Team-BHP - Volvo Bangalore dealer (Martial Motors) differs with Volvo's official price list!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Car Dealerships (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/)
-   -   Volvo Bangalore dealer (Martial Motors) differs with Volvo's official price list! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/188910-volvo-bangalore-dealer-martial-motors-differs-volvos-official-price-list.html)

I was looking forward to buy an XC90 Inscription in Bangalore and was already in talks with Martial Motors sales manager but when I was about to make the booking, my business partner says he wants to book an XC90 Excellence as well and a S60 Polestar.

Called the sales manager and informed him about the XC90s and S60 Polestar purchase and asked him to get me best on road price. A friend happened to know MD of Martial Motors and he said I will talk to Ritesh and get me the best discount possible.

I wait for a few days and they got back to me with the pricing, was not super happy with the pricing of XC90s but Ritesh said that this is the lowest he can offer. I got about 8L discount on the D5 Inscription and 16L on the Excellence (both with free extended warranty which is extra 1.5L). S60 Polestar deal was closed at 60L OTR and advance payment was made, the car is due for delivery on 28th which may not happen as I am thinking of cancelling the purchase. Read below as to why.

Now start the shady tactics. Mr.Ritesh says both the cars will be MY18 103.5 and there will be some features which will be added compared to MY17 cars, when I ask him what are the extra features he says massager seats and 360 degree camera and something else, he does not have an answer for that something else. Ritesh promised me that both the cars will be delivered within 4 weeks from the date of booking.

The sales manager in the meantime calls me and says auto braking i.e. intellisafe has been activated for all Volvo XC90s in India but not on the lone TD car they have which sounded shady to me. I told the manager get it activated on the TD car and get it home as my mom wants to check the car and I want to test the intellisafe system before I book. The sales manager dropped at my office yesterday afternoon to collect the cheque. I told him until you get me that TD with intellisafe car and get me better pricing, else I am not booking.

Last evening I was checking Talwar Volvo website and was shocked to see the ex-showroom price of the car , then checked Mumbai pricing it was the same as Hyderabad and again checked Bangalore pricing, it is advertised same but in reality it is not.

Website Prices of Talwar Volvo Hyderabad, KIFS Volvo Mumbai and Martial Motors Bangalore.

Ex-Showroom Price of D5 Inscription in Hyderabad, Mumbai, Bangalore: 82,90,000/-
Ex-Showroom Price of T8 Excellence in Hyderabad, Mumbai, Bangalore: 1,27,50,000/-

Here are the links to respective dealer’s websites.

Hyderabad: Talwar Volvo Prices

Mumbai: KIFS Volvo Prices

Bangalore: Martial Volvo Prices

These are the prices of both cars in reality in Bangalore.
D5 Inscription: 85,90,000/-
T8 Excellence: 1,38,00,000 /-

I called up Ritesh and confronted him on the same, his argument is that the website prices are wrong and Volvo never updated them and they are pre GST prices. Well the irony is that I have the pre GST prices and they are nowhere close to what is advertised on the website. Ritesh says those are wrong prices and Talwar cannot give you at those prices as I know Talwar as well. You are free to go ahead and call Talwar and get prices, it will be the same as what I am selling in Bangalore.

Took help of my cousin and got quote from Talwar Hyderabad and another friend helped me in getting the price list from KIFS Volvo Mumbai. The ex-showroom price advertised in their respective websites is what they are quoting on paper as well, shared the same with Ritesh over WhatsApp and asked him what this is and called him.

Below is the conversation I had with him over call

Me: Why is your ex showroom higher than what it is sold elsewhere?
Ritesh: This is my pricing - either you buy or you don't buy and I have the control over pricing and I have offered you best deal.

Me: That is totally wrong, how can you dealers control the prices. Take Merc or Audi or BMW - they quote exact same prices what is given in their own website.
Ritesh: I have the control over prices and I can increase or reduce them. I have my reasons which I cannot tell you

Me: I don’t want to do business with people who are shady and unethical.
Ritesh: Sir, this is not correct. I have been talking to you since long and have given you enough discounts and this is my call. You can go buy Mercs or Audi or BMW but this is my final price.

Me: Ritesh, I will have to rethink about doing business with you and there is no point you offering me discount after jacking up the prices at your will and wish.
Ritesh: You are free to not book with me and go ahead and buy elsewhere

Me: I am ready to book the cars paying full price i.e. without any discounts or freebies if your ex showroom price is same as advertised by Volvo.

I do not record my calls but in this case I wish i had activated recording.I never liked the tone of his voice over the call. He sounded rude and arrogant

Vice President Sales of Talwar Volvo called me up like 10 minutes ago. He was asking me why are you buying in Hyderabad when you are in Bangalore. I told what happened, he was like the prices what you are telling me are wrong and what you have received from my dealership is what Volvo sells all over India.

I shared the Bangalore pricelist with him over the call and he says “Sir this is not real, these are not the prices of Volvo Cars in India, the pricing across India is same exactly of what was shared to you. I am not sure what is happening and why is this happening”, during the course of call he told me that Inscription cannot be delivered before November 15th as Volvo India does not have stock and if Mr. Ritesh has told you that the car will be delivered in 4 weeks, that is not true. I was shocked again, first a lie about pricing and now a lie about delivery.

VP sales of Talwar asks me whether I am still interested in booking the cars and he will talk to President of Martial Motors. I said yes but only if he can provide answers for the below.

1) Why are the prices in Bangalore different from what it is in Mumbai or Hyderabad and how come a dealer can control prices of cars?

2) Why was I told a lie about delivery?

I have written a mail to Volvo, tweeted them and wrote on FB page as to why there is a huge price difference in Bangalore compared to other cities.

A rogue dealer is more than enough to completely mess up a manufacturer’s reputation in India and in this case Volvo. I had a lot of respect towards Volvo but thanks to Martial Motors, Mr. Ritesh Reddy, it has gone down the drain.

Attaching the pricelist i got from Mumbai , Hyderabad and Bangalore's real one
Volvo Bangalore dealer (Martial Motors) differs with Volvo's official price list!-excellence-hyderabad.jpg

Volvo Bangalore dealer (Martial Motors) differs with Volvo's official price list!-inscription-hyderabad.jpg

Volvo Bangalore dealer (Martial Motors) differs with Volvo's official price list!-mumbai.jpg

Volvo Bangalore dealer (Martial Motors) differs with Volvo's official price list!-upload.jpg

As a Volvo owner, I'm glad that you dug up all these specifics. Seems like the Bangalore dealer definitely is up to some shady antics. The prices of cars after GST should be same or within a few thousand rupees irrespective of the dealer or city you buy from. If Volvo India cares, they should definitely penalize the dealer for doing this.

The behaviour of the owner - well less said about it, the better. This is unbecoming of someone who owns a car dealership.

The Bangalore volvo showroom(dealer) is jointly owned by Mr. Ritesh and Mr. Talwar.

Why not buy at another dealer and get it registered here.

Why buy Volvo at all. If this is the treatment you are getting before the sales one can easily imagine what it will be after the sales when it comes to warranty and servicing. Now with so many choices in India we are not bound to one manufacturer are we?

The Hyderabad dealer is no saint as well. I just noticed 1 lakh as vehicle detailing charges!!!

What the hell do they do for 1 lakh?

Quote:

Originally Posted by harish619 (Post 4240350)
The Bangalore volvo showroom(dealer) is jointly owned by Mr. Ritesh and Mr. Talwar.

Why not buy at another dealer and get it register here.

I am going to get in touch with Saket Talwar by tomorrow evening.

There is a lot of confusion regarding buying in Hyderabad.

1) Volvo Hyderabad is not going to sell me the car unless I have a address locally.

2) If I buy in my business name I will have book as movement of stock and pay state GST again and claim it back. Businesses anyways cannot claim ITC on GST for cars but can claim on movement of stock, so double taxation.

3) KA RTO will not allow registration unless the sales certificate reflects Bangalore address atleast as temporary.

I am going to check this with my friend's dad who was Ex RTO.

I spoke about the 2nd issue with my CA and he says " Sir please don't ask questions for which there are no clear answers and government doesn't even know the real world problems :uncontrol. I will be meeting a tax accounting firm this weekend and will take a call accordingly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DieselFan (Post 4240388)
Why buy Volvo at all. If this is the treatment you are getting before the sales one can easily imagine what it will be after the sales when it comes to warranty and servicing. Now with so many choices in India we are not bound to one manufacturer are we?

We are definitely not bound, the options are plenty but I am stuck with XC90. I had a Q7 and don't like the new one. X5 is not great. GLS is a monster truck for daily usage

The only reason I am doing all this is because I really love the XC90 but due to attitude of local delear it is making things sour. I still don't have a problem buying the XC90 but again I don't know what will be the end result. I need some time.

Talwar group of Hyderabad have been super supportive with whatever little interaction I have had with them. My childhood friends in Hyderabad have Volvo's and have been super happy with the service and support from Talwar group.

If at all I book the cars, once a year I will drive to Hyderabad and get it serviced. Will keep posted as how things turn out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 4240447)
The Hyderabad dealer is no saint as well. I just noticed 1 lakh as vehicle detailing charges!!!

What the hell do they do for 1 lakh?

I have asked them about same. The VP replied saying it's optional and not compulsory , we can remove it if you want us to and also insurance is not compulsory from us. You are free to choose your own.

I dont know much about Volvo cars, but I do know that there are now Volvo showrooms in Chennai as well as Coimbatore. Why not look at geting the cars there? and get your service there as well?

IIRC the coimbatore showroom was the first in south india, must not be so without a reason. Do give it a thought.

cheers!
sai

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjumrani (Post 4240450)
There is a lot of confusion regarding buying in Hyderabad.

1) Volvo Hyderabad is not going to sell me the car unless I have a address locally.

2) If I buy in my business name I will have book as movement of stock and pay state GST again and claim it back. Businesses anyways cannot claim ITC on GST for cars but can claim on movement of stock, so double taxation.

3) KA RTO will not allow registration unless the sales certificate reflects Bangalore address atleast as temporary.

Why is Volvo Hyd not ready to raise invoice on your BLR address? Is it some rule imposed on them by Volvo India? As far tax laws are concerned, interstate sale attracts IGST in place of CGST + SGST, tax rate being the same. With no entry tax in KA, your 'Tax cost' will be same irrespective of place of purchase under GST.

Some of these dealers really hold the company to ransom. I am sure Martial Motors is already arm twisting Volvo India about your case and influencing what reply you will get from them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santoshbhat (Post 4240798)
Why is Volvo Hyd not ready to raise invoice on your BLR address? Is it some rule imposed on them by Volvo India? As far tax laws are concerned, interstate sale attracts IGST in place of CGST + SGST, tax rate being the same. With no entry tax in KA, your 'Tax cost' will be same irrespective of place of purchase under GST.

Some of these dealers really hold the company to ransom. I am sure Martial Motors is already arm twisting Volvo India about your case and influencing what reply you will get from them.

Dealer protection is the answer for Volvo Hyderabad not selling the cars to me in Hyderabad :Frustrati. They were not even ready to give me a quote without Hyderabad address and GSTIN. I have masked the same in the images i have shared here.

Still awaiting for a call or reply from Volvo India, it's been more than 48 hours that i have emailed them. The phone number listed on Volvo India website still goes straight to voicemail.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjumrani (Post 4240815)
Dealer protection is the answer for Volvo Hyderabad not selling the cars to me in Hyderabad

I might be wrong or it might seem as a nonsense idea, but have you tried Volvo Cochin ? They seemed very professional and eager to please on my one visit to them. Slyly ask them out if they can sell it you with the Bengaluru address and register there. I'm pretty sure they will help you out. A couple of Bengaluru settled Keralites here have taken their delivery from Kerala Volvo and driving those cars with KA-51 plates. Again I might be babbling. stupid:

Mods: please remove if this post doesn't add value to the case in point.

The dealer attitude it so wrong, this take it or leave it attitude reflects how VOLVO thinks about their customers.

Don't buy a VOLVO! Else you might end up with no RC card! (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...rs-mumbai.html)

I got no response from my dealer or the VOLVO India to my email, not even an acknowledgement.

If they continue doing business this way, they won't exist in the Indian Market.

A lot has happened after this thread was up and I wrote a mail to Tom von Bonsdorff (MD Volvo India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh) explaining the entire saga and link to this thread. I got a call from MD's office apologizing for the bad experience. The call was made by Mr. Ashwin Singh (Senior Regional Sales Manager, Volvo India) and other managers in conference he promised to look into the issue and said Volvo India will deliver the cars at the prices advertised on the website and you are free to choose the dealership of your choice.

I also got a call from Mr. Saket Talwar (Owner of Talwar Volvo Hyderabad & Martial Motors Bangalore) who promised to resolve the issue with the Bangalore dealership or I can buy the cars from Hyderabad. Got correct quotes for both the cars from Talwar Volvo Hyderabad.

A day later got call from Mr. Ritesh Reddy (MD Martial Motors Bangalore) apologizing for everything that has happened, the tone of his voice changed completely to what it was earlier. I sensed that Volvo India and Mr. Saket Talwar have stepped in to the deal. Prices of the cars changed on the call along with loads of freebies but I was not convinced and told him will think about it and get back.

I was not too keen on dealing with the Martial Motors after the bad experience but it turned out I had to go with them as I changed the Inscription model to R Design and they were ready to deliver the car immediately to avoid GST price increase whereas Talwar Volvo wanted minimum 4 weeks to deliver the same car, awaiting delivery information for excellence as I want custom interior colour.

The overall experience is still bad for a premium car brand :Frustrati.

Hi mjumrani

How did this work out in the end. I am surprised that BLR showroom could make up their own Showroom price. Hope Volvo took some action against Martial Motors.

I am interested and finalising the purchase of XC90 MY2018 Momentum and your experience does put a bit of concern into me. The showroom prices seem to be aligned across other cities atleast now.

Any idea of the service experience as well? Appreciate your response

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjumrani (Post 4252702)
A lot has happened after this thread was up and I wrote a mail to Tom von Bonsdorff (MD Volvo India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh) explaining the entire saga and link to this thread. I got a call from MD's office apologizing for the bad experience. The call was made by Mr. Ashwin Singh (Senior Regional Sales Manager, Volvo India) and other managers in conference he promised to look into the issue and said Volvo India will deliver the cars at the prices advertised on the website and you are free to choose the dealership of your choice.

I also got a call from Mr. Saket Talwar (Owner of Talwar Volvo Hyderabad & Martial Motors Bangalore) who promised to resolve the issue with the Bangalore dealership or I can buy the cars from Hyderabad. Got correct quotes for both the cars from Talwar Volvo Hyderabad.

A day later got call from Mr. Ritesh Reddy (MD Martial Motors Bangalore) apologizing for everything that has happened, the tone of his voice changed completely to what it was earlier. I sensed that Volvo India and Mr. Saket Talwar have stepped in to the deal. Prices of the cars changed on the call along with loads of freebies but I was not convinced and told him will think about it and get back.

I was not too keen on dealing with the Martial Motors after the bad experience but it turned out I had to go with them as I changed the Inscription model to R Design and they were ready to deliver the car immediately to avoid GST price increase whereas Talwar Volvo wanted minimum 4 weeks to deliver the same car, awaiting delivery information for excellence as I want custom interior colour.

The overall experience is still bad for a premium car brand :Frustrati.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HentaiDesi (Post 4344871)
Hi mjumrani

How did this work out in the end. I am surprised that BLR showroom could make up their own Showroom price. Hope Volvo took some action against Martial Motors.

He has posted an ownership review on this thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4261031

Will answer most of your questions.:)

Generally, car prices are put up by the company on the official website. In the Pre-GST days, the ex-showroom prices varied as per local and state taxes. E.g. Thanks to the extra octroi, cars were priced higher in Mumbai than the neighbouring Navi Mumbai. At present, most companies put out pan-India prices. Some manufacturers do have minor differences across states, depending on the difference in logistics.

I contacted a couple of dealers and got their price lists. I also kept checking the Volvo website for a price update (link).

Volvo price list:
Volvo Bangalore dealer (Martial Motors) differs with Volvo's official price list!-volvo-pricelist.png

Bangalore dealer's price list:
Volvo Bangalore dealer (Martial Motors) differs with Volvo's official price list!-volvo-bangalore-1.png

Some observations:

1. Tax in KA is 18% ~ Rs. 7.18 lakh on the base XC40, but the dealer quote mentions Rs. 8.00 lakh. All expenses like RTO charges and tax are clubbed together.

2. Model wise pricing also varies in the Bangalore dealer price list, except for the XC40 and the XC60. You can also spot one model not mentioned on the official price list - S90 Momentum (old stock)?

3. I also contacted Pune and Mumbai dealers and they quoted the right ex-showroom prices.

My take on this:
• When car shopping explore not just your own city but also nearby cities, or even states if you are getting a good deal. Since the GST rate is same across the country, just get a temporary registration done and drive down the car from the dealer with the best prices. I got my car from Pune, a friend I know got her BMW from Chennai (and made it a driving holiday to Mumbai), and there are many here on the forums that bought their cars from other cities after getting a good deal there.

• Volvo, what are your dealers doing? While some are good, there is a lot of ambiguity on the pricing front. And we have not even discussed the discounts. This just puts off the brand from potential customers.