Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2017, 00:58   #136
BHPian

Re: Man buys Skoda Rapid Black edition; Vinayak Skoda sells him a fake ed converted from a regular R

Look Suhas, you are just wasting time. I would say you have taken up this in consumer court. Now you have to do it take this up in criminal court also. Till you do that, there is no way these guys will take it seriously. The more you keep talking & dilly dallying,the more weak you are proving yourself to be. With my little understanding of law, You can file against them for Cheating 420, 120B Criminal Conspiracy, etc etc (Criminal Law Practitioners in the forum can help with better inputs please) Click on the link & search for word cheating & you shall get so many sessions under which both Skoda & Vinayaka Skoda can be booked https://indiankanoon.org/doc/445276/ . Also invoke these offenses http://www.cartoq.com/illegal-car-mo...happen-to-you/. I hope your car is parked safely in your garage and not at their workshop. Consumer courts now don't work like how it used to work during Harish's case. (Out of my own experience I am guessing)

I would also request all Team-BHP guys to join and lets do a rally around all showrooms of Vinayak Skoda on a weekend (preferably Skoda Owners but if not just Skoda then others too can join in) and near the Skoda Office in Bangalore if any. Also I would request all Limited Edition Skoda owners to meet & see if your vehicles too have any illegal modifications(Am sure all by now would have doubly checked how unlimited their limited edition Skodas would be)

Try finding out other owners by putting a big banner or sticker behind your car. If there are more than one owners who have been cheated then this becomes a lot bigger issue. Blow this out of proportion I would say.

Speak to a good criminal lawyer and file a criminal case else these people are going to surely drag this case for ages. I however doubt as the consumer courts are seriously working towards disposing of the cases as soon as possible nowadays but then you never know.

You are just wasting time by not filing a criminal case. If you want them to get on their knees and beg to you, you have to file a criminal case. Now its upto you my friend.

File a criminal case & I have beautiful real estate (Scorpio) moving around Bangalore where I can Volunteer for putting sticker against Skoda(Subject to you filing a criminal case against them)

According to me the Skoda guy is just trying to put ice pack on your wounds and in no way has seriously taken up your issue to solve it.

Last edited by bikerzindia : 4th November 2017 at 01:26.
bikerzindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2017, 13:59   #137
Senior - BHPian

Re: Man buys Skoda Rapid Black edition; Vinayak Skoda sells him a fake ed converted from a regular R

Just reading about your ordeal and the interactions with Skoda makes my blood boil.
Here the fault lies clearly with the manufacturer Skoda as it has let it's dealers dictate the terms rather than the other way around. The antics of one Mr. Ketan points to the helplessness or the callousness of Skoda on it's behalf for it's customers.

Let this be on the major nail in the coffins of Skoda India.
I sympathize with you and hope you receive the justice you deserve.

This is one of the reason why there is huge chasm between the top auto manufacturer and others, the ability to reign in the dealers.
speedmiester is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2017, 22:57   #138
BHPian

Motorbeam covers this story with a link to this thread-

Link

Such negative publicity hurts them the most when they have cars like Octavia vRS and Kodiaq getting launched.

Even if this story takes away mere 10 Octavia / Kodiaq customers, Skoda's monetary loss would be more than what they could have settled with Suhas.

I fail to understand why Skoda doesn't realize this.

Last edited by pacman2881 : 4th November 2017 at 23:00.
pacman2881 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2017, 23:11   #139
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman2881 View Post
I fail to understand why Skoda doesn't realize this.
I think they suppose that if they pay out on a claim like this, they will get hundreds more and be expected to pay them all. This actually reflects very badly on their belief in their dealers and their customers.

Add to that: they never heard of the Streisand effect.
Old 4th November 2017, 23:43   #140
Senior - BHPian

Since the last 2 years there was always this news of Skoda India having improved but I find that a joke looking at your incident. The dealer had shown his true colors when he sold you a car with changed parts, But looking at the response from Mr. Ketan it is clear that Skoda india has no guts to tackle their Dealer. Heck he wasn't even present for the meeting. I would suggest every BHPian to share this thread on twitter and Facebook. Let Skoda India and Vinayak Skoda realize that they can't take us for granted. Looking at the threats from the dealer it is clear that they want to behave like goons which clearly shows that the Dealership maybe run by educated people but they still are very uncivilized. Shame on you Skoda india!

P.S- waiting for Skoda india to threaten Team-BHP. History might repeat itself.
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2017, 00:57   #141
BHPian

Suhas you need to proceed the legal way. No point in talking to them as I don't think they have the right intention. And how can they threaten you for defamation ? Hope your car is sitting with you and not in their garage.
Old 5th November 2017, 09:30   #142
BHPian

Suhas,

You have 2 options.

1. Accept and move on.
Compromise and accept what they are offering - accessories, free service etc. Then sell the car. Buy a non-Skoda car and move on. Bad things happen. Bad things happen to good people also. People get cheated on online purchases (value is less compared to your car) and even apartments (illegal floors without approvals etc - high value). You are getting some compensation, take it, think it is over and continue your life.
You will feel bitter, yes, but it will be over in few weeks. Others (your friends and people here) may think you are weak and succumbed to their twisting tactics. Don't worry about it, it's your life, yout time and effort. There is nothing to be ashamed of, if you go for this.

2. Fight till you win
As many people suggested you can file cases in consumer court and criminal court. Two possible outcomes - they will realise you are not going to compromise and they may come down and agree to your demands. Or they may drag the case. You will win, but it may take months or even years. At the end you will feel good and victorious, others will treat you as a champion. But may have to suffer for a long time.

Doing nothing is not an option
Doing nothing other than meeting them again and again is not going to help. They have made it clear what their intentions are. They are insulting you by asking to meet multiple people, skoda guy getting out of meetings repeatedly, dragging your old father into this and making you and father wait for hours. They are not going to come down.

We all here will support you - we will share the links to friends, dissuade family from buying skoda cars, give you advise and moral support. But the actual fight is yours, you have to do. There is limitation for others to actually get involved in this. It's your decision and decide fast on either option 1 or 2.

All the best on whichever way you choose.
JohnyBoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2017, 09:48   #143
BHPian

My suggestion is not to go for accessories. Instead, look at getting compensation from them, akin to what consumer court would give. Get your pound of flesh without them actually realising that. Tell them it's a fine for their wrongdoings. Even if you get 25% of the cost of your car, that's better than fighting in consumer court
Old 5th November 2017, 10:44   #144
BHPian

After reading / following this incidence, and the Bangalore - Mandovi one I have one question. How come the manufacturer has not gotten involved. Also the Kawasaki 650 incidence reflects the same. Once the vehicle is out of the factory, is the manufacturers role over for liability and customer service..?

To be honest most dealers for cars these days [likewise service centers] seem like "chor" (robbers) to me. Sorry to say this. They just want a deal to be done and then it is over for them. Also seriousness and brevity of commitment do not exist. It is shocking.

Two weeks back, I took my i20, since the break lights were not working. They did not have an "L" shaped break switch, so did a makeshift by spraying WD40. When they were reversing it out, another car [also being reversed] almost bashed mine. The back side of the car was like and inch (literally) away from the B pillar of my car. I was appalled at this stupidity and carelessness. The other driver got a mouthful of MC/BC from others. That is it..!

Cheating (sellers) and safety (service centers) has to be in the industries blood.
asingh1977 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2017, 14:52   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I think they suppose that if they pay out on a claim like this, they will get hundreds more and be expected to pay them all.
Reminds me of Ford Pinto Scandal. This will not take them too far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asingh1977 View Post
After reading / following this incidence, and the Bangalore - Mandovi one I have one question. How come the manufacturer has not gotten involved.
This is what separates a responsible manufacturers from the rest. Reminds me of similar experience in 2000 with Hyundai. In 2000 Bohra Hyundai Chennai was closed by them for selling Euro I cars as Euro II cars. We bought a Santro from them at about the same time and we were in for a shock seeing the news till we found we were not affected.

http://expressindia.indianexpress.co.../fco30058.html

I do not know if Hyundai will do the same now but as a customer it was reassuring for us at that time.

A company like Skoda which is fighting to keep it's head up has a lot of lessons to learn.

Last edited by pacman2881 : 5th November 2017 at 15:04.
pacman2881 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2017, 18:35   #146
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnyBoy View Post
Suhas,

You have 2 options.

1. Accept and move on.

... ... ...

2. Fight till you win

... ... ...
I really take my hat off and bow low to those who are able to take a case to its conclusion and win. But we have to face facts: a very honest, down-to-earth, assessment has to be made of whether we can afford it, in time, energy, emotional and mental stress, and, indeed, money. The law, probably in many places in the world, is largely for the wealthy, not for the ordinary man.

Publicity works both ways. Whilst there may come a one-scandal-too-many that finally breaks Skoda's India business, we also know what Harish went through on his way to victory. We know, for instance, how easy it was, time and time again, for Skoda to drag things out by the simple means of not turning up. It's a tactic that is both easy and free.

We know, for instance, how easy it was, time and time again, for Skoda to drag things out by the simple means of not turning up. It's a tactic that is both easy and free. ...To them, while the customer still has to take the time, waste the day, and pay the lawyer.

Last edited by bblost : 5th November 2017 at 22:13. Reason: as requested
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2017, 21:46   #147
BHPian

Quote:
The law, probably in many places in the world, is largely for the wealthy, not for the ordinary man.

Publicity works both ways. Whilst there may come a one-scandal-too-many that finally breaks Skoda's India business, we also know what Harish went through on his way to victory. We know, for instance, how easy it was, time and time again, for Skoda to drag things out by the simple means of not turning up. It's a tactic that is both easy and free.
These days things have changed at least in Bangalore out of my personal experience. Opposite advocate requested 4 weeks to file objections for which the judge told him he just has 2 weeks to file the objections and no further delay. Please check http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...ml#post4299398

I understand that if the petitioner and his lawyer is regular & opposite party doesn't show up then Ex-Parte orders are passed and if they need to get it cancelled then they have to take it to the state forum to get cancelled and if they do not get it cancelled before the next hearing then a judgement is passed in favour of the Petitioner.
bikerzindia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2017, 01:32   #148
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerzindia View Post
These days things have changed at least in Bangalore out of my personal experience. ... ... ...
Oh, that is good news. Justice moving in the right direction.
Old 7th November 2017, 20:39   #149
BANNED

Quote:
Look Suhas, you are just wasting time. I would say you have taken up this in consumer court. Now you have to do it take this up in criminal court also. Till you do that, there is no way these guys will take it seriously. The more you keep talking & dilly dallying,the more weak you are proving yourself to be. With my little understanding of law, You can file against them for Cheating 420, 120B Criminal Conspiracy, etc etc (Criminal Law Practitioners in the forum can help with better inputs please) Click on the link & search for word cheating & you shall get so many sessions under which both Skoda & Vinayaka Skoda can be booked https://indiankanoon.org/doc/445276/ . Also invoke these offenses http://www.cartoq.com/illegal-car-mo...happen-to-you/. I hope your car is parked safely in your garage and not at their workshop. Consumer courts now don't work like how it used to work during Harish's case. (Out of my own experience I am guessing)

According to me the Skoda guy is just trying to put ice pack on your wounds and in no way has seriously taken up your issue to solve it.
Yes, taking up the matter through criminal court are in thoughts and have already been discussed with the required people but I have been waiting for a few things to clear out and get some things done . Post which I will definitely take up the matter with this manner , but I'm sorry to not be transparent with this regard as it might hamper some of my moves .

And , regarding your idea of having a rally around the showroom and Skoda's office in bangalore is fantastic ! I'm definitely IN for such a thing, If BHPians are ready to support me for such an event then I'm ready to plan and host it.

And a real big thank you coming out and giving lots of support !

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Just reading about your ordeal and the interactions with Skoda makes my blood boil.
Here the fault lies clearly with the manufacturer Skoda as it has let it's dealers dictate the terms rather than the other way around. The antics of one Mr. Ketan points to the helplessness or the callousness of Skoda on it's behalf for it's customers.
Definitely agree on this but I do not understand as to why Skoda has stayed numb for moving matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman2881 View Post
Motorbeam covers this story with a link to this thread-
Yes, it would have been a sensible move if it was done but unfortunately looks like there's enough people to not think of such things when they have enough ways to make illegal income!

And thank you for updating me about the coverage on motorbeam, I did post a reply there as well.

Quote:
I think they suppose that if they pay out on a claim like this, they will get hundreds more and be expected to pay them all. This actually reflects very badly on their belief in their dealers and their customers.

Add to that: they never heard of the Streisand effect.
Exactly! And I also have personal information that it was not just me but about another 6-8 cars were similarly modified and delivered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnyBoy View Post
Suhas,

You have 2 options.

All the best on whichever way you choose.
Accepting such an offer would be foolish, I rather fight till I win and give a clear and strong message to everyone.

Yes, what they did to us during the discussions were ruthless and unprofessional and it has just angered me more to not budge to them.

I really would be glad if you can " we will share the links to friends, dissuade family from buying skoda cars, give you advise and moral support. "

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
Suhas you need to proceed the legal way. No point in talking to them as I don't think they have the right intention. And how can they threaten you for defamation ? Hope your car is sitting with you and not in their garage.
The matter has already been taken up legally , I have been fighting it since last 8 months .
Yes the car is in my position and I'm doing every bit of my duty to keep the car road-worthy and required maintenance to keep car in top condition.

Quote:
I really take my hat off and bow low to those who are able to take a case to its conclusion and win. But we have to face facts: a very honest, down-to-earth, assessment has to be made of whether we can afford it, in time, energy, emotional and mental stress, and, indeed, money. The law, probably in many places in the world, is largely for the wealthy, not for the ordinary man.

We know, for instance, how easy it was, time and time again, for Skoda to drag things out by the simple means of not turning up. It's a tactic that is both easy and free. ...To them, while the customer still has to take the time, waste the day, and pay the lawyer.
Yes a lot of effort and time is required to fight and get victorious but when such fraudsters are defeated and the message is sent to such a manufacturer will be strong, I feel it's worth the pain and effort.

Yeah, the courts have definitely changed a little at least. Things do move fast now and have started supporting consumers.

Quote:
These days things have changed at least in Bangalore out of my personal experience. Opposite advocate requested 4 weeks to file objections for which the judge told him he just has 2 weeks to file the objections and no further delay. Please check http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...ml#post4299398

I understand that if the petitioner and his lawyer is regular & opposite party doesn't show up then Ex-Parte orders are passed and if they need to get it cancelled then they have to take it to the state forum to get cancelled and if they do not get it cancelled before the next hearing then a judgement is passed in favour of the Petitioner.
I hope to see such things happening with my case too! We would all see victory soon then.
and I have to agree with you for the part where the courts' functioning have changed.

Last edited by aah78 : 28th November 2017 at 18:29. Reason: Post fixed. Please avoid quoting large posts entirely. Thanks!
SuhasManjunath is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th November 2017, 07:03   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuhasManjunath View Post
Mr.Sanjeeva Rao had planned the discussion on 30th October 2017 by 7:00-7:30 PM at the Vinayak Skoda premises in the presence of Mr. Ketan who is the ASM of Skoda India, Mr. Suresh Bafna who is the owner of Vinayak Skoda and my father and I.

Meanwhile I called up Mr. Ketan to confirm his presence for the discussion and Mr. Ketan said he has already started from his office and he is on his way to Vinayak Skoda and after a few minutes comes another happy news , Mr. Ketan who was on his way to Vinayak Skoda gives a reason and says he cannot be present for today's discussion and asks us to proceed with the discussion. Very reluctantly my father and I agree for this as we had already wasted over an hour at the showroom so we went ahead and met Mr. Suresh and Mr. Sanjeeva.

With Ketan missing on discussions and lately talking in support of the dealership, i personally feel they are working hand-in-glove again to make a buck and not respect the customer's need.
I was reading your post today, don't know whether it is coincidence or it is what it is, the after sales team of OEM's work the same way. I faced a similar situation in 2016 with Trident Renault and Renault's after sales Manager skipped the meeting at last minute giving a vague reason. Here Khetan has done the same thing. I think Skoda should own the responsibility for the absence of Khetan during your meeting with Vinayak Skoda. We have every right to question the suspicious behavior of Mr .Khetan for skipping the meeting.

Last edited by aah78 : 28th November 2017 at 18:27. Reason: Please avoid quoting large posts entirely. Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks