Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2017, 19:38   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Substandard service & cheating by MASS, Fortpoint Automotive @ Thane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
OT: But isn't this whole thing confusing, how can they overnight change the grade of oil for their engine. My 2014 Swift is before the facelift where they added the start/stop button and made some changes to the engine.
MASS always used 0W20 oil for my engine. I will check the manual which came with the car by evening and see what it states.

Similar thing they had done with the gear box oil change for F10D WagonR. Earlier interval IIRC was 20k kms and then suddenly they changed it to 40k kms.
They made some very significant changes in the K series engine before moving to the newer grade. Kindly have a look at this video:

Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 22:51   #17
BHPian

Update 04 Sep 2017

I did get a few phone calls from representatives of MSIL and Fortpoint automotive Ltd. It was really heart warming at least to hear from the VP of Fortpoint, who, though says can't do much in this case, but was more than willing to accept the mistake and tried to find out the root cause of the mistake. As per him there was no information or circular issued by MSIL in this regard, and even they(Fortpoint) got to know about this after I raised a complaint.

MSIL is not willing to give it in writing that they have designed the throttle body of the Swift petrol in such a way that if the seal ring gets damaged, the whole throttle body needs replacement. Even a mention about the service letter/circular was a cover up as no such thing exists. A senior person from MSIL even went on to say that for my car in particular, this part is not serviceable. I asked him how is that possible, it must be either a batch of cars or all the cars produced after some date. I asked him to provide some information mentioning the same, for which he immediately replied, why are you worried about other cars, I can guarantee that it is not applicable to your car.

I did argue with them as to how can MSIL design a product where in changing a part that costs just INR 300 is completely given a miss and the designers want the customer to replace the whole assembly which costs around INR 10K.

There was another argument as "what if the technician at MASS damages the seal ring while servicing the throttle body", how will the customer be able to prove that it was the fault of the MASS technician. In every such case the MASS will either cover up and let the symptoms develop later or will say that when they opened the throttle body they found the seal to be damaged, which means in every such case the customer will have to pay a hefty amount for no fault on his part.

As per Fortpoint representative, "No. "6" which is the throttle body gasket and labelled with a X meaning NOT to be re-used" is not available separately.

MSIL is in denial mode and are not willing to provide any concrete information in writing. Mails and phone calls to MSIL remain unanswered since 03 Sep 2017.

I still have hopes that MSIL might provide proper information.

Regards.
Brumby is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2017, 12:59   #18
BHPian

Update as on 28 Sep 2017,

The following mail was received on 08 Sep 2017 from Regional Service Manager of MSIL.

"Dear Mr. XXXX,

This is reference to our series of discussion regarding the subject above cited and would like to reconfirm that said mentioned part is not supplied separately and is part of the assembly.

We appreciate your feedback and we have shared the same with appropriate department.

In case of any queries feel free to get in touch with us!

Warm Regards

XXXXXXXX
Regional Service Manager – West 1
602, Madhava Bldg
Bandra Kurla complex, Bandra (E)
Mumbai
Contact no - XXXXXX"

Unquote.

I however could purchase this part from the Authorised Distributor for Maruti Genuine Parts on 15 Sep 2017. The people at the spares dealership were not aware of any thing as mentioned by the MSIL regional service manager (in the mail) and they happily provided me the spare with mere mention of the throttle body seal and the model of the car.

The VP of Fortpoint automotive himself mentioned that before the query was raised by me, there was no communication received by them in this regard from MSIL.

A perfect example of covering up after a major blunder and the double standards of the industry. These people go to any length ranting about their ethical business practices and blah blah..... but when it comes to speak the truth and accept their mistakes they just shy away.

MSIL is a company which is taking millions of Indian customers for a ride and breaching their trust.

I followed up the above mail with two separate mails both of which remain unanswered by the regional service manager, even three follow up calls were not answered either except for an SMS just before writing this post.

Unofficially over the phone the regional service manager mentioned that be assured that the contents of the mail are applicable to your car, but when I asked him if he could clarify if it was applicable to all 2nd generation Swift petrol cars or to a particular batch of cars, he said we cannot disclose that and it should not be of any concern to me.

MSIL has offered to replace the throttle body of my car free of cost (inspite of the fact that I have not raised any issue related to the performance of the vehicle) and I have politely declined the offer.

Regards.
Attached Thumbnails
Substandard service & cheating by MASS, Fortpoint Automotive @ Thane-img_4144.jpg  

Substandard service & cheating by MASS, Fortpoint Automotive @ Thane-img_4145.jpg  

Brumby is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th October 2017, 22:53   #19
BHPian

Update as on 16 Oct 2017.

The regional service manager as usual does not have time to reply to mails and doesn't pick up the phone whenever I call. After a few attempts I could speak to him.

The MSIL regional service manager says that this gasket will not fit on the throttle body of my car.

As usual there is no service circular and as per his words, "Sir aapki gaadi ki throttle body mean yeh seal replaceable nahi hai". I asked, is my car exclusively made as per my order or a test vehicle given to me with my consent? No answer available for that. Is my car a car produced on an assembly line? Yes it is, then why is it that you cannot provide me a date (this design is applicable to all cars produced after this date) or a series of VINs to which this design is applicable. For providing any such information he needs to consult the legal team of MSIL.

So unless I take the legal way MSIL will avoid straight answers and at the best will not respond.

Regards.
Brumby is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th October 2017, 23:33   #20
Senior - BHPian

Get in touch with them Via social Media, Post a link of this thread to them.
https://www.facebook.com/MarutiSuzukiWayOfLife/

Most Viewed