Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2017, 10:00   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mercedes steps forward to help flood-affected Mumbai cars. EDIT: Hyundai, Royal Enfield & Ford too

Related Thread: link (29/08/2017: Torrential rains hit Mumbai, city grinds to a standstill. Many areas flooded).

The No.1 shows why it's the No.1. Here's what Mercedes is doing for its flood-affected cars in Mumbai.

• Prepared a cross-functional task force specifically to support flood-affected cars.

• No towing charges if car is towed through dealer. This is being done via the network of Allianz Global. Dealer will bear the towing charges, no matter how old your Mercedes is or if it is out of warranty.

• Mercedes will procure the required parts from Germany & Singapore by air and won't pass on the extra shipping cost to customers.

• Dealers from neighbouring towns & cities have sent some of their technicians to assist Mumbai dealers in servicing the affected vehicles.

• Daimler Financial Services India is working on faster processing of insurance formalities of its insured cars. Apparently, a majority of new Mercs are insured by Daimler Financial Services.

• Discounts are being extended on some spare parts (upto 20%).

Last edited by GTO : 1st September 2017 at 15:44. Reason: Upto 20% on some spares
GTO is offline   (39) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 10:38   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: Mercedes steps forward to help flood-affected Mumbai cars. EDIT: Now Hyundai too

Meanwhile, this post has been catching a lot of negative attention on the social media -

Mercedes steps forward to help flood-affected Mumbai cars. EDIT: Hyundai, Royal Enfield & Ford too-img_20170901_103547.jpg

Though I personally feel that the owner perhaps could have expected too much, too soon - blinded by that 2.3 crore sum that he mentioned. Afterall, everyone, including companies and dealers gets affected in such calamities and would need time to get their act together and respond.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 1st September 2017 at 10:48. Reason: Removing abusive language from image
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 10:54   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Mercedes steps forward to help flood-affected Mumbai cars. EDIT: Now Hyundai too

I can't miss the unmistakable stench of entitlement in that rant. So much can be inferred about the owner from that single post.

I think Mercedes should get credit for their planning and anticipation. I don't expect them to make it cheap but reducing lead time and speedy repairs will go a long way in these circumstances.
androdev is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 11:13   #4
Team-BHP Support

If emergency services can't reach you - they can't reach you. Period. I'm not sure what Mercedes / Autohangar could have done in that situation.

The initiative that they've launched to assist in the aftermath is superb. That's what will give owners of luxury cars some comfort in such situations.
Axe77 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 11:29   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Though I personally feel that the owner perhaps could have expected too much, too soon - blinded by that 2.3 crore sum that he mentioned. Afterall, everyone, including companies and dealers gets affected in such calamities and would need time to get their act together and respond.
It is not exactly clear, what was this guy expecting from the Mercedes Dealer, from his post.
Did he expect the Dealership guys to show up at the Flood site immediately on the ill-fated day itself?
That's a bit too much in my opinion.
abhishek46 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 11:45   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Meanwhile, this post has been catching a lot of negative attention on the social media -
I feel bad that the guy's S-Class got stranded in the flooding. I wonder did he try to drive through the flooded road (that would be silly) or did the water level just keep rising as he was stuck in traffic.

The language he has used in his Facebook post portrays him as a pretty unpleasant and crass individual (I may be wrong). I too would be upset in such a situation, but expecting instant service when half the city is under water would be unreasonable. The dealer seems to have informed him that his location was inaccessible at that time. Best thing to do in this case would be to abandon your car (since it has already drowned) and get to an area of safety to wait for recovery to arrive.

Was he honestly expecting the dealer to send a helicopter to air-lift his car since he paid a lot of money? I don't know how throwing a profanity filled tantrum on Facebook helped.

Coming back to the topic, I hope other dealer's/manufacturer's also roll out some offers to help customer's whose vehicles have been affected by the flooding. Good move from Mercedes.
fordfreak is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 11:55   #7
Team-BHP Support

I hope this chap understands that the same dealer and Mercedes sell over a 100 S classes per year in Mumbai alone. This post sounds like he has bought a one off car from Mercedes and expects them to look after him alone.

Well maybe the dealer couldn't make it to his location, and he got help from locals because they were, well, local!

Its terribly unfortunate that the S class stalled, and it most probably wasn't even the owners mistake since he would have had no choice but to drive it, since the water was everywhere.

But at the same time there were many other BMWs and Audis too which only got picked up the next day.

I can empathize with the owner, but there is only so much a dealer can do when the full city is under water and there are hundreds of other cars which are also flooded.
Akshay1234 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 11:58   #8
KMT
BHPian

This individual has surely paid a lot of Tax to the Maha/Mum government also.
I wonder whether he will give them a similar blast too.

After all its not the fault of the car if it is made to do duty as a boat in Indian conditions.

In this instance, such frustration should be directed at civic authorities rather than private companies.
KMT is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 15:27   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

• Dealer will bear the towing charges, no matter how old your Mercedes is or if it is out of warranty.

That, in my opinion, deserves an applause.

As I grow old(er), I am very mindful of the type of companies I associate myself with. GM, with their ignition switch recall fiasco, and Volkswagen, with their emissiongate are out of the question for me.

Mercs and Volvos, are what I intend to look at when the time comes.
nishsingh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 17:55   #10
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hyundai joins in as well .

Quote:
Hyundai extends Service Support to Flood Affected Customers in Mumbai & Vapi

- Special Service Operation Squad (SOS) to enable the relief services
- Deploys 30 Emergency Road Service Teams to assist vehicle owners
- Complimentary Road Side Assistance into action to assist towing
- 350 technicians working to bring vehicles back on roads
- Onsite Hyundai Assurance Insurance Support

A complimentary Road Side Assistance has been put on action to assist with towing operations in the city with a toll free number (18001024645/0124-4343937) for towing the vehicles. Around 350 technicians are working in various Service points to bring vehicles back on roads. These customers will be offered special discount of 50% on their liability post insurance support, 50% Support for Antirust treatment Services and Free of cost engine oil replacement, Additionally, a special Car Check-up camp will be organized after two months to review the vehicle’s health.

Further, Hyundai’s spare parts supplier MOBIS is prioritizing order of all spare parts for Mumbai and Vapi workshops to support the flood affected vehicles and off the shelf arrangements are also being made for parts supply across the counter as per need.
GTO is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2017, 19:10   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Royal Enfield service camps

RE also seems to have organised service camps in order to aid the bikes which were a part of the floods.

Here's an image from their FB page:
Mercedes steps forward to help flood-affected Mumbai cars. EDIT: Hyundai, Royal Enfield & Ford too-21034636_1721500484559359_5392638136179047283_n.jpg

I did try to contact them for more information, but recieved no response till now. Will update if I do.

Regards,
Vishy
vishy76 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 11:40   #12
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai extends service support to flood affected cars

Hyundai has announced a Special Service Support Package for flood affected cars in Mumbai and Vapi. Hyundai car owners whose vehicles were damaged during the recent torrential rains and subsequent flooding will benefit from this package.

Mercedes steps forward to help flood-affected Mumbai cars. EDIT: Hyundai, Royal Enfield & Ford too-hyundai.jpg

As a part of the support initiative, Hyundai has deployed 30 emergency road service vehicles to provide relief services. The cars that have been stranded since the floods will get free roadside assistance. Hyundai is also offering free engine oil replacement and 50% discount on antirust treatment. A check-up camp will be organized after two months to review the car's condition. The owners will also get a 50% discount on the liability post the insurance support.

In cases where the car has suffered terminal damage, owners will be offered exchange schemes. Hyundai claims to have mobilized around 350 technicians and spare parts to workshops in Mumbai and Vapi to assist with repairs.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 11:45   #13
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai extends service support to flood affected cars

This is a good move, the 50% liability relief beyond insurance cover will further help the owners. Lets hope the cars are back on the roads ASAP

I hope they have deployed additional staff at the dealership to attend to the stranded cars.
i74js is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 11:38   #14
Senior - BHPian

Ford extends service support to flood affected cars

Ford has extended service support to customers whose cars were affected by the torrential rain and flooding in Mumbai and parts of Eastern India. The company has announced special discounts on repairs of flood affected cars.

Name:  ford.png
Views: 1472
Size:  473.3 KB

Ford will absorb 50% of a customer's liability on replacement parts for which they have claimed insurance. Surveyors of insurance companies have been stationed at Ford service stations to facilitate swift processing of insurance claims. The company is also offering free engine oil replacement, 50% discount on anti-rust coating on underbody and 50% discount on labour charges for replacement of parts not covered under insurance.

Ford is also offering a 20% discount on self-driving rental car service - Zoomcar, if it takes more than 24 hours to repair the customer's vehicle. Finally, the authorised service centers in flood affected areas will remain open for extended hours to handle the influx of cars and speed up their repairs.
TusharK is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed