Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2017, 08:36   #151
BHPian

Re: Man buys Skoda Rapid Black edition; Vinayak Skoda sells him a fake ed converted from a regular R

Ruin their business. Get a banner on the rear windscreen on your car and sides (if possible) stating how they cheated you in crisp 2 lines and a bit.ly link to this thread. Go around Bangalore.

Start Facebook pages, campaigns, petitions etc. The prospect of losing further business will make them come down.

Pay for a bill board bang opposite the showroom or nearest to it and put the msg. Might not cost much compared to what I think you are spending on legal counsel.

Once the matter is sub judice you can't pretty much do any of this.

Last edited by bharatbits : 12th November 2017 at 08:40.
Old 12th November 2017, 10:44   #152
BHPian

Re: Man buys Skoda Rapid Black edition; Vinayak Skoda sells him a fake ed converted from a regular R

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbits View Post
Ruin their business. Get a banner on the rear windscreen on your car and sides (if possible) stating how they cheated you in crisp 2 lines and a bit.ly link to this thread. Go around Bangalore.

Start Facebook pages, campaigns, petitions etc. The prospect of losing further business will make them come down.

Pay for a bill board bang opposite the showroom or nearest to it and put the msg. Might not cost much compared to what I think you are spending on legal counsel.

As a layman I think you can do all of the above as you are only stating facts and also best thing would be you put facts and also the case number of the court case so that there is a trust which is created of being transparent and that this isn't just any other rant. Legal experts can however comment on legality of it.

@Suhas, Could you please share the case details that you have filed in consumer court? Case number, which court & progress of the case?

The more time you waste, the more fizz you lose.

Last edited by bikerzindia : 12th November 2017 at 10:55.
Old 26th November 2017, 11:12   #153
R17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuhasManjunath View Post
Yes, taking up the matter through criminal court are in thoughts and have already been discussed with the required people but I have been waiting for a few things to clear out and get some things done . Post which I will definitely take up the matter with this manner but I'm sorry to not be transparent with this regard as it might hamper some of my moves.

I hope to see such things happening with my case too! We would all see victory soon then.
Aand I have to agree with you for the part where the courts' functioning have changed.

All the best Suhas! I do hope you find a resolution.

Also, on the same note, I'm another recent Rapid buyer who is beginning to experience the famous Skoda customer-love and need some help - Could you pls share the email address of the Skoda India CEO and also of any relevant folks in Skoda customer grievances dept?

Here's my issue:
  • I took delivery of my car ~1.5 months ago - The Rapid Style AT Petrol variant - from Autobahn Skoda Andheri, Mumbai.
  • My deal included the Skoda Maintenance Package (SMP) which essentially includes 4 years of servicing and maintenance - When we were finalizing a car, this was one of the big incentives which they offered us that tilted our choice towards the Rapid instead of the Vento.
  • Anyway, we agreed, took delivery about 1.5 months ago and on the delivery day, the salesman told me that the SMP docs will come in in 1-2 months, well before our first service - We were fine with that and moved on.
  • Now, about 1.5 months after Ive already taken delivery, he calls us and tells us that there is some system error and human error, so they couldnt process our SMP and will need to withdraw it. Essentially, the SMP cost Rs 10,000 when we had taken delivery but was soon hiked to Rs 30,000. The human error was the "delay in punching in the details before the hike", the system error explanation seemed even shadier.
  • He is ready to reimburse us Rs 10,000 due to the "System glitch".
  • Needless to say, we are absolutely livid with this explanation (we clearly highlighted that neither the system nor the human error is any of our concern) and plan to take it up with Skoda.
So I would appreciate any pointers on how to deal with the Autobahn Andheri folks. Further, would also appreciate it if you sent across the Skoda India CEO's email address as also coordinates of other relevant folks in the customer care team, if you have those. For now, I plan to start off by highlighting this issue to the Skoda and Autobahn mgmt.

Thanks.

Last edited by aah78 : 28th November 2017 at 18:26. Reason: Quote edited. Please avoid quoting large posts entirely. Thanks!
R17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2017, 16:33   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R17 View Post
[*]Now, about 1.5 months after Ive already taken delivery, he calls us and tells us that there is some system error and human error, so they couldnt process our SMP and will need to withdraw it. Essentially, the SMP cost Rs 10,000 when we had taken delivery but was soon hiked to Rs 30,000. The human error was the "delay in punching in the details before the hike", the system error explanation seemed even shadier. [*]He is ready to reimburse us Rs 10,000 due to the "System glitch".
Hi R17, I also bought a Rapid 2 months back. I also got the deal for 10k for Service maintenance package.
But the instructions given to me by the Sales executive were clear that the money is to be sent to Skoda directly via NEFT with VIN number in remarks.
Please see screenshot for the instructions that were sent to me by my Sales Advisor
Vinayak Skoda sells fake Rapid Black edition. EDIT: Replaced with a new car-1511693756814.jpg
The maintenance package now shows up in my "My Skoda" app.
Vinayak Skoda sells fake Rapid Black edition. EDIT: Replaced with a new car-1511694197656.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Vinayak Skoda sells fake Rapid Black edition. EDIT: Replaced with a new car-1511693938692.jpg  

Vinayak Skoda sells fake Rapid Black edition. EDIT: Replaced with a new car-1511694058934.jpg  

Vinayak Skoda sells fake Rapid Black edition. EDIT: Replaced with a new car-1511694061227.jpg  

Last edited by ferrarirules : 26th November 2017 at 16:36.
ferrarirules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2017, 15:02   #155
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
I was reading your post today, don't know whether it is coincidence or it is what it is, the after sales team of OEM's work the same way. I faced a similar situation in 2016 with Trident Renault and Renault's after sales Manager skipped the meeting at last minute giving a vague reason. Here Khetan has done the same thing. I think Skoda should own the responsibility for the absence of Khetan during your meeting with Vinayak Skoda. We have every right to question the suspicious behavior of Mr.Khetan for skipping the meeting.
Maybe this is how the industry works and it's saddening to understand that at least 20% of the buyers have some or the other issue with their dealer. I don't understand why companies like VW and their subsidiaries, Renault, Honda who operate in almost every part of the globe and have set a very good framework to help their customers in other markets have failed to implement the same framework here in India! Or maybe it's our government who has failed in setting strict rules for manufacturers and its employees.

It would be helpful if could you let me know what was the issue that you had with renault(as you have mentioned it was a similar case) and how did you get it resolved along with the time taken and the resolution given?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbits View Post

All these are planned , it's going to be executed soon ! but what caught my interest was a recent update from a friend of mine who has another issue with Vinayak Skoda , So we are planning to meet up and plan things together for better results and faster outreach.

But yeah, since the matter is sub-judice, i will have to sit with my legal team and check how far i can do such things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerzindia View Post
@Suhas, Could you please share the case details that you have filed in consumer court? Case number, which court & progress of the case?

The more time you waste, the more fizz you lose.
The case is being proceeded in "District Forum (Bangalore 1st & Rural Additional in Karnataka )"
As far as complete details, my legal team has asked me to refrain from giving out complete details as someone might use their influence to help Vinayak Skoda or hamper the proceedings in court by delaying the process. So i'm really sorry for not being transparent about the case number but I promise to make all the court details along with the evidence produced there to be transparent once the order is passed.

The progress of the case so far has been good in terms of the speed in which the court has been moving it and in terms of the proceedings , all versions have been filed and had passed on the evidence stage , My lawyer has already filed the evidence on my behalf and Vinayak Skoda who had so far been an ex-parte has just filed an objection with the court to let them contest the case, we have to wait and see if the court will allow them or not as my lawyer has filed a strong objection against them participating in the case at such a late stage . Hoping to get the judgement soon as just the arguments stage is pending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R17 View Post
So I would appreciate any pointers on how to deal with the Autobahn Andheri folks. Further, would also appreciate it if you sent across the Skoda India CEO's email address as also coordinates of other relevant folks in the customer care team, if you have those. For now, I plan to start off by highlighting this issue to the Skoda and Autobahn mgmt.
R17, As expected the Skoda dealer don't care much about their so called valued customers who according to them have no value .

As far as I know, there is a timeframe of 15 days to make the payment for the Service maintenance package and since the dealer had offered that to you while purchase, I feel they should have done the process for you by making the payment to Skoda auto india through NEFT and since they failed to do it , now the system would not accept your car.

Regarding the details that I could share with you are very minimal as , I personally have no reply from the 'Director for Sales, Marketing and Services Skoda' who is Ashutosh Dixit. I personally couldn't get his e-mail ID through Skoda but I did manage to get his e-mail ID from Linkedin and did send him a mail but unfortunately that mail went unanswered. All you can do is probably mail the dealer, the Skoda customer care "customercare@skoda-auto.co.in" and register a complaint with their helpline number. But according to me none of this will be of much use other than getting a complaint/token number!
I could share you the local ASM's number but he maybe of no use as your issue is with a complete different dealer who is is in a complete different state. Hence the ASM will also be different.
But again I can give you my inputs on how I have been going so far and what has helped me and what has not , If you can personally drop a message to my inbox then we can share numbers and get in-touch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarirules View Post
Hi R17, I also bought a Rapid 2 months back. I also got the deal for 10k for Service maintenance package.
But the instructions given to me by the Sales executive were clear that the money is to be sent to Skoda directly via NEFT with VIN number in remarks.
Yes , you are right. As far as I remember even my dealer had asked me to take the Service maintenance package by making the payment through NEFT and the same process that you have followed . But I did not opt for it as it was something new that they had launched and I had no guarantee on how useful it would be .

Last edited by Aditya : 29th November 2017 at 07:58. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
SuhasManjunath is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th November 2017, 17:08   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Maybe this is how the industry works and it's saddening to understand that at least 20% of the buyers have some or the other issue with their dealer.

It would be helpful if could you let me know what was the issue that you had with Renault(as you have mentioned it was a similar case) and how did you get it resolved along with the time taken and the resolution given?
In my case, I was delivered a car which had a lot of manufacturing issues. I suspected that they gave me an orange and the ASM was hand in glove with the dealer. After I escalated the matter to Sumit Sawhney, the ASM called me, but he did not show a genuine interest to resolve the issue. Later I sold the car after fixing the issues from my own pocket.

Last edited by deehunk : 28th November 2017 at 17:11. Reason: typo
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2018, 17:19   #157
Distinguished - BHPian

Any updates on this case? Has the issue been resolved?
Old 9th January 2018, 11:05   #158
BANNED

UPDATE :

NO RESOLUTION STILL !

It's a very sorry state of affair with Skoda and it's dealer Vinayak Skoda, despite showing them the evidence about their failure/fault and proving them that it is their mistake, the dealer is still not ready to close the case. Skoda india's ASM on the other hand seems to have given me false updates saying the manufacturer has taken very stringent action against the dealer and they have not been supplying new stock or have blocked supply to their inventory. Which seems to be completely false as Vinayak Skoda has been selling cars throughout and Skoda India has done nothing or have not taken any action against the dealer and from a common man's view it more seems like Skoda has been nourishing Vinayak Skoda and aiding them to cover up the negative publicity that has caught them through this issue as their sales figures seems to be growing with every passing day.

Later, I have escalated the matter to Skoda HQ and they have raised a ticket for the same, the ticket number is E22F60A5A6809.

A couple of weeks past and I wrote to them again stating there has been no resolution yet and it's very saddening to see how poorly Skoda functions despite being such a huge company for which they replied stating the case is being looked into and we will update you shortly !

Finally a offer was made to me stating we will take back your car and return the value as per invoice/ex-showroom price and when I spoke to the Skoda ASM he says this is the best we can ask our dealer to do and nothing more can be done from Skoda's end ! It's very shocking to see such an unacceptable offer and I have rejected it straight away considering I would lose huge money which has been spent on taxes, insurance, legal expenses and overhead costs.

Update on the legal side :

I have still been fighting hard and haven't backed out in the court< I have asked my advocate to not delay a single date from our end and progress the case as quick as possible.
Vinayak Skoda who had so far been an ex-parte in this case has surprisingly popped up now and filed a application asking the court to permit them to contest the case. But the case has been referred to mediation which is scheduled for tomorrow(10/01/2018)

REQUEST FROM MY END !

I request the moderators, senior BHP-ians and anyone from bangalore to help me as I have been planning to organise a event soon and I personally want inputs and help from all possible people and since I am not completely familiar with using the team-bhp site, I do not know HOW and WHO to personally get in touch with so that I can take the inputs and suggestions.

Anyone who can help me with this can also drop me a text on +91 7760889523 and I will personally explain my idea.
I sincerely hope BHP-ians will come to my rescue and support me till I get Justice.
SuhasManjunath is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 10:29   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
UPDATE

I request the moderators, senior BHP-ians and anyone from bangalore to help me as I have been planning to organise a event soon and I personally want inputs and help from all possible people and since I am not completely familiar with using the team-bhp site, I do not know HOW and WHO to personally get in touch with so that I can take the inputs and suggestions.

Anyone who can help me with this can also drop me a text on +91 7760889523[/u] and I will personally explain my idea.
I sincerely hope BHP-ians will come to my rescue and support me till I get Justice.
Suhas, why the dealer wants to contest the case now? He is not only answerable to you as a seller but also to Skoda India for having faked one variant of a vehicle into another and then faking the invoice too, I think the misuse of Chassis number in all these wrong doing is a more serious crime. The dealer has cheated Insurance company, RTO and Skoda India which warrants cancelling of his trading license and imposing severe punishment on Vinayak Skoda management. Imagine if they trick a customer by selling a non-ABS variant vehicle with a ABS stickering job on the outside. This is simply unacceptable.

Last edited by deehunk : 10th January 2018 at 10:31.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 12:40   #160
BHPian

This is completely ridiculous and unacceptable. This is worse than daylight robbery. This is cheating of the highest magnitude. Skoda is off the table as far as I am concerned. The very fact that they haven't stepped in to resolve the case for their customer, speaks volumes of their real intention. Not only will I not buy a Skoda product, I will, to the best of my abilities, dissuade others from buying a Skoda product too. At least until Skoda steps up and helps resolve this amicably in Suhas's favor. If Skoda are reading this forum then they need to understand that they cannot get away by taking Indian buyers for granted.

I think this underlines the reason on why PDI inspections are a must. You must inspect your car before you buy it. You must spend a good amount of time looking at every aspect and following the PDI checklists that this forum offers. And while inspecting you must ask for documentation to check the VIN and ensure that you are actually buying the product that you are paying for. If the dealer refuses a PDI then walk away, actually run away.
ptushar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2018, 09:06   #161
Senior - BHPian

Found this article about Suhas's ordeal on Moneycontrol.

This should be shared among other potential buyers and made aware of this fraud.

Car buyer duped as dealer tinkers & sells Skoda Rapid regular edition in place of booked special edition

Hope this opens the eyes of Skoda and take corrective action before it's too late.
speedmiester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2018, 09:22   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But the case has been referred to mediation which is scheduled for tomorrow(10/01/2018)
Any update; what happened on the 10th?

I find it weird that the dealer wants to contest; especially as they are on such weak ground. Best wishes for your efforts; I hope you continue to be resilient in your valid demands.
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2018, 11:28   #163
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Suhas, why the dealer wants to contest the case now? He is not only answerable to you as a seller but also to Skoda India for having faked one variant of a vehicle into another and then faking the invoice too, I think the misuse of Chassis number in all these wrong doing is a more serious crime. The dealer has cheated Insurance company, RTO and Skoda India which warrants cancelling of his trading license and imposing severe punishment on Vinayak Skoda management.
Absolutely true ! These were the exact things that I put forward to Skoda India's ASM, that they have not just cheated me but have also cheated the company. For which he gave strange reply stating that Skoda India has taken a very strong action against the dealer and I need not worry about it.

But what surprises me is that they are not ready to inform me the action that they have taken against the dealer! So I really wonder if Skoda India is trying to support their customer or their unethical dealer so they can sustain in the Indian market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Any update; what happened on the 10th?

I find it weird that the dealer wants to contest; especially as they are on such weak ground.
As far as both of you have asked as to why the dealer wants to contest the case now I feel it's more or less clear about the outcome of the court's judgement, So after 155 days of case being run in the court and the whole time when Vinayak Skoda was placed as an ex-parte , now the dealer wants to contest the case. So probably the dealer and Skoda India's advocate might work in coordination so that they can stretch the case judgement by almost doubling the time and making sure the Justice that has to be served is delayed or it might also be their strategy to outrun on the basic time required and expect an outcome where I might give up on the case.

Update from 10th January 2018 mediation at the consumer forum:

It was the second mediation date according to the records of the district consumer forum and as expected there was no party/advocate present on behalf of Skoda India even for the second mediation date.
For Vinayak Skoda, only their represented advocate was present who absolutely had no decision making authority during the mediation.

Upon further discussion in the mediation room, the mediators appointed by the court were explained about the whole fiasco and trauma that I have to go through due to this unethical dealer. The mediators then asked me to come out with my requirements to close the case amicably and initially I refused to put forward my requirement as the opposite parties' (beit Skoda India or Vinayak Skoda) [B]decision makers were absent for the second mediation also.[/b]
But upon further discussion with my lawyer and the mediators of the court, I understood that if I let them walk out without proceeding the mediation, it would have been a gain to the opposite parties as they would just keep prolonging the case and buying time.
So obliging to the request of the mediators that they would positively close the case on the next mediation date, I did present my requirements to close the case through mediation and made it very clear that if the case is not closed during the next mediation date then I would not be interested in mediating anymore and would be fighting for my justice only at the court.

The next mediation is on the 22nd January 2018.
SuhasManjunath is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th January 2018, 11:58   #164
Senior - BHPian

See if you can make anyone from Vinayak Skoda Management to appear in person, the person representing them will be some guy doing only clerical work for the advocate. There can be a possibility of making RTO as a co-party to this case. Try to explore this option by talking to your lawyer.
Old 16th January 2018, 14:37   #165
BHPian

http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/bus...n-2482169.html

Seems to be going down the same way as Harish's case with the arrogant dealer despite the obvious issue of causing the problem not bothering to appear for these cases. Skoda just doesn't seem to learn its lessons in controlling its dealers and ensuring its customers satisfaction.
SR-71 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks