Team-BHP - Terrible Nexa experience with Bharath Auto Cars (Mangalore)! Bye bye Baleno, hello Elite i20
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Car Dealerships (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/)
-   -   Terrible Nexa experience with Bharath Auto Cars (Mangalore)! Bye bye Baleno, hello Elite i20 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/178381-terrible-nexa-experience-bharath-auto-cars-mangalore-bye-bye-baleno-hello-elite-i20.html)

This Originally was a Post to Bharath Auto Cars, Mangalore on Facebook, by me...
My Brother in Law had booked a Baleno Alpha Diesel in February 2016 and had been on wait list all along. on 19th July he was shown a car whose pictures are reproduced below following which i posted this on Facebook to the dealer.

Terrible Nexa experience with Bharath Auto Cars (Mangalore)! Bye bye Baleno, hello Elite i20-img_0083.jpg
a car that has a waiting period of more than 6 months catches moss!!

Terrible Nexa experience with Bharath Auto Cars (Mangalore)! Bye bye Baleno, hello Elite i20-img_0084.jpg
Scratch on Bumper LHS

Terrible Nexa experience with Bharath Auto Cars (Mangalore)! Bye bye Baleno, hello Elite i20-img_0085.jpg
Grime and Slush on LHS Cowl Cover

Terrible Nexa experience with Bharath Auto Cars (Mangalore)! Bye bye Baleno, hello Elite i20-img_0086.jpg
The RHS Cowl Cover

Terrible Nexa experience with Bharath Auto Cars (Mangalore)! Bye bye Baleno, hello Elite i20-img_0087.jpg
The Apron

Terrible Nexa experience with Bharath Auto Cars (Mangalore)! Bye bye Baleno, hello Elite i20-img_0088.jpg
The Air Intake with the date of Inspection Scribbled by MSIL

Terrible Nexa experience with Bharath Auto Cars (Mangalore)! Bye bye Baleno, hello Elite i20-img_0089.jpg
Moss Around the Handle

Terrible Nexa experience with Bharath Auto Cars (Mangalore)! Bye bye Baleno, hello Elite i20-img_0090.jpg
The Moss Infested door Handle

Terrible Nexa experience with Bharath Auto Cars (Mangalore)! Bye bye Baleno, hello Elite i20-img_0091.jpg
The RHS Door

Terrible Nexa experience with Bharath Auto Cars (Mangalore)! Bye bye Baleno, hello Elite i20-img_0092.jpg
The RHS Door Again!

An insight into the PDI process followed by Nexa (Bharat Auto) Mangalore. Pictures of a Baleno which is supposed to have completed PDI at Bharath Nexa AND WAS WAITING FOR DELIVERY ON THURSDAY 21ST JULY , moss growth on rear Parking sensor, MOSS IN Crevices between the Bumper and the Body, Thick Mud slush and grime accumulation around the cowl covers.... The Sales personnel Elroy, sachin and their So called Boss, Manoj Saying that the car is new, and having a Goofy expression on their face as if to say who is this ArS***** to question us and our practices. The Ball joints, Lower arms show traces of oxidation, the rear Right Door sill Texture is different from the other 3 doors which suggests a repaint, 3 finger prints on the Right B Pillar base which suggests that a painter has worked on it. the Sales Executive on Friday 15th July says there is no Vehicle in Transit, on Saturday says the Vehicle is in Transit from Haryana and on Monday the vehicle reaches mangalore from Haryana covering a distance that is otherwise covered in 10 days, within two days( airlifted eh?).

VIN No: MA3EWB62SGE179889
ENGINE NO: D13A2831649

DEAR Dealer REMEMBER THAT You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.

Peeps : if this car is offered to you reject it outright!

Guys at Bharath AutoCars... do you expect me to accept the crappy explanation that you have been trying to provide me during my Visit to the Showroom ?? and does this look like a new car that has come out of the plant with all the moss growth in the crevices and yes BTW the manager never had the courtesy to even return a call on several earlier occasions even though your colleague had informed you to do so!

BTW the sales person said the PDI was completed and asked us to come to inspect the car and when these defects were pointed out told us flatly that he didn't invite us and the PDI was not completed even though there was a big sticker on the windshield that read 'PDI OK'
PS: My experience during the Visits to Nexa (Bharath Auto) Kadri- when you enter the Showroom you are 'God', when you exit somehow you tend to get treated in the reverse Order of that word above!!!

To Summarise:
1. This is What is called a NEXA Experience!
2. After an Anxious Wait of Almost 6 Months, you are shown such a Vehicle. Joy of Owning a New Car Redefined at NEXA!!
3. if the Guys doing the PDI couldn't Identify these grey...Sorry Green areas, i have my doubts on the competence of the Polishers who would be trying to do a coverup!
4. Haryana to Mangalore - Container trucks take just 2 Days to arrive.
5.During my visit on 15th July, the whole showroom didn't have any idea of any vehicle being in transit, and had shown me a list of persons who are waiting for a 'White Baleno', The List hasn't Changed on 19th but someone has cancelled the Booking.. MAGIC!!!!
6. Baleno's are so very eco friendly that moss grows on the Cars during the said transit period of 2 days! WOW!!!

Terrible Nexa experience with Bharath Auto Cars (Mangalore)! Bye bye Baleno, hello Elite i20-img_0093.jpg
The Grime between the Door Hinges

Terrible Nexa experience with Bharath Auto Cars (Mangalore)! Bye bye Baleno, hello Elite i20-img_0094.jpg
The Moss around the parking Sensor...Mind you this is a car that has a 6 month waiting period!!Moss grown in the factory or during transit ?

Terrible Nexa experience with Bharath Auto Cars (Mangalore)! Bye bye Baleno, hello Elite i20-img_0099.jpg
Moss Below the Tail Lamp Cluster

Terrible Nexa experience with Bharath Auto Cars (Mangalore)! Bye bye Baleno, hello Elite i20-img_0100.jpg
Again moss between the Bumper and the metal body

Terrible Nexa experience with Bharath Auto Cars (Mangalore)! Bye bye Baleno, hello Elite i20-img_0101.jpg
Moss, grime and what not between the roof rub rails!

My Comments from the Post on Facebook: Questions and Answers!

1. Question: Now cous there's demand for the baleno dealers/ executives are least bothered! They don't care if they lose a costumer as they know someone els is ready to pick it up.. its jus a matter of time that days will come that they have to plead the costumer to buy a baleno! One of my friend had booked a vehicle and it had been almost 4 months that there was no sign of the vehicle coming... When he decided to cancel the vehicle the executive at Nexa straight away cancelled it without even trying to convince him to wait for sometime atlas!

Ans: Our experience is one that takes this indifference to a Higher Level! its not that they are giving the car Free of Cost. Law requires that when a contract is entered into for sale of goods and the price demanded is for a particular quality of goods he should be given the goods that are not deficient in quantity or quality!

2. Question: If a repaint job is done to damage on the car, its a serious matter, A few agencies in Qatar were shut down for doing just such a thing last year. If such a thing is done, and in practice it cannot happen without the top management being aware and by top management I mean Maruthi inclusive and it has to be bigger than a local level problem. Moreover NEXA was created to deliver a premium customer experience with superior products.

Ans: The car is invoiced somewhere mid last month. the buyer doesn't accept delivery nor makes payment. what would the seller normally do ? he would sell it to the next person waiting in line... would he keep it for 30 odd days before showing it to No 4 in line unless the Seller knew that there was a defect and he was trying to pass it on to a person who appeared dumb enough to accept his 2 days Gurgaon to Mangalore by container logic !!!

The Manager of Nexa came to visit us at our office on 19th July 2016. The Manager of NEXA apologised for the so called miscommunication of the car having left Gurgaon on Saturday 16th July and reached Mangalore on 18th July Monday and having completed PDI on 19th July. In Fact, it appears now that the car was invoiced to some other buyer last month (note the date of inspection of the car scribbled by MSIL on the air intake in one of the photos ) and that he hadn't taken delivery of it. Now the Mystery deepens as no explanation of the whereabouts of the car is given for the last 30 odd days, and why that car was allotted to us now after more than a month, when we were 4th in waiting on their list for a white Baleno, and why it wasn't offered then when the buyer to whom it was invoiced didn't take it 30 days ago!! IMHO the Car seems to be having a dubious past!!

3. Question: The allotment of Baleno is done by MSIL and the same is sent to dealer with name of buyer, VIN number duly specified. So selling a 30 days old car, lying in a open yard, alloted and invoiced to somebody else, now sold to you with another invoice is very surprising.

From an economists point of view also it doesn't make sense for the owner of the Business to have his money blocked in sale that is not paid for by the prospective buyer of a very much in demand Car for a month and paying interest on the same say at 12% on the channel Finance availed by him unless what i said above about the days spent by the car as nobody's child / shady past for 30 days is true

A leading doctor, practising in Mangalore sends me a message which reads thus: "This is car which has a waiting list running into 6 months...How can they say QUOTE About the moss formation the cars are kept in yards and due to monsoon now moss formation is natural UNQUOTE which contradicts the Waiting list theory"

Now comes the icing on the cake. The Manager of Nexa has the audacity to send in this mail---->>Fw Cancellation Request Baleno 13 Alpha white Dr Geover Lobo.pdf His questions and my rejoinders (below)

UPDATE: Here is a mail written by Anil Sequeira the Manager of Nexa on July 22nd! to the Customer on receiving the cancellation request. email sent from: anil.sequeira@nexadealer.com

My Views on It.
1. Anil Sequeira! Geover Lobo is NOT my friend. He is my Brother-In-Law. He is family. You met me and his brother Gaver Lobo in our office with Denis Gonsalves. Shows the quality of your KYC.. FYKI KYC means Know your Customer!

2. Basis on your request, vehicle was made available to see for making full and final payment for the vehicle on 19/07/2016 evening at round 6 pm. Your visit along with your friend to see the vehicle and your observations on the cleanliness of the vehicle was a mere fact that it was not ready to be delivered , as the delivery was scheduled 2 days after your visit .(precisely not washed and polished) - I am posting pictures of the Hyundai i20 Elite which was also not ready to be delivered, but provided for inspection! The i20 is Scheduled for Delivery on Monday!! Cleanliness ?? There was MOSS!!!!!! The VIN No: FYKI is MALBM51RLGMXXXXXXXE - Which Means that vehicle was Manufactured in May and also lying around in some yard just like yours! You even refused to give the 18th and 19th Character of the VIN! Do you mean to tell me that this is the quality of Maruti 6-Sigma PDI ?? if Not why did your Sales Executive say that the vehicle had completed PDI? and what about the BIG PDI OK Sticker that you had stuck on the windshield ?

3. This was an provision availed to collect full payment to proceed towards delivery formalities. - If you are thinking that full payment would be made for a vehicle in such a shabby condition, uou are living in a fool's paradise. I Don't think even you bosses would pay for vehicles that they have sought sought to buy which are presented in this manner. And you know your bosses own the 'Elitest' vehicles like Mercedes, Porsche Etc.. I let the readers of this thread to arrive at their own conclusions on your sentense 'provision to collect full payment' ( By trying to CON the Customer about the 2 day Transit from Gurgaon...etc etc). Just explain Anil Sequeira Why did your explanation change the next day that the vehicle was invoiced to some other Customer last Month? Classic Case of ‪#‎ullu‬ Banaoing!. Anil Sequeira You mean you are insensitive to customer satisfaction and all that you need is the Payment...... aren't you aware that the Customer expects to receive goods which are as described and as per the quality promised ?? has your boss endorsed your view ?

4. We allot the vehicles as per FIFO policy , the vehicle which was initially allotted to you was under transit plan which would tentatively be 12 days to reach Mangalore via container. Meanwhile , another vehicle in similar model which you have booked was de-allotted and would go to the next in line booking which was allotted to you as per FIFO. - If you remember well Geover Lobo was 4in in waiting. Why didn't you allot the same to Geover Lobo when the booking was initially Cancelled/ De-allotted. Further when an allotted vehicle is under transit you receive intimation from your principals with the VIN number and customer name. Why haven't you shown it to us? Also speaking about De-Allotment, you said the vehicle was invoiced last month to another customer. Where was the vehicle till then for more than 30 days?

5. We agree to the fact that our Relationship Manager Mr. Alroy have not clarified enough on the process involved in the vehicle allocation. - He wouldn't have been doing so, unless it was under directions from his superior.

6. Pre-delivery inspection was subsequently completed and informed to you on the delivery part on the next day of your visit (20/07/2016) - Do you expect a customer to stick on with his purchase after all that has happened and is detailed on the post. This is like going to a dentist who has plucked out the wrong tooth once again to have the right tooth removed!

Ultimately, the sender of the email would like to prove that what we have done is wrong and the dealership is the aggrieved party and 'Holier than Thou'!! And May i Remind you that your visit to my office was not to apologise but to pressurise me into removing this post!!

Mod Note : Please refrain from typing in all caps. Please do NOT cut-copy-paste text from other word software (MS Word etc.).

Going forward, do keep in mind that it's best to type directly into Team-BHP.

Thanks.

My Final Facebook Post:

The Status is that the we have CANCELLED the Booking and have said Goodbye to the NEXA Experience and do not intend to undergo another NEXA Experience in the near future, mainly due to the dishonesty of the dealer. they could have come out clean about the car being invoiced to someone else last month and the reasons as to why it was in the stock yard till it caught moss!! So much for the SIX SIGMA Standards but they instead they had the Story of the Amazing Container Truck which reaches Mangalore from Gurgaon in 48 Hours . BTW which is the Seventh Sigma Standard!!!. We now expect Delivery of Our Korean Friend on Monday - Chassis number MALBM51RLGMXXXXXX Engine no D4FCGMXXXXXX!!! and Must I add.. the Experience including PDI has been top notch till now!!Pics of the Hyundai i20 Attached Below:Pls compare them to the baleen Pics and arrive at the most plausible conclusions!

Terrible Nexa experience with Bharath Auto Cars (Mangalore)! Bye bye Baleno, hello Elite i20-img_0108.jpg

Terrible Nexa experience with Bharath Auto Cars (Mangalore)! Bye bye Baleno, hello Elite i20-img_0109.jpg

Terrible Nexa experience with Bharath Auto Cars (Mangalore)! Bye bye Baleno, hello Elite i20-img_0110.jpg

Terrible Nexa experience with Bharath Auto Cars (Mangalore)! Bye bye Baleno, hello Elite i20-img_0111.jpg

Terrible Nexa experience with Bharath Auto Cars (Mangalore)! Bye bye Baleno, hello Elite i20-img_0112.jpg

Terrible Nexa experience with Bharath Auto Cars (Mangalore)! Bye bye Baleno, hello Elite i20-img_0113.jpg

Terrible Nexa experience with Bharath Auto Cars (Mangalore)! Bye bye Baleno, hello Elite i20-img_0114.jpg

Terrible Nexa experience with Bharath Auto Cars (Mangalore)! Bye bye Baleno, hello Elite i20-img_0115.jpg

Terrible Nexa experience with Bharath Auto Cars (Mangalore)! Bye bye Baleno, hello Elite i20-img_0116.jpg

Terrible Nexa experience with Bharath Auto Cars (Mangalore)! Bye bye Baleno, hello Elite i20-img_0117.jpg

Quote:

We now expect Delivery of Our Korean Friend on Monday
Congrats on your new Korean friend and wish you a happy ownership with your car!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunilrj (Post 4021277)
This Originally was a Post to Bharath Auto Cars

I have read this entire post, Adding my few cents :

As you have mentioned in your post, you claim that the dealer was not clear in mentioning you the real fact regarding the history of the car.

If you had a real interest of buying a car which you had waited for months, you could have rejected the particular vehicle and could have waited for the next vehicle.If you had tried to solve it this way, you would have continued to be treated like GOD.

Even after the PDI by dealer, you were also provided an opportunity to check the car in person before registration, AFAIK many dealers deny PDI though we have every right to do it, but its not an issue in your case as you were allowed for PDI.

And moreover, as per your post, Dealer has not forced you to buy that particular vehicle, so you had every right to reject the car.

As the car is selling like a Hot Cake, every dealer insists on payment soon, which could be done only after you are satisfied with the car.

I feel sorry for what the experience you had but for that complaining the entire NEXA system is not fair, as there are thousands of happy customers who are happy with both their Cars and Dealership Experience.

I agree to your point that you heard some stories regarding the car being 30 days old, but, it could be a rear case.
I dont think, as you mentioned that, dealer has made fool of, as you had every right to reject that particuler vehicle, being one among the only six NEXAs in Karnataka, many prospective owners will be impacted by your post and a dealer cannot make fool of all of them.

PS: I read somewhere in your post that you had mentioned that Baleno dealers will pleed customers to buy their product, but being an MSIL's successful product and an upcoming Booster Jet, I dont think this will happenlol:

I am sorry Kashyap but I have a different point of view. The OP is only talking about his terrible experience at one particular outlet which I feel is perfectly fair. IMHO the dealer was just hoping that the OP would not notice all the things that he did. If the dealer was really straight forward he should have informed all the things that the OP found upfront and not waited for him to discover it.

What I understand from the original post is that the showroom for whatever reasons had a car lying and due to the demand the car has have tried / are trying to push the car to the first buyer and it was their bad luck that it turned out to be someone who is careful in the entire buying process. I am sure this car would now go to someone who would be happy to get the car quickly and will not bother much about a PDI etc. Such center's bring distrust to the entire brand.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arvind71181 (Post 4021418)
I am sorry Kashyap but I have a different point of view. The OP is only talking about his terrible experience at one particular outlet which I feel is perfectly fair. IMHO the dealer was just hoping that the OP would not notice all the things that he did. If the dealer was really straight forward he should have informed all the things that the OP found upfront and not waited for him to discover it.

What I understand from the original post is that the showroom for whatever reasons had a car lying and due to the demand the car has have tried / are trying to push the car to the first buyer and it was their bad luck that it turned out to be someone who is careful in the entire buying process. I am sure this car would now go to someone who would be happy to get the car quickly and will not bother much about a PDI etc. Such center's bring distrust to the entire brand.

Well... Exactly.. i stepped into the picture only on 15th of July since the buyer was my brother-in -Law. Being a doctor he doesn't have a flair for cars and doesn't even know what a PDI is. since he told me on Saturday 16th July at about 10 am that he has received a message from the Sales advisor that his Vehicle has been put in Transit from Haryana and on 18th that the Vehicle has arrived in Mangalore and that after PDI he can see it on 19th my suspicions were aroused as the container couldn't Travel 2168 KMS in 48 Hours and i told him to not to remit the payment before inspection of the Vehicle. hadn't i intervened and checked the vehicle, this vehicle would have been delivered to him.

PS: the Normal Transit time from Haryana is 7 to 10 days

Kashyap,

1.the whole point is how long do you wait ? when the Nexa manager visited my office after the happenings on 19th, he said there is a car in Transit, but wasn't able to provide the VIN, though normally when a car is put in Transit, the Manufacturer mentions the Vin Number and the Customers name to whom it is allotted in their communication of dispatch.

2. Dealers cannot deny PDI. The Subject matter of the contract of sale must be available for inspection; though not for a test drive.

3. Dealer had initially demanded payment on 16th when he said the vehicle has been put in Transit and on 18th when the so called container arrived. Normally dealers give 72 hours to the buyer to make the payment before the car is de-allotted and given to the next in line, but after it has been inspected. The force was there to buy the vehicle since they said they do not know when another car would be dispatched. This was on 19th when i pointed out the defects. rushing through payments is a smart tactic followed by dealers. read my BMW Thread and you see what happened there!

4. This is a fact as that the car was invoiced to someone else 30 days before showing it to us and was acknowledged by the Manager as such. so now comes the question of integrity of the dealer as he could have just said that. the question as to why it wasn't allotted to someone else in those 30 days is still a mystery instead of giving a story of the 2 day Transit!

5. regarding the pleading by the dealers, it was a comment by someone else, to whom i have replied.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arvind71181 (Post 4021418)

I agree to your point sir, but, when OP had every right to reject the car, blaming the entire brand is not fair.
IMO, if the dealer had forced you to make payment for such a car when you didn't notice those flaws or if the dealer covers up all those with some sort of polish, then it would have become a sort of injustice by the dealer.

Quote:

the showroom for whatever reasons had a car lying and due to the demand the car has have tried / are trying to push the car to the first buyer and it was their bad luck that it turned out to be someone who is careful in the entire buying process.
As you have clearly mentioned, for a car with high demand, every dealer, be it Bharath Auto Cars or any other will surely try to sell the car which is in their stockyard, glad that Sunilrj denyed it, but one or the other who is in need of the car urgently, will buy it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunilrj (Post 4021422)
Well... Exactly.. i stepped into the picture only on 15th of July since the buyer was my brother-in -Law. Being a doctor he doesn't have a flair for cars and doesn't even know what a PDI is. since he told me on Saturday 16th July at about 10 am that he has received a message from the Sales advisor that his Vehicle has been put in Transit from Haryana and on 18th that the Vehicle has arrived in Mangalore and that after PDI he can see it on 19th my suspicions were aroused as the container couldn't Travel 2168 KMS in 48 Hours and i told him to not to remit the payment before inspection of the Vehicle. hadn't i intervened and checked the vehicle, this vehicle would have been delivered to him.

PS: the Normal Transit time from Haryana is 7 to 10 days

Sir,
Sorry for the experience you had with NEXA. I am not from Bharath Auto Cars to take stand to themlol:. The only thing that I wanted to share in my original post is, its ok to share your experience with a dealership either good or bad, but blaming the entire brand is not fair IMO, there are many buyers who wants to buy MSIL products, and these may impact them.

This type of cases happen in other manufacturers too as we see many posts stating huge discounts on cars with older manufacturing dates and thats not a part of cheating by dealer. If you had requested Form-21, you would have got the entire details and Manufacturing date.

PS : As you will be getting new car soon, enjoy with it !!

Cheers!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunilrj (Post 4021277)
This Originally was a Post to Bharath Auto Cars, Mangalore on Facebook, by me...

Thanks for sharing the incident. Has Maruti been directly involved any time after you raised the concern? Have you also mailed Maruti about these findings? If not, I request you to do that as well. Even if you have moved on to a different brand / product, this might trigger Maruti to keep a close watch on the dealer / impose some fines and may also add to them defining / improvising process for better customer experience.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kashyapz8055 (Post 4021430)
I agree to your point sir, but, when OP had every right to reject the car, blaming the entire brand is not fair...

Why not? It's Maruti who has appointed the dealer and they have to ensure there are no malpractices done. The dealers can't cook up a story to deceive the customer and "trick" them into buying a defective product. The point here is not just the car remaining in the stockyard, but that of a re-painted panel too.

Quote:

..The only thing that I wanted to share in my original post is, its ok to share your experience with a dealership either good or bad, but blaming the entire brand is not fair IMO, there are many buyers who wants to buy MSIL products, and these may impact them...

There should be impact and Maruti should take notice. That's the exact point of such threads. This is also to empower the potential customers that there are frauds in the business and they better be taking care of themselves than to rely on the info provided by the dealer.

And to top it, we are talking about the "premium" dealer here and I have read more negative reports about Nexa than the regular dealers. Do they think they can mis-treat the customers because the word "premium" is mentioned a whole lot of time along with the brand name? Or do they think they are above the customers ?

Quote:

Sorry for the experience you had with NEXA. I am not from Bharath Auto Cars to take stand to themlol:. The only thing that I wanted to share in my original post is, its ok to share your experience with a dealership either good or bad, but blaming the entire brand is not fair IMO, there are many buyers who wants to buy MSIL products, and these may impact them.

The dealer is ALWAYS the representative brand. If the dealer screws up then the brand the dealer represents will get its image tarnished.

It's perfectly alright to blame the brand if the dealer of that brand is at fault.

I think Sunil was absolutely justified in cancelling the Baleno booking since quite naturally he felt cheated by the conduct of the dealer. Suzuki has to still get the Nexa experience finetuned. Way too many glitches as of now.

That's exactly why Team bhp emphasises the pre delivery inspection and you've very fortunately been observant and found a number of issues. Had I been in your shoes, I would have reacted similarly.

Too bad Suzuki Nexa lost a potential customer to Hyundai. Good luck with the new ride in your family.

Quote:

but blaming the entire brand is not fair IMO, there are many buyers who wants to buy MSIL products, and these may impact them.

Blaming the brand is the only way MSIL will take notice of how the dealership is driving customers away from MSIL products. If MSIL does not take notice dealerships will keep cheating customer's and they will think it is "Ok" for them to do this because the brand won't do anything. The dealerships represent the brand. Even Customers who plan on buying MSIL cars must be made aware of this.

I second the OP every way. The Nexa thing is highly overrated and how much ever suited booted people you sport there, they give a damn to your concerns and are devoid of even the basic rationale of sales. I had a first hand experience of Nexa when I went first time that too for cancellation. Their attitude was like "Go To Hell if you are not buying from us" and I am not exaggerating.

What I still don't understand is what will happen to their unsolicited ego when the Baleno fever dries up. Would they continue with it and be high and dry or become regular SAs who are mostly seen pleading to the customers to buy the product? Whatever it is, Hyundai is miles ahead in making their customers feel special whether you buy an Eon or a Santa Fe. I am not one of their customers but the way they treat even a prospect is second to none.

All the best with your purchase.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunilrj (Post 4021422)
Well... Exactly.. i stepped into the picture only on 15th of July since the buyer was my brother-in -Law. Being a doctor he doesn't have a flair for cars

I don't know why sales advisor/service centre people think it's easy to fool/loot doctors. I have seen this couple of times. Bharath Nexa was trying to sell a repaired car for sure. They would have picked an unsuspecting customer to push the car.

Maruti is trying a lot and investing to promote brand Nexa. But these kind of horrible dealership experience would ultimately kill everything.

Did you not try Mandovi Nexa, Mangalore? I have bought both Baleno & S-Cross from Mandovi Nexa. Overall experience was really good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by swiftnfurious (Post 4021915)
Thanks for sharing the incident. Has Maruti been directly involved any time after you raised the concern? Have you also mailed Maruti about these findings? If not, I request you to do that as well. Even if you have moved on to a different brand / product, this might trigger Maruti to keep a close watch on the dealer / impose some fines and may also add to them defining / improvising process for better customer experience.

Maruti has been tagged in the Facebook thread. but till date there is no response.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangespat (Post 4022420)
Blaming the brand is the only way MSIL will take notice of how the dealership is driving customers away from MSIL products. If MSIL does not take notice dealerships will keep cheating customer's and they will think it is "Ok" for them to do this because the brand won't do anything. The dealerships represent the brand. Even Customers who plan on buying MSIL cars must be made aware of this.

I second that

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Naren (Post 4022863)
I don't know why sales advisor/service centre people think it's easy to fool/loot doctors. I have seen this couple of times. Bharath Nexa was trying to sell a repaired car for sure. They would have picked an unsuspecting customer to push the car.

Maruti is trying a lot and investing to promote brand Nexa. But these kind of horrible dealership experience would ultimately kill everything.

Did you not try Mandovi Nexa, Mangalore? I have bought both Baleno & S-Cross from Mandovi Nexa. Overall experience was really good.

Sales/service centres loot doctors because they think doctors have a lot of money, which is not always the case. Mandovi Nexa we didn't try for two reasons one because Bharath Nexa is about a KM away from where we live (Arya Samaj Road) and Mandovi is about 5 Kms Away and secondly Ive caught Mandovi way back in 2007 trying to sell a swift with a repainted A Pillar which when stripped showed weld marks on the inner side!

I had an almost similar experience with Honda 3 months back. The dealer tried to sell me a 14 month old vehicle. The fact remains that almost all dealers are like that. This dealer in Mumbai is the dealer for Honda, Hyundai, BMW , Jaguar and Landrover. So no matter what car is purchased you are dealing with same people or business owners.

In my case what I did after lot of arguments and rejecting one car, is bought another one from the same dealer in another colour. That's because I wanted to buy the same car and not another model. How I looked at it is, I have spent some time and energy doing negotiation with the dealer and if I walk away and go to another dealer it is waste of my time and most likely I have to re negotiate.

However since you were not hard set on the vehicle, you did a good thing by walking away. Wish you good luck and many years of fuss free ownership with your Hyundai.