Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2016, 16:52   #31
BHPian

Re: Fiat dealership Mohandas Motors (Trivandrum) closing down. EDIT: Tata too

Apologies if this is not the right thread to post this question on. But looks like this is the most recent thread on Fiat service centers in Trivandrum.

I moved from Chennai to Trivandrum recently. I own a Fiat Punto 1.3 MJD. I visited the Fiat service center / Dealership in the NH bypass last weekend as my car was having a few niggles. They are currently not taking any new cars for service and are shutting down as pointed out correctly in this thread.

Now, what is my next best option to get my car serviced / fixed? Not only for this time but going forward. My car is under warranty as well. Is there any garage in Trivandrum that I can take my car to without affecting the warranty? My understanding is that it might not be possible.

In that case what is my next best option?

Thanks
Anand
Old 6th June 2016, 17:41   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand3553 View Post
Apologies if this is not the right thread to post this question on. But looks like this is the most recent thread on Fiat service centers in Trivandrum.

I moved from Chennai to Trivandrum recently. I own a Fiat Punto 1.3 MJD. I visited the Fiat service center / Dealership in the NH bypass last weekend as my car was having a few niggles. They are currently not taking any new cars for service and are shutting down as pointed out correctly in this thread.

Now, what is my next best option to get my car serviced / fixed? Not only for this time but going forward. My car is under warranty as well. Is there any garage in Trivandrum that I can take my car to without affecting the warranty? My understanding is that it might not be possible.

Thanks
Anand
Best option would be to contact Fiat itself. There might be Fiat dealer in Nagarcoil.
ontheroad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 20:26   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks
Anand
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Best option would be to contact Fiat itself. There might be Fiat dealer in Nagarcoil.
There is no Fiat dealership/service center in Nagercoil. There is one in Tirunelveli which is another 1hour/80Kms from Nagercoil.

Rehoboth Cars Pvt Ltd
Ts 1634/3 North Bypass Road, Udayarpatti, Tirunelveli -627001
Phone No : Showroom: Shanmugasundaram : 82201 33335, Workshop: 8754024663/8220010663
Email : Showroom: salesrehobothfiat@gmail.com, Workshop: servicemanager.try@marvelfiat.com
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 20:37   #34
BHPian

Thank you @ontheroad and @arun_josie.

I think it will take a lot of effort and time to get the car checked from some place that far which I doubt I will be able to do.

Looks like I will have to forget my warranty. If I am ready to, is there any garage in Trivandrum that the fellow members of team-bhp would recommend where I can take my car to?
Old 7th June 2016, 08:03   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think it will take a lot of effort and time to get the car checked from some place that far which I doubt I will be able to do.
Why don't you try this option instead? A 1 - 1.5 hour drive at the max I guess?

Fiat dealership Mohandas Motors (Trivandrum) closing down. EDIT: Tata too-fiat.jpg
Viju is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 14:15   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
Why don't you try this option instead? A 1 - 1.5 hour drive at the max I guess?

Attachment 1514851
Thank you Viju. They seem to be working on the weekend as well which is good for me. I will contact them and check.
Old 12th July 2016, 18:50   #37
Senior - BHPian

sigh, wish i had stumbled upon this thread earlier. My car is due for second service and was surprised that no one from fiat had called asking me to bring it for service :(

guess, it's onwards to kollam then.
Old 24th October 2016, 12:10   #38
Senior - BHPian

So, there's a new service partner for Fiat in Trivandrum now.

Continental motors. Where the old mohandas fiat/tata showroom used to be.

Any reviews?
Old 11th November 2016, 21:58   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
So, there's a new service partner for Fiat in Trivandrum now.

Continental motors. Where the old mohandas fiat/tata showroom used to be.

Any reviews?
I have given my Punto for service in Continental. I have a feeling that it is going to be a bad experience. The service adviser assigned didnt seem to be very knowledgeable (For instance, I had to remind him to open the hood and take a look!).

Gave the car on Thursday. They were not sure when they can deliver the car. The SA said 'may be same day evening'. I called them as I did not get any response till 6 PM. They said they are waiting for some part and will be ready by Friday. No call received today (Friday) as well. Will have to call them tomorrow and check. Overall, have a bad feeling about them.

Will update about the quality of work once I receive my car back.

Last edited by Anand3553 : 11th November 2016 at 22:12.
Old 12th November 2016, 10:42   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have given my Punto for service in Continental. I have a feeling that it is going to be a bad experience. The service adviser assigned didnt seem to be very knowledgeable (For instance, I had to remind him to open the hood and take a look!).

Gave the car on Thursday. They were not sure when they can deliver the car. The SA said 'may be same day evening'. I called them as I did not get any response till 6 PM. They said they are waiting for some part and will be ready by Friday. No call received today (Friday) as well. Will have to call them tomorrow and check. Overall, have a bad feeling about them.

Will update about the quality of work once I receive my car back.
I had visited the center as well for a minor checkup [my car charger port had blown a fuse] and had to wait an hour just to have somebody come ask me about the issue. And looking at the garage i could see Hondas, Fords and even an old cony being worked on. Does not really inspire confidence.

Please do update on service quality.
Old 14th November 2016, 18:38   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
I had visited the center as well for a minor checkup [my car charger port had blown a fuse] and had to wait an hour just to have somebody come ask me about the issue. And looking at the garage i could see Hondas, Fords and even an old cony being worked on. Does not really inspire confidence.

Please do update on service quality.
I received my car back on Saturday and it did require a good amount of follow up from my end.

I tried to call the service center in all provided numbers around 11 AM on Saturday multiple times in vain. Then I called up the Fiat customer care and they were not able to reach the service centre as well. However, I got a call back later from the SA and some time after that, the Customer care called back as well and arranged a conference call with the Service Center. I was asked to come at 6 PM to collect the car as washing is going on. Thankfully I called them again before starting to be asked to come at 7 PM only.

I reached the Centre at around 7 PM and got the car after around 30 mins. I was unable to inspect the car properly as the yard did not have proper lighting. I checked as much as possible and confirmed that the reported minor issues were fixed as far as they could (some parts were not available which the SA informed me at the time of delivery and for those issues, they managed to do some jugaad till the time part arrives).

Now to the tricky part. As I started driving the car, I realized that the RHS wing mirror has been swapped with what seems to a duplicate one (because the range has drastically come down and all I can see is an enlarged RHS headlight of cars coming behind). I inspected and there was no external damage to the car. I called up the SA immediately and asked why it was swapped to which he replied they have not changed anything. I politely let him know that anybody who has been using a vehicle can understand when something that they use very frequently has been changed. He said he will check if something has happened

I called them today to inquire and the SA is on leave it seems. I have asked them to call me back before tomorrow afternoon with details and that if I do not receive a call, I will report this.

I dont know if I am being too concerned, but what gets me worried is that now I can no longer trust the work that was done to my car. There is no way I can check each and every part that they have billed was indeed replaced or the service was carried out properly. Also I am not sure what was being done in the car for 3 days. One day would have been more than sufficient to do that work that was done.

I will wait for the call back tomorrow which I am not sure they will make and decide accordingly.
Anand3553 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2016, 18:43   #42
Senior - BHPian

Ouch! you my friend have just put in words what i was dreading about in my head :(

Hope you get your issue sorted out. Do keep us posted
Old 15th November 2016, 18:06   #43
BHPian

Got call from the service center today morning. They offered to send a mechanic to my home to replace the mirror with an original one. To his credit, the SA did not try to dodge the responsibility.

I asked him to replace the mirror when I get the car to fix the other issues once spare parts arrive. This time, I am going to ask them to fix it in front of me. No more leaving the car there.

Except for this bad experience, the quality of the work seems ok (Hoping that I will not discover more bad stuff in the future).

If anyone is planning to give the car for service there, I would recommend to stay with the car and keep watch.
Anand3553 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2016, 18:24   #44
Senior - BHPian

I have faced this issue with every fiat/tata dealership (other than focuz, never been there) in tvm.
Parts go missing all the time, and when i raise a stink, parts are sourced mysteriously from the workshop (probably from other customer cars) and the cycle repeats.
greenhorn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2016, 20:47   #45
Senior - BHPian

i gave my Punto in Daiwik Fiat, Kollam for its 45K service nearly 2 months back. Their garage is a small facility that's on a pocket road. My service experience was nothing bad and -by Fiat standards - way good. The guy who runs the show there is one Mr.Vijeesh. He called at least twice when the car was being serviced, and it was delivered as promised. There were only 2 complaints - handbrake not working, noise from driver-side suspension- and both were attended promptly. They won't accept cards.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 16th November 2016 at 20:50.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks