Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2016, 18:47   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai's 'digital experience' showroom

Hyundai India, the country’s second-largest auto maker, on Thursday, inaugurated India’s first Digital Automotive Experience Outlet – Unity Hyundai. The first ‘Unity Hyundai’ outlet has been opened in Delhi that will offer an all-digital experience to modern shoppers. The new digital experience outlet is a "New Thinking, New Possibility" approach that offers a unique car buying experience to buyers by adopting the digital screens and artworks.

Y K Koo, Managing Director, HMIL said : “Hyundai has the customers truly at its heart. This outlet expresses Hyundai’s modern premium brand identity. Unity Hyundai is India’s first Interactive, Creative and Understanding space which boosts the Hyundai brand value by creating an emotional connect with the existing and future customers. The key drivers for the success of Unity Hyundai – Digital Experience Outlet will be Evolution, Innovation and Experience. This exciting new digital outlet from Hyundai exemplifies these themes to create a unique experience.”

Hyundai's 'digital experience' showroom-hyundaidigitalexperienceoutlet.jpg

Hyundai's 'digital experience' showroom-hyundaidigitalexperienceoutlet2.jpg

At this time, Hyundai did not reveal any plans for more such outlets. But such outlets are expected to launch in other Metro Cities. Online reports indicate that this chain of showrooms will be called 'Unity Hyundai', but this seems to be a little unclear as Unity Hyundai is already an existing Hyundai dealer in Delhi. Although this is not intended for only the premium cars, with the focus on customer experience, technology and highly trained advisers, the overall concept seems very similar to what Maruti is attempting with Nexa.

Source: Online Reports

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 25th February 2016 at 18:54.
Rajeevraj is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th February 2016, 06:06   #2
BANNED

re: Hyundai's 'digital experience' showroom

I suggest car makers install vehicle simulators in showrooms.

If I'm buying a new DeLorean, I'd like to walk in and experience the feeling of power, dynamics, maybe it's sounds and so on.

In the HAL museum in Blr., they have a plane simulator. It's hydraulically driven with motors that move your seat based on your flying.

10% of all the above can simulate a car I think.
Old 26th February 2016, 15:42   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hyundai's 'digital experience' showroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
India’s first Digital Automotive Experience Outlet
Fancy use of terminology, but what exactly is this 'digital experience' Hyundai is harping about? I found it hard to understand even after reading the press release twice.

A bunch of TVs / screens and it's a digital showroom?

Quote:
Hyundai has the customers truly at its heart. This outlet expresses Hyundai’s modern premium brand identity. Unity Hyundai is India’s first Interactive, Creative and Understanding space which boosts the Hyundai brand value by creating an emotional connect with the existing and future customers. The key drivers for the success of Unity Hyundai – Digital Experience Outlet will be Evolution, Innovation and Experience. This exciting new digital outlet from Hyundai exemplifies these themes to create a unique experience.
Just the kind of PR statements that give me a headache . 76 words, but not even one that's meaningful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangover View Post
When there are thousands of cars built every month, why would anyone sit in a simulator? Sure, I can understand the purpose of a plane simulator, but no one will base their car buying decision on a simulator. Even from the dealer's POV, it's just simpler to give a test-drive.

Besides, what if the manufacturer tweaks the simulator to make an Elite i20 seem like a Ferrari 488 GTB .
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th February 2016, 15:54   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Hyundai India, the country’s second-largest auto maker, on Thursday, inaugurated India’s first Digital Automotive Experience Outlet – Unity Hyundai. The first ‘Unity Hyundai’ outlet has been opened in Delhi that will offer an all-digital experience to modern shoppers. The new digital experience outlet is a "New Thinking, New Possibility" approach that offers a unique car buying experience to buyers by adopting the digital screens and artworks.
I don't see a difference between this and the regular Hyundai showroom except for the spruced up interiors and some digital TVs/Screens. Especially considering that the product line up and the services offered are nothing different. If this is called premium experience, then why not the customers going to the regular Hyundai showrooms getting the same treatment even though they paid the same money for a car as that bought in the so called premium dealership.

Nexa by MS is a far better proposition as it atleast has a different product line up.
Old 26th February 2016, 15:58   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guess Hyundai wants to milk the term "Digital" which seems to be the buzzword these days. But some velvet sofas and some TV screens, how do they translate to digital? Marketing money down the drain I suppose.
Old 26th February 2016, 17:00   #6
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Besides, what if the manufacturer tweaks the simulator to make an Elite i20 seem like a Ferrari 488 GTB .
That'd only happen in a VW showroom.

My request was simpler. Merc had 10 models or so in India. Say, I choose a Brabus tuned G wagon.

Now I'm never going to be able to use every drop of its power like Mr. Brabus intended. Because I live in a city with narrow streets.

I'd still like to know what it is actually capable of.

I could get Merc. video games and apps I suppose. That is not quite the same thing.
Old 26th February 2016, 17:02   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Fancy use of terminology, but what exactly is this 'digital experience' Hyundai is harping about? I found it hard to understand even after reading the press release twice.
Exactly my thoughts! Currently every one wants to do something "Digital" but done know what to do exactly and everyone is afraid to fall behind. Desperate and lame attempt.

I think we should delete the Hyundai post with the following caption

Reason: Please do NOT post messages that add zero value to the forum.

Last edited by 2000rpm : 26th February 2016 at 17:04.
2000rpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2016, 17:25   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangover View Post

If I'm buying a new DeLorean, I'd like to walk in and experience the feeling of power, dynamics, maybe it's sounds and so on.

In the HAL museum in Blr., they have a plane simulator. It's hydraulically driven with motors that move your seat based on your flying.

10% of all the above can simulate a car I think.
It doesn't make any sense from an economic perspective. Most potential buyers don't even take a test drive of the car before buying. Some book the car before they even see it. A majority, sadly, only base their decisions on mileage, features and brand.
What you can do is create your own simulator and enjoy. Just call me to the party too.
I think these digital car showrooms are based on the fact that people buy cars like they buy phones. I haven't heard of many people 'trying out' a phone before purchase in recent times. The same is slowly moving on to the automotive scene. 'Digital' showrooms then make sense! It's easy to woo people with the right kind of advertising. After seeing the video, you will hear kids scream in the showroom "Daddy, i want this car!!". I don't even need to say anything more.
The only losers then are the enthusiasts! Heck, I even tried out a phone before I bought it!
Old 26th February 2016, 17:34   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quite Lame. I remember either Nissan or Renault trying this once earlier, termed "experience centre". It failed so miserably that I haven't seen even one till date.
Here's a link
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...showrooms.html

Probably a result of unspent budget allotted to the marketing department by Hyundai, finally being spent on something utterly useless just for sake of using it up.

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 26th February 2016 at 17:37.
Old 26th February 2016, 17:38   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Although this is not intended for only the premium cars, with the focus on customer experience, technology and highly trained advisers, the overall concept seems very similar to what Maruti is attempting with Nexa.
I have a gut feeling they are doing this just to counter the so called 'premium experience' showrooms of NEXA. Afterall they do try to market themselves as premium offering maker in India. May be Hyundai would like to own these showrooms themselves like say a Royal Enfield brand store.

A few such showrooms in every metro might get the high/higher middle mentality interested in their cars and don't feel left out from the new NEXA premium experience
Old 26th February 2016, 17:49   #11
BHPian

Never thought, there is a necessity to copy the paperless showroom concept of Nexa.
The Nexa guys are sitting there in a showroom with nothing to provide to the customer - For every question we ask such as the brochure, price list etc - they say, we will email you. It is very vague from customer point of view.
The TV screens just can serve as advertising boards and nothing else (unless they plan to install huge wall sized-screens).
Now since Hyundai seems to enter this space, let us see what innovation they bring in. Instead of just keeping it as a yet another interior decoration idea, they should make the concept (and thus their investments) good use of it.
hybridpetrol is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks