Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2006, 15:29   #1
Senior - BHPian

KAPICO Delivery goof up

A friend of mine booked Maruti Swift Vxi with Maruti dealer KAPICO in Chennai. Necessary forms got signed from him & loan was processed through HDFC.

He had requested Kapico to deliver the car to his residence. Car came at 21.30 hrs driven by a driver alone. Driver is keen to clear off thing quick & wanted to make back to his home asap. My friend was shocked on seeing the LXI badge on the reverse. Driver promptly said he job is to deliver the car and get the delivery papers signed.

A Sales represetative was contacted for clarification & was told that order was given only for LXI. My friend refused to sign the delivery papers & he was requested to keep the car at this parking.

Next day my friend contaced HDFC bank on the loan allotment amount & it was for VXI. Kapico sales manager spoke to my friend to convince him to go with LXI. When nothing materialized, they said the form was filled for only LXI and nothing could be done on that.

They offered to fix all the features of VXI on the Lxi version (power windows, fog lamps, head rest etc etc) but at cost. My friend got fed up as already he wasted one full day on this issue & almost slipping to give up the issue

SO GUYS PLEASE ENSURE YOU FILL ALL THE DETAILS ON THE ORDER FORM. DO NOT JUST SIGN ON THE BLANK FORM AND GIVE IT.

Mistakes on oversight can happen.
Old 24th November 2006, 15:38   #2
Senior - BHPian

Thatz not a mistake, but deliberate manipulation by Kapico!Ask your friend to take them to task & ensure they take back the Lxi and deliver a new Vxi.It is high time we stop this dealers playing nonsense with customers!
Old 24th November 2006, 20:42   #3
BHPian

Dude, why did he accept it. they are brow bearting him into it

Its probably too late now, but simply issue a Stop Cheque and ask them to take the car back
at least complain to maruti
Old 25th November 2006, 09:53   #4
BHPian

i'm aghast .. why would anyone fork out the money for a VXi and then settle for an LXi .. i'd have brought the dealership down and taken them to consumer court .. i hate this high handedness of the dealers .. your friend should never have accepted the car at all .. not even to park overnight .. and yes .. Maruti Udyog should definately hear of this
Old 5th December 2006, 03:44   #5
Senior - BHPian

Well, the best thing your friend could have done is just refuse to accept it and ask the loan to be recalled in case the car was not registered. I would prefer to call this sheer ignorance rather than oversight. Just because Swift is a good car that sells well, one cant force something onto a customer for no fault of his. Urge your friend to file a suit with the consumer court. The least that we can do is by publicising this to all Chennaites so that they be wary of Kapico. The best part is that Kapico is the latest entrant into the Maruti dealer space in Chennai.
Old 5th December 2006, 07:41   #6
BHPian

Just not able to comprehend how LXi got booked instead of VXi.

What about the evidence. The cheque / draft that you gave for the VXi. That should be a clear indicator of what was booked.

You have the right to take them to the consumer court. Do it buddy ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks