Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: How has your Cars24 experience been?
Positive 82 23.43%
Neutral 82 23.43%
Negative 186 53.14%
Voters: 350. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2019, 23:33   #211
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Experience: Selling my car to Cars24.com

We approached Cars24 last year when we planned to sell our 2017 Kwid. Cars24's best price was 2.2 lakhs whereas we sold it through OLX for 3.3.

Cars24, I feel, works just like a dealer where you are low balled. Good thing about OLX is you get direct buyers (but 10 times more time pass buyers).
v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2019, 09:56   #212
BHPian

My vote is negative, based on my experience while selling my Jazz last year.

Cars24 has only 1 plus (from my POV) - Very polite staff. Not the intimidating, sly and almost-goon like guys at regular used car dealerships.
Another possible plus can be maybe they appear more honest/clean than the alternative - upfront list of timelines and charges involved, all white transactions etc.

On everything else they aren't any better. Extreme low-ball quotes, no punctuality, and no firm commitment when the RC will be transferred to new buyers name.

I'd be happy to use them just to avoid the regular used car showrooms, but they'll need to improve their quotes.

cheers
lazy
lazy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2019, 10:24   #213
BHPian

I wanted to sell my 5 year old Sx4 ZDI and the online quote from Cars 24 was 3.5L, visited their store for evaluation and they asked me to come back the next day. Did not bother to go back again so my experience with Cars24 was limited. Finally I sold my car within a week through OLX for 4.5L.
bullet-tooth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2019, 11:13   #214
BHPian

Sold our Santro 2016 model over the weekend, and my experience is exactly this.

Was offered a lower value in the initial discussion after auction, which was firmly rejected. The offer was increased by the next day by 30%. Got it appraised by Maruti true value and a couple of other resellers, and felt that the offer I have received from cars24 is the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebanaff View Post
-I got a better price than from anywhere else I had tried over 2 weeks (including TBHP Classifieds, OLX, personal contacts, and a broker). So my conclusion is that if you want to get your car off your hands ASAP, they will give you a fair deal. Not necessarily a great deal, but fair nonetheless. And you can haggle with them for 1-2% increase on the initial quote.

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd September 2019 at 21:24. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
Old 19th August 2019, 17:47   #215
BHPian

I come across so many commercials of cars24.com everyday in print and over TV. They claim to buy so many cars everyday. I really wonder where do they sell all those cars. I don't see any "buy car" tab on the website.
Old 19th August 2019, 17:51   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolathalye View Post
I come across so many commercials of cars24.com everyday in print and over TV. They claim to buy so many cars everyday. I really wonder where do they sell all those cars. I don't see any "buy car" tab on the website.
That's because they sell only to their registered used car dealers through auction and that's their business model. It's not a typical buy &/or sell portal.
the_skyliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2019, 12:47   #217
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally, after selling my car to cars24 in July of 2017, finally the RC has been changed to reflect the sale. It has been, would you believe it, 2 and a quarter years!!!!

And enlightening and avoidable experience. In total, approximately 100 mails have been exchanged with the agents and the CEO. Also, 3 visits to different offices, and so many phone calls.

The plague, it is, and to be avoided as such.
mayankk is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2019, 18:46   #218
Senior - BHPian

I had a call from them and just to test the waters I told them I wanted to sell a 15 years old Zen. A visit was scheduled, but the morning of the visit the guy called up, asked for details of the car and suggested that I try to sell it myself since they would invariably offer a lower price for the car, considering its age and mileage.

Neutral so far. They were polite and professional. Saved me the hassle of making a visit that would be in vain.
honeybee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2019, 19:29   #219
Senior - BHPian

I've voted Positive as I just let go of my 14 year old Elantra GLS this evening courtesy Cars 24, Besant Nagar, Chennai. I fixed an appointment on Wed, 9th, Oct, 2019 and reached there at around 4 pm and the car was given a thorough check and a thumbs up and they started speaking with prospective clients. This evening (13-10-2019, Sunday) I sealed the deal and the money was transferred to my account as I sat there in their office and they gave me a delivery note. I was a fairly smooth process. I would go to them again.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2019, 20:03   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
Definitely take this issue up with them but to save your self from any trouble, make sure to spend some bucks to renew the 3rd party insurance.

But don't bet on that only, send them some harsh worded notice to transfer the RC asap or compensate you for renewal of 3rd party insurance (in case they are yet to actually find a buyer).
They didn't respond at all to anything (emails/calls etc.). I even tried to reach out through b-school alumni network, but no luck. I renewed the third-party insurance anyway. But this brings the car's net selling price by that much :-(

The car is still unsold downstream. It will be a year in November.
Old 13th October 2019, 21:16   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Bumping up.

I sold my car to Cars24 back in December 2018. Even today (7 months on) I find they have not done the RC transfer.

Attachment 1899247

Should I be worried about this? What are my options? They have paid me the full amount.
Since you have delivery note, I think there's no need to be worried.
Old 13th October 2019, 21:35   #222
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Bumping up.

I sold my car to Cars24 back in December 2018. Even today (7 months on) I find they have not done the RC transfer.

Attachment 1899247

Should I be worried about this? What are my options? They have paid me the full amount.
Do what I did. Start mailing them, monthly basis. Maintain a email trail. The car is at a dealer, undergoing test rides and what not. You will really have to get on their behinds to make it quicker.
Old 9th November 2019, 13:25   #223
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I had my 2011 model Yeti Elegance evaluated at OLX Cashmycar yesterday by going to the nearby outlet and by Cars24 today by having a home inspection done.

The process is fine and they are reasonably professional. They do take time to
Inspect and stuff.

But end of the day, being dealers, and dependent on the franchisee network, the kind of third rate low ball offers they give are downright insulting!

Considering the way I have maintained and cared for the car (only at the authorised service centre), never stinting on expenditure towards upkeep and the fact that just in August 2019 I spent some 60,000 Rupees changing the front discs and timing tensioner, water pump and battery etc along with its standard service (simply because it is getting on for 8 years of age). I mean even its clutch is perfect and it is the original clutch!

Its deeply irritating when these dealers and seller platforms have absolutely NO respect for the way the vehicle is kept and the type and profile of owner!

I want to sell the Yeti only because I now wish to go for a AT small luxury hatch.

Im now wondering what to do.

I will put an ad in Team BHP and if someone here wants it they can take it with my blessing for a fair price.

Atleast it will go to a good home.

I love that car. Hate to part with it.

But daily traffic pain and low usage are forcing me to go Automatic now after all these years!
Experience: Selling my car to Cars24.com-imageuploadedbyteambhp1573285752.411308.jpg
shankar.balan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th November 2019, 03:09   #224
Senior - BHPian

The offers are insulting, but they sell third grade cars at unrealistic price. I could not find any car worth its price in their inventory.
Old 10th November 2019, 08:05   #225
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
The offers are insulting, but they sell third grade cars at unrealistic price. I could not find any car worth its price in their inventory.

So given what you have just stated above,
does this go to mean that people like me who felt very upset at their cheap low ball offers, end up selling their cars privately or to someone else?
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks