Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2017, 18:24   #31
BHPian

Re: Man buys Skoda Rapid Black edition; Vinayak Skoda sells him a fake ed converted from a regular R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

I had mentioned this when the Black package was announced. If you look at the regular Rapid's headlights it had projectors for low beam but high beam had reflectors. For the black package the high beam reflectors were removed and the projectors had the high / low beam control.

Anyone who knew their cars would know that the high beam would stop working unless correctly wired for this change.
My colleague also has a Skoda Rapid Black Edition. I distinctly remember that he was not able to flash for the reasons explained by you above. After repeated complaints, his car's wiring was changed and now he is able to flash.

The similarity with the issue raised in this thread is uncanny! I will be checking with him and reporting back to this thread.

Best,
Enigmatic.
Enigmatic is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th October 2017, 19:17   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Man buys Skoda Rapid Black edition; Vinayak Skoda sells him a fake ed converted from a regular R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post
Somehow, I feel sad that people continue to buy outdated, overpriced and underwhelming products from Skoda just because it feels more "European". That they managed to stoop so low shows how little they value trust.
Agreed that Skoda is horrendous on the Service and After-Sales.
However, their products are not exactly 'underwhelming' or 'outdated'.

Few examples are the Octavia, Superb etc.
abhishek46 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 05:04   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
Agreed that Skoda is horrendous on the Service and After-Sales.
However, their products are not exactly 'underwhelming' or 'outdated'.

Few examples are the Octavia, Superb etc.
I'm sorry about making a general statement. I meant the Rapid and the now discontinued Fabia. The new Octavia and Superb may be good at the moment, but given the historical data about their long term reliability, they may not be the best choice for someone who intends to keep a luxury car for more than 5 years. I made this statement from a personal perspective because as a salaried person, I'd like to keep cars for as long as possible (since I don't get depreciation benefits) and five years is too short a period for problems to crop up.

Last edited by Nissan1180 : 6th October 2017 at 05:05. Reason: Spelling.
Old 6th October 2017, 06:54   #34
Team-BHP Support

I remember the chat I had with a Skoda sales manager about the recent change of dealerships and he mentioned that Skoda is now discontinuing dealerships/ASCs which indulge in severe malpractices (like changing parts in customer cars which are in for service). Well, incidents like these prove that they still have many bad apples to clear.
vb-saan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 07:18   #35
Senior - BHPian

Now that this has happened, any update from the post opener reg what recourse options are available ? Is it even possible to restore the car to the Black edition completely or should he be looking other options ?

Given that the dealership has admitted this, a financial settlement is a possible option but I am curious to know if there is any impact on RC book endorsement etc ? Variant name does get captured in RC but do they mention names of such special editions ?

But thinking from the owner's shoes - I would have felt really stupid and cheated about this whole episode and it will keep playing in my mind everytime I look at the car or visit the dealership.
Old 6th October 2017, 07:53   #36
Senior - BHPian

Skoda and it's dealers are like "Ali Baba and the 40 thieves": "Thick as thieves" I've said it before and I'll say it now! Skoda welcomes one and all to the expensive "German" m(d)istress experience!
Durango Dude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 08:07   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
...The dealer initially gave the value as Rs.9,72,617 and the same is reflected in the insurance (IDV), but later underpriced it in the actual invoice...
Given that the dealer fudged the papers, he would have paid incorrect taxes as well. Also, given that Suhas took insurance on his own, he could be questioned for quoting higher IDV than the invoice or worse having his claim (if any) rejected for quoting incorrect information.

Possibly a police complaint should be lodged so that the fraud is noted, an insurance against future action.

Also, dealer should be told that this will be reported as unfair trade practice under MRTP Act which will make sure that not just Suhas's case but all of the deals by this dealer will come under scanner.
varunsangal is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 09:09   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I remember the chat I had with a Skoda sales manager about the recent change of dealerships and he mentioned that Skoda is now discontinuing dealerships/ASCs which indulge in severe malpractices (like changing parts in customer cars which are in for service). Well, incidents like these prove that they still have many bad apples to clear.
Vinayak Skoda is quite well established. I would definitely like to see action taken from Skoda but reality might not be the same.

These type of malpractices really hurt the brand which is already down in the dumps. With the recently launched Kodiaq and the vRS Octavia, they really need to ensure the image of the brand is their #1 priority. These cars are some of the most expensive Skoda's ever sold in India and all the more reason to ensure customers are taken care of.

A Rapid customer will eventually look at Superb or Octavia or the Karoq as replacement. If he is unsatisfied or cheated like this, do you think he will ever look at the brand.

In this case, Skoda should just change all parts officially and add some goodwill in terms of maintenance package or cash remuneration for the ordeal the customer has gone through. The Dealer should be heavily punished and Customer should be informed of the punishment.

A new Rapid black edition would be far fetched but Skoda would have redeemed itself if they do this.
Vid6639 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 09:34   #39
Senior - BHPian

I have been a Rapid owner for over 5.5 years. For now my annual services have been fine. But plan to go with Bosch COCO for my next service due in April 18.

Seeing the malpractices and the response from Skoda to correct this, I will surely not go for any vehicle from the VW stable when I look at changing my car. I just don't have confidence in their service or their honesty.
hrman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 09:36   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
A new Rapid black edition would be far fetched but Skoda would have redeemed itself if they do this.
IMHO - No. They wont redeem themselves with that - just because they are only giving him what he originally paid up for - and nothing more!

But - he is getting that after all these days of struggle.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 09:38   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I do not think it is far fetched. It is the only action that will instill any confidence in Skoda. Forget about skoda, as a user i think this is the only case where i feel the buyer deserves the right model as such from factory.

This is not a mechanical fault but a fraud. Fraudsters should be Jailed.

And what can a buyer do inspite of doing their own check list during delivery. Should we start carrying computers with our own cracked version of VCDS to check fraud potential at this level?

Last edited by VW2010 : 6th October 2017 at 09:43.
VW2010 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 09:39   #42
BHPian

Man! That's some serious fraud. Just when I was getting a little warm to Skoda, this comes up like a reminder of why Skoda isnt worthy of even being considered as the last option in your car buying list. They never fail to fail their customer and keep digging their grave deeper and deeper. A new car is like a baby for most of us and when something like this happens its really a very disappointing and frustrating experience. I hope Skoda and the dealer is brought to books by law and awarded the most severe statement they can

Last edited by centaur : 6th October 2017 at 09:52.
centaur is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 09:39   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Someone at Skoda felt they are not getting enough headline coverage on team-bhp!

The guys involved are new or naive to forget that when it comes to these cars, every part has to be VIN compatible, you can't simply swap parts just because they appear to be compatible.

It is even more shocking when you realize that it has to be a team effort involving pretty much all departments to pull it off and two unsuspecting customers are cheated as if it's a routine exercise.
androdev is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 09:45   #44
BANNED

I so much love the RS but these antics seems very regular with Skoda. I think they are very consistent in what they excel at LoL
Old 6th October 2017, 09:55   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I so much love the RS but these antics seems very regular with Skoda. I think they are very consistent in what they excel at LoL
High time we did a parody of Skoda advertisement and post it all over the net showing real time examples of how they treat customers. They are in denial and their marketing and communication team are disconnected with real world.

Either that, or they are using Skoda as a platform to ensure VW products get sold. Someone reading this thread and buying a vento is the win they are after.

One can never know. But, yes, they are consistent in what they excel.
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed