Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2016, 13:14   #61
BHPian

Re: Bangalore: Lathangi Ford crashes customer EcoSport; 1.6 Lakhs of damage. UPDATE: Resolved by For

This entire episode reposes my faith in always dropping off and picking up the car at ASC by my own self.

Eventually, i would like to give it to Ford India for the way they closed the case even though initially they were not interested to pitch in. And all this happened due to the power of Social Media.
soumobakshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2016, 18:09   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bangalore: Lathangi Ford crashes customer EcoSport; 1.6 Lakhs of damage. UPDATE: Resolved by For

Quote:
Originally Posted by raju2512 View Post
Looking objectively
Most of us are looking at from the point of view of customers or potential customers. Ford should realise that that is what matters.

Quote:
1. The law makes the owner of the vehicle responsible and liable for the vehicle. That is why the insurance is taken by the owner and not the driver
In what way, exactly, does this absolve the dealer from responsibility for what their employees do to your car?

I don't know if there is anything in your "legal" arguments, but, from the customer-service point of view, they hold no water at all.
Old 1st September 2016, 13:21   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

In what way, exactly, does this absolve the dealer from responsibility for what their employees do to your car? .
That is why in my earlier post I had asked what if the accident had been due to no fault of the driver. Who is responsible then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

I don't know if there is anything in your "legal" arguments, but, from the customer-service point of view, they hold no water at all.
Ignorance is bliss . Happy motoring
Old 1st September 2016, 15:57   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raju2512 View Post
Ignorance is bliss . Happy motoring
Thank you for your reply.

Right or wrong, while customers actually stand up for, and support the right of, dealers and manufacturers to treat them badly, nothing will change.

Happy buying.
Old 1st September 2016, 17:10   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumobakshi View Post
This entire episode reposes my faith in always dropping off and picking up the car at ASC by my own self.
+1

I feel that being residents of a country which does not provide us the peace of mind of a definite rule-book/law against such practices, it is essential to be defensive in thought process and try to avoid such situations from occurring in the first place.

In my 8 years of 4-wheeler ownership, I have never let my car be picked up/dropped by a dealer's driver. I empathize with those who would need to, due to unavoidable circumstances, and understand their need for such services. But there are many who use these services provided by the dealer as a 'good option' to save time. This is a lesson-learnt/experience for those who do so.

This kind of damage happening is perhaps one of the worst case scenarios, but I would feel icky just if someone else drove my car. I have seen valet drivers drive a DSG automatic in 'D' mode, keeping the brake pedal pressed to prevent the car from rolling ahead (instead of shifting the lever to 'N' and activating the hand-brake) for about 5 minutes. And all this, because the driver was chatting with someone. Now just imagine the kind of (known) damage that this can cause to a DSG transmission! So long story short, another person driving your car will never take as much care of it as you would yourself. And that in itself should be a reason to not avail these services. As is said by a famous someone: "You take care of the car, car takes care of you".

Also, it is high time someone started a 'Zomato' for car dealerships. We need to separate the good from the bad.
AbhisheKulkarni is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2016, 12:18   #66
Senior - BHPian

Came across a similar case of alleged damage by a Ford dealer.

https://www.facebook.com/harishkara/...54573127124089
sdp1975 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2017, 22:31   #67
BHPian

Lathangi Ford dealership is closed now. I heard it has been taken over by another group.
Old 19th June 2017, 11:53   #68
BHPian

Glad that the dealership has shut down!
i am also one of the victims of his legal manipulations and he's been very successful till date! 5 yrs of my futile attempts at legal resolution and still long way to go, although i am not giving up...
he's also doing the same with the Harley Dealership in chennai, that he owns and there are many fighting(22 booking customers in all) to get their money back from him as he has used up all the funds and is now absconding from the scene!

Last edited by sterlingjames : 19th June 2017 at 11:54.
sterlingjames is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2017, 11:41   #69
BHPian

We are in a fix now. Took an Ecosport this April. They are yet to hand over the accessories promised.
Old 2nd August 2017, 09:16   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
Lathangi Ford dealership is closed now. I heard it has been taken over by another group.
Any idea if the new group would be opening a Ford dealership/service? I got my Figo serviced there back in March and when I visited them again in May, to get the brake pads replaced, I was surprised to find the service center empty. On asking they told me that they were waiting for inventory which would take a month's time. Next thing I know, they've closed down.

Contrary to the popular opinion, I was pretty happy with their service for my Fiesta and also because the service center was very close to my place. On that basis I added a second hand Figo to my garage. Now I am in a soup because the Fiesta is due for service and the only options I know is Metro Ford in St Marks Road and Yeshwantpur.
Old 2nd August 2017, 09:44   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
Any idea if the new group would be opening a Ford dealership/service?
Yes, Ford it is. I am in soup as well. A cousin bought an ecosport end april and paid for accessories which were not delivered. The new dealer is not accepting and responsibility for any of Lathangi's commitments.
I also heard that the security guards had taken custody of 2 figos in the yard for non payment of salary
Old 7th August 2017, 09:23   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
Seriously?
All showrooms and service centres shut down?
What happened?
Old 7th August 2017, 11:15   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibin View Post
Seriously?
All showrooms and service centres shut down?
What happened?
Not sure of the reasons. The new dealer is JSP Ford. I am still trying to get the accessories or the money that Lathangi collected.
Old 7th August 2017, 11:24   #74
Senior - BHPian

Not surprised that the Metro Ford Lingrajapuram centre was packed full the last two times I went there.
They are working on Sundays too now. They are doing a good job as well.
Old 7th August 2017, 14:30   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Not surprised that the Metro Ford Lingrajapuram centre was packed full the last two times I went there.
They are working on Sundays too now. They are doing a good job as well.
They've been working on Sundays for at least a year and a half. And yes, they do a good job with the regular service.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks