Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2016, 09:04   #31
BHPian

Re: Trident Hyundai Kalyan Nagar fraud - Charges me for spark plugs in a diesel car!

This is very serious and quite low standards of service. Especially considering the the money they charge. Advaith is known to do some good job. I had experience with 3 advaith centres in Bangalore and didnt have much issue. This is quite bad for hyundai and it is also reflecting in the recent service quality scores which Hyundai is managing. They are now below the industry mass market average. Infact other than the alphabetical advantage, they are at the same level as Tata, rather i appreciate Tata to have caught up in the service index.

Trident Hyundai Kalyan Nagar fraud - Charges me for spark plugs in a diesel car!-jd_power_service_index_2015.jpg

Trident Hyundai Kalyan Nagar fraud - Charges me for spark plugs in a diesel car!-jd_power_service_index_2_2015.jpg
groom is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th January 2016, 09:08   #32
BHPian

Re: Trident Hyundai Kalyan Nagar fraud - Charges me for spark plugs in a diesel car!

Well, if the car is out of the official warranty period, why would you even want to take to these suckers for service. There are umpteen number of independent garages who perform a flawless service at less than half of the labor charges that the ASCs charge. Genuine spares are also available in the market these days.
Mercs, Audis, BMWs, Volvos..pottered around in this country long before they set up their respective ASCs.. And now we hear about how these ASCs rip off owners!

Last edited by jeeva : 12th January 2016 at 09:09.
jeeva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2016, 09:24   #33
BHPian

Request to Mods:

Could you please check why the thread is showing i20 while the story is actually about Verna. I initially thought there were 2 instances of cheating.

Trident Hyundai Kalyan Nagar fraud - Charges me for spark plugs in a diesel car!-mods.jpg

Last edited by drive2eternity : 12th January 2016 at 09:29.
drive2eternity is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2016, 10:58   #34
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
May be its a typo error of spark plugs instead of glow plugs
No way you can get a set of Hyundai glow plugs for 250 bucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
Now I am told it has closed and some other Hyundai dealer is operating out of the same premises.
Related Thread (Hyundai to exit its 'Company Owned & Company Operated' Showroom in New Delhi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicallyme View Post
I saw a representative drain the oil of a pulsar completely, then kick started the bike and gave it full throttle .

And continues to do so. The owner didn’t even react and continued to enjoy the show. May be he got the engine oil for free .
Love the story & your narration.

I remember a common practice at petrol pumps in the 90's. Between an oil change (between removing the old oil & filling in the new oil), these idiots would fill up a little diesel and revv the engine. Claim = 'cleans' up the engine. In India, it only takes one nut to start a practice before it spreads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiyags22 View Post
My opinion for a long time was that Hyundai service is good.
I'd say the service is still very good. Just that it's more expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2eternity View Post
Could you please check why the thread is showing i20 while the story is actually about Verna. I initially thought there were 2 instances of cheating.
Thanks! Corrected.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th January 2016, 11:38   #35
BHPian

Thanks a lot everyone for the responses and the support.

To summarize all the responses:

Current steps:
• Raise this issue with Hyundai management(Done)
o I got a reply from Hyundai mentioning that the same service manager Girish would be looking into this matter. The same Girish who said that he would be sending me the alignment report from 27th October, and that I would get a call from the branch head Rajesh before 4th January, both of which has not happened till data.
• How I can raise this with consumer court?

In future, while giving a vehicle to ASS:
• Perform all wheel related jobs in outside shops(rotation, balancing and alignment). For customers with Hyundai Elite or Creta, bad luck.
• Verify that all scratches and dents are reported on the job sheet.
• Don’t bother about the pathetic cleaning done by ASS.

I personally don’t think that giving the vehicle to an ASS just for an oil change, brake pad cleaning or coolant replacement is worth the effort. This can be done by any local mechanic.

In future, while giving a vehicle to non-authorized service centres:
• Buy parts from genuine MGP parts dealer or 99rpm.com.
• Learn about your car as you get the work done in front of you.

I used to have a 1999 OHC, which I sold recently, and I had given the vehicle to Dakshin Honda near electronics city once, the first time after which I always relied on local mechanics. They couldn’t even diagnose a bad engine gasket after having the vehicle for 2 days, which was diagnosed by a local mech in 5 minutes. I used to give it to Naveen in Automechs in Koramangala, and this had boosted my trust in local workshops.

Immediately after seeing the spark plugs on the bill, I also noticed that the front LH wheel cap was missing. When I had asked about this, they mentioned that this was not present when I delivered the car. I didn’t bother to argue about such minor issues. I realize now that the repair order of 26th October has mentioned that there are 4 wheel caps. This just gets more better as each mishap gets unfolded. I’m sure if the bill is scanned in more detail, there would be more mishaps. I have attached all the pages of the bill generated on 27th October. Please notice that in the repair order which was given to me after giving the vehicle to Kushal, it has mentioned that there are 4 wheel caps, but in the last page of the bill given to me after getting the vehicle, there is a remark “Front LH wheel cap missing”.

My main concern is to know if the other jobs have been performed? When I had asked Kushal about this, he was guaranteeing me that all the jobs have been performed. He said if the gear oil has not been changed, he was saying that the vehicle would break down. Now I have to wait for my vehicle to break down, to prove that Trident HASS has not performed their jobs. It’s obvious that they are running a fraud service centre.

I would not have gone through all this trouble, if Kushal had performed all the jobs which he missed to perform on the first service on the second chance after I complained. On 24th December he had put tyre rotation and balancing on the job report, and again had not performed the jobs. When asked he said that he had only performed the alignment, then why did he tell that the balancing and rotation had been done and even put that in the job report. This service centre runs the policy that anything printed on paper has been done, with no questions asked.

Repair Order which mentions 4 wheel caps

Trident Hyundai Kalyan Nagar fraud - Charges me for spark plugs in a diesel car!-jobreport.jpg

Bill page 1(billed for wheel balancing weights)
Also billed for gear oil, AC foam cleaner and 3M engine conditioner which I have no proof has been used on my car
Trident Hyundai Kalyan Nagar fraud - Charges me for spark plugs in a diesel car!-bill1.jpg

Bill page 2(billed for wheel balancing and alignment)
Trident Hyundai Kalyan Nagar fraud - Charges me for spark plugs in a diesel car!-bill2.jpg

Bill page 3
Trident Hyundai Kalyan Nagar fraud - Charges me for spark plugs in a diesel car!-bill3.jpg

Bill page 4
Has a remark that the Front LH wheel cap missing, which was present when the vehicle was given to Kushal, as mentioned in the repair order
Trident Hyundai Kalyan Nagar fraud - Charges me for spark plugs in a diesel car!-bill4.jpg
micraft is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2016, 13:34   #36
BHPian

Hi,

I think I would give bottom line first. If your car is under warranty with Hyundai get all the free things done whenever repairs are needed, if they fall under consumables, kindly check with a local mechanic before proceeding with the Hyundai service centre.

My experience: I have got 2 Hyundais and 1 Maruti in my stable. This happened with my Oct 2012 (25th Oct to be precise) purchased diesel fluidic Verna. My 3 years warranty ended in October 2015 and I was not aware when my car was billed to the dealer and hence I was late in extending my 4th year warranty on 20th October 2015 (Car billed to the dealer on Oct 19, 2012). And Gods saved me!!

I had two problems then with my Verna. One, there was brake fluid leakage from the master cylinder and second, my car’s torque had literally vanished. My car was probably performing to 70% of its capacity and I really started missing the ‘1.6 engine’ of Verna, which as per me is the best thing in the car. I had this complaint for quite some time and had reported thrice to the service centre to no effect. In fact, I was always told that the car is absolutely fine and they had encountered absolutely nothing on the G-scan. I knew they were bluffing.

Till then my beauty was almost driven 70,000 kms to know that she was definitely ill. After the warranty had expired, I again consulted the service station and this time within couple of hours they figured exactly what was the problem. The answer was the same,which I knew all this while, that there is some issue with the car’s turbo. Now here comes the solution:

Solution 1: Service advisor: Sir, we have identified the solution. We need to change the turbo and the turbo will cost you Rs. 77,000.

My answer: Kindly do not do any thing to the turbo. Just get the master cylinder changed (my first issue).

SA: fine sir, that will cost you 5,500.

me: thats fine. go ahead with only that.

Then again I get a call.

Solution 2: SA: Sir, we can do another thing, we can try and refurbish the turbo and that will cost you Rs. 25,000 only.

Me: I told you, do not touch the turbo.

I got my car and within days I got an engine warning. It was hight time. From our daily hectic schedule I had to take time out to treat and cure my beauty. Found L.V. diesel in Goregaon (E), I.B. Patel road. Called the gentleman there and he was more than happy to help me but with one condition only. I should get the turbo removed and bring it to him. I thought the trouble would be worth and hence went to my regular road side mechanic and asked him to remove my car’s turbo. He did that and I took the turbo. The same moment L.V. diesel co. told me that my turbo is absolutely fine and I need not worry about it, a regular service which will clean all the carbon that has been accumulated will solve the problem. But, one more thing, get your intercooler, exhaust, pipes connecting the air filter to turbo cleaned and carbon free as this carbon is like cancer and it keeps on spreading. I was so happy that a reasonable solution was given but I wanted to know the reason for this to happen. He said two things normally cause this. One, refuelling at different stations may cause a problem because the diesel quality may vary and secondly, air filter not changed in time or cleaned regularly.

Rs. 2000/- for turbo servicing and Rs. 3000/- labour charges of removing turbo, removing everything and cleaning it and fixing everything back. Rs. 5000 well spent and my car roared as it used to be before. And here I wondered, why I did not change the master cylinder myself. Hyundai always bring VFM products (barring Creta probably) but service centres probably want to earn more, too quickly.

Regards,

Akshay Sawant.
akshaysawant is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 12th January 2016, 14:14   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by micraft View Post
o I got a reply from Hyundai mentioning that the same service manager Girish would be looking into this matter. The same Girish who said that he would be sending me the alignment report from 27th October, and that I would get a call from the branch head Rajesh before 4th January, both of which has not happened till data.
I get it. The same corrupt cop gets to investigate the case that you've filed against him on corruption! Please write to them again as to what action they (as Hyundai) have taken or will take to ensure that folks like Girish do not do this ever again.

Honestly, I don't think you'd get far with this but you should threaten them with making this issue even more public (facebook, twitter, other forums) if they don't give you a satisfactory response. Share this thread with them to tell them that you are serious.
Quote:
Go to the consumer court under whose jurisdiction this service center comes and just give them the whole story on a piece of paper, its as simple as that. You could prepare a report (most of the work you've already done on the thread) of how they fleeced you and what you expect as an outcome, monetary compensation, written apology or a brand new car (kidding with this one ).

I own a Swift diesel and have always got it serviced in front of my eyes. If there was ever a rule that they wouldn't allow me in the servicing area I would simply take it to those who will. I've seen enough of how these ill-trained "mechanics" handle the car and would never allow them a free hand in my absence.

I've been taking my car to non-A.S.S. workshops since long and its way better in terms of cost, time and most importantly, quality of work.
fine69 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2016, 15:29   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Repair Order which mentions 4 wheel caps

Attachment 1459713

Bill page 1(billed for wheel balancing weights)
Also billed for gear oil, AC foam cleaner and 3M engine conditioner which I have no proof has been used on my car
Attachment 1459709
You were charged for Bardahl power booster which i dont think was required at all. Also if you refer to line number 4 (Material engine lacquer) which is again pushed to almost all customers (a good to have but not must have product)

There was a time when before buying a used vehicle i specifically used to look for keyword 'company maintained/serviced' to ensure i get a well maintained vehicle. I think i better remove this keyword from my search criteria.

Shubhendra

Last edited by Shubhendra : 12th January 2016 at 15:31.
Shubhendra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2016, 18:47   #39
BHPian

micraft, you should go to Consumer Court. Seriously.
Old 12th January 2016, 19:50   #40
BHPian

Off topic, but has anyone heard of this online startup which plans to open up steero workshops for carrying out all the service and repairs using genuine products from manufacturers. Here is their website.

http://steero.in/

PS: Mods create a new thread or move to appropriate one if required.
Old 12th January 2016, 20:59   #41
BHPian

looks like this is a concern with every service outlet. I dedicate one full day, stay right next to my car get it done and drive out. Initially service guys denied my request, but after 3 of small incidents (minor accident inside the workshop, pen drive stolen, billed for diesel filter but not changed), i was able user that as a hold saying i'm not able to trust the workshop and i could stay with the car through out.
Old 13th January 2016, 10:02   #42
Senior - BHPian

Off topic:

Many of the forum members recommend FNG for service after end of warranty period. Specifically for Hyundai, MOBIS is the authorized channel for sourcing spare parts. With whatever limited understanding I have, I am not able to find any outlet from where one can buy essential parts for service.

Can there be a guidance around it? I am interested in getting help for Delhi
Old 13th January 2016, 10:51   #43
BHPian

Good that you brought this to the attention of all your fellow BHPians.

A.S.S nowdays are flooded with cars and service requests.

Always remember, the moment your car goes out of your sight, there is nothing you can do to track progress with its service. It is always advised by senior mechanics that you take a day off and hang in service center and regularly pay visit to service bay to check progress.

Also, remember customer is king. If you are denied visit to service bays threaten to change service station next time. You have to be absolutely sure that they are doing their job and get paid only for what they have done to your satisfaction.

Another tactic used by service stations is sweet talking and keep you away from service bays by giving free WiFi / TV / AC / Magazines. In my opinion its nothing more than distraction. I am there to get my car fixed, not cool off. I have all facilities provided by them and its 1000 times better, so I am a pain in the A.S.S of supervisors when I visit them.

Good relationship should be encouraged not at the cost of hoodwinking and destruction of your car. I also agree with others. After warranty period, there is no need to take your car to A.S.S. A local dependable mechanic shop should be able to do a amazing job at far lesser price. You will also have the satisfaction of being next to your vehicle when job is done.

Again, my kudos to you for enlightening this hapless work of your service station.

Quote:
Do not make this mistake unless you have a great lawyer with amazing track records in consumer courts. There are very positive stories about consumer courts coming down heavily on such organizations, but for that you need hell lot of undeniable proof and records.

If its for moral satisfaction, go ahead and prepare your case but be ready to face very uneasy questions and dubious proof's.

If its for genuine reasons where you are robbed in daylight, then you should first get a amazing lawyer who can tear the opposite to pieces with evidence.

Remember, evidence, evidence and evidence will help you win case 90% with a 10% work from a good lawyer.

Last edited by Zappo : 13th January 2016 at 19:24. Reason: Please edit your posts in the first 20 minutes to add content rather than making back to back posts. Posts merged.
Old 13th January 2016, 11:48   #44
Senior - BHPian

sorry to hear about your experience.

i've been taking my car there for years. except for one issue that i found on a bill (same item appearing twice on the bill), all has gone well. there is only one SA who handles my car - Lohith. if he's not there, i don't leave the car for service. unfortunately he seems to have been transferred to KR Puram.

couple of days ago i had been to Trident Kalyan Nagar since i wanted to buy couple of parking bulbs for my car and the person behind the counter plainly refused, said they don't sell parts. i was taken aback because i've bought stuff like bulks, coolant, door handles etc. over the counter. i walked up to the manager's cabin and told him about this and he said it won't be a problem and that i can purchase the bulbs and he sent someone with me to see to it that it's done. before leaving he told me that we've stopped selling parts over the counter.

so basically for changing a parking bulb worth 45/- (holy cow!) i've to end up paying 150/- coz i've to pay the labour charges. yeah right, like that's gonna happen.
Old 13th January 2016, 18:48   #45
BHPian

I have a 2lakh plus kms covered hyundai accent. Once the car ran out of warranty, i have never approached the hyundai a.s.s. for a so called maintenance service, instead, every 7.5k kms i demand an oil change, air filter and oil filter change. The diesel filter is changed at some 30/35k kms. These are the only things done at the a.s.s. I check the oil colour and ensure filters are new. This has been the routine since the past 1.5 lakh kms. All other stuff, as and when anything crops up has been dealt at f.n.gs. So far it is running without any major glitches. Over the years, i have been asked to do a/c disinfection, engine flushing, body coatings, decarbonisation & so many other stuff, which i promptly refuse. Charging for spark plugs in a diesel, is taking things to the limit.

Last edited by crdi : 13th January 2016 at 19:12. Reason: Spell check
crdi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks