Team-BHP - Bought a Volvo V40: 15 months & no RC card from KIFS Motors, Mumbai
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Car Dealerships (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/)
-   -   Bought a Volvo V40: 15 months & no RC card from KIFS Motors, Mumbai (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/188604-bought-volvo-v40-15-months-no-rc-card-kifs-motors-mumbai.html)

This is regarding a delay in obtaining a registration card for my Volvo V40 purchased 27th March 2016 from KIFS VOLVO, Mumbai.

Its been 15months and the dealer just brushes off the issue to the agents every time and are unconcerned about this whole situation. They have no customer care whatsoever. KIFS hardly sell a dozen or two dozen cars every month, how hard is it to keep customers happy?

Its not my job to follow up with the agent appointed by them.

I fail to understand how they aren't familiar with the registration process of cars in India, inspite of all their cars being a CBU. :Frustrati

I have emailed the same to VOLVO AND KIFS, attaching it here too. The whole situation is described in it.

Ive hidden out some details for privacy reasons.

Its very disheartening to see when a dealer selling premium vehicles is not able to get a registration card for more than a year & makes the customer run around them for no fault of his.

Have you got your registration number for the car yet?

If the custom clearance is awaited how could Volvo India sell its car? And does it take a year to obtain it?
How did you manage to renew your insurance?

I think you should await for the reply from Volvo India & plan your next plan of action accordingly.

Volvo & its dealers sell a small amount of cars compared to the German big guns. If they can't take care of this small set of customers, how on earth will they ever manage larger numbers? How difficult can it be to bend over backward for your premium customers? The latest Volvos are very appealing & competent, but a bad service rep won't be doing the brand any favours. Jaguar-Land Rover & Skoda are prime examples of that.

I'm sending a link of your thread to Volvo. Hope the matter is sorted soon.

Wow, I am astonished that you risked driving around for the last 15 months :eek:

I assume that you are unable to purchase insurance as your car is not registered. Any untoward incident would not only burden you financially but also give you avoidable hardships.

Hats off to your patience, however, if ever there was a time to put your foot down, it is NOW.

Quote:

Originally Posted by visky (Post 4233291)
Have you got your registration number for the car yet?
How did you manage to renew your insurance?

The car is registered and Ive got the number too. Insurance was renewed
this year without a problem!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4233863)
Volvo & its dealers sell a small amount of cars compared to the German big guns. If they can't take care of this small set of customers, how on earth will they ever manage larger numbers? How difficult can it be to bend over backward for your premium customers? The latest Volvos are very appealing & competent, but a bad service rep won't be doing the brand any favours. Jaguar-Land Rover & Skoda are prime examples of that.

I'm sending a link of your thread to Volvo. Hope the matter is sorted soon.

Couldn't agree more! Im awaiting reply from VOLVO AND KIFS. A friend wanted to upgrade his (pre facelift) Q5 to an XC90 as he really liked the SUV post his TD and asked me for my dealership experience as he hasn't heard anything about KIFS. I told him not to deal with KIFS as my experience was very poor! With KIFS being the only dealership in Mumbai (unlike Autohanger vs Shaman for Mercedes, Infinity vs Navnit for BMW) he had no choice and he upgraded to the new Q7!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac187 (Post 4233887)
Wow, I am astonished that you risked driving around for the last 15 months :eek:

I assume that you are unable to purchase insurance as your car is not registered. Any untoward incident would not only burden you financially but also give you avoidable hardships.

Hats off to your patience, however, if ever there was a time to put your foot down, it is NOW.

Hardly driven 5500kms since the purchase, I usually drive during nights ONLY.
I agree, I can't keep waiting! If for some reason something happens and I need to claim insurance I would be unable to do so as they need a RC card!

The car is registered. Insurance was renewed this year without a problem! They are just unable to give me the RC card because they await the papers from VOLVO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Y@SH (Post 4233917)
The car is registered. Insurance was renewed this year without a problem! They are just unable to give me the RC card because they await the papers from VOLVO.

Your potential problems will start when having to provide the RC Card to make an insurance claim and if you are out of state