Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2017, 13:10   #31
BHPian

Re: Video recording of your car being serviced?

I own an Alto K10. Here's what I do:
1. When in the NCR, I used to know a guy through family connections at a MASS. Drove 50km to get the service done under his supervision, and with me next to the car. Excellent service :-)
2. Moved to Jaipur, checked reviews (spoke to people) and went there. Requested them to allow me to be with the car, they agreed. Friendly mechanics, lots of chit-chat and many useful inputs for me.
3. Came home to Chennai. Already experienced ABT care, but Guindy MASS felt way too busy. Checked out the ECR ABT MASS and felt reassured. But, they said they wouldn't let me stand with my car.

I replied, "There are 3 MASS between here and my house and at least 10 more good ones within a 5km radius of my house. If you say no, I can let someone else earn money - you decide". It took them 30 seconds, and they agreed.

Built a good relationship with the Service Advisor and the mechanics who work on my car. They know me now, and hopefully, they'll do a good job even if I don't get the time to wait next time.

Why do I still continue doing this, if the trust is built up?
One bad incident - at (probably) the oldest MASS. PASCO, right next to MS Factory in Gurgaon. (My family friend had mvoed to Hyundai, since the MASS where he worked had closed). The SA at PASCO tried to con me (had a bit of tuk-tuk noise coming from underbody, initially diagnosed as "drive shaft dust boot cut due to stone impact - need drive shaft replacement - est. 6k total". I stood right next to the car and insisted that they show me the drive shaft dust boot. No issue there. Installed a new one, took it for a drive, same noise.

A senior mechanic then explained that it was actually the gearbox mounting bush that had worn off.

Got that replaced. Hardly 400 bucks, including labour.

Until such time that I can fully trust these guys (don't know if that can happen), I'll demand to stand next to my car and observe the service. The good thing (for us) with MASS is, there's too much money to be made, and too many competitors for the service guys to let us go so easily :-)
KSTejaswi is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed