Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2017, 06:58   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

An excellent experience at Nexa, Ratu road - Ranchi

The NEXA sales channel was started with a motive of providing excellent services, along with taking the showroom experience to a premium level. But often the reports we got from people, about the inefficient and not so polite sales guys at NEXA, led us to believe that the ground reality was a far cry from the path breaking service we were promised in the advertorials aired on TV.

I strongly believed that this sales strategy is as flawed as it can get, and from whatever I had experienced about NEXA, it never left a good impression in my mind. Our city has two NEXA outlets: One located in the prime location, bang opposite Hotel Radisson Blu in Main road, which is owned by M/s Premsons Motor(NEXA Main Road). The other is located in an area which can be best described as the outskirts of the city. This NEXA outlet is owned by M/s Sudha Motors(NEXA Ratu Road), and this is the outlet, I'll be talking about in this review.

Prelude: BHPian sumitsinha0280 was looking to book a Baleno Petrol, and he wasn't much aware of the prices, variants and waiting period. He initially visited NEXA Main road, which is owned by M/s Premsons Motor on 9th May 2017, to enquire about the car. What he experienced there was nothing short of a nightmare. I won't be going into finer details as I wasn't there with him that day. But from whatever I could conclude, these were the shortcomings-

-No Valet service. Even if they have it on paper, the valet must be chilling out somewhere.

-Pathetic reception counter experience

-No brochures/pricelist/demo car offered

-It was a sort of self service: The showroom was deserted with no salesmen to take care of you.

-Upon showing his displeasure, he was offered some water, but no one to explain the variants, forget any test drive. They had run out of brochures.

-Apparently, they don't have a dedicated TD car. This is based on my own experience. When I had driven the 1.6 S Cross last year, it was an unregistered car.

He left the showroom dejected. I came to know about this on 10th, when he asked me about the location of the 2nd NEXA outlet. I once had a fairly positive experience with this second showroom(NEXA Sudha Motors) way back in 2015 when the S Cross was newly launched. While our plan for the car didn't materialize then, I met a Relationship manager Mayank, who is undoubtedly the best sales person I have ever come across. Despite not getting our business, he never acted pushy. Rather he had saved my number, and we were in touch for the past two years.

When I heard about Sumit's problem, I told him that I'll introduce him to Mayank, who should hopefully take care of his requirements. Meanwhile, Mayank had forwarded me all the details like pricelist, etc over Whatsapp, and we were supposed to meet him yesterday at the showroom.

Our showroom experience:

-The Valet was extremely courteous, and handled our car(Ritz) with great care. We never felt uncomfortable about handing over our car to someone else(I am very finicky about these things).

-Everyone on the front desk rose when we entered the showroom. I was ecstatic upon this VIP treatment. May be I had undervalued this whole NEXA thing way too much.

-Everything done was with ultimate politeness while exuding top notch mannerism and finesse.

-Once we were comfortably seated, we were given a proper menu card, and we chose our drink.

-Meanwhile the receptionist ensured we got all the attention, right from the brochures to the pricelist-everything was with us within minutes.

-Mayank was in a meeting, so we discussed the features ourselves. It was our fault, as I had promised to turn up by 11am, but because of traffic and other reasons, we could reach the showroom only by 1PM.

-After he came back from his meeting, Mayank gave us the longest demo and TD of the car. Not only did he take us to the Ring Road for a long and proper TD, he also gave us a demo of the ABS, which was damn scary, atleast for me . In a day and age when salesmen consider ABS etc nothing more useful than a set of abbreviations, getting a demo of how the car behaves under panic braking was truly impressive. He gave us these demo in a closed and secluded part of the road, so that our interests don't interfere with the safety of others. Never did he blink an eyelid when we were taking an extended test drive. We had the car all to ourselves for about an hour, and he beautifully summed up all the positives and negatives of the car. We drove both the 1.2L Baleno, and the Baleno RS.

-Being the largest NEXA showroom in Jharkhand, there is no issue of space. Also everything is clean and properly organised.

A view of the showroom from the outside, recent picture taken from their FB wall.
An excellent experience at Nexa, Ratu road - Ranchi-showroom-out2.jpg
An excellent experience at Nexa, Ratu road - Ranchi-showroom-out1.jpg

A view from inside, unlike some cramped NEXA outlets, this one feels spacious and well appointed
An excellent experience at Nexa, Ratu road - Ranchi-spacious-showroom-floor.jpg

-Registered Demo cars. I hate when showrooms use new cars for demo and TD purposes. Not only did they have proper registered demo cars, they had it in multiple numbers too. They have more than 1 cars of each type. Also, the demo cars, despite all the hardships they face, were extremely well maintained.

Baleno TD car
An excellent experience at Nexa, Ratu road - Ranchi-proper-td-car.jpg
An excellent experience at Nexa, Ratu road - Ranchi-proper-td-car-2.jpg

Baleno RS TD car
An excellent experience at Nexa, Ratu road - Ranchi-rs-td-car.jpg

What I liked about Mayank, our RM:

-He is a Petrolhead. Imagine the pleasure of dealing with a well informed Team BHPian as your sales advisor. Well, you have pretty much envisaged him.

-No cheap sales tactics. No false promises. I mean how many salesmen talk about the negatives of the car before showing its positives?? He ensured that we knew every single flaw, and every single strength of the Baleno, so that we take an informed decision. Not that we didn't know it, but his honesty won our favor.

-No pushing for accessories, insurance from showroom etc. He just gave us true facts, and let us take the final call.

I was trying to find some flaw with the whole showroom experience. I mean how can something be so perfect. We dealt with valet guys, receptionist, RMs, accessories guy, but no one gave us any reason to complain. This is something which left me truly overwhelmed. May be we were having a good day, but an experience such as this should be documented and applauded.

The team at NEXA Sudha Motors Ratu road, have surely earned our respect. Other NEXA outlets need to seriously learn a thing or two from these guys.

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 13th May 2017 at 19:30.
Leoshashi is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 15th May 2017, 07:42   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: An excellent experience at Nexa, Ratu road - Ranchi

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to Indian Car Dealerships. Thanks for sharing!
Aditya is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th June 2017, 01:50   #3
BHPian

Re: An excellent experience at Nexa, Ratu road - Ranchi

Thank You Leoshashi for letting me know about this outlet and taking out time to accompany me. Three days back we went to this particular outlet to test drive the Baleno RS. First of all, it was good to see that this outlet has ample parking space for customer cars. We went inside the showroom and were greeted by very well behaved staff. We asked for Mr. Mayank at the reception and within minutes he was at our service. A very honest and knowledgeable person, I must say. I've visited many showrooms but I never found anyone who is genuinely interested in automobiles. He had every details ready with him. Although I was not interested in particularly buying the Baleno RS, he had no problem in giving me a TD. I've seen people lose interest when you clear out that you won't be buying the car now, but this was a completely different case with him. I'm planning to buy a car soon and hence I started enquiring about few cars. Then after some discussion we finally went for the TD. We went to the Ring Road to test the car and drove it for almost half an hour. It was a great experience. Coincidentally, the TD car had a similar number as my car and when I noticed it, I was very excited. I requested Mr. Mayank if I can bring my car within the showroom premises and click a picture of it alongside the TD car. He agreed with a smile without asking any questions. A big Thanks to Mr. Mayank for his generosity. Recommended!

A picture of my car with the TD car. What a coincidence!
An excellent experience at Nexa, Ratu road - Ranchi-20170624_183632.jpg
Swapnil_Alto is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 21:05   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
What I liked about Mayank, our RM:

-He is a Petrolhead. Imagine the pleasure of dealing with a well informed Team BHPian as your sales advisor. Well, you have pretty much envisaged him.

Sad Update: Mayank has left the Ranchi dealership because of some personal issues, and will probably join a NEXA in Bangalore. So all prospective NEXA owners in Bangalore, time to rejoice.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 22:00   #5
BHPian

Wishing him all the best for all his future endeavors. Our auto industry needs more passionate chaps like him.
sumitsinha0280 is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed