Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2016, 13:46   #1
BHPian

Which VW dealer in Bangalore: Apple Auto, Palace Cross or Elite Motors?

Fellow BHPians,

With a wide grin, I can now confirm that we will be booking our car today or tomorrow based on what the dealer can offer, after lot of discussions we finally zeroed down VW polo Diesel Comfortline Variant.

I have visited both Apple Auto Whitefield and VW palace cross Rajaji Nagar, TD'd the car and received final offers from them.

Apple Auto : I have been in touch with them for over 3 months now and the followups from them has been decent, whenever there is an offer they inform me and followup regularly, Nothing to regret

VW Palace Cross : Well, yesterday was the first time I visited the place, the experience was just amazing, the SA took real good care and took time to explain about the car features and offered TD first before talking numbers. Once that is done, he called up his manager who was generous enough to inquire about my usage so suggest whether it should be petrol vs Diesel(none of this at Apple Auto), I am very much inclined towards palace cross, and they have the car ready.

But, here is my problem :

1) What's the downside of buying a car from one showroom and servicing it at another ?
2) Apple auto is less than 3Kms from my house so it actually makes sense to buy and service at the same showroom
3) Palace cross doesn't have a service area included, its at a different location, so i might end up going to Apple Auto for regular services

I pitted the offers given against each other and now have the same deal from both the dealers (will try for more) except that VW Palace cross has the car ready

What should i do ?

Here is the offer details from both the dealers

OTR for VW Polo Diesel Comfortline RED (NM) : 9,10,000 (includes 35K disc, 6k Disc on Insurance, 2K B2B along with free mudflaps and Floor Mats) excluding extended Warranty(will take it later)

Cheers
Kishore

Note from Mod: Post edited. Please capitalize the first letter of a sentence, and use spaces after punctuation marks. Do see this thread for more info.

Last edited by Rehaan : 4th May 2016 at 18:44. Reason: Please see the note added in your post.
Old 4th May 2016, 13:56   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Volkswagen - Apple Auto or Palace Cross? Buy from one dealer & service at another?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishore1984 View Post

Fellow BHPians,

what should i do ?
Hey Kishore, first off welcome onboard Team BHP

I bought my GT from VW Palace Cross and ever since have only serviced it from Apple Auto in Whitefield as it is closest to my work. So don't worry about such trivial things, which are not even applicable.

In fact, a VW car bought from any authorised reseller in India will be serviced by all authorised VW Service centres in India,.. no strings attached here buddy.

P.S - I am sure you have worked out all possible finance options before arriving at the Comfortline TDI, but personally I would suggest you to stretch a bit and go for the Highline, which offers a much better Bang for Buck!!

Last edited by Vik0728 : 4th May 2016 at 13:58.
Vik0728 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 13:56   #3
Senior - BHPian

re: Volkswagen - Apple Auto or Palace Cross? Buy from one dealer & service at another?

My experience: There should not be any downside. I got my Swift from CARS INDIA but it has gone to them only twice for service in my 6.5 years of ownership. The other dealership is closer to my house and also any dealership will be very happy to get your car for service. So I dont think there is any need to worry on that count
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 13:59   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

I have a VW Polo for the past 4 years. Like you, I have bought the car from a dealer but getting it serviced at another Service center.

And coming to the point of service and having seeing both, here is my take.
I have done all service of Polo at VW Serve Centre (Palace Cross )and am an extremely satisfied customer. Yes they are not perfect but compared to the other VW centers in Bangalore they would be in the top 2.

Have tried in an emergency situation the Apple auto center but they are far below when compared to the VW Serve Centre , Hesarghatta (Palace Cross).

But as mentioned it is located far away so you need to decide the priority.

Last edited by volkman10 : 4th May 2016 at 14:03.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 17:39   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Absolutely no issues. Buy it one dealer, service it where you want. Would recommend Palace Cross. Nothing really to complain about Apple Auto.They are polite and handle things well. But one gets the feel that they are polite and treat you well because they have to. With Palace Cross you feel they genuinely want to treat you well. There are exceptions, just a general thought.

In my case (Apple Auto is closer for me), I booked initially from Apple Auto. Switched to Palace Cross because Apple Auto did not keep the delivery commitment. Did my 6 months check and first year service in Apple Auto.2nd year service was done in Palace Cross (Hesarghatta) and then had a brake pad disc replacement done in Apple Auto.

My general thought now is this. If is a relatively simple thing with no complexities expected, I go to Apple Auto. But Apple Auto is crowded and overloaded, hence if it is something that can be a major issue, I will head to Palace Cross (Hesarghatta or Rajajinagar) in spite of it being very very far for me. Downside is that you may not be able to build a good rapport with a particular SA(s).

Note: As Vik0728 mentioned, do try to stretch to the Highline. The additional features are worth.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 18:03   #6
BHPian

I bought a Jetta a month back. I have only positives to say about both Palace Cross and Apple Auto. I eventually went with Apple Auto since they were giving a pre-budget price which the Palace Cross people were not willing to offer. (curious, since the word at that time was that VW India themselves had instructed the dealers to accept prebudget priced bookings)

Whatever you do, do not go for the Hosur Road showroom. They are completely disinterested in selling me a car, did not provide me with a test drive for the TDI, and don't followup when asked for a discount.

All things considered, I would suggest Apple Auto. They are very professional, and everything is very structured. Even buying back my pre-owned car.
bharat4ever is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 20:36   #7
BHPian

re: Which VW dealer in Bangalore: Apple Auto, Palace Cross or Elite Motors?

Thank you all for the valuable suggestions, i just paid the advance at Apple Auto and expecting delivery by 20th May.

1. They gave me a fair price an threw in some additional accessories like mudflaps,floor mats and car cover
2. I bugged them for close to 3 months while deciding the car so there was that guilty consciousness as well

But once I got home, I just started to feel I can't wait to get my car as early as possible

But I have no choice than waiting do I ?

Cheers
Kishore
Old 4th December 2017, 15:02   #8
BHPian

Volkswagen's new Dealership in Bangalore-Bangalore North Volkswagen

The other day I was going to Elements mall and noticed new VW authorized service center open just before Elements Mall on Thanisandra Main road. All these days, Mahadevpura Apple Auto was the only place for the folks staying in North and East of Bangalore. Now this is relief:

Volkswagen Bangalore North
147/1, Besides Elements Mall Thanisandra Main Road Nagawara,
Bangalore - 560077

Service Head : 9121003723
Email : alvinbabu@ppsmotors.in

Mods: Starting this thread as I didnt find any mention of this on the forum. Please feel free to delete if it is not required.
2500cc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2018, 20:24   #9
Senior - BHPian

Re: Which VW dealer in Bangalore: Apple Auto, Palace Cross or Elite Motors?

Not sure if any around this inactive thread.

A friend of mine having issues with air bag sensors and the service center (Elite) not able to figure it out for the past 9 months? Any inputs on any other good service center or comments on the Elite's incompetency. No help even after escalating the matter to the higher up's.
Old 30th May 2018, 21:14   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Not sure if any around this inactive thread.

A friend of mine having issues with air bag sensors and the service center (Elite) not able to figure it out for the past 9 months? Any inputs on any other good service center or comments on the Elite's incompetency. No help even after escalating the matter to the higher up's.
Typically for VW service in Bangalore, the palace cross service center's ( Hesarghatta and Rajaji Nagar) are the prefered ones followed by Apple Auto Whitefield.

So maybe he can take to one of these places.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2018, 22:03   #11
Team-BHP Support

Palace Cross Hesarghatta are the best place. Not so far as a Metro is 15 min away.

Possible issues

1: Clockspring inside steering wheel has broken
2: Seat sensor might be defective.

Get it scanned or find out the error code.
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2018, 23:33   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Typically for VW service in Bangalore, the palace cross service center's ( Hesarghatta and Rajaji Nagar) are the prefered ones followed by Apple Auto Whitefield.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post

Possible issues
I will convey it to him.

To be specific on the problem - The Air-Bag warning light is always ON on the console (indicating a malfunction to airbag components, when there is no problem really)

Service center basically not able to figure it out or provide any direction.

But not able to resolve it in 9 months is quite a bad thing with VW service.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 30th May 2018 at 23:38.
Old 31st May 2018, 10:41   #13
Team-BHP Support

if you can get the error code, then we can understand more
Old 4th June 2018, 17:50   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
if you can get the error code, then we can understand more
He has been told by the service centre that the systems are not functioning and they do not seem to have the error code handy.

In the interest of not taking this thread off-topic to its subject, I am posting the same here:-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4409859

Let me know if you have inputs over there.
Old 1st July 2022, 12:17   #15
BHPian

Bumping up an old Thread as I was not able to find any other thread about recent reviews on VW dealers in Bangalore.

Does Elite Motors ( specifically Hosur Rd as they are in JP Nagar as well) compare well to say PPS Motors or Apple Auto?
Can I forgo little inconvenience in dealer reputation for a Dealer near my home? So far during Test drive, enquiries, they have been supportive for the new Virtus. No hesitation shown for test drives at showroom and even had arranged one at doorstep. On asking they were able to provide update on booking numbers and expected delays.
vidyanand is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed