Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2015, 14:28   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Booked Skoda, paid in full, showroom shut down! Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by methecupid View Post
Toilet paper anyone?
1. Dude... Have both cheques bounced.
2. Consult a good (when I mean good, I mean evil) lawyer.
3. Do the proper legal process, spend a little money and you can possibly get a warrant against the directors of the dealership.

http://www.indialegalhelp.com/files/...uebouncing.pdf
Old 16th December 2015, 19:12   #77
BHPian

I too was keen on a Skoda Rapid soon. Shame about the company being run by incompetent buffoons and thug dealers. Their products are definitely awesome. ICICI bank is the worst - they sanctioned the loan despite knowing this problem? Anyhow, my wishes to the aggrieved party.
Old 17th December 2015, 17:08   #78
BHPian

I have a request and suggestion to the aggrieved parties to do only the two following things with immediate effect:
a) Immediately file a case for the twice bounced cheque under the negotiable Instruments Act without further delay.
b) Hire a few people and make them stand outside the other dealerships belonging to this dealer informing other prospective customers who come there about their misdeeds.

For sure they will respond to these both actions, in the first they will be compelled to reply and law will take it's own course and in the second they might do some arm twisting to remove the people from there but it will highlight the incident and then just put it on the net.
There are some other customers who have suffered earlier due to their arrogant approach.
Old 21st December 2015, 04:36   #79
BHPian

Such an unfortunate event this is. I hope Skoda rectifies the same as soon as possible.
We own a VW Vento from World Class Automobiles, New Delhi and *touchwood* have never had a problem with them. From the delivery of the car to the service of the car, all have been pretty satisfying.
Skoda really needs to watch over its dealers and A.S.S. or else they are only going to improve their negative points. Have heard ill things for Skoda dealers frequently these days.
Old 26th December 2015, 09:02   #80
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Jaynesh Jain is in the same predicament. He has provided documentary evidence of the payments too.

Was given a 2013 test-drive vehicle as a stop-gap until his new car is ready for delivery. In the meantime, as we all know, the dealership shut down!

They run www.veerayatan.org. Ripping off an individual is bad enough - but stealing from an organisation that is contributing to society stings a little bit more.

Quote:
SKODA FRAUD : DEALER SENATOR MOTORS

We booked a Skoda Rapid from the Goregaon showroom of Senator motors, Mumbai. Car was booked in the name of VEERAYATAN. Outright cheque was given to Mr Asif on October ​17​ ​for Rs.11.02 lakh​ ​which was deposited on the same date we booked the car, as Asif promised to deliver the car by 29th October. The promise was not fulfilled which is very disappointing.

Further, it was promised on the 31st of October and then later for 4th November. I explained to him that it is very important for us to have the car before 6th November. They assured me that it will be delivered by 6th morning for sure. From that point of time, no one has updated or shown up or even tried to contact me for the delivery of the car.

I was initially in touch with Asif who took the cheque from me, later he told that Vikram will follow up with me, after sometime Vikram told me that Philip is going to follow up with me. He then says that his manager is going to follow up!!!

I was given a 2013 test drive vehicle by Philip and we took that car in hope of getting the delivery of our new car quickly. There is no one to answer at ​Senator​ ​Motors, they're saying that the showroom was closed.

Thank you for spoiling Diwali & New Year ​ I've been forwarded to so many Skoda representatives and yet there is no one to answer or take responsibility. All the previous working numbers are switched off and the showroom landline number is not attended by anyone.

I have been forwarded to 4 different people who do not know what is happening. It takes each one 4 days to take calls after you contact them. This is disgusting. I am not unhappy with Senator only, but yes with Skoda also for not getting back. Never Ever Skoda.

Every time there is a new reason for delaying the delivery and now for taking calls and refunding the money.

To be precise, it is now the 46th day. Please do the needful.

Refund was promised on 8th December, Siddhesh who is VP for Senator gets back on 12th December and says it will take 4-5 days more to decide when they will refund the money.

Today it is 22nd December and still there is no reply or update from them.
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th December 2015, 11:29   #81
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday I shared the link of this thread on Twitter. To my surprise I got a standard reply to the tweet "Apologies for the inconvenience caused. Please share your contact no, location, E-mail Id, registration no. & dealer details." from Skoda. They blindly copy-pasted the standard reply on my tweet, whereas I had clearly mentioned in one of the replies that I was not a victim of this fraud.

What kind of customer service can we expect when their Customer Care team doesn't even bother to read tweets properly before replying?
Old 7th January 2016, 11:59   #82
Senior - BHPian

Hi, any updates on this case? Last time you mentioned Skoda had sought time till Dec 25th , 2015. Have they returned your money ? If not, have you filed a case for cheque bouncing yet?
Old 11th January 2016, 11:06   #83
Senior - BHPian

+1 to Lalvaz. Any updates would be appreciated!

On the other hand, is AVK Ford (run by the same group) also shutting shop? Since the past couple of weeks I find their shutters down whenever I pass by the showroom!
Old 11th January 2016, 14:27   #84
BHPian

The Senator service centre in Kandivali West has closed shutter I think around 20-25 days ago.
They were Open even after the showroom closed down.
Have had a poor experience from JMD next to Senator.

As Posted earlier I had a problem with my Boot not opening from the switch and the remote FOB. I had visited Senator and they told me it MIGHT be a problem with the switch and they do not have the switch in stock as they looked to be closing down.

I had a London trip planned which I had to go to.
I come back and find Senator closed down. Head to JMD and he starts asking me stupid questions.
He starts asking me where I got installed my Music System and reverse parking sensor.
I tell him to check in his system and find out even though I had got them installed from Senator when I bought the car.
I also inform him that I had purchased the Extended Warranty.
Min you my car is a 2012 Skoda Rapid ambition purchased in March.

He tells me then the warranty is void because "Skoda" has not installed the items and the dealer has!
I got very angry and spoke to the manager but he too told me the same.

I however ask him to diagnose the car for the fault and let me atlas know the estimate.
2 days later I get an estimate of 81000.

When i get there he shows me some wires shorted out and he will have to replace the harness and few other stuff.

I again tell him that I haven't touched any wire/cable/electric installation in the car.
All installations are done with Senator Skoda.

They have refused to budge however I have collected the car back from them.
Looking for a non Skoda repair guy.

Please let me know if anyone reliable can be found to look into this repair.
manas27587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2016, 23:14   #85
BHPian

Any update on the status of the refund ?
Old 25th January 2016, 12:15   #86
BHPian

An update to my earlier Rant.

Finally got hold of a good car repairman.
He opened up the whole dashboard as there was no access for the wiring from the sides.

The boot wire from the light switch to the BCM was burnt in between.
He just replaced the broken piece and reassembled the whole thing back again.

I do not have any idea how it could have happened but it did.

Since the original cladding had to be cut to find the burnt ends he taped the whole wiring.

Charged me 4000 for this entire endeavour.

It took him about 5 hours to complete the whole thing.

The rear right lights were not working and I had assumed that it was shorting with the burnt wire but fund out that Skoda had disconnected the wire and forgotten to connect it back.

The real reason why I am unhappy with Skoda is the level of incompetence of the service technician. That guy didn't understand when I told him "boot" is not opening.
He gave a blank stare at me and then when i told him "Dicky" he got it and thats what he wrote down in my acknowledgement.

I don't know how Skoda is going to manage with this level of A.S.S and how long it is going to last.
Old 25th January 2016, 15:23   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My friend showed me another piece of communication from the Skoda Customer Service, dated 10th December requesting ‘a further 15 days from today' wherein ‘we will be ensuring to provide you with a concrete settlement plan of you claim by end of this timeline’. I guess I can only suggest them to wait for the time-period and witness this saga unfold. However, at the same time, a criminal case will have to be lodged with 15 days of a cheque bounce, for it to be deemed valid. I am afraid, all this will have to be done together.
Hi Methecupid - Any updates on this case? Has your friend got the refund from Senator or Skoda as yet? Please keep us informed of the status.
Old 31st January 2016, 23:03   #88
BANNED

My sincere apologies for the rather long delay. Have been out on a long and deserved vacation with the family and welcomed back to office with a pile up. Oh well!

I haven't been able to speak to the aggrieved family yet in detail, but from the last time Skoda personnel got in touch with the member, they have given regular updates. I believe things have moved on an the right direction, albeit slowly. From what I understand, Skoda has entered a tripartite agreement with JMD and Senator, and are now arranging the car to be delivered from their JMD dealership. I will have to say that I wasn't enthused with this arrangement. Primarily for the following reasons;

a. JMD doesn't have presence outside Navi Mumbai. How does anyone expect people staying in South Mumbai or Western suburbs to service their cars?

b. If it's an established fact that money has changed hands from the bank to the erstwhile dealership, then I personally will not be comfortable driving a car after such a tumultuous and unnerving experience.

c. ICICI refused to shoulder responsibility and continued to service the loan account. Bad example of customer service and governance.

Having said all this, I am no one to convince anyone for or against a decision. I will leave it at this, I hope Skoda honours their commitment to the scores of customers who put their hard earned money and livelihood in simple joys of life. Hope this episode serves all our readers to be careful with their next purchase, be 'simply clever'!
methecupid is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 14:04   #89
BHPian

Quote:
a. JMD doesn't have presence outside Navi Mumbai. How does anyone expect people staying in South Mumbai or Western suburbs to service their cars?
!

JMD does have a service center in kandivali west.
Its right behind the old senator service centre.

Had been there personally their load has increased and is short staffed.

Last edited by bblost : 1st February 2016 at 14:10. Reason: fixed quote.
manas27587 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 14:37   #90
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
From what I understand, Skoda has entered a tripartite agreement with JMD and Senator, and are now arranging the car to be delivered from their JMD dealership.
Oh well, I hope the nightmare ends soon. They booked the car way back in September - must be wishing they'd gone for a VW Vento instead, or a Maruti Ciaz, Honda City or Hyundai Verna.

I hope the car brings happiness to them. They deserve it after all that trouble for no fault of theirs.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks