Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: How has your Cars24 experience been?
Positive 82 23.43%
Neutral 82 23.43%
Negative 186 53.14%
Voters: 350. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2019, 13:38   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivkumar19 View Post
Hello

I had a 2007 LXI Duo Wagon R 68k KMS done ,I needed a price check on this so visited the CARS24 branch. After checking intensively for a good 1.5 hrs and they came up with an quote of 86 K final rate ,I said thank you but NO .Walked into one of the Maruti showrooms and was offered 1.25 laks for the car and loyalty exchange bonus of 25 k.I had booked an CelerioX AGS so used the same as down payment.
Cars 24 are nothing better than a road-side dealer from the informal markets. The only thing they have is a better evaluation mechanism, which doesnt really translate to a better deal.

They offer the same rate (ball park) as your neighborhood broker, plus they consume more time for doing the same.

My experience with two evaluations was very very disappointing. They assessed my Mint Condition 2014 December Honda City VX (O) CVT with sunroof at less than 5 lakhs (I am second owner). The roadside broker had given me a quote of 5.5 lakhs. The only reason why I will sell at Cars 24 is, if I am leaving the country in next 7 days and not coming back for next 2 years atleast. (when I cant afford to wait, cant risk a buyer who wont transfer)
2000rpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2019, 16:37   #182
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
The only reason why I will sell at Cars 24 is, if I am leaving the country in next 7 days and not coming back for next 2 years atleast. (when I cant afford to wait, cant risk a buyer who wont transfer)
What is it that Cars24 would do that an individual can't?
Old 3rd May 2019, 19:48   #183
BHPian

Re: Experience: Selling my car to Cars24.com

I have found Cars24 to be an absolute waste of time, even if you are in a hurry to sell the car. They take a long time to evaluate the car and then quote a price that is more than 10% below what any dealer would give you. The gap is more glaring if you are ready to talk to individual buyers yourself.
My 6 year old Rapid was evaluated to fetch a measly 4.5L in Cars24, and I eventually sold it personally for 5.6L a few days later. Fortunately managed to find a knowledgeable and clean buyer who ensured the transfer was done properly.
Another problem with individual buyers is the prevalence of black money and cash deals, which is problem for salaried class who don't know how to handle black money .
If wanting to avoid the hassle of dealing with buyers, it is much better to go to company owned used car outlets like Toyota U-trust or the like.
nma83 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 23:25   #184
BHPian

I had a not so great experience with Cars24. At the outset, the salesperson talks about auction and how they provide a fair value. However, after a detailed inspection of my 2010 ford figo titanium model (done 45,000 km), they did some stunt of asking for otp and then offered me a quote of Rs.1.5 lakhs which they increased to Rs 1.6 lakhs right there. I rejected it outright and published the ads on olx and few other sites. After a few days, they called and increased their offer to 1.9 lacs in steps. By now, I was fed up with their stunts and told them to get lost. Finally, sold it to an individual at Rs 2 lakhs.
civic-dk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2019, 11:03   #185
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirst4torque View Post
Sold my 2007 96K run Swift VDI at Cars24.com outlet in Mysore. The experience was over all smooth. Additional technicality for me was that since I am out of country and the car was on my name, I had to sign and send all the forms back home. However, they had very clearly provided all the information about how many copies of which forms were needed. So that part went smooth.

Where did you get these forms which are to be signed? Are they available on the website? Are you able to upload the form templates here, or maybe send them across to me?

We have a 2006 Ikon we are looking to sell, but not being in India, will have to go through the same trouble with regards to signing the forms, etc. To add to the trouble, the car is now in a different state, as compared to the original state of registration.
Old 10th May 2019, 01:48   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Where did you get these forms which are to be signed? Are they available on the website? Are you able to upload the form templates here, or maybe send them across to me?
Sure, here is the list of forms they asked to fill and sign using Blue ink

RTO Docs:
Authorisation letter: 1 copy
NOC/CC: 1 copy
Insurance transfer: 1 copy
Form 28: 4 copies
Form 29: 3 copies
Form 30: 3 copies
Form 26: 2 copies
Form 33: 2 copies
Form 35: 4 copies (only if the vehicle is hypothecated)

Cancelled cheque image

2 attested aadhar card copies of authorised signatory or customer
4 attested Pan card copies of authorised signatory or customer
2 photo graph of authorised signatory or customer
Attached Files
File Type: pdf form33.pdf (32.3 KB, 103 views)
File Type: pdf form26.pdf (35.0 KB, 82 views)
File Type: pdf RTO formset.pdf (3.31 MB, 276 views)
thirst4torque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2019, 04:45   #187
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirst4torque View Post
Sure, here is the list of forms they asked to fill and sign using Blue ink

RTO Docs:
Authorisation letter: 1 copy
NOC/CC: 1 copy
Insurance transfer: 1 copy
Form 28: 4 copies
Form 29: 3 copies
Form 30: 3 copies
Form 26: 2 copies
Form 33: 2 copies
Form 35: 4 copies (only if the vehicle is hypothecated)

Cancelled cheque image

2 attested aadhar card copies of authorised signatory or customer
4 attested Pan card copies of authorised signatory or customer
2 photo graph of authorised signatory or customer
Thanks a lot, that's really helpful. I shall get in touch with you for further info, as required.
Old 10th May 2019, 09:52   #188
BANNED

My daughter went to Cars24 and was given a valuation of 1L plus, when they went they were offered 78k. So the walked out and used the normal broker channel.

My son's City AVN was sitting with me. They wanted to take it to Lucknow, so I used my old broker and sold it within eight hours.
sgiitk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th May 2019, 18:35   #189
BANNED

Since sold my son's AVN for 3.,5L without insurance. After our daughter's experience I did not wiSh to contact Cars24 any further.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2019, 16:28   #190
BHPian

Have a question on insurance. I am planning to sell my car to Cars24 or OLX however car insurance is valid only for 2 more weeks. Is this a problem? Should I renew the insurance and then sell?
Old 4th June 2019, 23:08   #191
Senior - BHPian

Cars 24 is the worst thing that has happened to prospective new car customers! Since their quotations are the lowest in the industry, most of the new car dealers quote them for buyback or exchange schemes.

The days when new car dealers used to offer great value on the old car is gone!
Old 5th June 2019, 00:02   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
Have a question on insurance. I am planning to sell my car to Cars24 or OLX however car insurance is valid only for 2 more weeks. Is this a problem? Should I renew the insurance and then sell?
I sold my Ignis thru OLX Cash my Car, do look them up. It was a superb experience, from valuation to recieving my payment thru IMPS it took approximately 4 hours.

Why spend more money on a car you are about to sell. Probably they will factor this in your valuation anyways.

Since they are relatively new, OLX does not charge any commission I was told. Cars 24 charges anything from 15 thousand rupees upwards.

All the best.

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 5th June 2019 at 00:05. Reason: Adding text
Cyborg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2019, 15:26   #193
Senior - BHPian

While i sense most of the sentiments here is related to not getting the best price, can those who have successfully sold their cars please comment on the ownership transfer process etc ?

Any hassles here or delays in selling the cars through online portals ? I would like to have a fuss free deal over few thousands
Old 25th June 2019, 09:56   #194
Distinguished - BHPian

Cars24 Outlet: Kalyani Nagar, Pune

Experience: Neutral

Details: I took up an appointment for an afternoon session over the weekend; and an advisor took my details immediately as I landed at the place. The (test) mechanic/driver takes the car on a short test drive around the place, with you in the passenger seat (they ask you to get in) and evaluate the car's driving capabilities as well as the electricals and inside accessories. Later the mechanic opens up the bonnet and does a set of checks they call a 150-point check. Another executive in parallel starts taking pictures of the car from all directions. The whole process takes around 30 - 40 minutes; after which you are informed about the auction process and the next steps.

The team creates a detailed photo supported assessment report; but the report although detailed and well structured is very much dependent on the condition of your car during the 40 minute evaluation. Past history and ownership experiences - all goes out of the window. High importance given to nicks and dents and scratches on the vehicle through photos; as well as the mechanic's assessment during that short period.

The report is sent for an auction to a potential set of buyers that include 3rd party resellers, corporate drivers (organizations), commercial vehicle associations and businesses that are looking for used cars,who are looking for a good deal to either turn around the car and resell it at a much higher price or use it for their commercial operations. Individual buyers are definitely not part of this group.

Pricing: Average at most. You'll get bottom dollar if your car is a non-Maruti/Honda/Tata/Hyundai; no clarity on brand based pricing. Negotiation is possible and dependent on your capabilities as well as the re-selling capabilities of your car. If any of the buying parties give a quote, they reach out to you within an hour and ask you to come down and do the final 'negotiations'. Cars24 takes a commission bite basis the final price of the car; 1000 INR for <5L, 3000 INR for 5L<car<10L; and onwards. RTO transfer charges are an additional 1000Rs if hypothecation exists on the car. If in that case, 90% of the final price will be transferred immediately and rest to be done once NOC is obtained by their team from the bank.

Plus Points:
+ They ask you to join in the test drive
+ No aggressive test-driving, route is across city lanes
+ Quick process with minimal confusion
+ Car is very well maintained throughout the validation process for mutual benefit perspective
+ No aggressive over-selling throughout the process, very professional and polite personnel

Negatives:
- No car wash offered or done before the evaluation process
- No importance is given to service history; I had an entire catalog of my service reports and parts changes; when asked was told they get "service records" directly
- No prior information is given to the owners on what is required for the assessment report that would impact their assessment report (both keys are to be carried, insurance copy required)
- No questions asked on past accidents, or parts changed
- The assessment is extremely individual-opinion-based without any diagnosis or analysis; I saw the final report that said "steering felt hard", "loud sound from the engine", "black smoke". It didn't even acknowledge known issues (like the failed injectors in pre-2012 Ventos)
- Excessive importance given to scratches and nicks; I got the feeling that the price quotation is driven strongly by this. A badly driven and improperly serviced car but with minimal exterior scratches or dents would easily get a much better valuation than a properly driven and serviced car but with scratches and dents
- The advisor was aware of Team-BHP, but gave no other importance than that
- On sale confirmation, the user has to sign all the forms with just a delivery note. When asked on visibility on the transfer, a generic response is provided about a 90 day period and a full commitment from them to honor that. Zero visibility till then on the post-sale transfer of the vehicle

My Verdict: My experiences at Ola and Cars24 was more or less exactly similar with a few minor things done better at Ola. Both places gave me the exact same quote, which possibly meant that Ola has more or less managed to get the full set of (Cars24) buyers for their auction process.

One can try them out to get a bottom dollar price to base future conversations with individual buyers. Or one can try to bargain hard and close the deal with them for a quick, no-nonsense and immediate sale. One can walk out after selling the car within 24 hours with the payment transferred. If you are going to them for a quote, give your car a good wash, and try to rectify as much as of the exterior problems in your car before you go to them.

I did not go ahead with Cars24.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 25th June 2019 at 10:04.
ninjatalli is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th June 2019, 10:51   #195
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
While i sense most of the sentiments here is related to not getting the best price, can those who have successfully sold their cars please comment on the ownership transfer process etc ?

Any hassles here or delays in selling the cars through online portals ? I would like to have a fuss free deal over few thousands
Close to two years now and the car is still in my name with these twerps.
Take a bit of headache yourself, because these guys are a migraine.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks