Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2017, 12:48   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid owner charged for TWO intercoolers by authorised dealer

Isn't this the norm today? Isn't this how service centers make money? I'm hardly surprised. I believe this has nothing to do with Skoda! Leave those guys alone! This is a new way for SC's to mint money. They just make hay while the sun shines, unethically!

A family friend of ours had the front fender of his Toyota Crysta damaged by an irresponsibly driven auto. Bill? I don't know! But one thing I know is that it took them a few weeks to get the car. The SC changed a lot of items, including the steering column!
Why all this drama? "Sir, your insurance policy says that whatever happens in the first 6 months, you only need to pay Rs 2000 no matter what! We want to make sure no issues crop up in the near future"

That, and Rs 35k for a litre of condenser oil from Mercedes Benz has made me lose trust with service centres generally! To be honest, they're here to make money, not to do us a favour!
Turbohead is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th February 2017, 13:29   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
As noted in the Mercedes thread, the customers have to be vigilant. This can happen with any dealer, not sure why SKODA is the favorite bashing brand on Team BHP.
I do not approve of Skoda not going through the dealer bills despite the whole system being centralised which is right under their eyes. Especially after having owned the bad reputation over the years because of the dealers to cover up the losses given the sales figures skoda does. But why not Bash ? Bash everytime you see a fraud irrespective of brand.

That said, I have had services from Bangalore and Hyderabad skoda service centres and i have had the best service from them. My service experience with skoda beats the Maruti, Hyundai and Fiat. This comes after multiple observations upon multiple severity and priority levels of services.
blackbeast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2017, 13:50   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As noted in the Mercedes thread, the customers have to be vigilant. This can happen with any dealer, not sure why SKODA is the favorite bashing brand on Team BHP.
I hope you realize that it is a standard statement at the bottom of all bills.
Well, if the same brand keeps playing various types of mischiefs to their customers, they don't exactly deserve a praise, do they?

How will a customer be vigilant if he is kept out of the loop, not allowed visits to the workshop, not given access to the parts list, workshop manuals etc?
Old 19th February 2017, 16:12   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeast View Post
I do not approve of Skoda not going through the dealer bills despite the whole system being centralised which is right under their eyes. Especially after having owned the bad reputation over the years because of the dealers to cover up the losses given the sales figures skoda does. But why not Bash ? Bash everytime you see a fraud irrespective of brand.

That said, I have had services from Bangalore and Hyderabad skoda service centres and i have had the best service from them. My service experience with skoda beats the Maruti, Hyundai and Fiat. This comes after multiple observations upon multiple severity and priority levels of services.
As you can read at the start of the thread the dealership has been revoked. I am not sure who would take the extra effort to audit an already revoked dealer. My experience with Skoda has been similar to my experience with Maruti.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Well, if the same brand keeps playing various types of mischiefs to their customers, they don't exactly deserve a praise, do they?

How will a customer be vigilant if he is kept out of the loop, not allowed visits to the workshop, not given access to the parts list, workshop manuals etc?
They definitely need improvement. But we can be at least objective than painting with a broad brush.The least one can do is to verify the invoice before paying up.
Old 19th February 2017, 17:18   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As you can read at the start of the thread the dealership has been revoked. I am not sure who would take the extra effort to audit an already revoked dealer. My experience with Skoda has been similar to my experience with Maruti.
Agree - There is no point in auditing a dealer who is already dismissed, but now that the matter has come to light, should'nt Skoda make amends to the customer for the blatant fraud and overcharging?

Quote:
They definitely need improvement. But we can be at least objective than painting with a broad brush.The least one can do is to verify the invoice before paying up.
Again agree, the customer should ideally verify the invoice before paying up. However in this case, the customer was abroad and his parents who are not as car savvy were the ones paying up. They did not know that the authorized dealer would charge them for the same item twice. Heck, many of the car savvy customers would miss this sort of a double charge in the invoice.
Skoda has had multiple run ins in the past, and their role in addressing customer complaints has been pathetic in the past, hence the rampant Skoda bashing on this and many other forums.
Lalvaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2017, 21:50   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I guess it's an objective statement to say Skoda has many such instances reported here? That sounds better?

Why should the invoice be fudged in the first place for a customer to go through it? And why is the customer not allowed to have a say in the matter of repairs? The sole reason here appears to be to fleece the customer.
honeybee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 19:52   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

I wonder if we will be instigated again. Will we see some more posts by "Skoda corporate" now?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1233516

Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 23:29   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quite a shocking way to cheat the gullible customer. Such so called dealers or ex- dealers of the Brand Skoda are starved of customers.

They have an establishment to maintain, workers to pay and also earn handsome profits to roll out (+) balance sheets. Since their cars sell a few hundreds every month, the footfalls at such outlets are low. Moreover it is an ex- dealer here.

Hence, this is their normal way of functioning I believe.
Old 21st February 2017, 20:21   #24
BHPian

Just remembered this Business Law:-

Caveat emptor is a Latin term that means "let the buyer beware." Similar to the phrase "sold as is," this term means that the buyer assumes the risk that a product may fail to meet expectations or have defects.

Similarly, services in India are also governed by the same rule. We all know that Products do fail sometimes, but Service always (most of the time) fails.

It's a circle and comes from the top (read Politicians) to the bottom.

Just curious! Which Insurance Co. is this?
Old 22nd February 2017, 11:57   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
Just remembered this Business Law:-

Caveat emptor is a Latin term that means "let the buyer beware." Similar to the phrase "sold as is," this term means that the buyer assumes the risk that a product may fail to meet expectations or have defects.

Similarly, services in India are also governed by the same rule. We all know that Products do fail sometimes, but Service always (most of the time) fails.

It's a circle and comes from the top (read Politicians) to the bottom.

Just curious! Which Insurance Co. is this?
One of the exceptions to caveat emptor is "fitness for purpose" wherein the buyer tells the seller the purpose for which goods are required and then relies on the sellers skills/judgement to deliver the correct goods.

In this case, caveat emptor does not apply. The act of this particular skoda dealership is nothing but fraud under law.

Best,
Enigmatic

Last edited by Enigmatic : 22nd February 2017 at 11:58.
Old 25th February 2017, 17:43   #26
BHPian

Well I have been cheated too on this intercooler thing by Maruti dealership.

My swift dzire rear ended another dzire. It took along radiator , front impact bar and bonnet. Intercooler didnt show any signs of damage then but during the survey it was proposed to be replaced.
2 days after the vehicle was delivered to me I heard some whistling noise right after 1800 rpm until 3000 rpm. I drove for a week and went to the service centre. Those guys ignored this thing completely and told me to wait until some dip in performance happens. After 2 more visits and not getting satisfied with them I contacted the Workshop in-charge and then it was found to be a faulty intercooler. Even further investigations revealed that the intercooler was not replaced after accident at all.

I now even doubt Maruti service standards forget Skoda.
ankitsharma is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks