Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2017, 13:26   #1
BHPian

4 Dusters stolen from Noida service center; 1 abandoned as they filled the wrong fuel!

Thieves stole 4 dusters from a service center at 3 A.M. in the night after holding the watchman hostage. Off these, 3 were diesel and 1 was a petrol. The thieves mistakenly filled diesel in all and had to abandon the petrol one as it would not crank up. Read the full article and watch the video here and here

Seems like an easy steal because the service centers generally have 1-2 sleepy guards at this time of the night and most likely the cars have the keys in them. If not, little searching will easily get them the keys. Hope they get caught soon.
centaur is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 31st August 2017, 13:39   #2
BHPian

re: 4 Dusters stolen from Noida service center; 1 abandoned as they filled the wrong fuel!

Gang of dusters on the prowl!

Hope they get caught soon, and hope the stolen cars are not sold again to any uninformed buyer
Nav-i-gator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 01:23   #3
BHPian

re: 4 Dusters stolen from Noida service center; 1 abandoned as they filled the wrong fuel!

That last line in the article says the main thing loud and clear.

Dealers have no responsibility, owner has to do the running, file FIR, claim insurance and suffer all the loss.

Dealers don't have the need to even employ a night guard then. No need as they have no responsibility.

Unbelievable !

Last edited by NaXal : 1st September 2017 at 01:27.
NaXal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 13:07   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Barely 50 metres away from the fuel station, one of the vehicles stopped. They made every attempt to start the vehicle but failed.
What a dumb bunch of idiots!!

Am surprised there was only one security guard to protect such expensive property. Feel sad for the owners of these cars. If your ride isn't safe at an authorised workshop, it's not safe at any other garage either. Hope the matter is resolved soon.
Old 1st September 2017, 13:15   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Am surprised there was only one security guard to protect such expensive property.
Same with stock yards. Only one guard and key is in the keyhole of the car. A risky affair.
Old 1st September 2017, 13:29   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by "300 KMPH
A risky affair.
When I went to do PDI of my new car, I saw the key was not in the stock yard. The key was kept in a different nearby location (office)

Now talking about the risk in ASC.

I have already raised my concern here. How can there be no responsibility of the dealership?

If this really is the actual law, then there is no risk for the dealership at all. Parking the car out in open with key in side or securing it properly are the same for them.

By the way, I wonder how lucky these thieves are to find few fictional cars left over night for repair. Risky for them as well to drive out with a faulty car, may be one without brake or problematic steering wheel.
NaXal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 13:39   #7
Senior - BHPian

One more reason not to give a car to a service station with more than a quarter of fuel left. In such a case the thieves will have to go to a fuel pump and chances of them being caught on CCTV camera is good. I hope they catch them.
sumeethaldankar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 17:35   #8
BHPian

Re: 4 Dusters stolen from Noida service center; 1 abandoned as they filled the wrong fuel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Am surprised there was only one security guard to protect such expensive property.
Unfortunately this is the case at most service centers I have been to. All of them have only 1 guard. Even today afternoon, I accompanied a colleague to Mahindra First Choice and the scene wasnt different. 1 guard only though the number of vehicles there were lesser than the number of guards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks