Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2017, 18:22   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Lockdown & strike at DSK Toyota, Pune

That article is from Sept '17 so wonder what has happened in the month since then.

Frankly Mr DSK and his group are up a smelly creek without a paddle no matter how much he denies it. It's best he sells off the property, retires debt to the extent possible and attempts to salvage whatever is left of his business reputation.

It will benefit not just the long suffering unpaid employees and debtors but will also enable another Dealer/Principal to continue attending to Toyota's customers.
Old 1st November 2017, 11:03   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
True.

Recently, Sai Sakshi Ford, Pune shut shop due to financial trouble. Viraaj Skoda (owned by the same group) might reportedly meet the same fate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp_dominator View Post
About Viiraaj Skoda, let me assure you, they are not at all shutting shop in the near future.
These rumours have an ugly way of being true, don't they.

The sentiment about Sai Sakshi was floated a few months before it actually shut down.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4297339
Old 9th December 2017, 14:20   #48
Senior - BHPian

@Pune Toyota TBHP members.. where are you getting your vehicles serviced ?
Old 9th December 2017, 18:36   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

I have an appointment with Sharayu Toyota this month but the feedback on their work is not encouraging primarily due to continued reported overload. This situation is expected to get better only after their 2nd branch at Tathawade opens.

I will probably be out of town and travelling in Karnataka by road. So I may get the car serviced at a Toyota ASC in that State. Will be fixing up an appointment once I reach there.
Old 10th December 2017, 18:44   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
@Pune Toyota TBHP members.. where are you getting your vehicles serviced ?
Vadodara during Diwali time.
When I called the call centre, the guy on other side says ... we regret about Pune dealer but I can help with you an appointment in any other city of your choice; tell me sir which city would you like to get your car serviced in. I was like
Old 17th December 2017, 23:54   #51

Has any T-BHP member who is a Toyota owner, got his vehicle serviced at the new 3S facility of Sharayu Toyota at Tathawade in Pune? Am really eager to hear of the experience at the new facility.
Old 18th December 2017, 18:15   #52
BHPian

Have been seeing a new toyota guy opening shop in Pune - 'Shaw Toyota' - but this has been 'showroom opening soon' for a long time in ICC Tower. I also saw their board come up near Wagholi - but not sure whether its a Service center or just a showroom. Any updates anyone ?
We have 3 Innovas in the family - nowadays being serviced at Sharayu and the experience hasn't been good at all.
Old 18th December 2017, 19:39   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkanitkar View Post
Have been seeing a new toyota guy opening shop in Pune - 'Shaw Toyota' - but this has been 'showroom opening soon' for a long time in ICC Tower. I also saw their board come up near Wagholi - but not sure whether its a Service center or just a showroom. Any updates anyone ?
We have 3 Innovas in the family - nowadays being serviced at Sharayu and the experience hasn't been good at all.
A thread on this is available on the forums. The sales is at ICC Trade and the service center is at Wagholi.
Old 20th December 2017, 20:03   #54
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkanitkar View Post
The showroom is almost ready. Details here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4326030
Old 22nd May 2018, 11:13   #55
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to TBHPian friend, paragsachania for pointing me to this thread. I am quoting myself from my Innova Ownership thread where I have posted this info that Toyota has opened new dealership at Bavdhan called Kothari Toyota
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Sometime back I received a call and the lady at the other end informed me that she is calling from Kothari Toyota, Bavdhan. So looks like after the DSK debacle and the subsequent shutting down of the DSK Toyota operations at Bavdhan and elsewhere, the new dealership has been awarded to Kothari. On asking the lady if they have started operating from the same facility as that of DSK Toyota, she informed that it is a new facility (very near to the DSK Toyota one). So finally some relief for Toyota car owners living around the Bavdhan area.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2018, 12:18   #56
BHPian

Quote:
I am quoting myself from my Innova Ownership thread where I have posted this info that Toyota has opened new dealership at Bavdhan called Kothari Toyota
Crystal Honda Bavdhan which is located just besides DSK Toyota property is owned by Kothari Autolink. 2 weeks back I was at Crystal Honda Bavdhan to service my Car, DSK Toyota premises seemed deserted to me. I don't think it would be operational in same place as DSK Toyota.

Google search led me to https://www.facebook.com/kkothariToyota/

K Kothari new Chandani Chowk seems to be new dealer in Pune and I am not sure it's same as Kothari Autolink of Honda. Surprisingly Toyota has not yet updated its Find a dealer webpage for K Kothari.
Old 23rd May 2018, 18:32   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks to TBHPian friend, paragsachania for pointing me to this thread. I am quoting myself from my Innova Ownership thread where I have posted this info that Toyota has opened new dealership at Bavdhan called Kothari Toyota
Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
K Kothari new Chandani Chowk seems to be new dealer in Pune and I am not sure it's same as Kothari Autolink of Honda. Surprisingly Toyota has not yet updated its Find a dealer webpage for K Kothari.
I too got a call yesterday from a lady to inform me of the new dealership. All I'd say is it is good to have options. I visited Shaw Toyota's service centre at Wagholi today. I live near Bund Garden so it's the closest to my home. Well, it's a TKM dealership so they will follow processes. I needed new wiper blade rubber inserts i.e. the squeegee not the blade assembly. They follow the process and had to open a job card after which a technician installed it for me. My next visit will be on Mon where I need get the under hood insulation replaced.

So, what do I think of Shaw Toyota's service centre? Pretty cramped and not as impressively laid out as DSK Toyota used to be. Neither was Sharayu T's sales centre at Bhosari too impressive.

To be fair I haven't seen the new Sharayu Toyota centre at Tathawade or the Kothari Toyota centre at Bawdhan. But as long as these organisations follow laid down processes and do a good job on my car the cosmetics at the dealership are secondary.

I rely heavily on Toyota's service and spares network to maintain my car. It's a very important part of my Toyota ownership experience. DSK-T shutting down last year was a disappointment and had me reluctantly consider FNGs with me supervising or overseeing the work done. I am a stickler for detail, and simply don't trust FNG mechanics who generally possess a bit of experience repairing scooters or motorcycles. I'd prefer them not learning the ropes with my car!

But now, about year later, all seems to be OK. Phew!

Last edited by R2D2 : 23rd May 2018 at 18:35.
Old 20th June 2018, 18:49   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

On a related note:

Quote:
The Economic offences wing of the Pune police has arrested the MD & CEO of Bank of Maharashtra Ravindra Marathe along with executive director RK Gupta in the Rs 3,000 crore DSK Group loan default case.
Anyone have more information on what DSK group was upto ?
Old 20th June 2018, 19:18   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Anyone have more information on what DSK group was upto ?
You may want to read all that right on this thread itself. Apart from Toyota dealerships, once upon a time they were a trusted' brand.

In short, they ended up in this state after they planned some real big projects like DSK city and 'et al.

My uncle who had visited us from Pune few years back when asked about how DSK City project looks like answered that it's going to bomb when when TV adverts were all over during those days. He was aware that something wasn't just right.
Old 14th July 2019, 09:54   #60
BHPian

Folks from Pune - which is a better for servicing? Shaw, Sharayu or Kothari?
I have been to Sharayu and I found them to be lacking in organizing their operations properly. Even after taking the earliest appointment it took almost an entire day for them to complete the servicing. DSK on the other hand was very efficient and organized in this respect.
On the service effectiveness, they didn't do a good job with wheel alignment and I had to get it redone at a FNG.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks