Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2017, 10:03   #46
Team-BHP Support

Re: Man buys Skoda Rapid Black edition; Vinayak Skoda sells him a fake ed converted from a regular R

Skoda are still suffering from appointing bad dealerships. Although a lot of effort has gone into improving service levels, they still have a long way to go. Skoda also have a problem in attracting new dealers as the volumes are not attractive. I wonder how many of them will switch to Kia over the next couple of years!

I always thought Vinayak were better than TAFE but things might have changed. Some questions though

Why did the service folks not raise an alarm when the parts were exchanged?
Why did the finance folks detect the invoice irregularities when billing a non black edition as a black edition?

Although this is not Skoda's fault and more of the dealers fault. Skoda own the brand and still own the problem. They need to take severe action against the dealer

Last edited by GTO : 6th October 2017 at 12:19. Reason: typos
ajmat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 10:07   #47
BHPian

Re: Man buys Skoda Rapid Black edition; Vinayak Skoda sells him a fake ed converted from a regular R

Absolute unethical business practices by dealership and by Skoda.
What is it about Skoda brand that seems to attract the most unscrupulous people as its dealers?

Despite such stories floating since the past so many years, they still manage to sell so many cars. Looks like they have a very loyal following amongst a specific customer category - ignorant or over-optimistic/foolish or don't value their money.

Only respectable solution - provide an original new Black Edition to OP.
I hope he gets a replacement.

cheers
lazy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 10:25   #48
BHPian

Whenever I come across an Octy VRs & Superb, I always get this feeling that the replacement of my Jetta Mk6 would be definitely a Skoda if moolah doesn't permit a bimmer. Guess what, you can't always get you want!

PS: Absence of multilink suspension made me choose Jetta Tdi over an Octy Tdi. Whenever I read such Skoda horror stories, I thank VW for providing rear multilink supsension in Jetta & spare me from Skoda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
This service center technician deserves an award for honesty:
I hope he won't be targeted by his employer(the dealership) for all the (deserved) troubles to the dealership due to his honesty.

Last edited by bhavik.1991 : 6th October 2017 at 10:26. Reason: Typo
bhavik.1991 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 10:30   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Although this is not Skoda's fault and more of the dealers fault. Skoda own the rand and still own the problem. They need to take severe action against the dealer
They also need to take care of the customer the right way. Taking sever action against the dealer simply means, i will take action on dealers committing fraud but will not give a rats about the customer who was affected.

Secondly law needs changes. The manufacturer should be held legally responsible for any fraud that happens under their authorized dealer. This sale would have been invoiced under the black rapid edition. I am surprised there are no means to cross validate against stock/inventory vs actual sale to catch this fraud. Skoda is equally responsible IMHO.
Old 6th October 2017, 15:49   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
My colleague also has a Skoda Rapid Black Edition...
The similarity with the issue raised in this thread is uncanny! I will be checking with him and reporting back to this thread.
My colleague download the skoda app and below is the screenshot:

Vinayak Skoda sells fake Rapid Black edition. EDIT: Replaced with a new car-20171006photo00000170.jpg

No where does the app state that his car is the black edition or mentions the term "BP".

He has written an email to Skoda which has been acknowledged and is awaiting a reply.

Will keep you all posted on the outcome.

Best,
Enigmatic
Enigmatic is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 16:18   #51
BHPian

Any Skoda strikes back again!

Every time I take my car for service I have the exact fear. God knows what else has gone in and out of my car. Now having an urge to get my car inspected outside.
500ContyCruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 16:25   #52
BHPian

The dishonesty of this company is well known across the world
The dishonesty AND incompetence if its Indian dealers is well documented on this and other forums.
So I fail to understand why folks swallow the company placebo that they have improved their service levels, and plonk down cash for their cars. Yes I was one of them (bought the Oct I vRS in 2005), before all their skeletons tumbled out. But having been burnt, I have learned to vote with my wallet. People should stop believing the company's deceit, stop buying their cars and force them to shut shop in India.
Bomi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2017, 11:13   #53
R17
BHPian

Shocking and unacceptable - Really keen to know what action further action was taken by Skoda against the dealer and what further support was offered to Suhas.

I just took delivery of a Rapid Style AT 2 days ago in the face of Skoda's 4 year free warranty +free servicing offer and their very public (and seemingly sincere) intent to improve the customer experience - Needless to say, reading stuff like this yields a grim sense of foreboding.

While Skoda makes great cars (Contrary to what some here believe, I do think that the Rapid and Vento, as aged as they are, still offer excellent quality, build and safety which is hard to find in this segment) and I had a pretty decent buying experience (Autobahn Skoda Mumbai), stuff like this will certainly spook all existing buyers and discourage prospective buyers.
Old 7th October 2017, 11:45   #54
BHPian

How much further can a dealer sink? this is a new low. Really hope Skoda if they have any decency left, will take the dealer to the cleaners. The whole matter came out because of the decent service technician. Thank god for small mercies.
Old 7th October 2017, 12:19   #55
BHPian

Quote:

No where does the app state that his car is the black edition or mentions the term "BP".

Will keep you all posted on the outcome.

Best,
Enigmatic
Did this thread open up a dirty can of worms! If there are two, there could be more. I sincerely hope the punishment meted out to such crooks stay as a red mark forever and ensure they wouldn't even dream of doing such malpractices. Strong action required to make this a matured and trustworthy automobile market where selfish people has no existence.
Old 7th October 2017, 12:26   #56
BHPian

Almost all the auto companies in which I've worked and have known closely, donor allow removal of parts from cars which are despatched from plant. This is the first point of rule violation. If any auto OEM allows this kind of practice, slowly the work culture erodes both at the factory and dealer level.
It the question of commitment to follow stipulated rules and standard operating procedures. As an outsider it seems to me that the working culture at the Skoda/VW has deteriorated beyond repair. I can only hope that Skoda/VW management focuses on repairing the work culture.
Old 7th October 2017, 13:16   #57
BHPian

Vinayak were always better than Tafe. There was a world of difference between the two when I bought my Laura a decade ago. Unfortunately instead of widening the gap, Vinayak has gone this terrible route. Simply unacceptable. I hope Skoda make it up to the customer and exchange/upgrade his car.
Old 7th October 2017, 13:34   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravanekar View Post
Almost all the auto companies in which I've worked and have known closely, donor allow removal of parts from cars which are despatched from plant. This is the first point of rule violation. If any auto OEM allows this kind of practice, slowly the work culture erodes both at the factory and dealer level.
When i was taking delivery of my indica 10 years ago, i noticed that the rear parcel shelf had a manufacturing defect. Pointed it out to the sales staff who promptly swapped it with the shelf of another showroom car, and sent me on my way. So I think it is a bit more commonplace than we think
Old 7th October 2017, 14:33   #59
Senior - BHPian

This is damn scary! After shelling out lakhs together on our beloved possessions, we end up discovering such horror, I don’t know what courage the potential or prospective customers of Skoda might get any push to purchase from this brand. I mean they’ve such brilliant cars but aren’t really bothered to look at their service network?!

I’m surprised how is it that Skoda ignoring all such incidents despite there are back to back posts done against Skoda each passing day since several years.

When Kawasaki dealer screwed up customers happiness, it was posts in team bhp that brought the happiness back when Kawasaki acknowledged and got them their bikes.

I sincerely hope the customer gets his cash back or get the car replaced to the model he intended to buy or just upgrade him with a better package in their stable.

But the story won’t end there if he’s going to stick with Skoda as after sales is going to be another concern - when they’ve so much atrocity to switch parts before delivery, there are all the chances in the world they would switch parts when customer drops cars for service. It’s better he switches to customer oriented companies such as Ford, Maruti, Tata, M&M that I could think of instantly.
Old 7th October 2017, 14:53   #60
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
My colleague download the skoda app and below is the screenshot.

I think your cousin's been had too. Chetan Malhotra drops the following email:

Quote:
I could see that Enigmatic has posted his doubts on the Skoda Rapid Toffee Brown colour TDI DSG as BLACK EDITION. I would like to inform him that the toffee brown colour never came in the black edition and I believe his colleague must have also been cheated by the dealership in the same way as the original customer of this article.

The Rapid black edition used to come in only 3 colours, namely red, white and silver.
GTO is offline   (15) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks