Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2017, 09:49   #16
BHPian

Re: Kataria Nexa plays bad dealer, cancels offered deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
As mentioned in my previous post in this thread, the discounts at the time of booking are applicable irrespective of of when the car is delivered. When we bought our Hyundai Xcent in 2015, the booking was done in May last week while we got delivery in July 1st week. But still discounts of May were applicable to our booking.

When the quote was given, the SA said that discounts change from month to month, hence the quote will be applicable if the booking (not delivery) is completed before end of month.
In your case the same discounts would have continued. Usually same discounts continue or discounts get better in the next months. However, in some cases the discounts could go down.

Also in some cases dealers show retails in the system in the previous month but give delivery in the next month.
Old 7th June 2017, 12:05   #17
BHPian

I had a similar experience when I tried to sell off my old Brio in 2015 (exchange offer with 2015 diesel Jazz) to Honda Auto Terrace. After quoting very high for the Brio, luring us into a deal, the sales head tried to reduce the price at every opportunity citing reasons like depreciation for these days, you will drive more etc.

In the end, they said that during an accidental repair done 3 years before that date, the fender was not fitted properly by Honda After Sales (same dealer). My lawyer wife then had to threat them legally saying we will accept his premise if he gives it in writing and in return take legal action against his service manager, the dealership and Honda for shoddy work (and we had to run with an unsafe/unfit car for 3 years). We also said the entire deal was off if he did not agree to give it in writing and that we will take it up with Honda. It was then that he magically closed the matter and bought the car at the originally quoted price.

Some amount of mutual arm-twisting is necessary I believe when you are trying to deal with "pukka" salesmen.
Old 7th June 2017, 12:09   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
I don't believe that is followed by every dealer, since the price isn't fixed until you get the invoice. As I said, the dealers do follow the goodwill generally, and if you book the car and they order it from the manufacturer they get billed at that time, so they can pass you the discount prevailing at that time.
What is the whole point of negotiating a deal and hurrying the booking as quickly as possible if it will change next month?

The car we are buying has been given a delivery period of 30 days. I am sure the dealer sent the booking through within the next two days and the sale will be counted in the same month. Maybe it was just an effort to make me pay little extra.

Increase in taxes, insurance etc is a different point and the dealer would be right in asking me to pay for them.
devarshi84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2017, 11:38   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
This deal has been given in writing by the senior sales guy. We also sealed the deal because considering the exchange bonus offered by Nexa (compared to Ford Aspire) was more.

On the 2nd of this month, I get a whatsapp message (not a call) from the sales guy that my 20,000 exchange bonus has been waived and I will have to pay 20,000 extra because the company has decided to deduct 20,000 exchange bonus. ...What is cooking at maruti that they decided to reduce 20,000 Rs promotion? Does this have anything to do with the facelift?

...5. Does this have anything to do with the facelift model coming out?

... Their solution is to offer a Car lying in Vapi which they will drive down to Ahmedabad and then deliver to us so Odometer will have a high reading (shady???).
Did you get the deal signed by their sales guy on company letter head? I assume so, in which case the exchange bonus can't be changed on the fly. These offers are provided by Co. or are from dealer for 'booking' in that month and should only change for good. It makes zero sense to a customer who would finalize a deal only after considering the discounts and is then given a poor deal. I had lambasted few sales guys when they tried to hoodwink me with this illogical point.

Did you check with another dealer if the exchange value reduction is dealer wide? I think the sales guy's Sr. Manager would have realized that you have been given more discount (which they can't cover from selling Lancer) hence the change. Bargaining on accessories or looking around at other dealers for similar/better offer might be an option.

I would be really apprehensive considering a car from Vapi which you haven't even seen. Also, knowing about car from VIN *before* the car leaves Vapi will help you know the details before hand and not feel obligated of them in any manner. Moreover, I would personally see the car in stock yard before confirming, as you might know that there are instances where some shady dealers have passed on used Test driven cars (the ODOs are stopped) to unsuspecting customers.

Last edited by wangdu : 8th June 2017 at 11:45. Reason: corrected typos.
Old 8th June 2017, 15:38   #20
BHPian

I booked a Ciaz Alpha Diesel from a Nexa Dealer in Hyderabad in the last week of April and took delivery on May 13.

I got about 35-40k discount (no exchange) which was the highest any dealer was willing to give. However the Sales Advisor took 1.5L booking amount instead of the normal 10-15k because he said that was required to lock in the deal at the current months rate (April). He also said he was giving a discount because it was month end and the rates might change next month.

I took everything in writing on the company letter head after reading on TeamBHP stories of dealers not keeping their promises (still to receive the free floor and trunk mats) . Delivery was promised in a few days but it took 2+ weeks after I threatened to cancel my purchase.

My car was manufactured on April 27, 2017 going by the stickers at the time of delivery.

I think all these dealers are the same, they will run after you before you booked and then will just disappear and go back on promises.

Last edited by Foxbat : 8th June 2017 at 15:44.
Old 10th June 2017, 15:17   #21
Senior - BHPian

As mentioned before, Had to resort to arm twisting and now the deal is back on.

Alternatively, I am now getting a quote for 1.27K for my lancer from a used car dealer. I will be sticking to the deal with NEXA instead of running for 10-20grand more. It is human to stick to our words.
devarshi84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2017, 15:28   #22
Senior - BHPian

Update: The car has reached the stockyard today and I have received the chassis and engine number. I will be checking the VIN tomorrow.

But again the Dealer has gone back on his word. They had agreed to offer discount on accessories in this month. The reason given was the change in accessories prices monthly. Now they have flatly denied any such offer and have refused to provide Spoiler and Body Kit at discounted rates.

The car will be given even without floor mats.

So much for a premium experience from NEXA for a 12 lac car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks