Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2016, 11:05   #16
BHPian

Re: Terminated! Fahrenheit Skoda dealership @ Delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by polestar2016 View Post
Sorry for the delay in updating my situation. I was really busy in sorting out the mess I had got myself into. Thankfully I managed to get out of it but the dealer seems intent on creating issues for my car registration.
He says since the car is financed hence registration has to be done through the dealer. Is this correct?
The other problem I have is that I only have soft copies of the necessary docs required for registration viz Form 21,22, Tax invoice etc. hence can't do it myself.

the original docs are enroute from Mumbai (couriered). Expected on Monday 16th.

Another odd thing he said was that car registration, road tax payment was all done in cash at Delhi RTO, Is this true?

Appreciate any quick replies.
1) The registration does not need to be done through the dealer. You can get it done yourself. Would take a bit of toil though. You'd also save on some agent fees if you do undertake the effort.
I'm not sure though, if in the present situation where the dealership is facing issues, you should get it done through them. They are liable to provide you all necessary documents.
2) The Registration will be all cash I assume. I recently had a car registered in Haryana (Sonepat) so I paid cash there. Must be similar in all RTOs.
ajindal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2017, 15:13   #17
BHPian

Re: Terminated! Fahrenheit Skoda dealership @ Delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks for sharing, Shady_Lawyer!

I'm very surprised with:

1. Skoda letting go of a dealer so easily. Their network is anyway small and it's difficult to get new dealers. But maybe, in Delhi (a large market), it won't be as tough to find a replacement.

2. The language used! It's RUDE. How can Skoda say that it isn't responsible for whatever the dealer does? End of the day, people buy into the manufacturer's brand or the car built by it, not the dealership. Till as long as Fahrenheit was a Skoda dealer, Skoda is indeed responsible. They could have instead said "going forward, you may deal with Fahrenheit at your own risk', but this is inappropriate.

Hi,
This thread is dead now, but for information sake,
Fahrenheit underwent through a huge audit and the results were shockingly scary of the frauds which had happened by their RM/GM etc. (Inside news which i had got to know then)

The amount was even more shocking.
And usage of aftermarket parts from Kashmiri gate n all was heavily encouraged instead of original Skoda parts.

Hence, Skoda probably washed their hands of them.

PS: This is what happens when the dealerships owners don't pay attention at the ground level.
crashoverride9x is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks