Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2016, 08:08   #31
BHPian

re: Pasco Motors Gurgaon (Nexa) delivers a 322 km S-Cross as new. EDIT: Amicably Resolved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lokesh View Post
Sorry, what do you mean by 'invited them to do so' ? Do you mean he paid with a cheque mentioning on the backside as "fleece me, I'm an idiot" or " you know what to do next ;-)" ?
By an 'invitation', he probably meant that the buyer made such an impression that he can be cheated.

Think logically. Suppose I'm a seller and I have a defective car in my yard that nobody would want to take after checking it. I have two options, send it back to MSIL for repairs or wait for a naive customer to come up who will take the car.

Now, this fellow doesn't even time to go to the showroom to take delivery of a million rupee car. Wants it delivered like Dominos. What impression does that give the dealer? That this person will most probably not have time to even check the car after buying let alone complain. So let's dump our defective car on him. After all, that makes perfect business sense for them at that moment.

P.S: Not defending Pasco. What they did was unethical. But the buyer too should have been careful. We don't live in a perfect world.
Old 20th March 2016, 08:15   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
I And yes, people who do not take precautions are fools for sure.
I have no idea why you are bashing a poor soul who is looted by Posco. He was being casual but the real fault of delivering a used car is with Posco. This is similar to 'asking for it' logic in sexual crimes.
See boss, this can be stretched endlessly but he was at best being naive, not fool. When we bought our first new car, we simply bought and walked out of showroom with it. No PDI, no mileage, not checking for scratches, nothing. So according to your reasoning, we were also inviting the dealer to loot us.
None of our car buying experience has gone bad till date. If I am not on Team-BHP, even I would take home delivery. Because nothing went wrong, ever.
He will be a fool if he will take his next car as home delivery. This time, he is ignorant, naive whatever you call it.
atnyia is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th March 2016, 09:44   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

No one was bashing the owner in any way. Wrong choice of words there. Don't take it too personal. It is nothing but foolish to take delivery of a car at night at home with 300+ kms on the odometer.

Looking at how Maruti has been refunding thousands to S-Cross owners post the price drop episode I hope this owner is given a new car.
Old 20th March 2016, 15:07   #34
BHPian

Pasco Motors Gurgaon (Nexa) delivers a 322 km S-Cross as new

Latest update on the issue. Pasco Motors Gurgaon (Nexa) delivers a 322 km S-Cross as new. EDIT: Amicably Resolved!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1458466543.898241.jpg

Anyone here who can help him?

Will PM his email id that I have cropped in the pic above since this is a public forum.

Thanks

PS: Mods, can he be given some sort of temporary membership to put his perspective himself here in this forum?

Last edited by 1lokesh : 20th March 2016 at 15:16.
Old 20th March 2016, 15:42   #35
Senior - BHPian

re: Pasco Motors Gurgaon (Nexa) delivers a 322 km S-Cross as new. EDIT: Amicably Resolved!

Firstly, Pasco cannot file a legal suit worth even 2 rupees against Amit if the information he has given here is all correct.

Secondly, Thanks for sending me his number, let me talk to him today and get a technical view of what is going on.
humyum is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th March 2016, 17:25   #36
Senior - BHPian

Reading through the issues, and seeing the photos of the car key, I doubt this car has done only 300+ KM. It must have been driven a lot more, after disconnecting the speedo at that level.

Most of the auto showrooms seem to be owned by politicos or people connected to them. So unless we too are as well connected, it will be extremely difficult to get the matter resolved.
Gansan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2016, 18:48   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Define failure please. Currently 100 0dd Nexa dealers are selling more than 10000 cars a month.

Buyer seems to have very callous attitude towards buying something as important as a car.
NEXA promised a premium experience. They have failed at delivering that. Selling 10000 cars a month is irrelevant. Regular Maruti showrooms too could achieve that easily with the Baleno & S Cross. "Premiumness" was the whole point of NEXA, and the experiences of members are far from that.

Note that I am not saying that the buyer is totally innocent. He should have checked all things properly before accepting that car, no doubt on that. But that doesn't absolve dealership from its misdeeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Reading through the issues, and seeing the photos of the car key, I doubt this car has done only 300+ KM. It must have been driven a lot more, after disconnecting the speedo at that level.
True. I tend to agree with you. The key does seem to be abused a lot.

The latest updates are really disturbing. GTO & other mods, is it possible to verify if Pasco has really served such a legal notice? Would be good to get it verified before responding to it.

Last edited by AkMar : 20th March 2016 at 18:51.
Old 20th March 2016, 19:38   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atnyia View Post
I have no idea why you are bashing a poor soul who is looted by Posco. He was being casual but the real fault of delivering a used car is with Posco. This is similar to 'asking for it' logic in sexual crimes.
See boss, this can be stretched endlessly but he was at best being naive, not fool. When we bought our first new car, we simply bought and walked out of showroom with it. No PDI, no mileage, not checking for scratches, nothing. So according to your reasoning, we were also inviting the dealer to loot us.
None of our car buying experience has gone bad till date. If I am not on Team-BHP, even I would take home delivery. Because nothing went wrong, ever.
He will be a fool if he will take his next car as home delivery. This time, he is ignorant, naive whatever you call it.
Yes, we buy our first car from dealership just like that. But do we get our car delivered at home at middle of the night? I was a similar fool when I bought my first car and paid dearly for my mistake. Only saving grace was it was a second hand car costing me less than a lac. My point is we should not buy anything without inspection where returns are difficult, not even a pen. And that's why I am calling him foolish.

Moreover, I believe this was not his first car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post

Note that I am not saying that the buyer is totally innocent. He should have checked all things properly before accepting that car, no doubt on that. But that doesn't absolve dealership from its misdeeds.
It surely doesn't absolve dealership from it's misdeeds. I hope they get punished for that. In fact, they should have accepted their mistake and compensated the owner in some way. Now they are adding to their crime by threatening the owner now. After this event my next Maruti is not going to be from Pasco for sure.
Old 21st March 2016, 01:34   #39
Senior - BHPian

Pasco Motors Gurgaon (Nexa) delivers a 322 km S-Cross as new

I am reminded of the famous movie 'Khosla ka Ghosla' by the behaviour of the Police.
It's high time we T-Bhpians also show our might by involving the head office or seniors of MSIL from Japan as the Indian employees can be threatened by the Police.
At one thread we are praising MSIL for pro-active approach by MSIL in refunding 90000 for 1.6 S-Cross and here MSIL's silence is deafening.
I also request the owner to post more facts as some link is missing which explains why the dealer is so adamant and over-confident.
How many of us would refuse a delivery by a tired and helpless looking salesman at night 10 PM that too on a flat-bed truck. Even if the owner has accepted it and as soon as he realised the odometer reading he sent a Whatsapp photo to the salesman who in turn accepted the reading.
To avoid such kind of issues which were common few years ago, we had the concept of Demo cars started, so by cross checking with MSIL it could be verified that whether it was a Demo car used for TD or not, but if MSIL could oblige.

Also none of the post has mentioned but I would like to know that, 'What should be the solution or compensation that takes care of this experience?'
Is it perfect repairs of the reverse gear issue + extended warranty + accessories worth Rs. 20000/- + unconditional apology in writing from the Dealer with CC to MSIL.

Last edited by carwatcher : 21st March 2016 at 01:37.
carwatcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2016, 12:24   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
Also none of the post has mentioned but I would like to know that, 'What should be the solution or compensation that takes care of this experience?'
Is it perfect repairs of the reverse gear issue + extended warranty + accessories worth Rs. 20000/- + unconditional apology in writing from the Dealer with CC to MSIL.
That is something only the involved parties can agree on. Maybe we will never get to know the exact terms of settlement as confidentiality would be a precondition. I seriously hope though, MS intervenes and closes this out soon. It can't be good to drag it along unnecessarily. More so, when they have just shown the commitment to customer satisfaction by refunding $$$ to the early adopters of S-Cross.

EDIT:
Regarding the membership issue, till he becomes one, maybe he can drop an email (contact us section). Mods can post that update here on his behalf.

Last edited by Dry Ice : 26th March 2016 at 12:27.
Old 31st March 2016, 15:51   #41
BHPian

any updates on this case? I hope Amit is getting some justice!
Old 2nd April 2016, 09:23   #42
BHPian

Update: the issue has been resolved amicably between both the sides. FB post to this effect is attached below. Of course we will not know the exact solution due to confidentiality clauses in such cases. It's heartening to see that the persistence pays off.
Lot of lessons here for all those planning to buy a new car of whatever make. Check out the PDI checklist in the forum before you head out to spend money on your ride. Cheers

Pasco Motors Gurgaon (Nexa) delivers a 322 km S-Cross as new. EDIT: Amicably Resolved!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1459569111.537368.jpg
1lokesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2016, 09:51   #43
BANNED

Good that the matter has been settled!!

The latest post on FB seems to be too goody goody and something like under pressure.

The same leadership @ Pasco was horrible and the worst according to him and now suddenly they are the best in the dealership. Initially he was strong on not recommending the dealership to anyone and now he is ready to get the right contact point @ Pasco dealership!

Funn but sad that there is not much transparency in the resolution so that we all know what happened and how was it solved. All we can do is speculate!
a4anurag is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2016, 10:35   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Good that the matter has been settled!!

The latest post on FB seems to be too goody goody and something like under pressure.
Agree. Looks like a forced submission. Guess we will never know the real details.

He has mentioned that he 'Hopes to enjoy his SCross', which indicates that he has taken his original car back. If I am not wrong he was fighting against that very situation.
Old 2nd April 2016, 10:40   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
he latest post on FB seems to be too goody goody and something like under pressure.
As much as the original post was intended to defame the dealer and maruthi, its only fitting to post a positive feedback when the owner is satisfied with the outcome.

I dont think there is anything wrong from the dealer or maruti to ask for a post about fixing the issue. They made a mistake, but helped the customer and its only right to post the outcome.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks