Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2006, 12:00   #16
BHPian

Happy Ending

I got the car back this morning. The painting work on the scratch was done very well. The scratch does not show at all.I have also been promised a fog lamp by the end of this month (no, I have not paid in advance).

Subbarp, you are right about taking the car during daylight. I nonticed the scratch only because I went to take it in the morning.

Also, Hyundai's reach in terms of multiple dealerships and service centers really helps. I have owned four Hyundai products (currently own an Accent CRDi) and there has been no problem at all.

Lets hope Honda realises and improves soon on the service support front.

One more thing I should mention -- when I went this morning to pick up the car I was amazed at the number of cars they had for delivery -- City and Civic mainly but quite a few Accord too. There was no place in the dealership to even walk around. A sales guy showed me their yard and that was packed too!!!!

Honda is really on a roll, lets see how Verna etc impact their sales.....

Ravi.
Old 22nd September 2006, 13:26   #17
Team-BHP Support

Accidents do happen but DH should have had the courtesy to be upfront and mentioned this along with a resolution plan rather than trying to hise it

It is how a problem is resolved rather than having the problem that makes the big difference in customer satisfaction
Old 22nd September 2006, 14:00   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
with their service centers not exactly in the best parts of town, it sometimes becomes painful to reach out and show something for minor irritants.
As a matter of fact, this is fully intentional. They do NOT want you to visit them for "minor irritants"...most of which you can solve yourself or club with the next service.

An insider told me that its a part of their strategy to keep service stations at a distance. They make up for this by offering free pickup and dropoff.
Old 22nd September 2006, 14:54   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarp
Regarding service, not that Toyota is bad at all, but I miss the fabulous service Hyundai was offering all these years. Wish they had a good car in the C+ segment. Wishing to go down a segment for Verna. TRust me, it feels good if your car is handled with care.

subbarp
Dont remember reading a thread bashing Hyundai service. Shame on Honda, Skoda, Ford for making us pay premium and get bad service in return.

Last edited by jkdas : 22nd September 2006 at 14:58.
Old 25th September 2006, 22:06   #20
BHPian

Completely agree with ravi, me too had terrible experience after arguing with the manager on service. They made the job delayed for complete month ( ON GTX 1.6), and bill too high beyond expection.
This delay also lead to battery compoff, at the end they joint the parts in hurry leaving few nuts and bolts loose.
I had to check each and every thing twice.
At time it becomes very difficult to understand and to trust the mac.. the way these people treat our vehicles as if we have given them the authority to royally cheat and fraud.

Sugestions : pls verify your vehicle before and after service. Pls make a check list and go thrugh it, keep copy of the job card include every thing you are facing truoble wih and make sure to they understand what you are saying.
Old 25th October 2006, 07:39   #21
BMW
BHPian

Something similar happened with my Honda City too.

I had taken it for 1st free service and at the time of delivery noticed that there was a scratch of about 2 inches long on the front left door. The supervisor was not ready to accept the fault. He was so adamant that he wanted to have a look at the job card (which he had filled up at the time of accepting the car) to satisfy himself. I promptly showed him and he "finally" admited the fact. He immediately took the car to the painting area and got the touch up done. Luckily there was not dent so one cannot make out that the door had got scratched.

This happened at Southend Honda in Delhi and it was first and the last time that I went to them for service. Since then I have been going to Prime Honda for servicing.
Old 26th October 2006, 12:32   #22
BHPian

Hi Roovee!!!!

Just ensure with your Honda guys that warranty of the car doesn't lapse by installing fog lamps..... Atleast my skoda guys discouraged me from installing pressure horns for this very reason........

Maybe bcos of all the issues creeping up (in media) due to equipping unwanted accessories, all the dealers are playing safe by discouraging the customers in getting electronic accessories loaded

Cheers
Old 26th October 2006, 12:51   #23
BHPian

I would recommend putting everything down in writing , along with dates and times and sending letters / emails off to honda HQ , theres nothing like a good kick in the butt form HQ
Old 26th October 2006, 14:50   #24
BHPian

Thanks, Sumit. I dont think there is a warranty breach because Honda themselves are offering these accessories and it would be installed by their authorised dealer.

However, they still dont have stocks. I have checked with both dealers in Bangalore and keep checking frequently. I think I have to write to Honda directly on the customer care ID.

Awful that Honda cant supply enough of these accessories four months after the launch of the car.
Old 5th December 2006, 03:48   #25
Senior - BHPian

I completely agree with what Nitrous says. In chennai, if you want Honda you are compelled to go to Sundaram Honda and nowhere. There cant be this obviuos monopoly. Its high time the Honda boffins took a look at this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks