.

SKODA India spokesperson

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 3860103)

Quote:

Dear Team-BHP forum members.

This is to inform you that Senator Motors is no longer an authorized SKODA Dealership. With regards to each of your concerns, we will extend our support to each one of you.

We will try to ensure that Senator Motors either delivers your car or returns your payment before 10th December 2015. In the meantime, our customer care team will be in touch with you to resolve any issue.

SKODA India spokesperson
If I was the person writing/approving or clearing this statement, I would DELETE "try to" from the last paragraph completely.

So much for giving confidence to aggrieved :Frustrati

Quote:

GTO - did you write to SKODA or was it a pro-active(i know this wont be the case) email from them ?

Quote:

Any way to confirm since when Senator Motors is NOT a dealer? Also would be good to know if there were/ are any press releases to this effect to alert the public?

Hardly a handful would search online about reviews on any car dealer(s) before plonking down their money for booking a relatively well-known brand. Hence print media is still the way to alert the majority of the unsuspecting public.

Appreciation for when it's due. The statement issued by Skoda does encourage the aggrieved and the scores of people trapped in this fiasco with a glimmer of hope.

I wouldn't assume it to be too difficult for the company to return the money from the security deposit or deliver the car from its JMD dealership here in the city. (Autobahn? No thanks, due to the close nexus with Senator).

I suggest we share this piece of information with as many people as we can, so that any other aggrieved party not having access to our forum may also be benefitted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaileshHinge (Post 3860112)
GTO - did you write to SKODA or was it a pro-active(i know this wont be the case) email from them ?

It was pro-active on their part.

Finally Skoda comes out with s public notice disowning Senator Motors. Too late, IMHO.
Booked Skoda, paid in full, showroom shut down! Now what?-imageuploadedbyteambhp1449712913.939977.jpg

Quote:

Did Skoda resolve the issue? Curious to know whether they were able to keep the promise?