Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2015, 16:38   #76

Re: The miserable after-sales of the Volkswagen Auto Group in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
No, keep to the milaege or time which ever happens earlier. It will affect any warranty claim. VW Palace Cross will be happy to service the car
VW Palace Cross is little far away for me but they do have a pick/drop facility at Rs. 350/- plus service tax. I am thinking of going with pick/drop facility but would you suggest that or have any experience of using this service? Will you only suggest of going in person and being with car when it's serviced? I might have to take a day off from office for doing latter. Thanks.
Old 4th December 2015, 17:44   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hunt View Post
I was about to book a service appointment with VW Whitefield for my Polo 1.2P Highline for 5 Dec. but got a reply that earliest available slot is on 10 Dec. Due to travel plans, I didn't make the appointment and came here to do some reading on service.
After reading this thread and especially the last reply by AppyS, I am glad I didn't make that appointment and VW Palace Cross is where I am going to go. I will update the experience here. This is going to be 2nd year service for my car.
I have the same car with even lesser numbers, planning to go to Palace cross if your report is decent. VW appointed thugs as dealers, who just know replacing parts and scamming people and on top of that stealing, like VW Apple auto. Even for a normal tinkering job an sa had proposed a replacement to me of the damaged part, i didn't relent for a 50k replacement and got the tinkering done at 9k from the same person after much fight a year ago. I don't even feel like complaining to these thugs about the stealing of stuff. I pledge never to buy a VW again, in case I can afford another car, having maintained the first Volkswagen
Old 5th December 2015, 18:06   #78
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hunt View Post
VW Palace Cross is little far away for me but they do have a pick/drop facility at Rs. 350/- plus service tax. I am thinking of going with pick/drop facility but would you suggest that or have any experience of using this service? Will you only suggest of going in person and being with car when it's serviced? I might have to take a day off from office for doing latter. Thanks.
I normally give it in but once for a warranty claim, they picked the car up and the driver was quite decent.
Old 7th December 2015, 16:56   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I normally give it in but once for a warranty claim, they picked the car up and the driver was quite decent.
@ajmat
VW Palace Cross has 2 workshops: 1. Rajajinagar 2. Hesaraghatta

Which one have you gone with?
My guess would be Rajajinagar because Hesaraghatta is quite far.
Old 10th December 2015, 01:08   #80
Senior - BHPian

The Volkswagen saga continues. I sent a mail to VW Germany and VW India 2 days back regarding cold start issues with my car related to injector knocking etc and i got a mail from VW India that i will get a call soon from my service centre and they have noted that i had sent my feedback to VW Germany.

2 days are up and i still have not got a call from them, every time i think that i have seen the worst, VW surprise me to no end. I can bet my life that there would be no other automotive brand in the whole country wherein if you complaint and you do not get any call or revert back for over 48 hours. I owned the so called worst service "Fiat Linea" for 7 years and even they used to revert back within 24 hours.

If you want to own a VW, do some yoga and learn this very important virtue called P-A-T-I-E-N-C-E.
Burn VW India, burn.
coolboy007 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th December 2015, 16:32   #81
BHPian

Does anyone have a working phone number for the service centre in Rajaji Nagar please? There are two numbers on the VW India website and both numbers just keep ringing with no response at all, all day.

Thanks and cheers
Old 10th December 2015, 17:43   #82
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
Does anyone have a working phone number for the service centre in Rajaji Nagar please? There are two numbers on the VW India website and both numbers just keep ringing with no response at all, all day.

Thanks and cheers
Bangalore Motors Pvt Ltd
New Corporation No. 1/1,
Kodi Basavanna Temple Street,
4th M - Block, Rajajinagar,
Bangalore - 560010

Rajajinagar Workshop
Appointment Number:
Mobile : +91 96866 01245
Email ID:crerjn@vw-bangaloremotors.co.in, servicerjn@vw-bangaloremotors.co.in
Old 12th December 2015, 14:18   #83
BHPian

Thank you Ajmat. That number too just keeps ringing with no response. I shall try sending them an email and hope at least that works.

Cheers

Ajmat, thank you, I did manage to reach them on the number you gave me.

Cheers

Last edited by suhaas307 : 13th December 2015 at 10:58. Reason: As requested
Old 23rd December 2015, 21:24   #84
BHPian

I own a Volkswagen Vento and have purchased it at Ramani Volkswagen, Madurai. Till now I had no issues and everything is going well. Have finished 57100 kms and have sent my car for three services. My car first service was at 12000kms, Second one at 32000 kms and the third one at 45000 kms. All three services were attended by Service adviser Arun and he does a great job and the work done up here is great. No issues till now. Anyone in and around Madurai, I would recommend Ramani Volkswagen to all of you .
Old 5th November 2016, 09:44   #85
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Here's yet another Skoda complaint. I have verified it via service invoices.

What a frustrating experience!

Quote:
Mr Chaitanya /Mr Vikram Swaroopji,

I am writing again with utmost disappointment at the way Skoda India and Autobahn are handling customer complaints. Please note I had given my Skoda Rapid Reg no MH-04-FF-0252 on 28th September 2016 at Sewri Autobahn Skoda. I was initially informed coil light is flashing on dashboard and if car service is done the problem would be resolved by Mr Nadeem (Advisor @duty). I was charged approx 16000 for the service through invoice no MUM09-001-004080. After wasting 4 days at workshop, the moment I took the car out from the main gate the light started blinking again and when it was shown back to the advisor, it was said that some wiring repair needs to be done and it would be solved. I was again charged approx 1500 for the same. As I took the car the coil light started flashing again and it was again informed to Mr Nadeem. So after 4 days at workshop and spending approx 17500 we are back to square one as nothing has change. I am just wondering how does diagnostic department function at Skoda??

Mr Nadeem assured me that he would arrange some executive to pick the car by the next morning. However after 10 days and numerous calls to Autobahn Sewri, finally the car was collected by Autobahn executive on 10/10/2016. The same evening I was informed that this time, Autobahn needs to replace Adaptor wiring harness and I ended up paying approx INR 4200 through Job card nos 009613 and again wasted another 4 days at the workshop.

The moment car ignition was on, the light started flashing again and I was assured it is temporary. However the light kept on flashing and hence the same was informed to the advisor again. All this while Autobahn was just acting like a mute spectator and it was pretty obvious you people were concerned about money and not about reputation or service. I got a call from Skoda India and was asked to provide feedback about the service. However as I informed them about the mishandling I was assured it would be resolved. Hence again wondering how could diagnosis be wrong or there should be a question on how cars are been handled by Autobahn & Skoda.

Finally I went and met Mr Chaitanya Kulkarni (Service Manager) at Autobahn Sewri and he assured me that the problem would be solved and he would look into the matter. However its almost 2 days now and at this very moment, there is no clue about my car. Its so sad to see how a brand is been turned into waste. After wasting 40 days and money there is no resolution to this problem. You could check the record of the last 40 days and every time we have mentioned about this problem.

This just shows the lack of customer satisfaction and service. It seems Skoda and Autobahn are our liabilities and it was my worst decision to actually go ahead with your brand and car. And I dont know how long it would take to get a proper reply & diagnosis from Skoda & Autobahn. Have attached the earlier mail and invoice for your reference. Based on all the forums of Skoda owners and their experience with Skoda, I really do expect that is high time for Skoda & Autobahn to step in to rectify their image. Unfortunately, we all learn the hard way and it is only now that I know why people swear by their Toyotas, Marutis & Hondas.

I hope Skoda India takes up this matter with Autobahn Skoda Sewri in order to rebuild our diminishing faith in the brand.

Awaiting your prompt action & last but not the least : A Reply.

Disappointed Skoda Customer,

Amit Kanungo
Rajeshwar Impex (Director)
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th March 2017, 17:35   #86

Had this very bad experience with VW Service Center. Any help about the right channels where this should be forwarded for action..
"
To Concerned,

I own a VW Polo Highline bought in July 2014. I also have extended warranty from VW covering the car until July 2018. I had my car transported to my family in Delhi. In very unfortunate circumstances, my father-in-law, who was collecting the car on delivery found that the car would not start.

The car was then towed to the closest VW service centre - VW Gurugram. On arrival (8th March 2017), the service centre execs promised to take a look and report the problems to us. From here on all our dialogue with the VW Service Centre (VWSC) execs happened on the phone as Gurugram is quite far from Ghaziabad (our place of address).

On initial report, we were told that the radiator was cracked – possible mis-handling by the Transport company – and it will have to be replaced and would cost to the tune of INR 30K. We agreed to go ahead with repair. Then followed another conversation a couple of days later in which we were told that the car’s engine had overheated due to loss of coolant and eventually seized the Engine. The VWSC reps promised to check if this can be covered under the extended warranty. They also explained that it might have damaged the pistons and the head. We feared this was going to become a costly affair. After another 5 days that included a weekend and a national holiday, they broke the news to us that the whole Engine unit will need to be replaced. Reason they provided was that a Petrol engine is never repaired by VW (in cases like ours) and strangely a Diesel engine can get repaired. This didn’t sound right to me. We asked for an estimate from VW. This was going to be a massive hit money-wise and we decided to lodge a formal complaint against the Transport company for all the issues they have caused. The estimate was sent out (attached) which stated the cost to be nearly INR 3.8 lacs. At this point we thought best to find out from other sources if we can a) claim insurance for total loss or b) get it repaired elsewhere.

The insurance idea fell flat as we were suggested that the Insurance wouldn’t cover engine problems without physical damage but did get options of good external service stations. We decided to get the car repaired outside and went to the VWSC to get back the car on the 25th March. When VWSC reps learnt our intention, shockingly we were told a few things and as a loyal customer of VW service, I demand to understand how these conclusions/decisions were made.

1. The VWSC hadn’t opened the head yet and said that they can open the head and check if the problem is not that grave and they can repair it easily. How did they even decide that the WHOLE engine has to be replaced without checking these details?

2. The VWSC rep then claimed that they repair the car within INR 60k, fix all the engine problems and also give us a warranty of 6 months on the Engine. This is atrocious! How can they first quote a phenomenal 4Lac figure and later guarantee a repair within 60k with a warranty. This however they did not give us in any form of writing. I feel this is very unprofessional. Please explain

3. On collection, we found that even the dirt on the bolts was intact which is proof that the car was never even opened properly to diagnose the problem. How is it possible that they just stated so many problems without any physical inspection of the car?

4. Diagnostic report provided says that the first overheating alert was detected on 1st March when meter read 27538 kms and the next one was only on the 7th March at reading of 27557 kms. At this point the engine apparently seized. If the car just travelled only 19 kms (which would be the usual distance to a Service Station) in 7 days and this stalled the engine completely, why cannot it be covered under the warranty? This looks very much like a car problem than driver negligence or pre-meditated attempt to destroy the engine.

I currently live outside India and having to deal with such problems and organise assistance is a challenge. Putting a mask over my eyes into paying more money to repair my car and lack of transparency by a registered Volkswagen group service centre would have been the last thing I wanted to experience. I am not sure whom to believe. Definitely the Transport company was at fault to begin with, but the failure of VW to reinstate any faith in their mode of assistance or ‘service’ is a shame. Can this be circulated to the right regional representatives and can action be taken to provide justification of what unfolded and a suitable solution to the whole problem.
Looking forward to open dialogue.

Regards,
Jaideep

"

Help is appreciated
jaideepnaidu.12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2017, 11:39   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaideepnaidu.12 View Post
Had this very bad experience with VW Service Center. Any help about the right channels where this should be forwarded for action..

Help is appreciated
Wow, this is new heights from VW and their ASC's. Things have not improved much beyond words and assurances for the customers.
It is a big gamble and a lottery to expect good service from VW.

Sorry to hear your ordeal.
Hope you get a speedy and satisfactory response from VW soon
Old 13th June 2017, 00:16   #88
Team-BHP Support

Bringing up this thread after a long time. Had another incident with Skoda which has really ticked me off. After I made this thread about 2 years ago, the after sales hadn't really been that bad. In fact I could see things improving. The local Skoda aftersales had been renovated, people seemed to be better trained, they seem to be following processes better and had even got new uniforms.

Both my Skodas had only been visiting the Skoda service centre, and to be honest it was just regular services on the Yeti, and some odd jobs on the VRS like shock absorbers replacement, brake pads and discs replacement, etc. I didn't really have any complaints.

About a month ago, I had to change pretty much all the suspension components in the Yeti (its done 85k kms), and I wanted to try doing the job outside at a garage (someone well known to me). I bought all the parts and sent the car there.

When I received it after a few days, it wouldn't start. The garage chaps said they faced the same issue. Now I wasn't worried because I had just changed to an Amaron battery 2 years ago, that too of a slightly larger size and warranty was still valid.

Dug out the warranty card (it was really hell finding the damn thing), and was happy nothing would go from my pocket for changing the battery.

The battery chap comes, and pops the hood, and tells me the original Skoda battery is installed in the car. I was taken aback for a second, and went over to peek under the bonnet. And there was a damn VAG group 60ah (or maybe 65ah) grey coloured battery.

I called up the garage owner who did the suspension work, and told him my battery might have been changed. Asked him to go through his cctv footage since he wasn't in town when all this work happened. At this point I was pretty irritated! Got his call back after 10-15 mins and he said the battery is the same one which was in the car when it came to them.

That leaves only the Skoda service centre. The car had gone a couple months before for a service, and a few months before that it had spent over a week there for a full overcoat. Now my hunch is it was switched at that time.

So its safe to say things haven't really improved. While they do try to gift wrap the process with their redone service centres, new uniforms, etc. The fact is its still the same old crap.

Now that my vRS is sold, and that Skoda will detune my Yeti if I send it to them for anything - I am well and offically done with Skoda now!!
Akshay1234 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 13th June 2017, 14:17   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
Now that my vRS is sold, and that Skoda will detune my Yeti if I send it to them for anything - I am well and officially done with Skoda now!!
And what about the service of other luxury brands like Mercedes and BMW, are they any good in India?

I guess the less number of dealerships gives these guys a sort of monopoly in a region and causes the arrogance.

However, incompetence of the service staff is still not comprehensible.
And pilferage is absolutely unacceptable, be it any brand.
Old 20th June 2017, 12:11   #90
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel5915 View Post
And what about the service of other luxury brands like Mercedes and BMW, are they any good in India?

I guess the less number of dealerships gives these guys a sort of monopoly in a region and causes the arrogance.

However, incompetence of the service staff is still not comprehensible.
And pilferage is absolutely unacceptable, be it any brand.
BMW and Mercedes are far better than Skoda. They may have arrogance, but at least I know they follow the procedures set out by the principal in terms of how something should be done. I do not worry about leaving my vehicle there overnight.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks