Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2008, 13:14   #16
Team-BHP Support

RNS yeshwanthpur if not for the distance is so far the best i have come across, my experience with mechanical work at surakshaa adugodi was bad. There body and painting job is excellent though.

Am inclined to try Mandovi wilson seeing ajmat's recommendation next time around, it will save me 4 hours of commute to RNS yeshwantpur :(
Old 29th October 2008, 13:35   #17
BANNED

@whiteknight - did you finally change the oil? Please do. It is rather surprising that even when you are familiar with the service center, they are playing the dumb games.

@skidMARKS - Initial services should be advanced; not delayed. Please change the oil asap. Please search this thread on "running in" and read up on things like oil change.
Old 29th October 2008, 14:18   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidMARKS View Post
will there be any issues if i missed the 2nd service on my new WgnR?.... will the showroom accpet the veh at 12000 ?
Do not miss the service. It might become an issue if at all there comes a time that warrant is required. Just do the service and go for the trip.

As long as the service is done at a authorised service center, it should be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
@whiteknight - did you finally change the oil? Please do. It is rather surprising that even when you are familiar with the service center, they are playing the dumb games...
After 2 years, I am sure he would have changed them (the oil) or the vehicle!
Old 29th October 2008, 14:27   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
@whiteknight - did you finally change the oil?
Thank you for the concern. I have run 28000 Kms after that incident. Except the oil, most other things they wanted to change are still doing duty on the "Old Lady".

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
After 2 years, I am sure he would have changed them (the oil) or the vehicle!
Well, it was posted on Oct '06- easy to miss the year. Anyway, I never went back to the garage after that. Touchwood! my Old Lady is still going strong, forcing me to delay her retirement
Old 29th October 2008, 14:45   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
RNS yeshwanthpur if not for the distance is so far the best i have come across, my experience with mechanical work at surakshaa adugodi was bad. There body and painting job is excellent though.

Am inclined to try Mandovi wilson seeing ajmat's recommendation next time around, it will save me 4 hours of commute to RNS yeshwantpur :(
I tried Mandovi Wilson Garden. I had a problem with my Alto's clutch. There was severe clutch chatter which Surakshaa Adugodi couldn't repair as it was a warranty claim. They advised me to take it to Mandovi.

Mandovi replaced my clutch under warranty. My experience was ok although I felt personal attention was not there as they are really big and very crowded. One advantage is they have all the equipment. He did not hesitate to connect the TEC-2 and take me for a long drive to show all parameters were correct.

Jaggu what happened at Surakshaa? Mechanical work they are not the best unless you supervise personally. I give the car there for small complaints generally.
Old 29th October 2008, 23:00   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Hey IronMarine where in BEL New Road is Nexus , heard quite a few people say that this place is pretty good. BTW i stay in Gokula , do PM and let me know.
They are good Riji, I've seen Malliks car being repainted, Though not detailed well, but the complete painting is superb.

Mechanical works also, they have good no nonsense mechanics, My 800 had been serviced by them for 2 yrs in early days, and they have maintained high standards in servicing cars.

BIMAL-whitefield, Check the list

1)My M800 painting was screwed up job (costed 39 k against estimate of 28 k)

2) Fittings screwed up (all new, costing another 7 k)

3) Engine screwed up ( decarbonising another 4 k)

4) Existing sun film screwed up ( redoing another 1.5 K)

5) Existing fitttings lost ( another 1 k)

6) Numerous visits to get the delivery ( another 3K on fuel bills)

Boss half a lac on getting a simple painting which is now flaking all over. Mr shetty there doesnt even talk to customers, Salvaged parts not returned- says lost somewhere.

No reason will i ever step in there or will talk about them.

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 29th October 2008 at 23:06.
Old 29th October 2008, 23:48   #22
BHPian

Does this mean that A.S.S of Maruti is falling down day by day. Many people gives extra attention to Maruti car becos of A.S.S.
By the way I think after warranty period its always better to go for Good Local mech than this stupid Service center.
Old 30th October 2008, 13:49   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowmya View Post
Does this mean that A.S.S of Maruti is falling down day by day.
Not of Maruti, but of the people running the centers themselves. After a period fo time, they become huge, so huge, and have an assured customer base, that they would not care for customers; except to ask them for +ve feed back when the call comes from Noida.

Quote:
By the way I think after warranty period its always better to go for Good Local mech than this stupid Service center.
Me too; but not all of those non-dealer A. S. S. es are so well equipped as a dealer run workshop.

Tatas, are you listening?
Old 30th October 2008, 15:18   #24
BHPian

Bimal is by far the worst service i have had from, for my car. I had a similar issue with my SX4 during the 2nd free service. The Brakes started to make shuddering noise immediately after service. I took the car immediately back, Mr. Prassana my service incharge said it will settle down, and could be due to water entering the drums during car wash. I waited for a week, called them for an appointment. They asked me to take the car to 100ft road showroom, for their person to test drive it. I don't remember this guys name. He confirmed to me that there is some problem with the brakes and asked me to take to the service center. I called Mr. Prassana, and he asked me to get the car on a weekday due to weekend rush. I took the car on a wednesday after confirming my appointment with him. Upon reaching there he first said the same water thing. I didnt take his argument. He then asked me to leave the car and collect it tomorrow (thu). I told him that i have applied leave today, and that i have come here with an appointment. I requested him to fix it now. He just refused on my face. I was too irritated, spoke to some manager there. He listened to me, apoligised, then asked me to leave the car and collect it the next day. I just lost it. Took my car drove straight back home. Complaint to BIMAL Customer Service Manager over the phone, she said she will get back to me on this in 15 mins. that's the last i heard of them.

I had got my other car (M800) serviced from Mondovi for quite some time before switching to Bimal. I called Mondovi Wilson Garden, requested them for an appointment for the same evening. Took the car there at some 4pm, they took it for a drive, drove in straight to the bay, some 15mins is all they took to remove all the wheels and brake pads, cleaned, adjusted fixed it back. Took it for a spin again, and no issues to this date!!!

Mondovi may not be the best under the sun, but atleast they made an attempt to look into the issue. I have heard good feedback from friends about RNS Yeswanthpur. Due to the distance & traffic, i stuck to Mondovi.
Old 30th October 2008, 22:19   #25
Senior - BHPian

Apart from the bad experiences I had with the body repair centre of Pratham, I would consider them OK, if not the best. 100% better than Bimal anyway.

The staff is courteous, listens to your problems and never refuses to work on your car, even if you show up without an appointment.

It always helps if you can build a relationship with the service guys, no matter which dealership.
Old 3rd November 2008, 21:09   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravin_sn View Post
... Heard 'Suraksha' on Hosur road is good. contact a guy there called Lokesh at 98455 36906
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravindr View Post
I have been giving my car for service with Surakshaa on Hosur Road for a long time and they are very good. They listen to you, make sure all the complaints are attended to and they don't charge or change things unnecessarily.
Where is this shop on Hosur Road guys? Could you guide me in detail? I live in Indiranagar. So I would be coming from Indiranagar --> Kormangala --> Silkboard ... and then beyond?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
... Mechanical work they are not the best unless you supervise personally. I give the car there for small complaints generally.
Vid, Do you advice it for removing a dent on my Swift? The Swift is just a month and a week old. Done just 350kms. Not too deep a dent. But neverthless find it odd to have it on my new baby
Old 4th November 2008, 16:05   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear WhiteKnight - please refer the post started by me as to why customers have poor service experience with dealers in this series itself - I am not at all surprised that all this happened to you. I would be surprised if it did not happen to you. In case of your brakes, they are self adjusting but due to our great "indian conditions" adjusters get jammed due to dust and dirt after a long period of use (which the car OEM / brake OEM will vehemently deny because that is the right stand to take even when they know the truth) and then our great charlies at the dealership are supposed to clean and "free" them or replace them. Usually these "jammed" parts play hard to loosen out because you have to take a 6" long Taparia plier and a big screw driver or grip the damn thing on a vise, pour some solvent like brake oil on it and then free it and even if they loosen out, the root cause still remains is that - SOMEBODY HAS TO ACTUALLY REMOVE THE BRAKE DRUM AND DO IT. AND WHO ACTUALLY DOES IT? EITHER HE IS A VIJAY OR AN ABDUL OR A RAJESH OR A MAMA OR SOMEBODY, A LOWLY TECHNICIAN AT THE DEALERSHIP. Please remember that only these guys know the ACTUAL ROOT CAUSE OF WHY YOUR BRAKES ARE JAMMED. NOBODY ELSE ACTUALLY KNOWS! BELIEVE ME, I HAVE BEEN THROUGH THE THICK OF SUCH MESS AND I FIND IT FUNNY NOWADAYS. AND WHO ASKS THEM? NOBODY. SO THESE GUYS SAY NOTHING. ON THE OTHER HAND, THE "SMILING" GUYS YOU MEET IN THE FRONT OFFICE ARE PRODUCTS BORN OUT OF THE OEM TELLING THE DEALERS TO IMPLEMENT SOMETHINGS AS CUSTOMER CARE. SO DEALERS IMPLEMENT SOMETHING AND "SMILIES" GET BORN. THE GUYS AT OEMS GET THEIR PROMOTIONS AND SIT IN OFFICES AND "STRATEGISE" WHAT TO DO NEXT WITHOUT EVER GOING NEAR THE CAR. CHARTS AND PRESENTATIONS ARE FLOUTED TO SUCH AN EXTENT THAT EVEN THE MOST HARDNOSED BOSS TEARS HIS HAIR. I APPRECIATE THESE GUYS' PATIENCE TO MAKE SUCH CHARTS. SAD BUT TRUE. CUSTOMERS LIKE YOU BECOME MERE STATISTICS. BELIEVE YOU ME. I KNOW. And - YOU WILL COMPLAIN? TO WHO? A CALL CENTRE? COME ON NOW.

Why can I write the above paragraph? Because I am insulated from all this nonsense. I work on my cars myself. QED. I happen to have a unique ability of being able to "sniff" a car and accurately hit the root cause, a capability unfortunately not acknowledged by guys who are supposed to matter.

What more can I say? Best of luck. Do send me a PM and I will be delighted to guide you to provide you a delightful user experience with your car.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 4th November 2008, 16:20   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iswear View Post
Where is this shop on Hosur Road guys? Could you guide me in detail? I live in Indiranagar. So I would be coming from Indiranagar --> Kormangala --> Silkboard ... and then beyond?

Vid, Do you advice it for removing a dent on my Swift? The Swift is just a month and a week old. Done just 350kms. Not too deep a dent. But neverthless find it odd to have it on my new baby

If I'm not mistaken, Surakshaa is more in Adugodi near the bridge on the storm water drain. If coming from Indiranagar, come via Viveknagar-->Forum-->Mico Factory gate-->StormWater Drain. Surakshaa shld be to your left immdly before the drain. There are two workshops there, but you should be able to see the signboards.

cheers
Old 4th November 2008, 17:28   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
If I'm not mistaken, Surakshaa is more in Adugodi near the bridge on the storm water drain. If coming from Indiranagar, come via Viveknagar-->Forum-->Mico Factory gate-->StormWater Drain. Surakshaa shld be to your left immdly before the drain. There are two workshops there, but you should be able to see the signboards.

cheers

Thanks for the reply. But I am not so well versed with Bangalore. So if you don't mind could you tell that in a bit more detail. Assuming that I know nothing beyond Forum

And ya, I saw your signature sometime back. And whenever I see it, it makes me fall on the floor
Old 4th November 2008, 22:47   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iswear View Post
Assuming that I know nothing beyond Forum
You are right on target. It is close to Forum.
Forum has two entrances. Go to the road which is Mc Donalds/Westside side of Forum.
Continue on the same road with Forum on you left, you cross Audugodi Police station on right, and go further, you will hit a signal.
Cross signal keep going straight, you will cross Mico factory(main gate) on your left, NDRI on right.
Around 100 m you will reach end of Mico factory compound.
Surakshaa is right next to Mico compound.

Last edited by sriturl : 4th November 2008 at 22:49.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks