Team-BHP - Bangalore: Lathangi Ford crashes customer EcoSport; 1.6 Lakhs of damage. UPDATE: Resolved by Ford!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Car Dealerships (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/)
-   -   Bangalore: Lathangi Ford crashes customer EcoSport; 1.6 Lakhs of damage. UPDATE: Resolved by Ford! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/178165-bangalore-lathangi-ford-crashes-customer-ecosport-1-6-lakhs-damage-update-resolved-ford.html)

To anyone who thinks Skoda is famous for their service, think again, player two has just entered the game.

This thread is going to be a long one, please bear with me.

A particular predicament has left a mutual friend in deep distress and utter humiliation. She isn't a member here and as a part of this community, I feel morally obliged to help in any way I can. I could think of no other platform but the one I'm on right now to help and assist her.

How'd it start?

Constant niggles after third service led to what I'm about to describe below.

What car was it?

Ford Ecosport 1.5 TDCi Ambiente - 2013 run about 30k km.

What happened?

Dealership assigned pick-up/drop-off driver "allegedly" rammed into a divider at high speed on the way back from the service center at night on the 3rd of June.

What's the dealership we're talking about here?

Lathangi Ford Bangalore(J.P Nagar) and service center(Bannerghatta road)

The solution provided by the dealership?

write off a cool 1.6 Lakh Rupee estimate for repairs which the customer must pay from her insurance for no fault of hers.

The dealership later agreed to repair from their end but was adamant on not providing any written guarantee that any future engine/suspension problem will be dealt by them responsibly without shifting blame to the customer

And... Guess what? They also offered to buy back the car from her for a grand sum of 4 Lakhs as opposed to the market value of about 7 lakhs after the customer decided not to involve her insurance after continuous pestering from the dealership.

Where's the car now?

Still at the service center for a month and a half now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to let the following email exchanges do the talking, please read them. Sorted in chronological order.

Quote:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 7 Jun 2016 11:12 a.m.
Subject: PRIMARY ESTIMATION FOR KA0XXXXXXX
To: <XXXXXXXXX@gmail.com>
Cc: <XXXXXXX@lathangiford.com>, <XXXXX@lathangi.com>, <XXXXXXX@lathangiford.com>

Dear Madam,

Kindly find the primary estimation for the repair to be carried out on the
Eco sport vehicle regd number KA0XXXXXXX

Regards,

Aiyappa Madappa
Service Manager
Lathangi Ford
Bangalore: Lathangi Ford crashes customer EcoSport; 1.6 Lakhs of damage. UPDATE: Resolved by Ford!-filepage1.jpg
Bangalore: Lathangi Ford crashes customer EcoSport; 1.6 Lakhs of damage. UPDATE: Resolved by Ford!-filepage2.jpg

Quote:

Date: 10 Jun 2016 4:29 p.m.
Subject: Re: PRIMARY ESTIMATION FOR KA0XXXXXXX
To: <XXXXXXXX@lathangiford.com>
Cc: <XXXXXXX@lathangiford.com>, <XXXXXXXXXX@lathangiford.com>, <XXXXXX@lathangi.com>

Dear Aiyappa,

As you are aware the accident has taken place due to rash and negligent driving by your employee, while bringing back the car after service. As discussed this morning, I would not want to claim my insurance, as there was no fault from my side and since the damage caused to the car is so extensive, I want your company to replace the car with a new one.

Kindly acknowledge receipt of this mail and I hope your company will respond positively. I await your response.

Regards,
XXXXXXX
Quote:

Date: 10 Jun 2016 5:33 p.m.
Subject: RE: PRIMARY ESTIMATION FOR KA0XXXXXXXXX
To: "XXXXXXXXX" <XXXXXXXXX@gmail.com>, <XXXXXXXXX@lathangiford.com>
Cc: <XXXXXXXX@lathangiford.com>, <XXXXXXX@lathangi.com>

Dear Ms. XXXXXXX,

This Refers to the discussion we had with you today morning on the below mentioned subject, we wish to inform you that the pick and drop facility is provided by us based on the request made by the customer and with a signed under taking of the customer being fully responsible in case of any untoward incident. ( we have an undertaking signed by you and given to us)

Keeping in light of the above NEW CAR replacement does not arise and the car will be repaired with the existing insurance policy bought by you and the customer liability, if any, will be borne by us once the insurance liability is cleared by the insurance company.

We regret the Inconvience caused to you and assure you of our complete support to resolve the matter.

Best Regards,

Pradeep Kumar Gandhi
CEO- Sales Operations
Lathangi Motors Pvt Ltd.
Quote:

Date: 10 Jun 2016 7:12 p.m.
Subject: RE: PRIMARY ESTIMATION FOR KA0XXXXXXX
To: <XXXXXXXX@lathangiford.com>
Cc: <XXXXXXX@lathangiford.com>, <XXXXXXXXX@lathangi.com>, <XXXXXXXXXX@lathangiford.com>

Dear Mr. Gandhi,

Perhaps you have not been made aware of the entire facts and hence your below reply. Please note that I have repeatedly complained about the malfunction of the steering wheel it would wobble a lot at speeds of above 80kmph & your service personnel had assured me that the same would be rectified by them.

In this background I gave my car for check up and repairs. Your service personnel kept the car with them for four hours and claimed to have rectified the problem. However, when I started driving I noticied that they had not attended to the problem and the same issue persisted. I immediately called the Showroom Service Centre and informed them that the problem persisted. It is then that your personnel informed me that they will check and rectify the issue and offered to have the car picked up from my residence and have it delivered after rectifying the repairs.I did not request for the pick up.

Ford has been assuring its customers of a family like experience and trust me this is not a family like experience.

You are well aware that the damage to the car has been caused by your company's driver due to his sheer negligence and rash and high speed driving. I was not involved in the accident. There was no third party involved in this accident. Hence, I am dissappointed that you are now coming up with the explanation as stated in your mail.

I hope Ford will keep up its promise of family like experience and customer satisfaction and ensure that I will not be put at a loss for no fault of mine.

The accident has been caused due to your Company's driver's negligence .

As stated in my earlier email I am not agreeable to your suggestion of making a claim from my insurance company, for no fault of mine. The damage caused is entirely due to the negligence of Ford's personnel and hence has to be adequately compensated.

Even If you repair the car, I will have to drive a car which has met with an accident (because of Lathangi Ford's driver's negligence). Hence I hope you will do the right thing.

Regards,
XXXXXXX
A mail now was shot to the communications head of India, a Mr Kapil?

Quote:

Date: 14 Jun 2016 2:32 p.m.
Subject: Regarding an issue with my Eco Sport - Kindly resolve asap
To: <XXXXXXX@ford.com>
Cc: <XXXXXX@ford.com>

> Dear Mr. Kapil,

I would like to introduce myself as XXXXXXXXX. I live in Bangalore. I am a customer of Ford for the last three years. I bought a Ford Ecosport in the month of September 2013. I was very happy about my decision even though a lot of my friends advised me about the after sales service not being upto the mark for Ford cars but i still went ahead as I absolutely loved the car.

Till date I was very happy with my car and I enjoyed driving around the same. After me , 4 of my women friends went ahead and bought an Ecosport as they were very impressed with my feedback regarding the car.
All was well until my third service with my dealer Lathangi Ford at Bangalore. I have always faced issues with them when it came to servicing and I have also complained about it every single time on the feed back call regarding the service. But I somehow never let this bother me much as I was very happy with the car.

Recently my car was due for its third service as i had touched 30000km. The car was dropped off and service also done. They charged me around 7000rs and returned the car. I noticed that they had again done a shoddy job of it. The steering wheel was wobbling at a speed of 80km and above. It got worse when the speed touched 100km and more. I called and complained to them and also gave my feedback on this to the Ford team who always makes a feedback call after every service. Then, the Lathangi team called me back and asked me to resend my car. This was the second time around, I dropped it off and this time they kept the car for another 4 to 5hrs and claimed all has been resolved. I once again trusted them and got the car back. I drove it outside of Banglore a week later and noticed the wobbling. I again called the Lathangi guys and they said that they would check on it. They offered to have the car picked up and dropped back as they knew they had already troubled me enough by not sorting out the issue in the first instant or the second.

I agreed and the Ford driver picked it up on 3 June 2016 around 7.45am in the morning. It was a very busy week and day for me so I assumed that all will be well and taken care off and I did not have call and check about the car. I got free in between around 3.30pm and called the Lathangi service centre. The service manager told me that the job had been done and that he will deliver the car by 7.30pm or 8.00pm max as the driver was busy. I said ok and then I headed out for another meeting. I had to go for a dinner that evening I forgot to check on whether the car had been returned to my place. I called around 9.30pm at night and then my dad tells me that the car hadnt reached home. Immediately I called the service manager and he was also not aware of what had happened to the car and told me he will check on the same and call me back. Then he calls and informs me that the car had met with an accident(the driver had rammed into a divider at a very high speed,this i got to know the next day afternoon) and he was not even sure of the extent of damage and where the accident had happened. I was in a state of shock and didn't know what to say. He assured me that the car would be towed to their service centre immediately and I need not worry. I believed him and let the night pass as it was raining heavily. The next day I call around 8.30am in the morning he didnt answer my call and then I called him around 9 am again and he still didnt answer my call. I got very scared and apprehensive and immediately left to the service centre. On my way to the centre the secretary to the MD called me and tried to pacify me saying that the car still hadn't reached the service centre. That is when I realise that my car has been lying at the accident spot through the night in the rain and by the time it reached the service centre it was next day afternoon. This disturbed me a lot, but I still kept calm . I then met with their CEO for sales Mr. Pradeep Gandhi. He is very new to this organisation Lathangi Ford and didnt know most of the background of this place and its service quality.He tried convincing me like it's an usual episode and I needn't over react about it.He assured me that all will be handled by him and he will make sure it will be resolved at the earliest.As, I had to travel out of Bangalore the next three days for a family pooja and this was the main reason I insisted on getting the car rectified as we had to drive down and I was travelling with family, I asked them to send me a quote on the email regarding the damages and charges involved to repair the same. When I came back and saw the quote I was taken aback. The total of repair cost is for one lakh sixty thousand rupees. That is when i realised the extent of damage. I then asked the CEO how do they plan to go about this. He said they will claim it through my insurance and will compensate the no claim bonus I would miss the next year.Also, take care of 2 yrs service for my car free of cost (tht is hardly 14 or 15 thousand rupees)

I said do not agree to this as the damage had been done by their driver due to his rash , negligent and careless driving. Also, I didnt want to get into a list of high risk drivers in the insurance space and pay a higher premium next year for no fault of mine. Also, once this accident goes on record, the resale value of my car will drop considerably. I asked them to get the repair done from their end and also give me in writing that as long I own the car any damage happens to the engine they have to take responsibility . They refused outright. Then I asked them to give me quote to sell the car to them and then they could claim the insurance and repair it or do whtever they wanted with it and I could look a new car even though I was not prepared for all of this but then couldnt think of another way in resolving this. For this, again the CEO said that the price would be quoted on the depreciation of 15% on the ex showroom price of my car, which I found was highly ridiculous and told him it doesnt work that way. Anyways I asked him for a quote as time was just passing by and i was finding it diffuclt to commute with a car. (They offered to give me temporary replacement car and sent me a Ford Fiesta. The car was punctured when I wanted to take it out for a meeting. I msged the CEO about this and also told him that i'm not comfortable driving the Fiesta and if he could arrange for an Ecosport fine or else to take back the car. They took it back) All this talk regarding the quote happened on last Friday morning. The CEO said he was busy on Saturday and Sunday and would give me a quote on Monday i.e yesterday. I reminded yesterday morning and he said he would revert asap. I waited till late evening no reply. Then again this morning I msged him asking wht is the update as of now as it is 10 days since all this has happened and I didnt see it getting resolved any time soon and I was being very patient. He replied back saying these things take time and he has asked his resale dealers to go and check out the car at service centre and then give him a quote. That is when I picked up the call and tried speaking to him. I asked him why he needed them to go and look at the car as we had agreed upon selling the car to them keeping in mind the condition it was before the accident had happened. It is 2013 model, run only 30,000 kms and in excellent condition inside out as it was driven only by me. He said he I wanted check what is the price they would get after repairing the car then selling it. He was going to give me quote based on this . I then asked him why he was always giving me options where I feel like you are doing me a favor. I told him i did not like the way this whole situation is being handled from day one and still I had been very patient as he assured me it would be resolved fairly. I then told him I feel like a joker amidst all this paying heavily for no fault of mine. For that, he lost his temper and started screaming on top of his voice and shouted back at me. He insulted me and told me that I am acting funny and actually making him feel like a joker. I need not teach him how to run his business as he has immense experience in this industry and knows how to handle customers. He said he will record my call and tried to threaten me.He spoke to me like it doesn't matter what you think or say , after all you are a woman and what maximum can you do !!!! I then asked him with all your experience is this how you talk to your lady customer and for that he said yes, because he apparently has been very patient and he did not want to handle this any further and finally disconnects the call on my face.

I tried telling him many times not to talk to a lady customer this way but no, he just couldnt care less. Right now I am feeling so humiliated and terrible about this whole episode. How could Ford India have hired person like this with such terrible temperament who not only screams and shouts at a lady customer but also disrespects her when in turn he needs to be more emphatetic towards the whole situation. Is this what the customer service quality is all about that Ford promises to its customers ? Is this how issues are resolved at your end.

I'm writing this email to you Mr. Kapil, hoping that you would take this issue seriously and do the right thing. I hope you will work towards sorting out this issue fairly and not make me regret my decision of buying a FORD car.
A mail was sent from Kapil, perhaps automated? idk.

Quote:

Date: 14 Jun 2016 2:59 p.m.
Subject: RE: Regarding an issue with my Eco Sport - Kindly resolve asap
To: "XXXXXXXXXX" <XXXXXXXXXX@gmail.com>
Cc: "Customer, Care (.)" <XXXXXX@ford.com>

Hi XXXXXXXX,

Thanks for writing to us.

The customer care team marked on the mail is already working on your feedback and will soon update you on the steps undertaken in this regard.

Regards,
Kapil Sharma
Quote:

Date: 17 Jun 2016 4:04 p.m.
Subject: Re: Regarding an issue with my Eco Sport - Kindly resolve asap
To: <XXXXXXX@ford.com>
Cc: <XXXXXXX@ford.com>

Dear Mr. Kapil,

Good evening. It is three days since I have shared my concern with you and your people. I received a mail from the customer care department on the same day stating that ,they have picked up contents from the mail and will talk to dealer concerned and get relevant information on the issue from their end and then revert.
One, Ms.Vidya also called me in the morning two days back and told me that they are on the job and it will be sorted very soon.After this, I havent received a single update on this. I called the customer care no yesterday but, the person concerned was busy and they said they would arrange a call back. I haven't received any call till now. It is two weeks since this whole episode has happened and I dont know where it is heading to right now. Also, it is become very incovienent for me to commute around Bangalore as it is raining almost every day and it's very difficult to find either a taxi or auto.
I would highly appreciate if I could receive an update on what is happening and by when this issue would be sorted.

Thanks and Regards,

XXXXXXXX
Quote:

Date: 25 Jun 2016 1:58 p.m.
To: "Kapil Sharma (K.)" <XXXXXX@ford.com>
Cc: <XXXXXX@ford.com>

Dear Mr. Kapil,

Good afternoon

After bringing up the issue with you regarding my EcoSport , the Managing Director Mr.Vikram, of Lathangi Ford called me this Monday and asked to meet up with him.As my dad fell sick and I was busy running in and out of hospitals this week, I could meet up with him just this morning.
After hearing me out, he unfortunately gave me the same solution of using my insurance and getting the car repaired. I have clearly mentioned this many times earlier that I am not ready to do the same as it is not my fault and the accident has happened due to the rash and negligent driving of their driver. He has taken time of a day or two to come up with an alternative solution. I am hoping it will be the right one this time.
It has already been three weeks now that I am trying to resolve this issue. It is very bothersome to move around in taxis and autos when my dad is sick and needs to been taken for doctor visits and it rains every single day.
I request Ford India to intervene and make sure this issue resolves quickly. I hope you will advice your dealer to do the right thing and keep up the promise of giving your customer a family like experience.

Thank you,

Best Regards,
XXXXXXXXX
Quote:

Date: 28 Jun 2016 9:04 p.m.
To: "Kapil Sharma (K.)" <XXXXXXXXX@ford.com>
Cc: <XXXXXXXX@ford.com>, <XXXXX@lathangiford.com>

Dear Mr. Kapil,

After my discussion with Mr. Vikram, there seems to be no different solution offered from his side or Ford India, according to Ms. Vidya(customer care team leader)too. The solution is about using my insurance and getting the car repaired. I have time and again said i'm not ready to do the same.
It is past three weeks now and I have lost patience. I am tired moving about in taxis and autos. I am highly disappointed by the way the whole issue has been handled and treated.
I am now not waiting any more and will start legal proceedings as I am not left with a lot of choices.

I never expected this kind of response from either Ford India or the dealer involved. This is definitely not the family like experience that Ford promises its customer.I now really regret chosing a Ford car and feel totally let down as a customer.
Ford India has been inconsiderate and there have been no followups at all from their end.

Quote:

Date: 14 Jul 2016 7:33 a.m.
Subject: Thank you for everything !!!!
To: "Kapil Sharma (K.)" <XXXXXXX@ford.com>
Cc:

Dear Mr. Kapil,

I have been extremely patient and also hopeful that after escalating my issue to someone at your level, it would have been resolved fair and just. But, unfortunately that is not what has been the outcome. Looks like Ford India really has no control over it's dealers or their behaviour.
It is almost a month and a half now and still, I am being harassed, humiliated and made to wait endlessly.
After my last mail, your customer care executive calls me back immediately and tells me that the dealer is now ready to repair the car with his own money. I said ok, but also ask Lathangi to give me in writing that no one has been injured in the accident that their driver has committed using my car and if in the future something goes wrong in regard to this, they will take total responsibilty. I said this because no FIR has been lodged till date by them and we are all going by the word of the driver. No reply for that from her for another three days.
Then, she calls back and says they are now ready to buy my car and I should give them a quote. I said ok, let me do a market research and come back to you in a day or two. I did my research and waited for her to call (when I try calling the Ford helpline, I am unfortunately always put on hold for more than ten to fifteen mins by when I lose patience and hang up). No response from her end for another three to four days. Then one afternoon she called and as I was busy, I asked her to call back in an hour's time but then again no response.
Finally I decided to give it one final shot and asked my brother to talk to Lathangi as I didn't want to interact with any one from there after the humiliation from their CEO and she was wanting me to talk their General Manager now on this.
My brother met them and quoted the price of Rs.7 Lakhs for my car, which I have arrived at after talking to a few market resale dealers, the other two Ford dealers in Bangalore and also researching on the net, but as usual Lathangi didnt agree.
Then their CEO Mr. Pradeep Gandhi again intervenes and quotes Rs 4 lakhs. Ridiculous !!!! After insulting me by banging down the phone on my face, he is still allowed to interfere ???
Also mentions that he has been appreciated by Ford India for handling this issue very effectly after he has written a long email to you guys. Really !!!! And once again mentions that he has 10 to 15 yrs experience in the industry and so we have to go by what he says. After this my brother realised that there was no point talking it out with them and he left.
I am still in a shock to know that Mr. Pradeep Gandhi is still allowed to handle this case after how he insulted me the first time around. Also, I wonder if any action has been taken aganist him what so ever till date and will ever be taken ????
Anyways, the outcome is the issue has not been resolved as yet and I don't think that even if I reach out to anyone higher than you in FORD India will make any difference now as FORD India has shown me what really a customer means to them and how they stand by their customers once the sale is done.
FORD is a big brand now worldwide and they really dont need to be emphathetic towards their customer even though they are aware that they became this big after being supported by lakhs of customers like me !!!!!
But I feel completely let down now and totally regret having become a FORD customer. My friends who have bought their car on my recommendation are all now worrying as to what they might have to face if their car ever got into an issue. Two of them are even contemplating on selling off their FORD car, as they are digusted by the way this whole issue has been handled and also the fact that they are Lady owners like me and know for sure that they will never be taken seriously if they ever have to face an issue, as the attitude is what more can she do, she is after all a woman !!!!!
I wanted to write this mail to you as I now know that I am on my own to battle this out and FORD India can do nothing much, because if they wanted too they could have resolved this very effectively by now but didnt do it for whatever reasons best known to you guys.
Like promised by Ford this experience has been nothing like a family for me from the begining and I feel like a complete outsider, so much for being such a patron of your cars and making sure my friends buy it too.
Thank you once again Mr. Kapil for hearing me out. I really wished this issue could have been sorted out amicably and not have been forced to take it legally.

Best Regards,

XXXXXXXX
Everything seems to revolve around the dealership level and they refuse to escalate this further despite repeated claims and are trying to make it a point to diffuse the situation as quietly as possible. The irony being that they're making more of a flame than an extinguisher

Bangalore: Lathangi Ford crashes customer EcoSport; 1.6 Lakhs of damage. UPDATE: Resolved by Ford!-img_20160606_100807.jpg

Bangalore: Lathangi Ford crashes customer EcoSport; 1.6 Lakhs of damage. UPDATE: Resolved by Ford!-img_20160606_100835.jpg

Bangalore: Lathangi Ford crashes customer EcoSport; 1.6 Lakhs of damage. UPDATE: Resolved by Ford!-img_5873.jpg

Bangalore: Lathangi Ford crashes customer EcoSport; 1.6 Lakhs of damage. UPDATE: Resolved by Ford!-img_5874.jpg

Bangalore: Lathangi Ford crashes customer EcoSport; 1.6 Lakhs of damage. UPDATE: Resolved by Ford!-img_5877.jpg

Bangalore: Lathangi Ford crashes customer EcoSport; 1.6 Lakhs of damage. UPDATE: Resolved by Ford!-img_5875.jpg

Bangalore: Lathangi Ford crashes customer EcoSport; 1.6 Lakhs of damage. UPDATE: Resolved by Ford!-img_5884.jpg

Bangalore: Lathangi Ford crashes customer EcoSport; 1.6 Lakhs of damage. UPDATE: Resolved by Ford!-img_5885.jpg

Bangalore: Lathangi Ford crashes customer EcoSport; 1.6 Lakhs of damage. UPDATE: Resolved by Ford!-img_5886.jpg

Bangalore: Lathangi Ford crashes customer EcoSport; 1.6 Lakhs of damage. UPDATE: Resolved by Ford!-img_5887.jpg

Other points which are not mentioned in the emailsI happened to visit their(Lathangi's) website and found this.

"Our Mission - Customer Satisfaction is what we aspire for growing from strength to strength. Lathangi Ford is dedicated to improving the quality of life, making it better, safer & easier with our products.To provide high quality products that combine performance with value pricing, while establishing a successful relationship with our customers and our suppliers. To constantly strive to meet or exceed our customers needs and expectations of price, service and selection. To stay ahead of the competition by innovating new products and services based on the needs of our customers and market demand." ROFL.

Seems like a joke if you ask me.

I own an Ecosport too and along with millions of customers all across India, have put my faith in Ford solely due to the peace of mind factor when it comes to the solidity of their cars and after sales service. I am seriously reconsidering my decision of purchase as well.

Shame on you Ford.

*UPDATE* of 28th July 2016!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajeev k (Post 4018441)
Take it up at the highest level in Ford India.
The Managing Director of Ford India may be apprised.
Though he is moving to Changan Ford it would be of much help in reaching a fair solution if he intervenes.

Thank you Rajeev for providing the email ID, thanks to you, the issue has almost been resolved.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehaan (Post 4023719)
RESOLVED?

Createrkid, I spotted this on twitter yesterday. Could we have an update please...

Alright guys, here's the update.

Ford India got in touch with the customer right after an email was sent to Mr Nigel Harris thanks to Rajeev.

After a series of discussions, Ford has given her these options.

Quote:

Date: 21 Jul 2016 12:34 p.m.
Subject: Reply from Ford India - 800112891
To: "XXXXXX@gmail.com" <XXXXXXX@gmail.com>
Cc: "Duggal, Ominder (O.)" <XXXXXX@ford.com>, "Jayakumar, Dushyanth (J.)" <XXXXXXX@ford.com>, "Sharma, Kapil (K.)" <XXXXXXXX@ford.com>

> Dear Ms. XXXXX
>
>
>
> This mail is in continuation of telephonic discussions had with you by Mr. Ominder Duggal – GM GDCE.
>
>
>
> Subsequent to the discussions, below are the options for your perusal…
>
>
>
> · Option 1 – Dealership will repair the vehicle under free of cost and offer Total Maintenance plan for 2 years
>
> · Option 2 – buy back vehicle at cost of Rs. 7 lakh
>
> · Option 3 – Will share you the quotation of the same model / variant of the new vehicle, 7 lakh will be supported by us and the difference amount should be borne by you…
>
>
>
> Kindly confirm on the above options to proceed further..
>
>
>
> Thanks and Regards
>
>
>
> Meena Aravind
>
> Manager Operations- Customer care
>
> Ford India Private Limited

I must say, Ford has handled this really well after all that has happened. So well that the customer has had no reason to interact with the dealership. My friend also says that this entire interaction has restored her faith in the brand and she will be going for a brand new Ford EcoSport automatic. Metro Ford got in touch with her and offered a long testdrive of the EcoSport automatic and that mostly sealed the deal for her but opinions are always welcome.

I must thank everybody here for all their inputs. Will keep this thread updated if anything happens.

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Dealership Section. Thanks for sharing!

That's really sad to hear. Hope the person gets a proper settlement.

This thread reminded me of one previous incident - guess what, Bengaluru and a Ford service centre there too: Link

This is exactly the reason why people queue up in front of Maruti and Hyundai dealerships.

Unless Ford pulls up its socks and steps in for the customer who put her faith in the brand, they can see their 200 crore going down the drain. Incidents like this one spread through social media like forest fire. The effects will be much stronger than their ad campaign. When incidents such as these can shake up the beliefs of BHPians in the brand, imagine the effect this can have on a non-enthusiast common man.

PS Shame on you, Ford :Frustrati

Ok, so this is how Ford has been reaching out to their customers ? Can they dare such a response in EU and NA.
As long as businesses keep milking huge profits and a good share goes to the administration, the laws can never be pro consumer.

Shame on Ford.

It enrages me to see the arrogance and dismal attitude that Lathangi Ford have shown.

Ford India's silence (after the initial canned reply) across several weeks is also very poor. I can understand a dealership's employees not having the training to handle customers, but I don't expect a corporate office infested with management graduates to not realize the impact of silence.

As a satisfied customer of Lathangi's FASS, I only have to say this - unless they set this right in a very good way, my patronage of them ends and my next annual service will be at the much nearer Metro FASS.

I can only request the mods to put this thread up on the TBHP Facebook page and TBHP page to get it visibility (after doing any due diligence they might wish to do).

When the earlier instance of Metro Ford crashing a Fiesta occurred, that was in 2006, when Facebook/YouTube/Twitter were in their infancy - now is when they can be leveraged.

Really sad to hear this incident. Ford's 200 crore brand building campaign will not yield any result until they sort our their dealers / service centers to have good customer experience. It is a real shame on Ford:Frustrati

I have never availed the pick up and drop facility from VW and with this incident I would never dare to avail the service. This again reinforces the plight of Indian customer protection or lack of it.

One of the mails mention that your friend had signed an undertaking that dealership is not liable in case anything happens to the car during pick and drop. Does she have a copy of this undertaking? I have availed Tata pick and drop for my Nano, but dont remember any such undertaking.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naturaldisaster (Post 4017257)
One of the mails mention that your friend had signed an undertaking that dealership is not liable in case anything happens to the car during pick and drop. Does she have a copy of this undertaking? I have availed Tata pick and drop for my Nano, but dont remember any such undertaking.

Such an undertaking is usually taken by the company but I doubt it would stand up in the court, if the OP decides to go that way. I remember some cases where the courts have said that such undertakings cannot absolve the companies of responsibility.

An "agreement" signed by the car owner that the dealership will not be held responsible in the event of damage clearly goes against the provisions of the Consumer Protection Act. I wonder why service providers even have such wordings on paper. Such "agreements" go against the provisions of the Indian Contract Act and are rendered null and void.

The courts will simply not accept such undertakings - there have been several case laws to this effect. If the dealer refuses a replacement , the best approach will be the consumer courts given the sums involved here.

I am not surprised after learning the name of the dealership. Lathangi Ford sucks big time. They are least bothered about customers or customer service. Highly unprofessional and the management is no less. :deadhorse

This is exactly the reason why I bought my Ecosport from Cauvery Ford instead of Lathangi Ford even thought Lathangi is just 5 Kms away my place as against 15Kms to Cauvery Ford.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naturaldisaster (Post 4017257)

it usually is found in small print in the job card which we sign, and will state the vehicle is accepted at owners' risk if something happens while during repair or subsequent road test, despite their taking due care and precautions! Applicable across all brands.

After going through this post, disappointed at FORDs handling and very unfortunate that your friend is going through such fuss.

1) Must say lot of patience attributed by your friend
2) Take to consumer forum, Consumer Disputes Redressal Act
3) File RTI (if feasible) why the car is at their place for so long-> this will derive the outcome
4) Lastly this may seem least of the present things while major issue is at hand, do write to FORD to provide an alternate car for daily use till this sorts out, or ask them to reimburse the taxi bill in the mean time.

My suggestions may not be as of experts, but I just wanted to share.
thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gansan (Post 4017298)
it usually is found in small print in the job card which we sign, and will state the vehicle is accepted at owners' risk if something happens while during repair or subsequent road test, despite their taking due care and precautions! Applicable across all brands.

In this case, it is clear that it was negligence. I can understand if the driver got hit by another vehicle.

What are the fair options? In my opinion

1: Replacement of vehicle. Expecting a new vehicle might be over the top. The car is 3 years old + 30k km. They should offer fair market value of the car. Am not sure if you would be open to a second hand equivalent. This would include any load foreclosure charges

2: Replacement of Vehicle with a new one - Offer fair market value as above + a discount off on a new EcoSport / Figo - they are not exactly flying out of the showroom.

3: Repair of vehicle on their own- They should repair it and also compensate you for diminished value due to accident.

4: Repair of vehicle on your insurance - (I know it is not acceptable to you) - As above plus additional compensation due to loss of NCB

The way things have gone, OP has 2 options really:

1. Fight it out: This will see the matter being stretched for weeks and months and maybe even years! Although principally the correct thing, may not be the most practical thing unless OP has resources (spare car, time, money for legal fees, etc).

2. Bite the bullet: Use self insurance and get it repaired. They have offered to pay the customer liability and OP can negotiate the NCB amount and some amount for loss in resale as well perhaps in terms of future services, insurance renewal, etc. Principally not ideal but seems to be the quickest solution.

It's a tough call but then this is the real world.