Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2018, 12:44   #226
BANNED

Re: Man buys Skoda Rapid Black edition; Vinayak Skoda sells him a fake ed converted from a regular R

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Do you suspect that money has changed hands here and that is why the final verdict is being delayed with the case getting buried in technicalities? Although of course the judiciary is in a pathetic state in our country, but one would expect them reach to a conclusion in a more timely fashion in such a open and shut case like yours.

Also I wonder what did Skoda say in the court? What arguments did they make in their favor? Would it be possible for you give us an insight into that? I am really curious to know since you had a straightforward case to begin with, possessing all documents etc. Or is it that they owned their mistake but the point of contention is only the penalty/punishment involved?
To begin with, YES I do suspect that money has changed hands and caused delays.
A few weeks ago I'd posted a detailed reply on this thread by clearly explaining the entire incident of what had happened when I'd visited the court for a certain proceeding and from which my entire opinion of how the judiciary functions has flipped, if my old post was still present on the thread then it would've troubled me in the court and hence the moderators contacted me and made me understand the consequences of what would happen if decide to keep the post on the thread and later deleted the particular post. (I also thank the moderator who took this step to make me understand and delete the post as it would've really caused troubles if it had remained)
Since you say you are really curious , If you could inbox me then I would be happy to share that old incident at the court.

What Skoda said at the court was pretty straightforward, they filled a statement saying when the particular car was delivered to their dealership, the car had no problems and had passed the QC and hence it has no manufacturing defects and they would not be replacing the car from their end.(according to their statement it can be presumed that the car handed over to the dealer was a regular Skoda Rapid and hence passed the QC)
For which we had also filled a statement that since Skoda cars cannot be bought directly from the OEM, Skoda should take up some responsibility to maintain correctness among the dealerships which are appointed from them as it's the only route from where a genuine Skoda product can be purchased.

Post that Skoda or Vinayak Cars Pvt. Ltd. (Vinayak Skoda) have not submitted any evidences nor done any arguments at the court.
SuhasManjunath is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th November 2018, 19:00   #227
BHPian

Re: Man buys Skoda Rapid Black edition; Vinayak Skoda sells him a fake ed converted from a regular R

Any updates to what was the final verdict? Curious to know since there have been no updates from your side for almost a month.
Old 18th December 2018, 11:39   #228
BANNED

Update :

Since my last post on 29th October 2018 there were 3 hearings at the court. One was on 02/11/2018, second one was on 22/11/2018 and third was on 13/12/2018 but the judgement has still not been passed.

On 2nd November 2018, the Judge wanted some clarification with regard to documents submitted and hence gave the next date as 22/11/2018

On 22nd November 2018, I personally was present and did the needful at the court to give complete clarity on those particular documents and the next date was 13/12/2018

On 13th December 2018, A vital document was submitted to the court from which I assume there should be no questions in the mind of the Judge to pass a favorable order for which the case has been posted on 22/12/2018.

I would Like to add on by saying, fortunately things have turned in my favor even out of the court, As a possible settlement by the end of this month is also likely to happen.

I shall give complete clarity on the vital document submitted at the court and as well update if any out of court settlement happens.
SuhasManjunath is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 18th December 2018, 11:46   #229
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuhasManjunath View Post
I would Like to add on by saying, fortunately things have turned in my favor even out of the court, As a possible settlement by the end of this month is also likely to happen.

I shall give complete clarity on the vital document submitted at the court and as well update if any out of court settlement happens.
Good to hear that things are moving, albeit slowly. Hats off to your perseverance. It is not my decision to make, but I would really hope that you do not take the out of court settlement unless it involves an admit of guilt, a written apology to you for all this trauma and a more than handsome monetary component. If not, then let them suffer bad PR, have your independence intact to share this incident across all platforms and let them suffer in this digital age.

Last edited by Aditya : 18th December 2018 at 16:21. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
drmohitg is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th December 2018, 13:43   #230
Senior - BHPian

If the opponents are offering an out of court settlement, it sure does indicate the court decision may go in your favour.

Do let us know the further development.
Hats off to your perseverance!
Old 18th December 2018, 14:10   #231
BHPian

This is great news. Confidence inspiring for a consumer, even though things are moving in a sluggish manner. As other suggested, please make sure you don't opt for an out of court settlement unless their terms are too lucrative to miss. All the best and kudos to your steadfastness
Old 18th December 2018, 14:23   #232
BHPian

Quote:
update if any out of court settlement happens.
I have been following the thread all along. I know that by now it must be extremely tiring for you to chase the court but I would now suggest you to not go for out of court settlement. If the agency wanted it they should have done this right at the beginning.

Your costs and harassment must be compensated for and with interest and a deterrent must be placed so that no one is conned this way in future.

avingodb is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 26th December 2018, 17:37   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Update :

On 13th December 2018, A vital document was submitted to the court from which I assume there should be no questions in the mind of the Judge to pass a favorable order for which the case has been posted on 22/12/2018.
Hi Suhas,

Any update on the case? Hope you have received favorable and just decision

Thank you,
Mudhasir
Old 3rd January 2019, 23:55   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Update :

Hello, Suhas. Would like to know the updates on the case. I guess you already know that almost all members here are rooting for you, including me.
Old 5th January 2019, 16:46   #235
BANNED

BHPians, I'm firstly sorry for not being as active as most of you are and also apologize for not updating the thread soon after any proceeding. I was caught up with work and year end travel, I truly understand the impact this forum has had on me and the entire incident, I owe it to all you BHPians for supporting and standing by me to fight this out.

To update about the recent proceedings,

On the legal side there have 2 hearings since my last post, one was on 22nd December 2018 and second was on 2nd January 2019.

On 22nd December 2018 : I was personally present at the court and submitted a application along with print of an E-mail where Vinayak Skoda has offered me a brand new Skoda Rapid STYLE LE MT Petrol 2018 Model vehicle (colour of your choice) as an exchange for my existing car and post this submission, the Hon'ble Judge did go through the document and asked me for a few clarifications for which I promptly answered and the next date was given as 2nd January 2019.

On 2nd January 2019 : I was again present for the hearing, but only the Skoda Auto India Private Limited's advocate was present and as usual the Vinayak Cars Private Limited advocate was absent. The Judge questioned the Skoda Auto India Private Limited advocate as to why the Skoda Auto India Private Limited has still retained Vinayak Cars Private Limited as their dealer despite Skoda Auto India Private Limited getting to know about the malpractices and unfair trade practices practiced by Vinayak Cars Private Limited, For which Skoda Auto India Private Limited's advocate gave a standard reply saying that Vinayak Cars Private Limited cannot be removed from their dealership as a lot terms would be there to remove a dealership and it cannot be done easily. All together it was a good hearing for me and was really delightful to hear such stuff !

Now, on the part where I have been in talks with Skoda.

On the 27th of October 2018 : I had written E-mails to Skoda, Czech Republic and also a couple of people connected to Skoda in Czech Republic where I had followed on my ticket number E22F60A5A6809 which was raised on 16th November 2017.

On 28th October 2018, E-mails were written to the top management of Skoda Auto India Private Limited addressing some key and confidential matters connected to them and their dealer, Vinayak Cars Private Limited. After which I had several calls and E-mails exchanged through which the possibilities of a settlement opened-up and talks were initiated, the present offer from them is to exchange my existing duped car with a brand new Skoda Rapid STYLE LE MT Petrol.
I have been in touch with Mr. Ajay Shinde who is the DGM for Sales, Mr. Vibhu Hajela, who is the Head of Customer Experience team, Mr. Amit Dhingra, Mr. Pulkit Gupta and Mr. Nimish Sharma.
As per the most recent conversation with them I have been told that I will have to sign a Non Disclosure Agreement if I accept their offer.
For now, a few more points requires clarity from both the ends and there might be a couple of more discussions that take place before we see a settlement, if it happens.

Now what is most valuable for me is BHPians assistance and inputs :

Team BHPians are my most trusted source for suggestions and inputs for now, So I kindly request everyone to give their opinions and inputs as to what I should choose ? A) Legal battle or B) A settlement. If I choose option B then what should I consider as the best possible solution and what kind of settlement should be accepted, If i do.
BHPians can drop me a private message if they feel posting on the thread isn't the right thing to do when they want to give me a suggestion.
I might also be flying to Mumbai around the 15th of this month where I could possibly meet the Skoda management but however this trip isn't confirmed for now. I will get clarity on this by 9th of this month.
SuhasManjunath is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th January 2019, 17:52   #236
Senior - BHPian

So they basically buy your silence at the cost of a new rapid. Very cheap deal for them, even when they’ve been caught with their pants down.

I’d like to suggest that they also ought to pay you monetary compensation towards your legal fees and some more financial compensation for the hardship you’ve undergone. Also an admission of guilt. However I know that a legal battle is very expensive and time consuming in our pathetic legal system so won’t be surprised if you decide to settle things and move on.

Another question: After all the lies, do you still want a Skoda or would you prefer just taking cash and buying another brand?
Lalvaz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th January 2019, 19:36   #237
Senior - BHPian

If you have more time and energy then please pursue the case. They should not only replace the car but also pay for all the harassment that they have caused.

On the other hand it may make practical sense to take the new car and put the matter to rest. No one can guess how long it will take to fight it out in our courts in case you plan to go ahead.

Life is short, move on with the new car would be my suggestion.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2019, 19:58   #238
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have been told that I will have to sign a Non Disclosure Agreement if I accept their offer.
Skoda and their so-called marketing and sales people should note that we the public note this, and that it actually gives the worst possible impression of them, as per Lalvaz's post above.

However, SuhasManjunath must do whatever he sees he has to do to bring this episode to an end with a suitable and acceptable deal. NDAs do not reflect badly on the customer, only on the manufacturer.

Good Luck, Suhas. Hoping that you are, indeed, coming to the end of this trouble.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 5th January 2019, 20:57   #239
BHPian

Quote:
.....To update about the recent proceedings,.......
Now what is most valuable for me is BHPians assistance and inputs :

Team BHPians are my most trusted source for suggestions and inputs for now, So I kindly request everyone to give their opinions and inputs as to what I should choose ? A) Legal battle or B) A settlement. ....
First of all, thank-you for the hard work that you have done so far and sharing your state of mind with others. If not for your sharing, we wouldn't have known how cheap certain dealers and manufacturers can be.

Regarding your options, it is actually very simple. They are caught on the wrong side of the law and know that the battle going forward is a loosing one for them. It will be a long but but still a loosing one. Hence they are offering you a small token as compensation and trying to make sure nothing happens to them post this episode.

It is simply upto you to decide if you want an end to this chapter, relax your mind and look forward to another car/brand and move on in life. That is dependent on your willingness to fight and your other commitments that may/may not have more priority. The fight further will be long and exhausting but worth it in my personal opinion. Go further and ensure they are penalized for their mistakes to the best possible judgement. Such unethical practices should be stopped and Skoda India/Vinayak Skoda should be penalized for such attitude towards their customers.

If not (say you wan an end to this and relax) - refuse to sign any NDA, give them a piece of your mind and be clear that you want the compensation for the car, legal expenses, other financial losses (job leaves, business loss, etc. - anything that can be quantified) and a settlement for the harassment caused so far. They should and will settle this sooner or later. It is in their best interest.

So rather than us, it is you and your family who can best decide what is more optimum for you.

Last edited by sunilch : 5th January 2019 at 20:59.
sunilch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2019, 21:20   #240
Distinguished - BHPian

Do you really want another Skoda after this?

I feel you should push for complete refund + lost interest on that money + legal expenses.

The way I see it, you have already braved through the storm, a few more months should not matter - so get the court to rule in your favour and take it from there.

But hey, I am not in your shoes, so the final decision is yours and yours only. ATB!
Dry Ice is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed