Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships


View Poll Results: How has your Cars24 experience been?
Positive 17 18.89%
Neutral 24 26.67%
Negative 49 54.44%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2017, 11:48   #76
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 5,276
Thanked: 2,546 Times
Question Re: Experience: Selling my car to Cars24.com

Reading the owners selling experiences on this thread, I realized that the feeling is mixed, rather negative as seen on the poll results. One thing which constantly pesters me is the actual transfer of the RC and the Insurance ownership. I have never been a fan of selling a car to dealers as I myself have sold 2 cars to known acquaintances which made the transfer process assured and smooth.

Submitting the Form 29,30, delivery note & Insurance paper is one thing but handing over original RC is what troubles me. It is a known fact that unless the ownership transfer happens, the responsibility of the car still lies with the original owner. Same goes to the Insurance also. Having that liability over one self till the website or used car dealer finds an owner for the car is one thing I cannot live with. There have been numerous instances where the cars have been known to indulge in illegal activities when the ownership transfer is pending and original owners have been questioned regarding the same.

So a question to all BHPians who sold their car on the websites/used car dealers, how does one ensure the liability is dealt with?

Mods: If this topic is irrelevant to the thread subject, please feel free to move to an appropriate thread or delete the post.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 13:00   #77
BHPian
 
skchettry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Mumbai/Oman
Posts: 46
Thanked: 79 Times
Default Re: Experience: Selling my car to Cars24.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Cars will be held by cars24.com until the buyer completes RTO transfer formalities and pays them. So, NK gave me some reassurance that in the period of time that a dealer holds a car still technically registered to me but being used by the dealer, has reduced risk. Not sure how this works.
It will be interesting to know what are the legal implications during the time interval when the car having been sold off but RC still in the name of the seller and the car meets with an accident. How is the seller protected here?
skchettry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 13:22   #78
BHPian
 
ashishy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: MH02
Posts: 155
Thanked: 58 Times
Default Re: Experience: Selling my car to Cars24.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by skchettry View Post
It will be interesting to know what are the legal implications during the time interval when the car having been sold off but RC still in the name of the seller and the car meets with an accident. How is the seller protected here?
I got a signed and stamped document that the car has been handed over to cars24
ashishy is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2018, 22:38   #79
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 111
Thanked: 53 Times
Smile Re: Experience: Selling my car to Cars24.com

Taking a cue from here, i visited them today here in Bangalore with my 7yr old Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 MJD Active. The car is HR registered and road-tax paid here. The car has clocked 113,000 kms so far. It still is a great drive, but with a larger family we are planning for a bigger car.

Since the time I bought this car, mom moved in with me, I got married & now blessed with two lovely kids. So, planning for a Hexa!

Now, when I reached there today and had a discussion with the guys was really disappointed with the offer. At best, it would be 1.5Lakhs.

Wanted to check, if the prices offered by them are typically lower or it can be negotiated further?
Thumping Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2018, 23:08   #80
BHPian
 
ashishy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: MH02
Posts: 155
Thanked: 58 Times
Default Re: Experience: Selling my car to Cars24.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumping Soul View Post
Now, when I reached there today and had a discussion with the guys was really disappointed with the offer. At best, it would be 1.5Lakhs.

Wanted to check, if the prices offered by them are typically lower or it can be negotiated further?
Was your car put up for auction? Who gave you the offer?

Everything is negotiable but in the case of Cars24, they will offer to put your car up for auction again to see if they get a higher bid. This is your only hope to get a better price.

How much are you expecting really? From my point of view, dealers might shy away from bidding on your car because
1. It's a Fiat
2. High running
3. Variant, if it's base

Dealers bid for cars that will be a quick flip for them. Otherwise it adds up to their inventory and hence costs. So, this affects the final offer you get.

I'm just presenting facts from my experience with them. No offence meant.
ashishy is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2018, 09:58   #81
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 111
Thanked: 53 Times
Default Re: Experience: Selling my car to Cars24.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishy View Post
Was your car put up for auction? Who gave you the offer?

Everything is negotiable but in the case of Cars24, they will offer to put your car up for auction again to see if they get a higher bid. This is your only hope to get a better price.

How much are you expecting really? From my point of view, dealers might shy away from bidding on your car because
1. It's a Fiat
2. High running
3. Variant, if it's base

Dealers bid for cars that will be a quick flip for them. Otherwise it adds up to their inventory and hence costs. So, this affects the final offer you get.

I'm just presenting facts from my experience with them. No offence meant.
First of all, there's nothing to be offended about! You presented the facts very objectively.

Well, yeah. My car ticks all those boxes - Lowest Variant, High Running (1lakh km+) & its a Fiat.

No they haven't put it for auction yet. I refused to go further with the process when they quoted the possible offer.

I'm a novice at this, but i was expecting somewhere around 1.8 - 2lakhs for it. I'm now contemplating going the Olx route.
Thumping Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2018, 10:26   #82
BHPian
 
ashishy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: MH02
Posts: 155
Thanked: 58 Times
Default Re: Experience: Selling my car to Cars24.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumping Soul View Post
First of all, there's nothing to be offended about! You presented the facts very objectively.

Well, yeah. My car ticks all those boxes - Lowest Variant, High Running (1lakh km+) & its a Fiat.

No they haven't put it for auction yet. I refused to go further with the process when they quoted the possible offer.

I'm a novice at this, but i was expecting somewhere around 1.8 - 2lakhs for it. I'm now contemplating going the Olx route.
Nothing can beat selling by yourself using olx/Tbhp/quickr if you have patience and time

I personally went to Cars24 twice just because I did not want to spend time and energy. They are hassle free, quick and transparent but yes, the offer can be depressing. My good condition palio went for 18k only, but I was not happy with quotes from dealers either and classified response was negligible.
ashishy is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2018, 10:32   #83
Senior - BHPian
 
deehunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,294
Thanked: 1,068 Times
Default Re: Experience: Selling my car to Cars24.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by skchettry View Post
It will be interesting to know what are the legal implications during the time interval when the car having been sold off but RC still in the name of the seller and the car meets with an accident. How is the seller protected here?
The seller has a protection only if CC is issued for a change of ownership. It is a clearance certificate to be provided by the first owner to the new owner subject to verification by the RTO. Generally, it takes 2 weeks in Bangalore if there is no vehicle loan. If there is a vehicle loan, you have to get the HP cancellation first and then approach for CC. I went through this rare and unique scenario in 2016, luckily the CC was issued 2 days before the accident. The second owner did not get the insurance and had to pay from his pocket.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2018, 17:12   #84
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 403
Thanked: 161 Times
Default Re: Experience: Selling my car to Cars24.com

Today used cars24 service to sell my skoda superb. I was appreciative of the process followed and the speed at which it was done. I reached their office at 1:00pm and at 4:45pm the entire sale amount was credited to my account.

There was one point i did not like and perhaps they need to improve on. When the auction was over the person coordinating with me said that the price the auction closed was 3.60 and that there was a deduction of 1000 and i would get 3.59. I agreed to that then when the final documents were being signed, there was one document i singed for the payment of 1000 Rs. but in the summary document, the final bid price was shown as 3.65 and amount to be paid was 3.59. When i asked about it, he said that it was because it was an outstation bid (from pune) and that 5000 was a deduction for outstation transfer charges and he had missed the outstation part earlier. I did not see any documentation on this.

So net net an ok experience i guess and i would still go to them simple for the convinience of the entire process.

I had also used the service of Indiabluebook aka mahindra first choice and was disappointed with their service. The best offer they made as 2.0.
jinu_joseph is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2018, 07:42   #85
Distinguished - BHPian
 
drmohitg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 4,689
Thanked: 4,253 Times
Default Re: Experience: Selling my car to Cars24.com

I was just browsing the prices for my Toyota Altis 2011 model, diesel. There is a huge difference between what cars24 is quoting and what OBV/TBHP calculator is suggesting. Cars24 says around 3.8-4.3L and OBV says 6.5-7L. And I know for a fact that in this case OBV is more close to the real world figure. I am surprised that to see that they will try to low ball by this huge a margin for a Corolla Altis.
drmohitg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2018, 15:55   #86
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: Experience: Selling my car to Cars24.com

I sold my 2002 Maruti Zen @ Cars24 here is my experience.

I called Cars 24 told them I want to sell my car. My RC had expired a month before. They told me they will buy the car at scrap price since the RC is expired.

I got a new RC done from the Indira Nagar RTO, valid for 5 more years.

I went to a local dealer, he gave me a quote of 73k. Looked up online, received a quote of 79k-105k from Cars 24.

I booked an appointment got a date and time as per the convenience.

Went to the Domlur branch office, I was received well, the mechanic did the inspection. They asked me to wait 20 min while the Auction was going on. I looked at their car inspection report, I thought my car was undervalued.

The manager told me highest quote for my car is 69k and asked my if he should initiate the process. Having read the other Cars24 experiences on this forum I told him I will not sell it under 85k. He said he could try for 75k. I told him, I already have an offer for 85k (not true).

Had to wait for another 20 min. Finished the deal at 85k. Money was transferred to my account in 36hours.

Overall very good experience, on hindsight I feel I could have negotiated for bit higher price.
MoonRunner is offline   (12) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2018, 22:57   #87
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 403
Thanked: 161 Times
Default Re: Experience: Selling my car to Cars24.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinu_joseph View Post
Today used cars24 service to sell my skoda superb. I was appreciative of the process followed and the speed at which it was done. I reached their office at 1:00pm and at 4:45pm the entire sale amount was credited to my account.

There was one point i did not like and perhaps they need to improve on. When the auction was over the person coordinating with me said that the price the auction closed was 3.60 and that there was a deduction of 1000 and i would get 3.59. I agreed to that then when the final documents were being signed, there was one document i singed for the payment of 1000 Rs. but in the summary document, the final bid price was shown as 3.65 and amount to be paid was 3.59. When i asked about it, he said that it was because it was an outstation bid (from pune) and that 5000 was a deduction for outstation transfer charges and he had missed the outstation part earlier. I did not see any documentation on this.

So net net an ok experience i guess and i would still go to them simple for the convinience of the entire process.

I had also used the service of Indiabluebook aka mahindra first choice and was disappointed with their service. The best offer they made as 2.0.
Today got a mail from Cars24 confirming that the transfer of registration pertaining to this car i sold through them has been done. I appreciate this service. Nice of them to ensure this and send confirmation on the same.
jinu_joseph is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2018, 14:36   #88
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 7
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Re: Experience: Selling my car to Cars24.com

I am from Pune and I sold my Santro Xing XLS model of 2007 to Cars24 last week. My overall experience from Cars24 is that they are not as transparent as they show in their adverts.

Appointment: I booked my car appointment for Saturday morning 11 AM. At 10:30 AM the person from the branch called me to confirm if I am coming. He asked me to bring the documents too. Also, I got a reminder call from Cars24 customer care the previous day to visit the branch.

I went there at 11:00 AM, they checked me in at 11:07 AM. After that nothing happened for 45 minutes. The dealer at the branch kept telling me to wait for 5 minutes as another car was getting inspected. Finally they took my car for inspection at 12 PM after I made some fuss about waiting too long.

Inspection: The mechanic inspected my car for around half an hour and found everything good. It was less of inspection and more time was spent in clicking photos of the car. He submitted his inspection report in the system but they didn't show me the report even after I asked them for it. The dealer at cars24 then put my car for auction. The dealer said that I will get to see the offer price after half an hour.

Auction: After half an hour, he shows me the inspection report of my Santro car. The mechanic couldn't find any problem in my car as I had got the service done just 2 days back. So he said that the car tyres will need to change and that will cost Rs 24000 for refurbishment. Also, since the car is second owner (My father passed away last year and I got the car transferred to my mother) there is a further deduction in value of Rs. 6000. So a car that initially was valued at 85K by them was valued at Rs. 50K. But the average offers received in auction were Rs. 73500 and the best offer was Rs. 79,000. I took the offer as I wanted to sell the car.


Selling: After I accepted the offer, he printed some documents. I got the documents signed and opted for immediate payment. I got the payment within half an hour. The overall process took almost 3 hours because I had to wait for an hour in the beginning.
One more thing that they don't tell you on their website/emails is that they charge Rs. 1000 for immediate payment and a service fee ranging from Rs. 1000 to Rs. 5000.

The dealer was good and friendly and their branch was well furnished and decorated. I would recommend cars24 if you want immediate money, or if you don't want to go through the process of selling in open market. I didn't want to give test drives to strangers, negotiating with many people, do the RC transfer etc.and hence I chose cars24. But they try to undervalue your car and I feel the process could be more transparent.
darkcloud84 is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2018, 17:00   #89
BHPian
 
Nonstop-driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Noida
Posts: 570
Thanked: 568 Times
Default Re: Experience: Selling my car to Cars24.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I was just browsing the prices for my Toyota Altis 2011 model, diesel. There is a huge difference between what cars24 is quoting and what OBV/TBHP calculator is suggesting. Cars24 says around 3.8-4.3L and OBV says 6.5-7L. And I know for a fact that in this case OBV is more close to the real world figure. I am surprised that to see that they will try to low ball by this huge a margin for a Corolla Altis.
I had a similar experience. OBV suggested more than real life prices. Cars24/ dealers/ Olx were much below the OBV suggested value. Ultimately I accepted this fact and settled with the dealer's offer along with some exchange bonus.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2018, 21:23   #90
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: BLR
Posts: 426
Thanked: 40 Times
Default Re: Experience: Selling my car to Cars24.com

Had a fantastic experience selling my Ford Figo Tdci to cars24. Having driven over 1,00,000 kms I had very low expectations on resale. Honda dealer quote was abysmally low. However the positive aspect was they suggested cars24.

I had to return for new appt due to not carrying originals. Once the evaluation test drive and details upload happened, my car went for auction.

Cars24 folks gave me most recent Ford Figo auction price which was around the dealer quote. Fingers crossed waited for the auction process.

There were 100+ bidding and final bid was 21% higher. There was also a cash back 10K offer if accepted same and final price was 28% above dealer quote.

Accepted the bid and gave the car away. They charge 3K fees. Cash back was credited 10days later.

The evaluation process itself is very detailed and the amount of data uploaded about the car for bidding feels really good and happy that bidders get unbiased view and everything is exposed black and white.

The staff at cars24 were very cordial and entire time spent at their office was really really good. This is RR nagar center.

Since I had already booked my Honda, I was happy to let go of old car when decent offer came across.

Am told they would email copy of RC post transfer to new owner. Till then indemnity letter would do. They would call for RTO if signature mismatch happens. I was not sure what I had signed during purchase.

Last edited by ownerofazkaban : 18th May 2018 at 21:30. Reason: More data
ownerofazkaban is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bajaj Saffire - Booking, Buying, Owning, Riding and Selling Experience; all in one rajeev k Motorbikes 8 21st November 2012 23:11
Advice needed on Buying new car and selling the old car Mi10 Sedans 57 14th June 2010 20:43
Reva Electric Car is the highest selling electric car in the world navdeep The Indian Car Scene 29 23rd June 2007 20:21
Selling a car- Peculiar Deal - Need help!!! ulytel Shifting gears 11 28th August 2006 13:50
Selling my car - what would be a fair price johy Shifting gears 10 31st March 2006 19:33


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:50.

Copyright 2000 - 2018, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks