Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2006, 14:55   #1
Senior - BHPian

hi
i own a 2001 OHC. presently in chennai. ive been in cochin before. my experience with HONDA service centers has been mixed. all though, they are very cordial and treat you well when u are in for service etc, the fact that in most cities, its a monopoly ( single ) dealer means one does not have much choice...and the reason one needs choice is that - whenever the vehicle is taken for any problem, u never really get a person who listens to u patiently as to what the problem is. the service guys broadly note down what the issue is and invariably come back with a list of parts that need to be completely changed !! ive had this experience 3/4 times where the service guy just does not bother to consider any alternatives other than changing the whole part itself..

i gave this feedback to honda's local rep and he confirmed on record that they are coming out with a second dealership in chennai but i think this would again be with the same dealer but at a different location..

can i suggest ( if not already present ) developing a citywise, manufacturer wise list of mechanics who all members present here can vouch for so that we have a choice to consider...
Old 16th September 2006, 16:22   #2
Senior - BHPian

What you have written is exactly our experience. Sundaram Motors prefer replacing the entire part rather than doing touch up jobs.

Alternative-

Workshop: Electra Automotive
Contact Person: Chikku
Contact Number: 9884092882
Place: On Old Mahabalipuram Road at Perungudi

ps: You can atleast 2 OHC in service station at any point of time (atleast I had seen
Old 20th September 2006, 16:01   #3
BHPian

Narayan, did Honda guys tell U a date when the second dealership will come up ..Any other feedback about Sundaram would be really helpful.
Old 20th September 2006, 20:28   #4
Senior - BHPian

by diwali/november somewhere near airport

other wise on sundaram service - well honda has sold a lot of cars here in chennai and continues to sell. sundaram all though a huge facility is simply too overloaded to give any kind of service ( leave alone personalised ) - that too for shelling out upwards of 8 lakhs for a car- ( maruti used to give me better service for my humble esteem....

if u have a driver and u have lots of money ur lucky!!! other wise, u need a lot of patience..
Old 20th September 2006, 20:30   #5
Senior - BHPian

sometime in oct/november near airport is what he said.

sundaram is fully stretched bcos of large number of honda cars being sold. they just dont have time to spend on every vehicle. if they cant make atleast 3-5k out of ur visit, no point even going.

good if u have lots of money and a driver. else better have lots of patience...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks